Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Welcome To NIGERIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To NIGERIA (385 Views)

Welcome to Iragbiji, the real hometown of Asiwaju Tinubu / Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Umuahia. IPOB Members Welcome Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To NIGERIA by OlujobaSamuel: 1:08am On Aug 01, 2018
This poem was written and posted on my Facebook timeline on Aug. 1st, 2014, so true now as it was then. A version of This is Nigeria.
WELCOME TO NIGERIA
Herein lies the reality of a nation called Nigeria
A country full of mineral and human resources
A country that appreciates citizens superiority over excellence
A country that appreciates figures rather than growth

Country where none takes responsibility but everyone gets one to blame
Country where my way is always the best
Country where opposition is always the black sheep
Country where logic and reasoning contradicts
Country where elites detest upcoming elites join them in the game

Where academicians works against the promotion of others
Where professionals works against others in the same field from getting to the peak of such discipline as though it's a birth right
Where there is no Rule of Law, but Law of Rulers

A country of hope
Where most strive for a better life
Where the government keeps telling you to work harder and hope higher
Where the system keeps telling you to kill such hopes, because better life exists for only the Rulers
A country where better life is determined by the population of subjects you Rule and not the ones you Lead

Where your wealth of professional or academic experience cannot give you authority
Where you sell your assets to induce electorates
Where we(electorates) care about what we get before election and not what is to come after election

Where religious leaders preach firms and organizations rather than God
Where what you know don't count but what you have to offer individual or who you know
A nation of false hope
Where only few are ready to strive for SUCCESS.

-OlujobaSamuel
Re: Welcome To NIGERIA by FiremanP(m): 1:22am On Aug 01, 2018
Poem? Admire the effort tho but seems like an observation to me.
Re: Welcome To NIGERIA by hector1046(m): 1:28am On Aug 01, 2018
Nice try but not rich enough
Re: Welcome To NIGERIA by OlujobaSamuel: 8:23am On Aug 01, 2018
FiremanP and Hector1046, thanks for the kind critique, I'm grateful. You can make necessary corrections to it, if you dont mind.

(1) (Reply)

https://www.nairaland.com/1992159/tambuwal-should-not-vacate-seat#27922316 / Buhari Hear This - I Am Saving 150000 Naira From Diesel Generators Monthly / Saraki Didn't Force Kwara Lawmakers, Governor To Leave APC - Kwara Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.