Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC (36554 Views)

Kwara PDP Primary: Bolaji Abdullahi Speaks On Being ‘betrayed’ By Saraki / Bolaji Abdullahi I Have Not Resigned From APC. / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Bethel4Life(f): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
J
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by foyeks2001(f): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bolaji Abdullahi....extremely loyal to Saraki.
This general saying abt -There's no permanent friend in politics shud be discarded.
Bolaji will always remain that permanent friend of Bukola Saraki.
He was removed as the minister of sport by Jonathan just because of his relationship to Saraki.
Now, again, he signed out from the APC because of same reason with Jonathan.
I respect and love Mr Bolaji for this.
Kudos to you Sir and I wish you all the very best
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by michoim(m): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Good. Na Sarakis be that. Good riddance to bad rubbish...

1 Like

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
Lol. But y did he deny yesterday?
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by GistFullGround: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
SING WITH THE MELODY OF "LONDON BRIDGE IS FALLING DOWN"

APC is falling down, falling down, falling down
APC is falling down
My good people

Send old soldier to Daura, to Daura, to Daura
Send old soldier to Daura
He has to go

Transmission cannot save him
can't save him, can't save him
Transmission cannot save him
Next year is calling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaXCf_fPD2k

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by pat077: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
PDP signing anybody
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Linus199(m): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin if you think Nigeria politicians are better than Hollywood say hiiiii
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Richdad50(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Badonasty(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
After Senate President Bukola Saraki dumped the ruling party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, it was widely expected that Abdullahi, being his loyalist, would follow suit. There were widespread reports on Tuesday that Abdullahi had done just that, but he vehemently denied it. However, on Wednesday, he confirmed his exit from the ruling party.
Bolaji Abdullahi has officially resigned his position as National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as his membership of the party.

After Senate President Bukola Saraki dumped the ruling party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, it was widely expected that Abdullahi, being his loyalist, would follow suit.

There were widespread reports on Tuesday that Abdullahi had done just that, but he vehemently denied it.

However, on Wednesday, he confirmed his exit from the ruling party, saying his “personal stake in the issue of Kwara makes it incongruous” for him to continue to sit as part of the working committee of the party.

Abdullahi complained that he has recently had to endure the “flagrant usurpation” of his role as the spokesman of the party in a manner that he considers “unbefitting of a ruling party and inconsistent with my ethical standards”.

He added that in a situation whereby his loyalty is constantly brought into question, his subordinates deployed to subvert his office, and his views constantly second-guessed on the basis of his political affiliation, it became imperative for him to review his position.

“Clearly, I cannot continue to function as the spokesman of a party whose expectations of that role is incompatible with my personal principles,” he said.
“In the same token, I can no longer justify to myself that I should remain in a party which has now made it clear to the world that the political group that I belong is no longer wanted, and which has

hung my membership of that group as an albatross around my neck.”

THE FULL STATEMENT
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE NATIONAL PUBLICITY OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC), MALLAM BOLAJI ABDULLAHI
AUGUST 1ST, 2018.
In view of recent political developments in the country and within the All Progressives Congress (APC), I have decided to resign my position as the National Publicity Secretary as well as my membership of the party with effect from today.

In the last few days, I have had to endure the flagrant usurpation of my role as the spokesman of the party in a manner that I consider unbefitting of a ruling party and inconsistent with my ethical standards.

I have served the APC honestly and to the best of my ability and when I stood for and won my election at the last convention; it was a keen desire to continue to do so. However, in a situation whereby my loyalty is constantly brought into question; my subordinates deployed to subvert my office; and my views constantly second-guessed on the basis of my political affiliation, it has become imperative for me to review my position.

Since assuming office as the spokesman of the party, I have tried to set a new template for public political communications in a way that departs from the vulgar abuse and verbal aggression of the recent past, where cheap lies and crude propaganda were normalised as politics, and even celebrated as measures of competence. Unfortunately, those who felt I was not “forceful enough” framed my ethical disposition as evidence of a lack of commitment to the party.

The unlawful dissolution of the validly elected party executive in Kwara State earlier in the week was only another phase in the unrelenting assault I have had to endure. As a national officer of the party, who sits in that Committee, courtesy should demand that my views be sought on a matter that concerns my state and in which I am directly involved. That action was, to say the least, disrespectful.

Quite recently, we all took the oath to do justice to all and not allow personal interests to interfere with our official responsibilities. With this obviously presumptuous action, and the decision to appoint as chairman of caretaker committee, the same man who had emerged as the chairman from the parallel congress in my State, the NWC has taken sides, violated its oath office and subverted its own credibility as an impartial arbiter. Yet, these are the same people that have continued to insinuate that others are serving interests other than those of the party.

Politics is local, and my personal stake in the issue of Kwara makes it incongruous for me to continue to sit as part of the working committee of the party. Clearly, I cannot continue to function as the spokesman of a party whose expectations of that role is incompatible with my personal principles. In the same token, I can no longer justify to myself that I should remain in a party which has now made it clear to the world that the political group that I belong is no longer wanted, and which has hung my membership of that group as an albatross around my neck.

Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/01/breaking-its-official-bolaji-abdullahi-resigns-apc

As expected
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by edupedia: 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
iammo:
Bye, for people trying so hard to criminalize defection, trump had various time been a member of two other parties, same with Buhari been a former member of APP, ANPP and CPC

...stop fishing for idiots...the man came with Saraki and was told by APC to go with Saraki...up till yesterday he released a statement of being in the APC but OSHOBABA has forced him out...good riddance!...

2 Likes

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Reputation247: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by IsaAbubakar: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:

Because the energetic Oshiomole was proactive to have noticed your loyalty was no longer with the party, the moment your benefactor Saraki, indicated interest to go back the Regional/Ipob party called PDP...

So you were outsmarted by the able Chairman. So quietly go and lick Saraki poo with the useless pigs from the other side. .
[/s]e pain am tongue
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by iammo(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
edupedia:

...stop fishing for idiots...the man came with Saraki and was told by APC to go with Saraki...up till yesterday he released a statement of being in the APC but OSHOBABA has forced him out...good riddance!...

I guess the concept of democracy is still new to your president and party chairman, even the fact you said he was forced out is totally undemocratic
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by abefeb1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
From THISDAY, we are the Buhari VANGUARD. Our support to him is a DAILY TRUST, since he is THE GUARDIAN, whose LEADERSHIP is clearly seen under the SUN and he's also seen as TRIBUNE of THE NATION! In TIMES like this, we have placed a PREMIUM on his reelection come 2019 Copied

1 Like

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by wallex1983(m): 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Simply put, since Osio baba became the spokesman....

in all honesty, i consider the exit of this man as more damaging than that of Saraki himself
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Since assuming office as the spokesman of the party, I have tried to set a new template for public political communications in a way that departs from the vulgar abuse and verbal aggression of the recent past, where cheap lies and crude propaganda were normalised as politics, and even celebrated as measures of competence. Unfortunately, those who felt I was not “forceful enough” framed my ethical disposition as evidence of a lack of commitment to the party.
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by santopelele(m): 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
(ADC) ALL DUMPING CONGRESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by MiamiePizza(m): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
I see everyone of this old past criminals are crossing all Ts and doting all I towards 2019. I just can't bring myself down to believe this Guys got any plans for the youths or Naija herself, the all gunning for power, to enrich themselves and their families. Are this not the same people who campaigned for buhari? are this not the same buhari loyalist? wait!, didn't all this guys decamping now share/loot with buhari and his APC led government? sure they are. Now they know APC sucks and PDP is the Savior hmmm, this guys are really taking us for fools. From PDP to APC to PDP to wherever now. Political harlots. They say say we follow American constitution, we follow American politics, Shey Republican member go fit just jump so another party for US or Another to Republican? this ppl got no shame at all. but wait! watin dem wan talk for campaign? how dem wan take talk ham gan? Are they gonna say APC is a bad government or the People there are looter how na? Same old stories right? hmm APC, PDP they all the same. Time we let this old/Near grave fools in Abuja knows we can no longer be fooled by them.
Let's make 2019 count, let's not vote for Party but credible candidate... I'm still waiting for my own credible candidate I'll put my vote for though.
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by LastSurvivor11: 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Propene:
In the best interest of APC, they should open their doors wide open, anyone that wants to leave should leave.

FG should also not run after defectors, focus on building a strong foundation for the party, watch who you admit into the party folds.

Although election is around the corner and performance of APC has been below par, APC should strive to give good governance and prepare for the next election.

No distractions, just focus

Unfortunately you can't give what you don't have, am suprise that by now someone thinks buhari has anything to offer Nigerians..
A man who has never headed any agency since over 20 years, a man who hasn't run any successful business apart from cows. A man who doesn't read nor attend lectures or seminars..
Just forget it, he doesn't have the mental capacity simple

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by McCobble(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
CriticMaestro:
PDP are behaving as if they have been bought by this rich Arabs...see them signing players up and down
Nah PSG vs Yobe Desert oh!
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Heffalump(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Because the energetic Oshiomole was proactive to have noticed your loyalty was no longer with the party, the moment your benefactor Saraki, indicated interest to go back to the Regional/Ipob party called PDP...

So you were outsmarted by the able Chairman. So quietly go and lick Saraki poo with the useless pigs from the other side. .

Sai Baba Till 2023....Osinbajo/ Elrufai Till 2031..

Keep building your filthy Castle in the air of oblivion.

Them sey water don swallow your party, APC and you're still here hoping for the unimaginable! APC is pathologically dead cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Goldaccumulator: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
i dont know him
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by edibobo: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
You see life.... you people assumed PDP was evil and now you experienced a devilish party that even Satan himself will not share in the same table with. Now every defected members are wailing....where is Jagaban himself ? Hope he will be able to sustain this tension ?
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Charmingrascal(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
Any stupid youth that will kill himself because of all these politicians should go ahead.

After all, it's a game of old political friends turned enemies after elections they turned friends again when election approaches they become enemies again. It is a just a cycle that we are used to only foolish youths will die for any politician.

By the time Politicians are celebrating their one year in office ur family will be marking one year of ur demise
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Racoon(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
edibobo:
You see life.... you people assumed PDP was evil and now you experienced a devilish party that even Satan himself will not share in the same table with. Now every defected members are wailing....where is Jagaban himself ? Hope he will be able to sustain this tension ?

grin grin grin wink Karma I tell ya.Guess he will apologize to Jonathan? Recall Bolaji Abdullahi wrote & launch a book containing all manner of fallacy against the former president?
Meanwhile Jonathan remains a prophet for accurately predicting these events.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
wallex1983:
Simply put, since Osio baba became the spokesman....

in all honesty, i consider the exit of this man as more damaging than that of Saraki himself

Have You ever noticed him, as a spokesperson for the person? How many statements has he released since 2015 till date to keep his Job?
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Bimpe29: 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
Let Lanre Onilu be given the plum position of APC image maker.
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by femmjo: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
Yes, next person, please.
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by CSTR1005: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
lol
The way APC will collect in 2019 will be funny.

1 Like

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by gidado14(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
After Senate President Bukola Saraki dumped the ruling party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, it was widely expected that Abdullahi, being his loyalist, would follow suit. There were widespread reports on Tuesday that Abdullahi had done just that, but he vehemently denied it. However, on Wednesday, he confirmed his exit from the ruling party.
Bolaji Abdullahi has officially resigned his position as National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as his membership of the party.

After Senate President Bukola Saraki dumped the ruling party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, it was widely expected that Abdullahi, being his loyalist, would follow suit.

There were widespread reports on Tuesday that Abdullahi had done just that, but he vehemently denied it.

However, on Wednesday, he confirmed his exit from the ruling party, saying his “personal stake in the issue of Kwara makes it incongruous” for him to continue to sit as part of the working committee of the party.

Abdullahi complained that he has recently had to endure the “flagrant usurpation” of his role as the spokesman of the party in a manner that he considers “unbefitting of a ruling party and inconsistent with my ethical standards”.

He added that in a situation whereby his loyalty is constantly brought into question, his subordinates deployed to subvert his office, and his views constantly second-guessed on the basis of his political affiliation, it became imperative for him to review his position.

“Clearly, I cannot continue to function as the spokesman of a party whose expectations of that role is incompatible with my personal principles,” he said.
“In the same token, I can no longer justify to myself that I should remain in a party which has now made it clear to the world that the political group that I belong is no longer wanted, and which has

hung my membership of that group as an albatross around my neck.”

THE FULL STATEMENT
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE NATIONAL PUBLICITY OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC), MALLAM BOLAJI ABDULLAHI
AUGUST 1ST, 2018.
In view of recent political developments in the country and within the All Progressives Congress (APC), I have decided to resign my position as the National Publicity Secretary as well as my membership of the party with effect from today.

In the last few days, I have had to endure the flagrant usurpation of my role as the spokesman of the party in a manner that I consider unbefitting of a ruling party and inconsistent with my ethical standards.

I have served the APC honestly and to the best of my ability and when I stood for and won my election at the last convention; it was a keen desire to continue to do so. However, in a situation whereby my loyalty is constantly brought into question; my subordinates deployed to subvert my office; and my views constantly second-guessed on the basis of my political affiliation, it has become imperative for me to review my position.

The unlawful dissolution of the validly elected party executive in Kwara State earlier in the week was only another phase in the unrelenting assault I have had to endure. As a national officer of the party, who sits in that Committee, courtesy should demand that my views be sought on a matter that concerns my state and in which I am directly involved. That action was, to say the least, disrespectful.

Quite recently, we all took the oath to do justice to all and not allow personal interests to interfere with our official responsibilities. With this obviously presumptuous action, and the decision to appoint as chairman of caretaker committee, the same man who had emerged as the chairman from the parallel congress in my State, the NWC has taken sides, violated its oath office and subverted its own credibility as an impartial arbiter. Yet, these are the same people that have continued to insinuate that others are serving interests other than those of the party.

Politics is local, and my personal stake in the issue of Kwara makes it incongruous for me to continue to sit as part of the working committee of the party. Clearly, I cannot continue to function as the spokesman of a party whose expectations of that role is incompatible with my personal principles. In the same token, I can no longer justify to myself that I should remain in a party which has now made it clear to the world that the political group that I belong is no longer wanted, and which has hung my membership of that group as an albatross around my neck.

Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/01/breaking-its-official-bolaji-abdullahi-resigns-apc
THE DOG ALWAYS FOLLOW HIS mASTER
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by JEREMYBENTHAM: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
Like Bamanga Tukur, like Adams Oshiomhole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate / Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.