Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves (2022 Views)

Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders / Jubilation As Saraki Meets Other Defectors At PDP Secretariat In Abuja. Photos / Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by Nkemakonam62: 5:05am On Aug 01, 2018
Thousands of people are joining the All Progressives Congress, APC, even as Senate President Bukola Saraki and Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara announced their departure, to rejoin their old party, the Peoples Democratic Party.

Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo, chairman of the All Progressives Congress Governors’ Forum made this known in Abuja on Tuesday after a meeting with party chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.

According to Okorocha, Saraki’s departure will not any way dent the APC’s electoral fortunes in 2019.

“I don’t know when they joined the party and I don’t have to know when they are leaving the party.

“People are entitled to their opinions about how they see issues. Political party is just like a vehicle with which you get to your point of destination.

“And if they find out that they can no longer get what they want in APC and they want to go to other parties, it is good luck.

“But the question you should ask me, is how that will affect the APC, I don’t see any way it can affect the party negatively,” Okorocha said.

He maintained that President Muhammadu Buhari would win the 2019 presidential election even without the Senate President in the party.

Okorocha said this was especially so because Buhari was much stronger on ground now and would do better than he did before in terms of electoral victory come 2019.

“It’s neither here nor there, so we shouldn’t make a big issue out of it.

“Saraki is entitled to his political opinion and if he wants to leave, good luck to him and if the governor of Kwara, my colleague wants to leave, good luck.

“They are all responsible men and you cannot tie them down to where they don’t want to be,” Okorocha said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Saraki made his decision to leave the APC known via his Twitter account on Tuesday evening.

The President of the Senate wrote: “I wish to inform Nigerians that, after extensive consultations, I have decided to take my leave of the All Progressives Congress (APC).”

In a statement later, he announced his political destination as the Peoples Democratic Party, which he abandoned in 2014.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/thousands-join-apc-as-saraki-leaves.html

Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by emmie14: 5:35am On Aug 01, 2018
APC leadership skilled in propaganda. Rochas mentioned Saraki leaving the party and thousands joining APC without mentioning even one person or name that recently joined.

Rochas contributed immensely towards the departure of Chief John Oyegun and ascendancy of Adam Oshiomhole as the new APC boss which contributed to uncontrollable crisis the party is currently facing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by ozento: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2018
no picture. o! great lies.
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by igbeke: 6:28am On Aug 01, 2018
No be only thousands, na millions.

A party built on lies by liars and flourishes on lies and propaganda.

SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by yemmight(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2018
Okorocha is not in the position to know who decamp to where in Kwara. Moreover you can never trust Okorocha.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by Ingocof(m): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2018
if Saraki still wins whatever post he's looking for in 2019 then I will accord to him the due respect
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by IeatPussy: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2018
Where are the Thousands grin grin grin

[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by diegwu02: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2018
PDP should hand over the slot to Saraki, lets see how popular he is
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by DeBrain045(m): 8:47am On Aug 01, 2018
IeatPussy:
Where are the Thousands grin grin grin
[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]
Why don't you just go to romance section your brain works there
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by IeatPussy: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2018
DeBrain045:
Why don't you just go to romance section your brain works there

How did y know King of Romance section embarassed embarassed ?
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by Racoon(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2018
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by kalu61(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2018
Rochase Rochase
Re: Thousands Join APC As Saraki Leaves by Johnnyessence(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2018
lol how many thousand please. even huge rally will be hold today in ilorin. oshiomole destroy Apc more. nairaland politicians that doesn't know what is grassroot politics will be putting their mouth to it. lol

(1) (Reply)

My State By State Presidential Election Prediction / PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Nasarawa Steps Down For Labaran Maku / Herdsmen Attack : Osinbajo Visits Yoruba Monarchs, Reveals Next Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.