Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity (2033 Views)

The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma / Marry In Your 20s To Avoid Nagging In Your 30s – Prophet Ritabbi To Ladies / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
You believe that God almighty can have another God? Honestly no amount of logical and biblical evidence can convince you. It is only God that can do the work. Don't you see the contradiction; God almighty can have another God. It is like you are saying there is a certain number that is greater than infinity. If a number can greater than iinfinty, then infinity is no longer an infinity. Similarly, if God almighty can have another God, then it is no longer Almighty God. This is an issue of common sense.

Yes , to common sense , it is a rubbish and unacceptable , but to the spiritual sense it is a fact and everlasting truth.

What would you call your creator ?

Man or God.

In the Bible you read where God said " let us create man in our own image"... . That personality that was there with God is what to you ?

To you and to us , that personality is God for ever but not God to the Power issuing that command.

Genesis 1:26 KJV
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Also , in the new testament :

John 1:1-6,10 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
[4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
[5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
[6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

John 10:33-39 KJV
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? [37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. [38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. [39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

JUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THESE SCRIPTURES.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
You believe that God almighty can have another God? Honestly no amount of logical and biblical evidence can convince you. It is only God that can do the work. Don't you see the contradiction; God almighty can have another God. It is like you are saying there is a certain number that is greater than infinity. If a number can greater than iinfinty, then infinity is no longer an infinity. Similarly, if God almighty can have another God, then it is no longer Almighty God. This is an issue of common sense.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thank God that you accept that your faith in Jesus as God is rubbish and unacceptable to common sense. Now the next question is this; If God can ask us to believe in something that is rubbish and acceptable to reason then why did God say in Isaiah 1:18 as follows: Come now, and let us reason together?
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thank God that you accept that your faith in
Jesus as God is rubbish and unacceptable to
common sense. Now the next question is this; If
God can ask us to believe in something that is
rubbish and unacceptable to reason then why did
God say in Isaiah 1:18 as follows: Come now, and
let us reason together?
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Thank God that you accept that your faith in
Jesus as God is rubbish and unacceptable to
common sense. Now the next question is this; If
God can ask us to believe in something that is
rubbish and acceptable to reason then why did
God say in Isaiah 1:18 as follows: Come now, and
let us reason together?

How do you know that heaven and hell exist , with your senses or with faith in God's words ?

There are some things that you need your senses for and there are things that your senses cannot understand.

For example , it is sense less to think that the Lagos Lagoon would divide into 2 for some people to escape , talk less of a sea to divide for hours for Hundreds of Thousands of people to escape.

When the Israelites saw the sea b4 them and the Egyptians behind them , they thought it was their end .
THIS WAS BECAUSE IT WAS FOOLISH TO IMAGINE ALL OF THEM CROSSING IT TO THE END WITHOUT SINKING AND MADNESS TO IMAGINE IT WOULD DEPART FOR THEIR ESCAPE WITHOUT ACCOMODATING THE EGYPTIANS AS WELL.
But with Moses' faith in God , the foolish idea became a miracle , which the scientists cannot explained till today.

The Bible says in :

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
There are so many Gods therefore the God of the Quran differs TOTALLY from the God of the Bible. So if you're worshiping the God of the Quran automatically your thinking will TOTALLY contradicts what those who Worships the God of the Bible believes. The Bible was WRITTEN by Israelites whose God gave them laws to make a covenant with there generation. The same God chose ONLY that nation of all other nations, if anybody wants to claim being a prophet from that same God there are things to be considered before highly intelligent persons can agree with him. You can't just say because an Arabian fabricated a book and presented it to his pagan contemporaries who knew NOTHING about the God of Israel so every other right thinking persons will credulously follow his fabrications without scrutiny. The Bible,The God who inspired it and the Prophets mentioned in it are authentic, it's the Quran that needs authentication so no Muslim can say anything worth considering as far as this case is concerned. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
Mr enilove, honestly,you are yet to get my point of argument. I did not dispute the fact that Jesus is God according to some certain biblical verses.My point is that If Jesus is truly God, then this fact should be maintained throughout. All these verses such as John17:3, John 20:17, Luke 6:12, Mark 10:18, John 14:1, Mark 24:36, John 5:30, John 14:28, etc which tend to prove that Jesus is not God should not be present inside the Bible. The fact that Jehovah witnesses and some other Christians who really believe in the Bible are using these verses to prove that Jesus is not God is an evidence that those verses actually prove that Jesus is not God; not that they only appear to be so. If the non Bible believers are using those verses to prove that Jesus is not God, you may say they lack holy spirit. But this is not the case with JWs and other Christians that believe in the Bible. If Bible is really the word inspired by God, then God must have guided against this confusion. The barrier btw "Jesus is God" and "Jesus is not God" is TOO THIN. The barrier should be very THICK AND STRONG enough to the extent that no Christian should be able to claim that Jesus is not God, if truly Jesus is God. But this is not so. For example, Qur'an make the barrier between " Muhammad is God" and "Muhammad is not God" to be very thick and strong enough to the extent that no muslim can claim that Muhammad is God. I hope you have now gotten my message.
Concerning the issue of Hell and Paradise, I believe in two based on the word of God and base on reason. It is not unreasonable to believe that Paradise and Hell exist because God must compensate the righteous believers and punish wicked unbelievers accordingly. Again the issue of Sea that divided for the children of Israel to pass thru is a miracle that does not against reason. A miracle is a demonstration of God's power. But the issue of God becoming a man is totally against reason. One of the great attribute of God is immutablity; For I am the Lord, I change not (Malachi 3:6). The ESSENCE and the NATURE of God cannot change. Why? God did not create Himself since He has no begining. If God is the creator of Himself, then He can remould and change Himself to become human being or any thing He likes. Just like God cannot Kill Himself; In the same manner, God cannot change Himself. He is ETERNAL
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr enilove, honestly,you are yet to get my point of argument. I did not dispute the fact that Jesus is God according to some certain biblical verses.My point is that If Jesus is truly God, then this fact should be maintained throughout. All these verses such as John17:3, John 20:17, Luke 6:12, Mark 10:18, John 14:1, Mark 24:36, John 5:30, John 14:28, etc which tend to prove that Jesus is not God should not be present inside the Bible. The fact that Jehovah witnesses and some other Christians who really believe in the Bible are using these verses to prove that Jesus is not God is an evidence that those verses actually prove that Jesus is not God; not that they only appear to be so. If the non Bible believers are using those verses to prove that Jesus is not God, you may say they lack holy spirit. But this is not the case with JWs and other Christians that believe in the Bible. If Bible is really the word inspired by God, then God must have guided against this confusion. The barrier btw "Jesus is God" and "Jesus is not God" is TOO THIN. The barrier should be very THICK AND STRONG enough to the extent that no Christian should be to claim that Jesus is not God, if truly Jesus is God. But this is not so. For example, Qur'an make the barrier between " Muhammad is God" and "Muhammad is not God" to be very thick and strong enough to the extent that no muslim can claim that Muhammad is God. I hope you have now gotten my message.
Concerning the issue of Hell and Paradise, I believe in two based on the word of God and base on reason. It is not unreasonable to believe that Paradise and Hell exist because God must compensate the righteous believers and punish wicked unbelievers accordingly. Again the issue of Sea that divided for the children of Israel to pass thru is a miracle that does not against reason. A miracle is a demonstration of God's power. But the issue of God becoming a man is totally against reason. One of the great attribute of God is immutablity; For I am the Lord, I change not (Malachi 3:6). The ESSENCE and the NATURE of God cannot change. Why? God did not create Himself since He has no begining. If God is the creator of Himself, then He can remould and change Himself to become human being or any thing He likes. Just like God cannot Kill Himself; In the same manner, God cannot change Himself. He is ETERNAL

I will comment on this when I come back from church.

Thanks.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr enilove, honestly,you are yet to get my point of argument. I did not dispute the fact that Jesus is God according to some certain biblical verses.My point is that If Jesus is truly God, then this fact should be maintained throughout. All these verses such as John17:3, John 20:17, Luke 6:12, Mark 10:18, John 14:1, Mark 24:36, John 5:30, John 14:28, etc which tend to prove that Jesus is not God should not be present inside the Bible. The fact that Jehovah witnesses and some other Christians who really believe in the Bible are using these verses to prove that Jesus is not God is an evidence that those verses actually prove that Jesus is not God; not that they only appear to be so. If the non Bible believers are using those verses to prove that Jesus is not God, you may say they lack holy spirit. But this is not the case with JWs and other Christians that believe in the Bible. If Bible is really the word inspired by God, then God must have guided against this confusion. The barrier btw "Jesus is God" and "Jesus is not God" is TOO THIN. The barrier should be very THICK AND STRONG enough to the extent that no Christian should be to claim that Jesus is not God, if truly Jesus is God. But this is not so. For example, Qur'an make the barrier between " Muhammad is God" and "Muhammad is not God" to be very thick and strong enough to the extent that no muslim can claim that Muhammad is God. I hope you have now gotten my message.
The problems you're having is trying to assess the God of Israel with the mentality of the Arabs,it won't work! For instance, Ogun is a God in Yoruba land and the attributes of this deity is well understood by the worshippers but if a Frenchman is asked to assess this deity he can't understand due to his background! So to understand the God of Israel you need to study how HE dealt or relate with HIS people in ancient times. Jesus is God not because of the power he displayed when He came to the earth but "because He is the first Angel DIRECTLY created by God Almighty! He was given the privilege to serve as God just as Moses. Exodus 7:1 Egyptians believed that even Pharaoh is a God on his own that is why God told Moses i will make you God OVER Pharaoh so that the people of Egypt will know that Pharaoh is just a mortal man before the true God. So you can't understand the Bible if you're reading through the pages with the mentality of an Arab!
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2018
Mr Tatime, pls take your time to understand the main point of my argument. You are a Jehovah witness that believe that Jesus is NOT a true God but you believe that God used Jesus as an agent of His creation. Pls read my first original post to see where you get it wrong on the issue of how God used Jesus to create all other things. Unless you believe that Jesus is a true God( unlike Moses and Pharaoh who are false God), there is NO WAY you can reconcile your doctrine ( which says Jesus is an agent of creation) with Isaiah 44:24, 48:13, 45:12 and 66:2 which say God created the heavens and the earth all alone by His own hands. So my brother the issue of "Jesus is God" is not as simple as you think. The way the Christians believe that Jesus is God is BEYOND the way the Bible takes Moses as God. We all agree that Moses is a false God. But the Christians do not agree that Jesus is false God like Moses. They believe him to be a true God
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr Tatime, pls take your time to understand the main point of my argument. You are a Jehovah witness that believe that Jesus is NOT a true God but you believe that God used Jesus as an agent of His creation. Pls read my first original post to see where you get it wrong on the issue of how God used Jesus to create all other things. Unless you believe that Jesus is a true God( unlike Moses and Pharaoh who are false God), there is NO WAY you can reconcile your doctrine ( which says Jesus is an agent of creation) with Isaiah 44:24, 48:13, 45:12 and 66:2 which say God created the heavens and the earth all alone by His own hands. So my brother the issue of "Jesus is God" is not as simple as you think. The way the Christians believe that Jesus is God is BEYOND the way the Bible takes Moses as God. We all agree that Moses is a false God. But the Christians do not agree that Jesus is false God like Moses. They believe him to be true God.
That's another problem you're having! You're a Muslim but many Islamic groups claiming Muslims believe in exterminating none believers to appease Allah,i'm sure you won't support that. So would you rightly call the Al Qaeda, Al Shabab,Isis,Boko haram,Taliban and many other killer groups as true Muslims? Yet this group do read ALOUD excerpts from the Quran (probably out of context) as scriptural backings for killing innocent people! I'm telling you now that "Jesus is not the Almighty or True God" the text in John 1:1 is the same as Exodus 7:1 Yet you're referring to the MISCONCEPTION of MISINFORMED churchgoers who took NO time in a thorough study of the scriptures! I've told you that if you have a house in Lagos today,you can say "i built it all alone without the help from anybody" it could either mean that you ALONE served as the bricklayer,carpenter,architect,plumber,electrician,painter,welder,decorator and so on or it could also mean that all these craftsmen you "singlehandedly" HIRED and paid them off for their services! Genesis 1:28 and Proverbs 8:22-31 clearly shows that the Almighty God used a craftsman during creation. So it's you that's getting yourself confused,reading through a book inspired by a God who claims to be "the God of Israel" while assessing such a book with the mentality of an Arabian! wink wink wink
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2018
Look at this man! Many of your folks claiming Muslims came looking for those they called "kafiri" for extermination, he also claiming to be a Muslim deceived them that they're not in his place,they bullied him and later left and yet during during your Jumath all of you will gather both the killers and the peacemaker together for Salath! undecided undecided undecided So if you're thinking of CORRECTION i'll suggest you work hard on the rafter in your eye before stretching out your hand to say "brother, permit me to help you remove the straw in your eye" wink wink wink As for Christianity, if you want to know the truth it is not that cheap to get. It is lies that's full everywhere just as you too will say regarding Islam if confronted with series of barbaric acts committed by many claiming Muslims. So try to know which of all these numerous religious groups is teaching what CHRISTIANITY stand for,that's what i did not just mixing all your folks both killer Muslims and peaceful Muslims together to justify my religion!

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by budaatum: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
You believe that God almighty can have another God? Honestly no amount of logical and biblical evidence can convince you. It is only God that can do the work. Don't you see the contradiction; God almighty can have another God. It is like you are saying there is a certain number that is greater than infinity. If a number can greater than iinfinty, then infinity is no longer an infinity. Similarly, if God almighty can have another God, then it is no longer Almighty God. This is an issue of common sense
One of the amazing feats of Jesus Christ was in healing people of blindness. It was so amazing that some equated him to the same level as God. But blindness is not completely cured unless one becomes born again, which is as difficult as a camel entering through a needle's eye.

There is nothing common about sense. So never ever again insult it by claiming it is 'common' please! One has to work really hard to overcome non-sense, which is a condition caused by being in darkness and hence blind to sense.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr enilove, honestly,you are yet to get my point of argument. I did not dispute the fact that Jesus is God according to some certain biblical verses.My point is that If Jesus is truly God, then this fact should be maintained throughout. All these verses such as me human being or any thing He likes. Just like God cannot Kill Himself; In the same manner, God cannot change Himself. He is ETERNAL

The truth is that you don't have to believe in Jesus as God for you to be saved , but must believe he died on the cross for your sins and be born again , that is what will save you or anyone.

Paul did not believed Jesus was the Christ until he had an encounter with Jesus . No one told him b4 he knew who Jesus was. Peter and other apostles knew Jesus was a Messiah and the Son of God. Even if you don't believe he is God , believe his sacrifice and be saved.

Between these TWO PROPTHETS CHOOSE ONE :

JESUS CHRIST who did these things :

Allah SWT says:

وَرَسُولًا إِلٰى بَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ أَنِّى قَدْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِئَايَةٍ مِّنْ رَّبِّكُمْ ۖ أَنِّىٓ أَخْلُقُ لَكُمْ مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنْفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًۢا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُبْرِئُ الْأَكْمَهَ وَالْأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْىِ الْمَوْتٰى بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِى بُيُوتِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِى ذٰلِكَ لَءَايَةً لَّكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُّؤْمِنِينَ
"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan: Verse 49)

OR MUHAMMAD WHO DID THESE :

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 510:
Sahib Bukhari :
Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle reached Khaibar at night and it was his habit that, whenever he reached the enemy at night, he will not attack them till it was morning. When it was morning, the Jews came out with their spades and baskets, and when they saw him(i.e. the Prophet ), they said, "Muhammad! By Allah! Muhammad and his army!" The Prophet said, "Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned."

Narrated Anas bin Malik: We reached Khaibar early in the morning and the inhabitants of Khaibar came out carrying their spades, and when they saw the Prophet they said, "Muhammad! By Allah! Muhammad and his army!" The Prophet said, "Allahu-Akbar! Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned." We then got the meat of donkeys (and intended to eat it), but an announcement was made by the announcer of the Prophet, "Allah and His Apostle forbid you to eat the meat of donkeys as it is an impure thing."

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 449:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet said to Hassan, "Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e, supports you)." (Through another group of sub narrators) Al-Bara bin Azib said, "On the day of Quraiza's (besiege), Allah's Apostle said to Hassan bin Thabit, 'Abuse them (with your poems), and Gabriel is with you (i.e. supports you).' "

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 675:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father who said:

"Umar bin Al-Khattab addressed the Corner (Black Stone) saying, 'By Allah! I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit nor harm. Had I not seen the Prophet touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.' Then he kissed it and said, 'There is no reason for us to do Ramal (in Tawaf) except that we wanted to show off before the pagans, and now Allah has destroyed them.' 'Umar added, '(Nevertheless), the Prophet did that and we do not want to leave it (i.e. Ramal).'
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Mr TATIME, Pls get me clear; both of you (Trinitarian Christians and JWs) accuse each other for the wrong believe you have in Jesus and you fail to realize that Bible itself is the main cause of your disputes. If Jesus is not God, why did the Bible call him Mighty God in Isaiah 9:6. If the title "Mighty God" is reserved only for Jesus and not for God the Jehovah, then why did the Bible used the same title "Mighty God" for God the Jehovah in Isaiah 10:21? Have you now seen that the main cause of the Problem is the Bible. I did not believe that Jesus is God but I am only giving you an instance of how the Bible cause the whole problem. Pls read the following

Jesus was praying to the Father and he said;
"And this is eternal life, that they may know You,
the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you
have sent (John 17:3)" .
If Jesus himself was referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the "ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ? If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then hopefully the Christians might still want to argue that Jesus is also God just like his Father.However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will continue to shatter the hope of those who want
to believe that Jesus is God. The phrase "THE
ONLY TRUE GOD" used by Jesus in reference to
the Father implies that apart from "THE FATHER",
all other Gods or gods are FALSE. This verse is
the strongest evidence put forward by Jehovah
witnesses to prove that Jesus is not God

2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to
have said “I am ascending to my Father and your
Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is
God Almighty, then which God was he referring to
when he said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God
Almighty have another God? Impossible! But If
Jesus is just another true God different from God
Almighty, then this will imply the existence of two
seperate Gods. Yet there is only one God
according to the Bible(Deuteronomy 6:4).

Jehovah witnesses also believe that God created
everything THROUGH Jesus Christ . They believe
that God did not create anything EXCEPT Jesus.
That is to say: God created Jesus, then it was
Jesus that created all other things including the
heavens and the earth. So according to their
claim, Jesus is the immediate Creator of all
things. That God created everything through (or
by )Jesus Christ is no where to be found in the
Gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke. It is only
found in the books written by Paul and John;
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from
whom all things came and for whom we live; and
there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH
WHOM ALL THINGS CAME and through whom we
live.( 1st Corinthians 8:6).
For in him all things were created: things in
heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether
thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL
THINGS HAVE BEEN CREATED THROUGH him and
for him ( Colossians 1:16).
THROUGH him ALL THINGS WERE MADE ;
without him nothing was made that has been
made (John 1:3)
But is it really true that God assigned the creation
of things, including the heavens and earth, to
Jesus christ ? Let see what God Almighty say
about this matter ;
"This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer and
the one who formed you in the womb: 'I am the
LORD, who has made everything, who ALONE
stretched out the heavens, who spread out the
earth BY MYSELF (WHO WAS WITH ME ?) (Isaiah
44:24 KJV, NWT)
"MY OWN HAND laid the foundations of the earth,
and MY RIGHT HAND spread out the heavens;
when I summon them, they all stand up together.
(Isaiah 48:13)".
It is I who made the earth and created mankind
on it. MY OWN HANDS stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts (Isaiah 45:12)
"For My HAND made all these things, Thus all
these things came into being," declares the LORD
( Isaiah 66:2)
As you can see from above, Paul and John
proclaimed that God delegated the creation of all
things to Jesus Christ. But God Almighty declare
that He created all things ALL ALONE, BY
HIMSELF, BY HIS OWN HANDS AND NOBODY
WAS WITH HIM. What better words do we want
God to use before we can believe that He created
the heavens and the earth without the assistance
of anybody ? If a man hires a contractor as his
agent to build a house, could the man say that he
built the house “ALL ALONE” and "BY HIS OWN
HANDS" without lying? So could God Almighty
have lied about creating the heavens and the
earth by His own hands while He actually used
another distinct person as His agent to actually
do the creation for Him?
Besides, who want to know or care that one true
God exist if not for His act of creation? The only
reason why we label all the idols as " false gods"
is because they did not create anything and that
is the reason they do not deserve our worship.
Therefore, it is quite true that all the worship and
glorification we give to God originate from the
fact of being the Creator of all things . In other
words, the STRONGEST REASON why God deserve
our worship, praises and glory is because He was
the one that created us and all other things that
exist (See Psalm 95:6, 96:4-5, 139:14, Revelation
4:11, 14:7). Does it now make sense to believe
that God assigned the creation of all things to
another person given that it is through that very
act of creation He deserve our worship and
through it we acknowledge His existence ? Hence,
if Jehovah witnesses and other Christians rely
heavily on the words of Paul and John or any
other person and therefore insist that God
assigned the creation of all things to Jesus
Christ, then Jesus deserve their worship because
the reasonable response of the creature is to
worship their Creator. Yet, only God deserve to be
worship. This is exactly the reason why God
would never delegate the creation of things to any
other person other than Himself as He clearly
stated above: "BY MYSELF( Isaiah 44:24)". In
fact, the question at the end of Isaiah 44:24
quoted above - "WHO WAS WITH ME ?" present
in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible
of Jehovah's witnesses) is an indisputable
evidence that God did not employ the service of
anybody during the creation of the heavens and
the earth !
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sorry Jesus did not die for my sins base on the following facts:
All the Christian denominations including the Jehovah witnesses believe that Jesus suffer and died for our sins on the cross ( or on the stake). But what is the actual meaning of the statement: "Jesus suffer and died for our sins" ? The meaning of this statement can only be understood in two ways. It is either Jesus suffer and died on the cross so that we can have access to divine forgiveness for our sins- OR-Jesus suffer and died on the cross to remove our sinful nature so that we can have immunity against committing sins. However, complete removal of humanity sinful nature is impossible as nobody can be completely free from committing minor sins. Bible also attests to this fact;
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us( 1John 1:8-10).
Therefore, the statement: "Jesus suffer and died for our sins" can only have a conceivable meaning if Jesus suffer and died on the cross so that we can have access to divine forgiveness for our sins.
But why MUST Jesus suffer and die on the cross before God can forgive our sins? If it is an act of injustice for God to FREELY forgive our sins, then is it not a GREATER ACT OF INJUSTICE for God to condemn an innocent and righteous soul for the sins he did not commit ?
Besides, Bible make it clear that any one that is crucified is accursed by God ( Galatians 3:13). How then are we to conceive a merciful and omnipotent God putting His BELOVED prophet under His CURSE when God of course knew that Jesus never did anything wrong?
If God is All-powerful and All-knowing Creator which ( therefore) cannot be compelled to follow one particular way, then He must have chosen at least one rational way to forgive our sins and earn our salvation . God Almighty must have set aside any irrational way that will later require Him to curse and condemn His innocent and beloved prophet for something that can be achieved through another means. Yes, one of the rational means which God has chosen to forgive our sins and earn our salvation is SINCERE REPENTANCE from our sinful acts : “Son of man, say to the Israelites; this is what you are saying: our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live? Say to them: as surely as I live declares the sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! TURN FROM YOUR EVIL WAYS! Why will you die, people of Israel? Therefore, son of man say to your people… if someone, one who is wicked, REPENTS, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation… And if I say to the wicked person, you will surely die, but they then TURN FROM THEIR SINS and do what is just and right…follow the decree that gives life, and do no evil--THAT PERSON WILL SURELY LIVE :THEY WILL NOT DIE. NONE OF THE SINS that person has committed will be remembered against them.They have done what is just and right; they will surely live (Ezekiel 33:10-16)" . Did God ask the wicked sinners to believe in Jesus crucifixion before their sins can be forgiven (or before they can live) in all these verses? What He actually wants from them is sincere repentance from their sinful ways. Qur'an also pass the same message: O you who believe! Turn to Allah with SINCERE REPENTANCE! It may be that your Lord will REMIT FROM YOU YOUR SINS, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Qur'an 66:7-9)
Another rational way that God has chosen in the past for the people to achieve divine forgiveness of sins is through animal sacrifice. Leviticus 16:21-30 says as follow: "the GOAT will carry on itself ALL THE SINS of Israelites to a remote place and the man shall release the goat in the wilderness..... Then before the LORD, you will be CLEAN FROM ALL YOUR SINS”. Please is there any indication in these verses that the sins of Israelites were only "cover" and not completely taken away? God says; “Then before the LORD, you will be CLEAN FROM ALL YOUR SINS”. Yet the New Testament proclaimed that it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sin (Hebrew 10:4). This is another great lie that was fabricated to justify the doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion.
If God can truly atone for our sins through animal sacrifice as the verses in the book of Leviticus quoted above affirm, then is there any need again for God to shed the blood of innocent human being on the cross ?
Therefore, if divine forgiveness for our sins is what we really need to gain eternal life, then the death of Jesus on the cross IS NOT NECCESSARY; God can decide to forgive our sins through sincere repentance or through animal sacrifice as He has done with the people that lived and died before Jesus arrival. These two ways are far more better than that irrational way which will later require God Almighty to condemn and curse His innocent and beloved prophet for something that can be acheived through another rational means.
Some Christians might want to argue that Jesus crucifixion make them entitle to many spiritual benefits that GO BEYOND achieving divine forgiveness for our sins. But no matter how numerous the spiritual benefits that can be derived from Jesus crucifixion, there is no way for such benefits to be ACTUALIZED in the life of the Old Testament believers (like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah etc) because they have lived and died before Jesus arrival talkless of his supposed crucifixion. Yet these people manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God (because there is no any biblical verse that says these Old Testament believers were in a certain state of condemnation after their death until the time of Jesus crucifixion). So if these old testament believers, who happened to be among the children of Adam, were able to gain their salvation without Jesus crucifixion, then there is alternative way also for the other children of Adam to gain their salvation without Jesus crucifixion. Therefore, the Christian doctrine which says that: "All powerful and All merciful God must condemn and curse His innocent and beloved son on the cross before the children of Adam can earn their salvation" is far from the truth.
God may allow His innocent and beloved prophet to suffer (i:e TO BE PHYSICALLY CONDEMNED) for one reason or the other. But God would never "curse" ( i:e SPIRITUALLY CONDEMN) His innocent and beloved prophet for any reason whatsover. Therefore, there is need for God to send another prophet to remove this negative and bad picture of God from the minds of the general humanity. This is one of the many reasons why Qur’an was revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). In the Holy Qur’an, God removed this negative and bad impression from the minds of the people by declaring that, in a miraculous way, Jesus escaped death on the cross (Qur’an 4:157-158). In this way, the "curse of God" associated with any one that is crucified and died on a cross according to the Jewish law (Galatians 3:13, Deuteronomy 21:23) was removed from the head of our beloved and innocent prophet called Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). This is exactly in line with the prayer of Jesus to God in the garden of Gethsemane when he asked for this “cup of condemnation” to be taken away from him in THREE consecutive times as stated clearly in Matthew 26:36-44.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
I cannot choose Jesus because of the fflwing fact
THE TRUE MISSION OF JESUS CHRIST(peace be upon him)
Let us consider the passage written below;
Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A CANAANITE woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” Jesus DID NOT ANSWER her a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “IT IS NOT RIGHT TO TAKE THE CHILDREN'S BREAD AND TOSS IT TO THE DOGS. “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.(Matthew 15:21-28)

If Jesus (pbuh) was actually the last prophet of God sent to the entire world to die for our sins, then why did he have to say: I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (Matthew 15:24)? Why did he have to tell the woman that IT IS NOT RIGHT TO TAKE WHAT IS MEANT ONLY FOR THE JEWS (THE CHILDREN'S BREAD) AND GIVE IT TO THE GENTILES (THE DOGS)? Furthermore, when Jesus (pbuh) was sending out his apostles for evangelical mission, he also warned them categorically to avoid preaching to the Gentiles i:e the Non-Israelites:THESE TWELVE JESUS SENT OUT WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS; “DO NOT GO AMONG THE GENTILES OR ENTER ANY TOWN OF THE SAMARITANS. GO RATHER TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (Matthew 10:5-6). This further corroborates the fact that Jesus was sent ONLY to the Israelites.
However, many of the Christians believe that this command of "NOT PREACHING TO THE GENTILES" was later cancelled and replaced by the new command of preaching to all the nations just BEFORE Jesus ascended to heaven:
1. Matthew 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".
2. Mark 16.15; “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
3. Acts 1.8 ; "and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
4. Luke 24.47; “that repentance for forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”
Therefore, it seems from these four verses that the apostles of Jesus were NOW FREE TO VISIT THE GENTILES AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD.
But was it REALLY TRUE that the original apostles of Jesus were NOW FREE TO VISIT THE GENTILES AND PREACH THE GOSPELS TO ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD ? Let see what happened between Peter and one influential man called Cornelius. This very incident, which occurred many years AFTER Jesus' departure, goes thus:
"At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!” Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.” When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa. About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” The voice spoke to him a second time, “do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven. While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the VISION, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate. They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there. While Peter was still thinking about the VISION, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.” Peter went down and said to the men, “I’m the one you’re looking for. Why have you come?” The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests. The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along.The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.” While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them ; "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE. BUT GOD HAS SHOWN ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANYONE IMPURE OR UNCLEAN. So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me? (Acts 10:1-29 NIV)"
Remember: it seems from those four verses cited above that the apostles of Jesus were NOW FREE TO VISIT THE GENTILES AND PREACH THE GOSPELS TO ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD. If this is true, then why did Peter have to say : "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE" ? Was Peter NOT aware that they were now FREE to visit the gentiles and preach the gospel to all the nations of the world?
Some of the Christians argued that the reason why Peter said: "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE" is because he has forgotten the Jesus'new command of preaching to all the nations of the world. But if this is true, then why did remaining Jewish believers in Christ criticize Peter on the SAME ISSUE OF VISITING AND ASSOCIATING WITH GENTILES on his return to Jerusalem as the following passage revealed ? Have they also forgotten the Jesus'new command of preaching to all the nations of the world? Read the passage below
Acts 11 New Living Translation (NLT)
"Soon the news reached the apostles and other believers in Judea that the Gentiles had received the word of God. But when Peter arrived back in Jerusalem, THE JEWISH BELIEVERS CRITICIZED HIM. “YOU ENTERED THE HOME OF THE GENTILES AND EVEN ATE WITH THEM!” they said (Acts 11:1-3 NLT).
If the other Jewish believers in Christ did not criticize Peter on his arrival to Jerusalem ON THE SAME ISSUE OF VISITING AND ASSOCIATING WITH GENTILES as shown above, then we may think that it was Peter that was saying nonsense when he said "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE. (Acts 10:28).
The second part of the Peter's statement "BUT GOD HAS SHOWN ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANYONE IMPURE OR UNCLEAN (Acts 10:28) is only referring to the "VISION" he experienced just before the arrival of the men sent by Cornelius . The statement has NOTHING to do with the so-called Jesus' new command of preaching to all the nations of the world .
Again see the reaction of these Jewish believers in Christ when Peter finished the narration of his Vision; "When they heard this, they had NO FURTHER OBJECTIONS and praised God, saying, "SO THEN, EVEN THE GENTILES, God has granted repentance that leads to life.(Acts 11:18 NIV). Please see the astonishment of these Jewish believers in Christ ; "SO THEN, EVEN THE GENTILES" .
If they have already aware about the Jesus'new command of Preaching to all the Gentile nations in Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47, and Acts 1:8, then WHY ALL THIS ASTONISHMENT?
Again, some Christians want to argue that the reason why Peter said:"YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE(Acts 10:28)" is because Peter and other apostles find it difficult to discard the Jewish custom of not associating and visiting the Gentiles. However,the fact that Peter responded positively to that VISION and departed with those gentiles on the following day is an evidence that he never find it difficult to discard this Jewish custom. Again, it is not possible for the apostles and disciples of Jesus to give PREFERENCE for mere Jewish custom OVER a great and important command from their Master.
What actually preventing them was the command of "NOT PREACHING TO THE GENTILES" in Matthew 10:5-6 and the fact that Jesus told them CATEGORICALLY that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel( Matthew15:24).
Do you think Peter would follow those gentiles to meet Cornelius if not because of the Spirit that commanded him not to hesitate to go with them; "While Peter was still thinking about the VISION, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them(Acts 10:19-20)”.
From all these facts, it can be deduced that even if there is a record that Peter and other apostles preach to another Gentile apart from Cornelius and his households, then what "PERMIT" them to do this was the VISION that Peter experienced. It is DEFINITELY NOT the new command of preaching to all the nations of the world attributed FALSELY to Jesus in Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47 and Acts 1:8. Otherwise, the story of events between Peter and Cornelius (Acts 10:1-28) and also between Peter and other Jewish believers in Christ (Acts 11:1-18) are NOT TRUE.
God Almighty allowed the story of events between "Peter and Cornelius" and also between "Peter and the remaining Jewish believers" to be kept till today so that the evidence of the FORGERY behind Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47 and Acts 1:8 can be clearly seen by every diligent reader of the Bible.
Infact, the evidence for this FORGERY can also be inferred from Jesus' original statement; "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24)" using the following illustration;
Suppose you are being asked to distribute a packet of sweet to some children in your vicinity WITH AN INSTRUCTION TO START WITH THE MALE CHILDREN BEFORE THE FEMALE. Now one of the female children approaches you for the collection of her own sweet. Please before God and man would you say; " I WAS ONLY ASKED TO GIVE THE MALE" ? Of course, you would not utter such kind of statement. You would definitely say "IT IS NOT YET TIME FOR THE FEMALE" or "WAIT FOR YOU TURN".
Similarly, if it was already in the divine plan that JESUS AND HIS APOSTLES WOULD PREACH TO THE JEWS FIRST AND THEN TO ALL THE GENTILES, then Jesus' statement directed to that Canaanite woman in Matthew 15:24 should have been: IT IS NOT YET TIME FOR THE GENTILES or something similar in meaning rather than “I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL”. Why did Jesus have to say such a statement if he was truly sent to the entire world to die for our sins ?
There is NO ANY VERSE in the Qur'an which says Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or his companions were sent ONLY to the Arabs. But see how the Bible categorically declared that Jesus (pbuh) was sent ONLY to the Israelites; I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL ( Matthew 15:24) and see how Qur’an declared that Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to ALL MANKIND; " AND WE HAVE NOT SENT YOU (O Muhammad-pbuh) EXCEPT AS A GIVER OF GLAD TIDINGS AND AS A WARNER TO ALL MANKIND (Qur’an 34:28)". If God Almighty bring these two verses ( Matthew 15:24 and Qur'an 34:28) infront of you on the day of Judgement, do you have any excuse to tender before Him? I have already conveyed the message to all sincere seekers of truth. It is now left for you to decide.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by plainbibletruth: 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1-14
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
I cannot choose Jesus because of the fflwing fact
THE TRUE MISSION OF JESUS CHRIST(peace be upon him)
Let us consider the passage written below;
Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A CANAANITE woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” Jesus DID NOT ANSWER her a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “IT IS NOT RIGHT TO TAKE THE CHILDREN'S BREAD AND TOSS IT TO THE DOGS. “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.(Matthew 15:21-28)

If Jesus (pbuh) was actually the last prophet of God sent to the entire world to die for our sins, then why did he have to say: I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (Matthew 15:24)? Why did he have to tell the woman that IT IS NOT RIGHT TO TAKE WHAT IS MEANT ONLY FOR THE JEWS (THE CHILDREN'S BREAD) AND GIVE IT TO THE GENTILES (THE DOGS)? Furthermore, when Jesus (pbuh) was sending out his apostles for evangelical mission, he also warned them categorically to avoid preaching to the Gentiles i:e the Non-Israelites:THESE TWELVE JESUS SENT OUT WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS; “DO NOT GO AMONG THE GENTILES OR ENTER ANY TOWN OF THE SAMARITANS. GO RATHER TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (Matthew 10:5-6). This further corroborates the fact that Jesus was sent ONLY to the Israelites.
However, many of the Christians believe that this command of "NOT PREACHING TO THE GENTILES" was later cancelled and replaced by the new command of preaching to all the nations just BEFORE Jesus ascended to heaven:
1. Matthew 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".
2. Mark 16.15; “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
3. Acts 1.8 ; "and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
4. Luke 24.47; “that repentance for forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”
Therefore, it seems from these four verses that the apostles of Jesus were NOW FREE TO VISIT THE GENTILES AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD.
But was it REALLY TRUE that the original apostles of Jesus were NOW FREE TO VISIT THE GENTILES AND PREACH THE GOSPELS TO ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD ? Let see what happened between Peter and one influential man called Cornelius. This very incident, which occurred many years AFTER Jesus' departure, goes thus:
"At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!” Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.” When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa. About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” The voice spoke to him a second time, “do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven. While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the VISION, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate. They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there. While Peter was still thinking about the VISION, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.” Peter went down and said to the men, “I’m the one you’re looking for. Why have you come?” The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests. The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along.The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.” While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them ; "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE. BUT GOD HAS SHOWN ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANYONE IMPURE OR UNCLEAN. So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me? (Acts 10:1-29 NIV)"
Remember: it seems from those four verses cited above that the apostles of Jesus were NOW FREE TO VISIT THE GENTILES AND PREACH THE GOSPELS TO ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD. If this is true, then why did Peter have to say : "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE" ? Was Peter NOT aware that they were now FREE to visit the gentiles and preach the gospel to all the nations of the world?
Some of the Christians argued that the reason why Peter said: "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE" is because he has forgotten the Jesus'new command of preaching to all the nations of the world. But if this is true, then why did remaining Jewish believers in Christ criticize Peter on the SAME ISSUE OF VISITING AND ASSOCIATING WITH GENTILES on his return to Jerusalem as the following passage revealed ? Have they also forgotten the Jesus'new command of preaching to all the nations of the world? Read the passage below
Acts 11 New Living Translation (NLT)
"Soon the news reached the apostles and other believers in Judea that the Gentiles had received the word of God. But when Peter arrived back in Jerusalem, THE JEWISH BELIEVERS CRITICIZED HIM. “YOU ENTERED THE HOME OF THE GENTILES AND EVEN ATE WITH THEM!” they said (Acts 11:1-3 NLT).
If the other Jewish believers in Christ did not criticize Peter on his arrival to Jerusalem ON THE SAME ISSUE OF VISITING AND ASSOCIATING WITH GENTILES as shown above, then we may think that it was Peter that was saying nonsense when he said "YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE. (Acts 10:28).
The second part of the Peter's statement "BUT GOD HAS SHOWN ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANYONE IMPURE OR UNCLEAN (Acts 10:28) is only referring to the "VISION" he experienced just before the arrival of the men sent by Cornelius . The statement has NOTHING to do with the so-called Jesus' new command of preaching to all the nations of the world .
Again see the reaction of these Jewish believers in Christ when Peter finished the narration of his Vision; "When they heard this, they had NO FURTHER OBJECTIONS and praised God, saying, "SO THEN, EVEN THE GENTILES, God has granted repentance that leads to life.(Acts 11:18 NIV). Please see the astonishment of these Jewish believers in Christ ; "SO THEN, EVEN THE GENTILES" .
If they have already aware about the Jesus'new command of Preaching to all the Gentile nations in Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47, and Acts 1:8, then WHY ALL THIS ASTONISHMENT?
Again, some Christians want to argue that the reason why Peter said:"YOU ARE WELL AWARE THAT IT IS AGAINST OUR LAW FOR A JEW TO ASSOCIATE WITH OR VISIT A GENTILE(Acts 10:28)" is because Peter and other apostles find it difficult to discard the Jewish custom of not associating and visiting the Gentiles. However,the fact that Peter responded positively to that VISION and departed with those gentiles on the following day is an evidence that he never find it difficult to discard this Jewish custom. Again, it is not possible for the apostles and disciples of Jesus to give PREFERENCE for mere Jewish custom OVER a great and important command from their Master.
What actually preventing them was the command of "NOT PREACHING TO THE GENTILES" in Matthew 10:5-6 and the fact that Jesus told them CATEGORICALLY that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel( Matthew15:24).
Do you think Peter would follow those gentiles to meet Cornelius if not because of the Spirit that commanded him not to hesitate to go with them; "While Peter was still thinking about the VISION, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them(Acts 10:19-20)”.
From all these facts, it can be deduced that even if there is a record that Peter and other apostles preach to another Gentile apart from Cornelius and his households, then what "PERMIT" them to do this was the VISION that Peter experienced. It is DEFINITELY NOT the new command of preaching to all the nations of the world attributed FALSELY to Jesus in Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47 and Acts 1:8. Otherwise, the story of events between Peter and Cornelius (Acts 10:1-28) and also between Peter and other Jewish believers in Christ (Acts 11:1-18) are NOT TRUE.
God Almighty allowed the story of events between "Peter and Cornelius" and also between "Peter and the remaining Jewish believers" to be kept till today so that the evidence of the FORGERY behind Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47 and Acts 1:8 can be clearly seen by every diligent reader of the Bible.
Infact, the evidence for this FORGERY can also be inferred from Jesus' original statement; "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24)" using the following illustration;
Suppose you are being asked to distribute a packet of sweet to some children in your vicinity WITH AN INSTRUCTION TO START WITH THE MALE CHILDREN BEFORE THE FEMALE. Now one of the female children approaches you for the collection of her own sweet. Please before God and man would you say; " I WAS ONLY ASKED TO GIVE THE MALE" ? Of course, you would not utter such kind of statement. You would definitely say "IT IS NOT YET TIME FOR THE FEMALE" or "WAIT FOR YOU TURN".
Similarly, if it was already in the divine plan that JESUS AND HIS APOSTLES WOULD PREACH TO THE JEWS FIRST AND THEN TO ALL THE GENTILES, then Jesus' statement directed to that Canaanite woman in Matthew 15:24 should have been: IT IS NOT YET TIME FOR THE GENTILES or something similar in meaning rather than “I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL”. Why did Jesus have to say such a statement if he was truly sent to the entire world to die for our sins ?
There is NO ANY VERSE in the Qur'an which says Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or his companions were sent ONLY to the Arabs. But see how the Bible categorically declared that Jesus (pbuh) was sent ONLY to the Israelites; I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL ( Matthew 15:24) and see how Qur’an declared that Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to ALL MANKIND; " AND WE HAVE NOT SENT YOU (O Muhammad-pbuh) EXCEPT AS A GIVER OF GLAD TIDINGS AND AS A WARNER TO ALL MANKIND (Qur’an 34:28)". If God Almighty bring these two verses ( Matthew 15:24 and Qur'an 34:28) infront of you on the day of Judgement, do you have any excuse to tender before Him? I have already conveyed the message to all sincere seekers of truth. It is now left for you to decide.

The TRUTH is that you've not known what Christianity means so you cannot choose wisely! The Arabian "Muhammad" encountered misinformed and credulous religious groups claiming Christians during his lifetime that's why he kept meditating in isolation until he started hearing the voices of DEMONS! There were many like him who had the same experience, they heard the voice of demons saying either "i'm angel Gabriel" or "i'm angel Raphael" or "i'm angel Uriel" or "i'm angel Michael". While Michael and Gabriel are the ONLY two names of angels mentioned in the Bible, Raphael and Uriel are names found in Magical books. So if you're thinking you know anything about the true God by following Muhammad, know today that Muhammad was MISINFORMED by the false Christians of his time and the DEMONS! He knew practically NOTHING about the true God,because after the Bible book of Revelations was completed any other inspired expressions is coming from DEMONS. God's word says NO ADDITION and NO SUBTRACTIO! Revelations 22:18,19. God bless you!
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by xpmode(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
Abdulgaffar22
There is no new discussion on this thread other than recycled talk.
Yourself knew that without Jesus you have no paradise
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
Instead of reading and applying what you read from the Bible,you need to FIRST of all IDENTIFY true Christians who will EXPLAIN to you what Jesus meant word by word! If you're thinking you understood Jesus' statements please explain what He meant as recorded in the Bible book of John 3:16-18 or 6:55,56 or 15:1. Don't say "those ones were written by this or that" because you can't be quoting one place that seems OK to you while neglecting the remaining. My uncle is a tribalist, he do consults the oracles through some sands he kept in his bags which he carries everywhere he goes. He quoted a seemingly PERFECT scripture to back his practices in the Bible! Where? How? You'll say, he quoted the scene where a mob was leading an adulterous woman outside the city gate to be stone to death,there these self righteous mob sighted Jesus so they dragged the lady to Him to know what Jesus will say, the scriptures say "Jesus was writing something on the ground with his finger" Haha! My uncle concluded that Jesus was actually consulting the oracles which he himself is doing now. undecided So if you think there are some quotations found in the Bible that seems OK for your religion, know today that there are thousands of scriptures against your religion in the same Bible, therefore you need to get a balance view. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
According to the Bible, Moses said in Deuteronomy 4:6 Hear oh Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one
The same message is repeated by Jesus according to the Bible in Mark 12: 28 Hear oh Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one.
So where did Trinity came from? Certainly not from Moaes or Jesus. None of them preached trinity..

Also according to Mathew 19:16 some one ask Jesus thus : Good master what should I do to get eternal life, Jesus replied that he (Jesus 》 should not be called Good that only God deserves to be called Good. And that if he wanrs to get eternal life he ahould follow the commandments. He didnt tell him to take him (Jesus) as his personal Lord and Saviour as many Christians now claim.
He simply ask him to follow the commandments if he wants to enter paradise.

I challenge any Christian to come and refute these clear biblical references.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 3:22am On Aug 06, 2018
Binb:
According to the Bible, Moses said in Deuteronomy 4:6 Hear oh Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one
The same message is repeated by Jesus according to the Bible in Mark 12: 28 Hear oh Israel the Lord our God the Lord is one.
So where did Trinity came from? Certainly not from Moaes or Jesus. None of them preached trinity..

Also according to Mathew 19:16 some one ask Jesus thus : Good master what should I do to get eternal life, Jesus replied that he (Jesus 》 should not be called Good that only God deserves to be called Good. And that if he wanrs to get eternal life he ahould follow the commandments. He didnt tell him to take him (Jesus) as his personal Lord and Saviour as many Christians now claim.

It is like you only read part of that scriptures. Actually , Jesus told the man that the he should take him as his personal Lord and saviour , contrary to what you quoted :

Matthew 19:16-21 KJV
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is , God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, [19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [20] The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? [21] Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and COME AND FOLLOW ME :

The Bible is not about trinity , it is still one God.

If you follow Jesus , you follow his God and you cannot follow his God without having Jesus Christ as your lord and personal saviour , that is the truth.Whether you believe he is your God or not is not relevant , you will know who he is b4 you die or after you die after following him.

IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH , GO AND OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD , SO THAT YOU DON'T DERAIL THIS ONE.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 06, 2018
Binb:

Jesus is not the Almighty God! As many churchgoers have been taught but God in a sense tha He(Jesus) was made a God by HIS God and Father. Exodus 7:1 used the same thing for Moses. Would anyone have agreed that Moses is God if not found in that verse of the Bible? Certainly the same person that made Moses God made Jesus God. The problem with those reading the Bible is hasty conclusion, instead of asking and going for a thorough research on what the texts means,each biblical reader or scholar is applying his former religious beliefs to what he reads from the Bible! If you're a Muslim your understanding of the Bible texts would be shapened by your Islamic background! But then you'll find most texts that's not in agreement with your former belief so you'll adhere to some and condemn all the others as not authentic. The same thing is what is happening to so many religions claiming Christian today! Most of them come from different backgrounds and that is what shapened their understanding of the texts. Therefore you need to IDENTIFY the TRUE Christians, listen to the applications of the texts,ask thought provoking questions regarding where you finds contradicting, meditate on how practical the applications and compare to all other religious beliefs whether they're claiming Christians, Muslims, Indus, Buddhists, Aborigines, Atheists and any other faculty thereof. I stand for true Christianity any day and i accept your challenge anytime, provided you won't start diverting the discussion to the applications of the various MISINFORMED religious groups you THOUGHT are Christians!
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 06, 2018
#Bind: If the WISDOM found in your religion is not enough to beat ALL other faculties then it's not the TRUTH! You can't just pickup some texts from a written document and expect every right thinking person to adhere to it,remember we're intelligent creatures so before you can convincingly say your religion is from the true God, it must be strong enough to equip majority of the adherents to become HIGH intellectuals so at least 50% of believers should be able to speak CONVINCINGLY to anybody from any faculty. That is what true Christianity stands for and that is pure worship! Isaiah 54:17 compare with Malachi 3:16-18 and Matthew 28:19,20
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by orisa37: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2018
Let us say that The Faith in all Religion is Worship God in Hope, Peace, Love and in our Restructured ways. The Problem starts coming when you want to defect or unnecessarily wish to adopt other Religions' Styles to worship God.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 06, 2018
orisa37:
Let us say that The Faith in all Religion is Worship God in Hope, Peace, Love and in our Restructured ways. The Problem starts coming when you want to defect or unnecessarily wish to adopt other Religions' Styles to worship God.
You're wrong because every tribe on earth realise that there is an highly intelligent supernatural being called "Satan the Devil" this spirit being is regarded by most tribes on earth as the deity of deceit or mischief. ONLY the Israelites has a complete biography of how this spirit came to be a liar and resister. Genesis 3:1-5 compared to Revelations 12:7-9 In Yoruba lànd where i come from, ESU has he's called is a God of mischief and responsible for all the misconduct, misconceptions, lies,deceits and all other discrepancies happening amongst mankind,yet ESU is revered and worshiped as a God! That's why sincere and honesthearted intellectuals like Mahatma Gandhi after a careful study of the Bible and the principal character called (Jesus) could publicly say "if not for the attitude of "Christians" i supposed to have become a Christian by now" Certainly Gandhi understood the principles behind Christianity but he was discouraged by the conduct of the misinformed,credulous and greedy religious morons claiming Christians. So it's a matter of careful study to know whether the beliefs of ones ancestors is from the true God or another fabrication from Satan,demons and their human agents!
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by ollah2: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2018
Jobless and braonwashed youths discussing cavemen religions that are powerless in Nigeria. Carry foreign religions and gods for heads, no go find better things do with your lives
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2018
ollah2:
Jobless and braonwashed youths discussing cavemen religions that are powerless in Nigeria. Carry foreign religions and gods for heads, no go find better things do with your lives
Your much cherished LIFE will expire soon if not today that's why REASONABLE persons are much concerned about what will happen later. Every living soul(humans) knew they will die but the dead knows nothing and their memory is gone,they can't do anything again. So when you're running up and down katikati for what is not yours(as you'll die and everything will go to another living soul) why not think of what will become of your silly ass later? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by ollah2: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2018
TATIME:
Your much cherished LIFE will expire soon if not today that's why REASONABLE persons are much concerned about what will happen later. Every living soul(humans) knew they will die but the dead knows nothing and their memory is gone,they can't do anything again. So when you're running up and down katikati for what is not yours(as you'll die and everything will go to another living soul) why not think of what will become of your silly ass later? grin grin grin

Backward mentality
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 06, 2018
ollah2:

Backward mentality
Forward credulity. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 06, 2018
To follow Jesus means to obey his instructions and follow in his footsteps, not to take him as your personal Lord and Saviour.
Jesus never said that.

[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Procrastination: The Thief of Time - (A Personal Tribute to Bimbo Odukoya) / Whats Wrong With This Evolutionary Picture / Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.