Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

See My CGPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See My CGPA (3755 Views)

Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / Just Saw My Cgpa, What Are My Chances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2018
i currently have a gpa of 3.18 with only one semester to go, can i still make a 2:1

though i still have an extra semester due to the few carry overs i had in my year 3

i need to know how much effort i should invest in my studies this semester to enable me graduate with 2:1
Re: See My CGPA by rickyboss333: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2018
its very simple. let me assume u have a maximum of 24 units at your final semester. getting all A's means 24 x 5 = 120 points. now lets also assume that u have a total of 207 grade point with a total of 65 units which amounts to ur current CGPA of 3.18. adding maximum expected grade point of 120 to 207 = 327 and also adding 24 units to 65units = 89 units. therefore your expected CGPA at the end of your final year gives: 327/89 = 3.67 CGPA. so yes, u can still make it.

note that this calculation was done using assumed values since u didnt produced enough variables for d calculation, but still gives a 90% possibility for the expected out come.

therefore, including your extra semester gives u better chances to make even higher CGPA.

conclusion, u neee to b at a 100% efficiency in your final semester to get a second class upper. do not loose hope, it is very possible to make straight A's (1st class) in your final semester. I'd also advice to put all your strength in this final semester n not put too much hope in your extra semester cos its a different ball game at that point, alot of factors comes into play.

4 Likes

Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2018
rickyboss333:
its very simple. let me assume u have a maximum of 24 units at your final semester. getting all A's means 24 x 5 = 120 points. now lets also assume that u have a total of 207 grade point with a total of 65 units which amounts to ur current CGPA of 3.18. adding maximum expected grade point of 120 to 207 = 327 and also adding 24 units to 65units = 89 units. therefore your expected CGPA at the end of your final year gives: 327/89 = 3.67 CGPA. so yes, u can still make it.

note that this calculation was done using assumed values since u didnt produced enough variables for d calculation, but still gives a 90% possibility for the expected out come.

therefore, including your extra semester gives u better chances to make even higher CGPA.

conclusion, u neee to b at a 100% efficiency in your final semester to get a second class upper. do not loose hope, it is very possible to make straight A's (1st class) in your final semester. I'd also advice to put all your strength in this final semester n not put too much hope in your extra semester cos its a different ball game at that point, alot of factors comes into play.

thanks for taking your time to explain...
i can provide you with all the values you'd need
Re: See My CGPA by LegitBoyy: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
If you are on 3.18 out of 5.0 and you have one semester left, I'm sorry even if you have 5.0 for the next semester you can't make a 2.1.

9 Likes

Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 10:38am On Aug 02, 2018
LegitBoyy:
If you are on 3.18 out of 5.0 and you have one semester left, I'm sorry even if you have 5.0 for the next semester you can't make a 2.1.
okay... thanks for the info
Re: See My CGPA by rickyboss333: 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
SuperSonik:
thanks for taking your time to explain...
i can provide you with all the values you'd need

your welcome dear. u could simply fix the real values following d procedure as explained. i bet d results will b dsame. wish u all d best.
Re: See My CGPA by davbravo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
It's no longer possible with just a semester left
Re: See My CGPA by Evangkatsoulis: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
Impossible even with 3 semesters left. Your other results go dilute am.
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
Igbo man with low sense. Go and join your osu brothers and sell gala for lagos.
?

1 Like

Re: See My CGPA by alex81(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
chai! see Wicked comments.
Re: See My CGPA by MykeDesigns: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
You still have some carryovers ba? dont listen to all these negative comments, those carryovers if you can bag an A in everyone of them it will boost that 3.18 plus the extra semester it should still be possible to make 3.5
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
MykeDesigns:
You still have some carryovers ba? dont listen to all these negative comments, those carryovers if you can bag an A in everyone of them it will boost that 3.18 plus the extra semester it should still be possible to make 3.5
yes sir, three unfortunate carry overs...
thanks for your contribution...
Re: See My CGPA by stanvesco(m): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
SuperSonik:
yes sir, three unfortunate carry overs...
thanks for your contribution...

Well well well,

If you were my kiddo; I would dazzle u with a slap right now.

You walked Tru d university to the end without knowing how to calculate your cgpa!

What you would use to feed yaself for life!!!? Dammit!

Do u even realize the gravity of this?
Do you?

I think you are better off seeing your exam officer and discussing your options with him.

Since you are interested in making a good result,I advise you take out a plain sheet and strategize!!!!

Expect to spill over for a year.

Do not pick your carryovers now....work no toooo dey outside ,so y rush out with an unloaded gun(ur cgpa)

I advise u focus with all ur might....remember all As like someone suggested is a MYTH!

We all know it's hard; but with hard work and dedication you can have a combo of As and Bs....

I can send u a screenshot of some pages of my BOOK that can walk you Tru calculation of your CGPA/GPA.

You can opt for allllll possible Elective courses in your spilled year and add it; that way you r much more relaxed to blast them.

Aha;
Final year project is usually loaded with grade points,
Do ur ultimate best to make at least a B.....

Look your supervisor in his eyes and ask what can u do to make an A.

All d best in ur quest,......
U can correct a poor CGPA with a super master degree tho.,..

2 Likes

Re: See My CGPA by stanvesco(m): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
LegitBoyy:

He can tho..

You can't assume

1 Like

Re: See My CGPA by chicoMX(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
Igbo man with low sense. Go and join your osu brothers and sell gala for lagos.

Guy use your head na.

There's enough stress in Naija already, stop being a pain in the a**

5 Likes

Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2018
stanvesco:

Well well well,

If you were my kiddo; I would dazzle u with a slap right now.

You walked Tru d university to the end without knowing how to calculate your cgpa!

What you would use to feed yaself for life!!!? Dammit!

Do u even realize the gravity of this?
Do you?

I think you are better off seeing your exam officer and discussing your options with him.

Since you are interested in making a good result,I advise you take out a plain sheet and strategize!!!!

Expect to spill over for a year.

Do not pick your carryovers now....work no toooo dey outside ,so y rush out with an unloaded gun(ur cgpa)

I advise u focus with all ur might....remember all As like someone suggested is a MYTH!

We all know it's hard; but with hard work and dedication you can have a combo of As and Bs....

I can send u a screenshot of some pages of my BOOK that can walk you Tru calculation of your CGPA/GPA.

You can opt for allllll possible Elective courses in your spilled year and add it; that way you r much more relaxed to blast them.

Aha;
Final year project is usually loaded with grade points,
Do ur ultimate best to make at least a B.....

Look your supervisor in his eyes and ask what can u do to make an A.

All d best in ur quest,......
U can correct a poor CGPA with a super master degree tho.,..
thank you boss.. i have learnt it through google....
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
rickyboss333:

your welcome dear. u could simply fix the real values following d procedure as explained. i bet d results will b dsame. wish u all d best.
i did the maths few minutes ago and discovered that with straight A's (4courses + project) in this semester i'll still end up with a cgpa of 3.4......
my confusion now is if the gpa of my extra semester would add to whatever i get this semester..
i Heard that carry over courses don't really add to one's gp
Re: See My CGPA by chuggy(m): 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
SuperSonik:
i currently have a gpa of 3.18 with only one semester to go, can i still make a 2:1

though i still have an extra semester due to the few carry overs i had in my year 3

i need to know how much effort i should invest in my studies this semester to enable me graduate with 2:1
Your carry overs have already spoilt the result...you can't get 2'1
Re: See My CGPA by chicoMX(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
SuperSonik:
i did the maths few minutes ago and discovered that with straight A's (4courses + project) in this semester i'll still end up with a cgpa of 3.4......
my confusion now is if the gpa of my extra semester would add to whatever i get this semester..

Who told you failed courses don't add? they do just a little.

The thing is that they have divided the failed courses already ( with you scoring zero=F).
So, writing these courses again is like taking them afresh. Just score at least A in all of them
Re: See My CGPA by rickyboss333: 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2018
SuperSonik:

i guess ur total unit in ur final yr is quite low. which institution are u schooling?.
secondly, pls dont mind what anyone says about extra yr courses. they add up like normal yrs. the only thing is that its more difficult getting an A, n very much more likely getting an F, but if u can seat put, attend classes without minding ur level, do assignments and read very hard for ur exams, u will definately get there

1 Like

Re: See My CGPA by phemmyfour: 6:11am On Aug 03, 2018
SuperSonik:

Its much easier for buhari to win in 2019 than you getting 2:1. Except you are already in 3.3 /3.4, forget it and embrace your strong 2:2
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 8:03am On Aug 03, 2018
phemmyfour:
Its much easier for buhari to win in 2019 than you getting 2:1. Except you are already in 3.3 /3.4, forget it and embrace your strong 2:2
it is actually possible sir, i have done the maths.. straight A's will get me there, i don't know if the 2:1 will be worth the stress i'll have to go through to make the A's.....
will it be worth it?
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2018
rickyboss333:

i guess ur total unit in ur final yr is quite low. which institution are u schooling?.
secondly, pls dont mind what anyone says about extra yr courses. they add up like normal yrs. the only thing is that its more difficult getting an A, n very much more likely getting an F, but if u can seat put, attend classes without minding ur level, do assignments and read very hard for ur exams, u will definately get there
thanks
Re: See My CGPA by phemmyfour: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2018
SuperSonik:
it is actually possible sir, i have done the maths.. straight A's will get me there, i don't know if the 2:1 will be worth the stress i'll have to go through to make the A's.....
will it be worth it?
you are a joke
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 9:44am On Aug 03, 2018
phemmyfour:
you are a joke
your reason?
Re: See My CGPA by LegitBoyy: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
stanvesco:

He can tho..

You can't assume
I'm not assuming, it might sound harsh but that's the truth mathematically.
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
LegitBoyy:
i have 10 courses left (both this semester and my extra semester). base on my calculation i need 7 A's and 3 B's to get a 3.5 CGPA...
Re: See My CGPA by SuperSonik: 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
thanks to everyone that contributed, i am still deciding on whether to put in my best or to just settle with my 2:2 and hope that everything goes well in future....
Re: See My CGPA by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
SuperSonik:
i have 10 courses left (both this semester and my extra semester). base on my calculation i need 7 A's and 3 B's to get a 3.5 CGPA...

Target 10 A's bro and see what happens
Re: See My CGPA by stanvesco(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
LegitBoyy:

My dear.,..u can't be sure

Not all grade point analysis is same.

Some schools have the bulk of TCUE in the last year.,
While some have it evenly spread.,.

Mathematically you need all factors given to come to such conclusion..,

Tho someone who couldn't make straight A's, from primary skool to last year in University, wouldn't make it in last year especially if ceteris paribus!!.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Western Education? / See The World Most Quiet Place. / BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Orders Reopening Of All Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.