Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick (14029 Views)

Why Do I Keep Getting Sick Every Month? / 8 Signs You Are Getting Sick You Should Not Ignore / 8 Signs You Are Getting Sick You Should Not Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Chapelbeatz(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
Ipob do pick up garbages In the dustbin to eat because of the high rate of hunger in the Yeast

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Sanchez01: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
comshots:
All water are from boreholes.Nigeria doesn't have a portable drinking water.We provide water for ourselves.
Water treatment level vary. You don't expect someone selling food by the roadside to go the extra mile in getting quality but expensive water when they can readily source cheap and impure water.

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Chapelbeatz(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
comshots:
If you are buying your ingredients at the market and bring them home to cook,you will eat and be satisfy.Methinks some of these mamaputs add ingredients in their food that will make customers not to eat bellyful.After eating for some minutes you start feeling hungry again.

actually its an innovation.after eatin 3 plates of food,on your way home even if na small pikin you seeee with food you go wan beat am collect the food

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Hamsaini: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin
comshots:
If you are buying your ingredients at the market and bring them home to cook,you will eat and be satisfy.Methinks some of these mamaputs add ingredients in their food that will make customers not to eat bellyful.After eating for some minutes you start feeling hungry again.
grin
comshots:

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by smileyoo: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
hemartins:
Some food are better gotten from the street. e.g roasted plantain, corn, suya etc.
ah suya is a no no no no, for me now. until cow people starts behaving normal. if you know, you know.
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by jonathanOz: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
czarina:
That abacha up there is tempting. Gaskiya I miss Asaba sad sad sad

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs smiley
Abacha, Gaskiya, Asaba. Love the rhyme. About the massage, do you offer happy endings

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Nawtiblayse(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
Opinionated:

Only eat what is made in front of you

There are generally two types of food stalls; the ones where the food is already prepared and waiting for you, or the ones where it is cooked right in front of you. Always choose what is cooked right in front of you. That way you know it’s fresh and therefore less likely to be contaminated and full of bacteria, especially in hot and humid destinations.

That's why aboki indomie is the favourite food I eat out
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by dayoakinns(m): 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
NOTED
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Gagare1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
Points 2,4 and 5 are okay by me. However, if you like yourself AVOID POINTS 1 and 3. Sometimes people patronize a particular joint for diabolic reasons, courtesy of whoever owns the spot. No go use your money buy food whey dem use ny.ash water cook.
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by nextstep(m): 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Carry a pack of tetracycline and flagyl grin

Just use a capsule of tetracycline and 2 tablets of flagyl immediately after eating...you're welcome

Heheh, anytime I travel I carry these two medicines. Whether it's mama put in Ore, or akpu junction in Asaba, or amala spot in Ilorin, or fried plantain sold by the road, or street food in Kano, or just the stress of road travel in Naija, something must make you purge. grin grin

But three things I don't mess with again:
- pure water
- abacha
- shawarma

I traced some of my worst episodes to "pure water", and discovered I spent more money on medicine than I was saving, so no vex, I no dey tear sachet again. Abacha has been cooking in the sun, enabling all kinds of bacteria grow. Shawarma - especially that mayo and fresh veggies. Basically, if it's not cooked, I won't touch that street food.
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Krafty006: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
prevention is better than cure ...........quality leather sandals 08181663616.
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by hemartins(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
smileyoo:
ah suya is a no no no no, for me now. until cow people starts behaving normal. if you know, you know.

Normal or abnormal, I Love suya.
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Prettyenit18(f): 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
undecided why do you have to condemn someone else's opinion to make yours? Its not right. You can make your opinion or suggestions without condemning another person's effort.
Sanchez01:
This is pure nonsense.

The best way to avoid getting sick as far as street food is concerned is understanding...

1. Your allergies (If any).
2. Know the source of water and other materials the food was made with.
3. Know your body: Just because people eat it doesn't mean you should too.
4. AVOID STREET FOOD totally as most are prepared in dirty environments.
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Psoul(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2018
This same post is on FP made by Revolva at 11:59pm Aug 1st and now this one is also on the same FP.
https://www.nairaland.com/4652374/street-food-how-avoid-getting#69906835

Moderator can you please check the Rule 18 of this Forum.

cc: seun
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Revolva(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
Psoul:
This same post is on FP made by Revolva at 11:59pm Aug 1st and now this one is also on the same FP.
https://www.nairaland.com/4652374/street-food-how-avoid-getting#69906835

Moderator can you please check the Rule 18 of this Forum.

cc: seun

what do you mean bro

you copy the same link and i dont understand
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Psoul(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Revolva:

what do you mean bro

you copy the same link and i dont understand

U created this post, it was on FP and another user by moniker opinioated also created this same post and it was also on FP

https://www.nairaland.com/4651518/street-food-how-avoid-getting#69892727
Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Revolva(m): 8:31am On Aug 03, 2018
Psoul:

U created this post, it was on FP and another user by moniker opinioated also created this same post and it was also on FP

https://www.nairaland.com/4651518/street-food-how-avoid-getting#69892727

ohh its my luck dont worry about it ok

1 Like

Re: Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick by Hollajide24: 2:04am On Apr 23
Before Nko. Happy ending is the End Product v

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: How To Observe Unsupervised Self Quarantine / Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo / Young People Must Remain Virgins Until Marriage – Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.