Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

.NG Domain Name Live? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / .NG Domain Name Live? (3198 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Register .edu.ng Domain / Free .com.ng Domain Name Offer! / How To Get a .NG Domain Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.NG Domain Name Live? by LovelyDash(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2007
Hello,

I read about .ng domain name in one of the Nigeria daily news paper, that .ng domain name will be available from 1st of April. I don't know if the news is true I have check the website (nira.org.ng) the news paper ask us to check for details information but no lucky.

I don't know if anyone read about this domain name or I'm just dreaming of it.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by netzymes(m): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2007
Dear Lovely,

.ng domains have been available for a bit now and there are several companies that offer registration. You can register it for free from NIRA if you meet certain technical criteria - essentially have nameservers in 2 physically different locations. You will also need to be a Nigerian Registered & Based company.

If you have difficulty meeting these technical specs, we can register it for you for N1000. We will then point it to your hosting provider.

You should also check the forum as there are quite a few offers to register .com.ng (from free to , )

Hope this helps.

Regards
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by syskay(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2007
He did not mention the .com.ng domains. He’s actually saying .ng, which means Nigerians will soon be able to register www.yourname.ng.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by akara(m): 10:52am On Mar 30, 2007
grin

Na wao, after all this years we are struggling with .ng registration.

grin
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by niyyie(m): 12:40am On Mar 31, 2007
He doesn't have to mention .com.ng to imply .ng

Could be that the said publication means NIRA is now ready to go public.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by netzymes(m): 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2007
Thanks niyyie.

I have learnt not to get into issues on this board for several reasons, but will always give advice where necessary - maybe I am showing my age!

The .ng domain on its own really does not help anybody. The idea is to be able to tell where organizations fit in by the extension on the domain. Hence .gov.ng = government, .edu.ng = education or degree granting bodies. This is the same with the UK/US which uses the extension to distinguish between organization. This means you can have a company called Kings and a University called Kings and will be able to register domains for both e.g. kings.com.ng and kings.edu.ng. You could also have extensions like sch for school which was taken off the NIRA list - then you could have kings.sch.ng.

Niyyie thanks once again. I have always found your comments on this forum well thought through - you are probably showing your age too!
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by LovelyDash(m): 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2007
syskay:

He did not mention the .com.ng domains. He’s actually saying .ng, which means Nigerians will soon be able to register www.yourname.ng.

Thanks, I'm talking about .ng domain name (yourname.ng) and not .com.ng where can I buy the domain name online.
Regards.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by niyyie(m): 7:43am On Nov 27, 2007
Well, I doubt if NIRA (the .ng domains authority) will ever allow yourname.ng registrations due to the factors netzymes stated above.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by otoidea(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2008
yo netzymes , i need a .ng name , hw can i reach u?
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by smartsoft(m): 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2008
the gu said .ng domain only not .com.ng thing
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by venkat20: 6:34am On Aug 10, 2009
In the site I regitsered the Domain name http://www.tucktail.com/
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by seenjhon: 1:18am On Dec 01, 2010
Nice sharing. thanks,
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by bug24(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2010
why do guyz just leave what is asked aside and answers whateva is in their heads? just to prove a point, "i must talk" "i must contribute"

someone's talkin about .ng domains and the good samaritan started advicing on .com.ng.

i think these means the answerer (grama) does not even know the difference?
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by paffelek: 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
recent actions of Nigerian registry is probably an answer for this topic. Ive heard some rumors and been also searching for .ng domains (I dont have my company registered in Nigeria), and look what I found on this page:
http://web-solutions.eu/news/ng-top-level-domains-are-now-available-for-registration-nigeria.htm

so its pretty nice info - .ng is going to be available and without any restrictions

im goi.ng to register a lot of brand new domain names smiley
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by mededot(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Check out the full info on www.web4africa.com...
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by rufaai(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
[size=13pt]This is an old post, why bring it back to top!!! angry[/size]

Either ways, .ng is not yet live till date. But we're hoping to have it selling this month and you can order your .ng domain on GigaLayer as well. wink

http://www.gigalayer.com as soon as its live.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by ProGSM(m): 12:26am On Apr 16, 2013
gigalayer is a spammer.... Always spamming important posts there.

This makes you a bad host.

rufaai: [size=13pt]This is an old post, why bring it back to top!!! angry[/size]

Either ways, .ng is not yet live till date. But we're hoping to have it selling this month and you can order your .ng domain on GigaLayer as well. wink

http://www.gigalayer.com as soon as its live.
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by mededot(m): 11:33am On Apr 16, 2013
The .ng Registrar actually opens this 2nd level domains for sale today 16th April, 2013. So if you are interested, some registrars already started selling today! web4africa.com is!
Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by mededot(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
Download a the list of available .ng domain names here... http://www.web4africa.net/clients/dl.php?type=d&id=6 [PDF]

and the list of forbidden domain names is here: http://www.web4africa.net/clients/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=33

1 Like

Re: .NG Domain Name Live? by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
This is 2013.

It is now possible to register .ng e.g yoursite.ng (not yoursite.com,ng)

Check where to buy.ng domain name here.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Sample Web Proposal Document To Prepare Mine As A Webmaster / How Do I Create A Joomla Template And Edit An Existing One / Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.