Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity (2031 Views)

The Existence Of A God Does NOT Solve The Moral Dilemma / Marry In Your 20s To Avoid Nagging In Your 30s – Prophet Ritabbi To Ladies / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Any false representation of God is nothing but IDOLATRY. Therefore, it is of great importance that there should be no any iota of confusion or doubt regarding the identity of God . In other words, being the foundational doctrine, the answer to the question "Who is God?" should always remain the same in any faith that is truly endorsed and approved by God. However, this is not the case with Christianity. Bible is not consistent with the identity of God. If it says Jesus is God in one place, then it will say Jesus is not God in another place.
For example; John1:1 declare:" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Here we see that THE WORD =GOD
In John 1:14, it states "The Word became flesh, and made His dwelling among us." Here we see again that JESUS = THE WORD.
Simple logic declares that if A=B and B=C then A=C. Therefore, since JESUS = THE WORD and THE WORD = GOD, then JESUS = GOD . This is the commonest and the strongest biblical evidence used by Trinitarian Christians to prove that Jesus is God just like his Father.
Since we have seen how the book of John established that Jesus is God, let us now see how the remaining part of the Bible established again that Jesus is not God.
1. Jesus was praying to the Father and he said; "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the "ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ? If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then hopefully the Christians might still want to argue that Jesus is also God just like his Father. However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will continue to shatter the hope of those who want to believe that Jesus is God. The phrase "THE ONLY TRUE GOD" used by Jesus in reference to the Father implies that apart from "THE FATHER", all other Gods or gods are FALSE. This verse is the strongest evidence put forward by Jehovah witnesses to prove that Jesus is not God.
2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God Almighty, then which God was he referring to when he said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God Almighty have another God? Impossible! But If Jesus is just another true God different from God Almighty, then this will imply the existence of two seperate Gods. Yet there is only one God according to the Bible(Deuteronomy 6:4). Therefore, Jesus can never be God.
3. Also Luke 6:12 says "He (Jesus) went out to the mountain side to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God" . If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself ?
4. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God?
5. Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? No one is good, but one, that is God”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and then submit that all goodness belongs only to God?
6. Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. Remember Jesus did NOT say: "you believe in Father, believe also in me". He said : "you believe in God, believe also in me”. Therefore, if Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God?
7. Again, in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his lack of knowledge about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to the Father? Can God be lacking anything as regard to knowledge?
8. Finally in John 5:30, Jesus was reported to have said: " I can of my own self do nothing". If Jesus is God, is it possible for All- powerful and independent God to utter this kind of statement?
As you can see, there is no way we can reconcile John 1:1,14 (which teaches that Jesus is God ) with other verses of the Bible that established that Jesus is not God. Despite the fact that Trinitarian Christians and Jehovah witnesses are using the same Bible; yet they differ in their belief regarding the identity of God. The former believe that Jesus is God while the latter believe that Jesus is not God. Therefore, according to the Trinitarian Christians, Jehovah witnesses are unbelievers since they refuse to believe that Jesus is God. But in the eyes of Jehovah witnesses, Trinitarian Christians are polytheists due to their belief that Jesus is God. Have you now seen that the main cause of this nagging problem is the Bible itself because the two sects are able to support their claims using different verses from the same Bible. George Bernard Shaw has declared many years ago; "BIBLE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS BOOK ON EARTH, KEEP IT UNDER LOCK AND KEY". Bible make it possible for those who wholly believe in it to have different answers to the most important question; Who is God?
This is the reason why Jehovah witnesses were forced to modify the translation of John 1:1, the verse often used by Trinitarian Christians to prove that is Jesus is God. They change the translation of John 1:1 to " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god" . They alter the clause "and the word was God" in all other versions of the Bible to "and the word was a god" in their NWT Bible. Therefore, by refering to Jesus as a lesser "god" they managed to run away from the problem of calling Jesus God.
However, as they managed to run away from the problem of accepting Jesus as God , they were unable to run away from the problem of accepting him as "master worker of all creation" . In other words , like other Christian denominations, the Jehovah witnesses also believe that God created everything THROUGH Jesus Christ . They believe that God did not create anything EXCEPT Jesus. That is to say: God created Jesus, then it was Jesus that created all other things including the heavens and the earth. So according to their claim, Jesus is the immediate Creator of all things. That God created everything through (or by )Jesus Christ is no where to be found in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke. It is only found in the books written by Paul and John;
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM ALL THINGS CAME and through whom we live.( 1st Corinthians 8:6).
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN CREATED THROUGH him and for him ( Colossians 1:16).
THROUGH him ALL THINGS WERE MADE ; without him nothing was made that has been made (John 1:3)
But is it really true that God assigned the creation of things, including the heavens and earth, to Jesus christ ? Let see what God Almighty say about this matter ;
"This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer and the one who formed you in the womb: 'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth BY MYSELF (WHO WAS WITH ME ?) (Isaiah 44:24 KJV, NWT)
"MY OWN HAND laid the foundations of the earth, and MY RIGHT HAND spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together. (Isaiah 48:13)".
It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. MY OWN HANDS stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts (Isaiah 45:12)
"For My HAND made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD ( Isaiah 66:2)
As you can see from above, Paul and John proclaimed that God delegated the creation of all things to Jesus Christ. But God Almighty declare that He created all things ALL ALONE, BY HIMSELF, BY HIS OWN HANDS AND NOBODY WAS WITH HIM. What better words do we want God to use before we can believe that He created the heavens and the earth without the assistance of anybody ? If a man hires a contractor as his agent to build a house, could the man say that he built the house “ALL ALONE” and "BY HIS OWN HANDS" without lying? So could God Almighty have lied about creating the heavens and the earth by His own hands while He actually used another distinct person as His agent to actually do the creation for Him?
Besides, who want to know or care that one true God exist if not for His act of creation? The only reason why we label all the idols as " false gods" is because they did not create anything and that is the reason they do not deserve our worship. Therefore, it is quite true that all the worship and glorification we give to God originate from the fact of being the Creator of all things . In other words, the STRONGEST REASON why God deserve our worship, praises and glory is because He was the one that created us and all other things that exist (See Psalm 95:6, 96:4-5, 139:14, Revelation 4:11, 14:7). Does it now make sense to believe that God assigned the creation of all things to another person given that it is through that very act of creation He deserve our worship and through it we acknowledge His existence ? Hence, if Jehovah witnesses and other Christians rely heavily on the words of Paul and John or any other person and therefore insist that God assigned the creation of all things to Jesus Christ, then Jesus deserve their worship because the reasonable response of the creature is to worship their Creator. Yet, only God deserve to be worship. This is exactly the reason why God would never delegate the creation of things to any other person other than Himself as He clearly stated above: "BY MYSELF( Isaiah 44:24)". In fact, the question at the end of Isaiah 44:24 quoted above - "WHO WAS WITH ME ?" present in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible of Jehovah's witnesses) is an indisputable evidence that God did not employ the service of anybody during the creation of the heavens and the earth ! But sadly enough, the Christians still prefer those fallible words of men (which they believe to be inspired by God) to those infallible words of God that came DIRECTLY from God's mouth. Is this not the high time for the Christians to question their belief that the whole of the Bible is an inspired word of God? Here we can see how Paul and John contradict God Almighty on the issue of creation; a very important matter that seperate the one true God from all other false gods.
The only way to resolve this contradiction is when we assume that Jesus is God. But as we have already established above, there are many verses of Bible that will never support this assumption. Consequently, if Jehovah witnesses manage to escape the problem of accepting Jesus as God, there is no way they can escape the problem of accepting him as master worker of all creation. The only solution to this problem is to expunge all those fallible words of men from the Bible while allowing the DIRECT words from God's mouth to stay. But then, what are we to say about the authenticity of the Bible ?
Have you now agreed with me that the problem of "Who is God ? and who is the creator ?" is yet to be resolved in the world of Christianity . This is a FOUNDATIONAL problem that can never be overlooked. As we all know, any beautiful mansion that is erected on a very weak foundation is bound to collapse! This problem alone, if properly understood, is enough for any sincere seeker of truth to have preference for Islam over Christianity.
Unlike Bible, Qur'an is consistent regarding the identity of God ; it is consistent in establishing that Allah is God and Allah is the creator of all things, and that Jesus is neither God nor the Creator but one of the mighty prophets of God who was born miraculously by virgin Mary. This is how Islam managed to solve the most nagging problem in Christianity.

There are some Christians who want to argue that Allah is not God. I will only advice these Christians to get a Bible translated in Arabic language. They will discover that there is no any other name that the translators used for God except Allah ( the same spelling with that of Qur'an). Since God is the originator and creator of all languages, there is nothing wrong if God use Allah for himself in Quran given that Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language and there is no any other name that Arabs used for God other than Allah. What these Christians suppose to do is to investigate whether the description and identity given to Allah in Qur'an actually tally with that of God Almighty. Reading those verses of Qur'an quoted below are enough to convince you that description and identity of the speaker (Allah) tally perfectly with that of God Almighty, the God of Israel.
“O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.
I made them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth and not (even) their own creation, nor was I to take the misleaders as helpers (Qur'an 18:51)
And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations (Qur'an 6:83-86).
O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).
When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).
We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)
As you can see, all the personal pronouns in all the verses of Qur'an cited above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God.
present in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible of Jehovah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Heartbender: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2018
O dear, your analyses are wrong.
In Philippians chapter 2:5-11 the bible says: 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." This means all that Christ did was to be the human attribute of God and not necessarily a refusal of being God. In John 20:28 the disciple Thomas called him "My Lord and My God" and he didn't reprove him. Instead he said "you have believed because you have seen". What has Thomas believed? That Jesus is Lord and God!
If you recall in John 10:10 Jesus said "I and my father are ONE" and in Hebrew 1:8 the bible says "But for the Son he (the Father) says "thy throne, o God is forever". Even God calls Jesus "God". In Matthew 28:19 Jesus commanded his disciples to "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit". There are numerous accounts of the "Godhood" of Jesus Christ...it is. uncontested. In his name miracles were made, demons were casted out and much more as it is and he forgives sins (something only God can do).
Lastly, Jesus is the Great Judge on the Last Day. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Kdon2: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
Heartbender:
In Philippians chapter 2:5-11 the bible says: 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." This means all that Christ did was to be the human attribute of God and not necessarily a refusal of being God. In John 20:28 the disciple Thomas called him "My Lord and My God" and he didn't reprove him. Instead he said "you have believed because you have seen". What has Thomas believed? That Jesus is Lord and God!
If you recall in John 10:10 Jesus said "I and my father are ONE" and in Hebrew 1:8 the bible says "But for the Son he (the Father) says "thy throne, o God is forever". Even God calls Jesus "God". In Matthew 28:19 Jesus commanded his disciples to "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit". There are numerous accounts of the "Godhood" of Jesus Christ...it is. uncontested. In his name miracles were made, demons were casted out and much more as it is and he forgives sins (something only God can do).

Ode. You wey carry Islam for head dey deceive yourself with your Quran wey dem dey take shit smoke weed for delta. Their lives still better pass northern bigot own. SMH

3 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Heartbender: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
First, I believe the mention is for the Op not me as I only tried to "counter" his post. Second, if you must reach out to the lost, "ode" is never a miraculous word to begin with. Bless you
Kdon2:

Ode. You wey carry Islam for head dey deceive yourself with your Quran wey dem dey take shit smoke weed for delta. Their lives still better pass northern bigot own. SMH

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Op, there is an Islam veil covering your spiritual mind thereby blocking your understanding.

What is the meaning of a Father ? Can the Son be different from the Father ?

Where did you put these verses ?

Matthew 16:15-17 KJV
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
[16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

What do you call the child of God? Is he not a God ? Can lions give birth to a goat?

Since you are don't know God , how would know who Jesus is?

John 5:17-25 KJV
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. [18] Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. [19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. [20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. [21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them ; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. [22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Allah SWT says:

وَرَسُولًا إِلٰى بَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ أَنِّى قَدْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِئَايَةٍ مِّنْ رَّبِّكُمْ ۖ أَنِّىٓ أَخْلُقُ لَكُمْ مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنْفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًۢا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُبْرِئُ الْأَكْمَهَ وَالْأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْىِ الْمَوْتٰى بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِى بُيُوتِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِى ذٰلِكَ لَءَايَةً لَّكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُّؤْمِنِينَ
"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan: Verse 49)

Who can create a bird with a clay , a living bird , other than God ?
Who can give life to the dead aside from God?

A Son of God is a God. Jesus and his Father are one. Being "one " with God Almighty makes him a God.
The Jews understood what it means to be "one with God".

John 10:24-39 KJV
Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. [25] Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. [26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. [30] I and my Father are one. [31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. [32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? [37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. [38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. [39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

IT IS THERE4 NOT STRANGE THAT YOU TOO AND BILLIONS OF OTHERS B4 YOU AND AFTER CANNOT UNDERSTAND.

READ FOR UNDERSTANDING AND NOT FOR ARGUMENTS .

3 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Earthkumy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
enilove:
Op, there is an Islam veil covering your spiritual mind thereby blocking your understanding.

What is the meaning of a Father ? Can the Son be different from the Father ?

Where did you put these verses ?

Matthew 16:15-17 KJV
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
[16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

What do you call the child of God? Is he not a God ? Can lions give birth to a goat?

Since you are don't know God , how would know who Jesus is?

John 5:17-25 KJV
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. [18] Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. [19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. [20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. [21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them ; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. [22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

You finished work no need of adding again

2 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by basilico: 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2018
So Islam is the solution?
A religion founded by
A caravan raider (Don't need to give any source)
A paedophile ( Married a 6 year old)
A murderer.
Absolve your prophet of the crimes I have mentioned then I can give you two minutes

6 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by basilico: 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
And while trying to cleanse the most evil man in history Please explain why he banned interest on loans .Usury.
He borrowed money to raid and didn't want to pay back the money with interest. To promote his invented religion today we have Muslims involved in Sharia finance just to give that paedophile some legitimacy. 1400 years later. Muslims are just slow poke.

2 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by delkuf(m): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2018
Op, read this. In John 10:34, the Bible says, Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods? verse 35, if he called them God's, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; verse 36, say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the son of God? If God can refer to we ordinary people that we are god, how much more the son of God. read the Bible with a open mind
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by basilico: 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2018
delkuf:
Op, read this. In John 10:34, the Bible says, Jesus answered them, is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods? verse 35, if he called them God's, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; verse 36, say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the son of God? If God can refer to we ordinary people that we are god, how much more the son of God. read the Bible with a open mind

How does this absolve the paedophile founder of Islam. the most violent cult
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by plainbibletruth: 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Any false representation of God is nothing but IDOLATRY. Therefore, it is of great importance that there should be no any iota of confusion or doubt regarding the identity of God . In other words, being the foundational doctrine, the answer to the question "Who is God?" should always remain the same in any faith that is truly endorsed and approved by God.

There are some Christians who want to argue that Allah is not God. I will only advice these Christians to get a Bible translated in Arabic language. They will discover that there is no any other name that the translators used for God except Allah ( the same spelling with that of Qur'an). Since God is the originator and creator of all languages, there is nothing wrong if God use Allah for himself in Quran given that Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language and there is no any other name that Arabs used for God other than Allah.
Reading those verses of Qur'an quoted below are enough to convince you that description and identity of the speaker (Allah) tally perfectly with that of God Almighty, the God of Israel.
1. Is your creed - Shahada - "...there is no ALLAH but Allah..." or is it "...there is no GOD but Allah?
2. Is NAME of Islam's god JEHOVAH?
3. Can you believe in Allah alone without ASSOCIATING Mohamed with him and still enter Paradise?

3 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2018
Please respond to the analysis I made under John 17:3 quoted above
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Why all these Christians behave like this? I did not dispute the fact that Bible says Jesus is God. My point is that the same Bible also says Jesus is not God.But If you say I am wrong, then take your time and answer all the questions under those 8 verses I quoted above to prove that Jesus is not God. Especially respond to the analysis under John 17:3 quoted above.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by plainbibletruth: 9:09am On Aug 03, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Please respond to the analysis I made under John 17:3 quoted above
"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3)"

Eternal life = God the father + Jesus Christ

Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner know] Jesus [as the] Christ whom You have sent.
JOHN 17:3 AMP.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Why all these Christians behave like this? I did not dispute the fact that Bible says Jesus is God. My point is that the same Bible also says Jesus is not God.But If you say I am wrong, then take your time and answer all the questions under those 8 verses I quoted above to prove that Jesus is not God. Especially respond to the analysis under John 17:3 quoted above.

I want to ask you this .

If Oshibajo ( vice president of Nigeria ) says Muhammad Buhari is the ONLY PRESIDENT that can direct Nigeria righty, does that mean Oshibajo is not a president ?

I know you will avoid this question as usual.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by crafteck(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2018
Changing opinions to facts... Individual perception to theory... Continue

2 Likes

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2018
Osinbajo is NOT a president but VICE president.So what are you trying to drive out? Are you saying vice president= president? Besides, can God Almighty have a vice ? Are you saying Jesus is the vice or deputy of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2018
The phrase "ONLY TRUE GOD" used by Jesus implies that apart from "THE FATHER", all other Gods or gods are FALSE. Now do you accept Jesus as a FALSE GOD?
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Osinbajo is NOT a president but VICE president.So what are you trying to drive out? Are you saying vice president= president? Besides, can God Almighty have a vice ? Are you saying Jesus is the vice or deputy of God?

You are wrong. Osinbajo is a president but second in rank to the president while the senate president is 3 rd in rank to the president. The Two are Presidents but one is higher in rank .

Whatever the vice President does is deemed to be done by the President.
The President can send his vice to represent him at an occasion .
Whatever Osinbajo says becomes the law and would be seen as being spoken by the President himself since the President has delegated that authority to him.

There is a delegated power and residual or retainable power .

The same goes with a father son relationships and even deeper .
Your father's properties are yours if you are the only begotten son. All the command your father has over his servants , you have as well , as long as you are doing your father's will.
You can give a command to your fathers workers and you can punish them , and no one can question you .
Yet , it is your father that is responsible as long as you have his consent and he loves you dearly. You will exercise your fathers Power and authority.

Jesus said in :

John 11:39-48 KJV
Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
[40] Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
[41] Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
[42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it , that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
[43] And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
[44] And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
[45] Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
[46] But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.
[47] Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.
[48] If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by budaatum: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
enilove:

You are wrong. Osinbajo is a president but second in rank to the president while the senate president is 3 rd in rank to the president. The Two are Presidents but one is higher in rank .

Whatever the vice President does is deemed to be done by the President.
The President can send his vice to represent him at an occasion .
Whatever Osinbajo says becomes the law and would be seen as being spoken by the President himself since the President has delegated that authority to him.

There is a delegated power and residual or retainable power .
This is not true eni! The vice president only wields power at the mercy of the President and can not say anything and it becomes law unless it has been agreed by the president, nor does the president delegate power such that the vice president can go about speaking as if he were the president. If that were not the case, you'd truly have two presidents who, if they do not agree on policy, will be squabbling amongst themselves. And the fact that "delegation" has to occur, which involves a letter from the president saying so is enough to denote the clear separation of the two distinct offices and persons.

As to one's father's property being one's property, this is untrue also. One's father can always will his property it to charity and there isn't much the son can say or do about it. And then there's the case of one's father's certificates. If one's father is a qualified doctor, lawyer or accountant, the son does not inherit the right to practise in these fields despite them being 'properties' that the father wields! He'd have to go to school if he wishes to.

I do wish it were not so though. I'd get to save a lot on sending my son to school!
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
The phrase "ONLY TRUE GOD" used by Jesus implies that apart from "THE FATHER", all other Gods or gods are FALSE. Now do you accept Jesus as a FALSE GOD?

You lack simple understanding . According to your physical knowledge who can to these things written below ?

Allah SWT says:

وَرَسُولًا إِلٰى بَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ أَنِّى قَدْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِئَايَةٍ مِّنْ رَّبِّكُمْ ۖ أَنِّىٓ أَخْلُقُ لَكُمْ مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنْفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًۢا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُبْرِئُ الْأَكْمَهَ وَالْأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْىِ الْمَوْتٰى بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِى بُيُوتِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِى ذٰلِكَ لَءَايَةً لَّكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُّؤْمِنِينَ
"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan: Verse 49)

The ONLY TRUE GOD is the Father of Jesus . This makes Jesus the Son of the ONLY TRUE GOD and like his Father Jesus is also the only true God .

This simple thing is hard for you to understand because you are a SLAVE .
What you need to be free from slavery is to ask we Christians for directions and not to teach your masters , which will only lead you to eternal damnation .

Allah SWT says:

فَإِنْ كُنْتَ فِى شَكٍّ مِّمَّآ أَنْزَلْنَآ إِلَيْكَ فَسْئَلِ الَّذِينَ يَقْرَءُونَ الْكِتٰبَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ ۚ لَقَدْ جَآءَكَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَّبِّكَ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ
"So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters."
(QS. Yunus: Verse 94)

THAT WAS THE MISTAKE OF MUHAMMAD , HE REFUSED TO ASK QUESTIONS . THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO HIM:

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 618:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Sahl bin Saud As-Sa'idi:

When the helmet broke on the head of the Prophet and his face became covered with blood and his incisor tooth broke (i.e. during the battle of Uhud), 'Ali used to bring water in his shield while Fatima was washing the blood off his face. When Fatima saw that the bleeding increased because of the water, she took a mat (of palm leaves), burnt it, and stuck it (the burnt ashes) on the wound of Allah's Apostle, whereupon the bleeding stopped.

You see the life of your prophet?

Jesus is no fake , it is Muhammad and Allah that are fakes.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

This is not true eni! The vice president only wields power at the mercy of the President and can not say anything and it becomes law unless it has been agreed by the president, nor does the president delegate power such that the vice president can go about speaking as if he were the president. If that were not the case, you'd truly have two presidents who, if they do not agree on policy, will be squabbling amongst themselves. And the fact that "delegation" has to occur, which involves a letter from the president saying so is enough to denote the clear separation of the two distinct offices and persons.

As to one's father's property being one's property, this is untrue also. One's father can always will his property it to charity and there isn't much the son can say or do about it. And then there's the case of one's father's certificates. If one's father is a qualified doctor, lawyer or accountant, the son does not inherit the right to practise in these fields despite them being 'properties' that the father wields! He'd have to go to school if he wishes to.

I do wish it were not so though. I'd get to save a lot on sending my son to school!

Stop beating about the bush.
The President can delegate his authority to the vice and the vice would exercise this authority just like the president. That is constitutional. In the absence of Buhari who is in power?
Delegation means consent or agreement. Since I made mention of that , why saying no and twisting what I said.

As per the father's properties , why would the father will his properties away unless his does not love the child or the child is disobedient. But this is not the case with Jesus.

The Bible says in :

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

If you love your son and you are pleased with him , you will be happy to give him all you have. You will be happy seeing your clothes on him . When he drives your car , it would give you joy.
You feel happy blessing your son because he is your son.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by budaatum: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
enilove:

Stop beating about the bush.
The President can delegate his authority to the vice and the vice would exercise this authority just like the president. That is constitutional. In the absence of Buhari who is in power?
Delegation means consent or agreement. Since I made mention of that , why saying no and twisting what I said.

As per the father's properties , why would the father will his properties away unless his does not love the child or the child is disobedient. But this is not the case with Jesus.

The Bible says in :

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

If you love your son and you are pleased with him , you will be happy to give him all you have. You will be happy seeing your clothes on him . When he drives your car , it would give you joy.
You feel happy blessing your son because he is your son.

You may accuse me of whatever you like, enilove. The fact remains that my son is not me. And I would not have to delegate power if we were one as it would be taken for granted that we are one if we were. The fact that I have to delegate the power is sufficient evidence that we are two distinct separate entities, be it my son or the vice president. If not, my son would be representing himself at his school on parent's day. Now wouldn't that save me taking a day off for the tiny blighter!
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

You may accuse me of whatever you like, enilove. The fact remains that my son is not me. And I would not have to delegate power if we were one as it would be taken for granted that we are one if we were. The fact that I have to delegate the power is sufficient evidence that we are two distinct separate entities, be it my son or the vice president. If not, my son would be representing himself at his school on parent's day. Now wouldn't that save me taking a day off for the tiny blighter!

Yes , you and your son are two separate people , no doubt.
To be oneness with someone means , to be in harmony , sameness , unity , wholeness. That is , to be completely united with someone.

The Bible says in :

Matthew 19:5 KJV
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh.

This is what oneness is about . They are two but one in love, purpose and objectives.

Very soon, you will grow older and whether you like it or not , you will delegate authorities to your children. They will be in charge of your assets. Even if you don't want to , you will be forced by the society.
You can't be facing your tenants yourself. Even if you contract it to an agent. Your company is your child's.

Even in the office , you have to delegate assignments , jobs , authority and even power , to get things done effectively and efficiently. But as the head , you take all the blame or credit for their actions .
As it is in heaven ,so it is on earth.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by budaatum: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
enilove:

Yes , you and your son are two separate people , no doubt.
To be oneness with someone means , to be in harmony , sameness , unity , wholeness. That is , to be completely united with someone.
Good. You have clearly defined how two separate entities can be seen as one. It is when the two distinctly separate entities are united in "harmony, sameness, unity, wholeness".

So let us not wrongly fudge the demarcations for the sake of our beliefs, no matter how strongly we may wish to hold unto to them.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

Good. You have clearly defined how two separate entities can be seen as one. It is when the two distinctly separate entities are united in "harmony, sameness, unity, wholeness".

So let us not wrongly fudge the demarcations for the sake of our beliefs, no matter how strongly we may wish to hold unto to them.

You are right.
That is why I don't just accept anything or doctrine , simply because I am a christian . Anything short of love and that cannot be established Biblically , I don't accept it , no matter the gain.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by greatehis: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
"I and my father are ONE" THAT QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE NULLIFY ALL YOUR POSTULATION..... ITS SIMPLY MEANS ALL YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT GOD IS CORRECT, HOWEVER, YOU WERE STILL REFERRING TO JESUS. THE FACT THAT HE CHOOSE TO COME PAY THE PRICE DOESN'T MEAN HE HAS TO BE PROVING HE IS THE GOD..... HE HAS TO PLAY THE ROLE OF THE SON....DONT GET IT TWISTED . JESUS IS GOD
Heartbender:

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mr enilove, pls are you also saying Jesus is Almighty God? If yes, can God Almighty have another God when Jesus said "my God and your God" in John 20:17? If no, then we have two seperate Gods. This is polytheism.

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by plainbibletruth: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr enilove, pls are you also saying Jesus is Almighty God? If yes, can God Almighty have another God when Jesus said "my God and your God" in John 20:17? If no, then we have two seperate Gods. This is polytheism.

Abdulgaffar,
Take the Sun.
Does the Sun have light? Yes.
Does the Sun have heat? Yes.
Does the Sun have rays that cannot been seen? Yes.

Which is the sun then; light or heat or rays? Or all together at the same time? Is the Sun light, heat and rays at the same time?

When the Sun is giving light does the heat disappear? When the Sun is giving out rays does the light go off or the heat become cold?

If a physical object can be 3 in one why is difficult for you to understand that concept?

1 Like

Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by enilove(m): 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes , Jesus is also Almighty God . An Almighty God can have God . It is not polytheism . The reason being like this :

We are ruled by Muhammad Buhari , but working with Buhari are the vice President ( other executive arm ) , the parliament and the judiciary.

These are working for the same goal and for the same people.
Despite all these , Buhari is still their head.
If this is working for the earthly kingdom , how much more for the heavenly kingdom , from where we receive the inspirations to govern .

Jesus Christ is not equal in Power , Authority and in everything you can think of , when compared with His Father . He also told us this that his father is greater than him.
And at the same time Jesus Christ is God Almighty to us , because he created us and every other thing by the instructions of his Father.

This is not an assumption , it is Biblical and the Bible is God's book and perfect in all ramifications.

Revelation 1:8,17-18 KJV
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the ALMIGHTY. [17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

AND AT THE SAME TIME , IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS , JESUS CALLED GOD his God :

Revelation 3:12,21-22 KJV
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. [21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. [22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

To us , Jesus is God and our Creator and he is not contending neither can he contend with God his Father. That is why we pray in the name of Jesus to God Almighty.

The Bible is real , that was why GBENGA Adeboye was sent back to come and bring his Bible and hymn book. This happened and it is a parable for those that can reason.

IT IS STILL THE SAME ONE GOD ALMIGHTY , WE SERVE AND WORSHIP.
SAME LIKE THE EARTHLY GOVT.
Re: How Islam Managed To Solve The Most Nagging Problem In Christianity by Abdulgaffar22: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2018
You believe that God almighty can have another God? Honestly no amount of logical and biblical evidence can convince you. It is only God that can do the work. Don't you see the contradiction; God almighty can have another God. It is like you are saying there is a certain number that is greater than infinity. If a number can greater than iinfinty, then infinity is no longer an infinity. Similarly, if God almighty can have another God, then it is no longer Almighty God. This is an issue of common sense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Pastor Tony Rapu’s Daughter’s Wedding / The Human Race Products Of Incest ? / "new Preacher In Town" (story No. 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.