Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

Untitled - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Untitled (262 Views)

Untitled / An Untitled Fiction / The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Untitled by 182600weynom: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
"Yeye man, look at you, no be your mate they buy wrapper for their mother in laws " she pushed him while going out of the bed room. She kept on firing, no be your fault say I still dey your house, I for follow mama philo advice, leave you make you die, useless man like you, you make my friends they laff me say na woman I marry no be man. She went into the kitchen and sobbed for a while.

He moved closer to the kitchen door, scared of what her reaction would be, he slowly, quietly and gently opened the door "Nkem, you know is not my fault things are going this way, I hate the situation am into presently, things have not been the same since I lost the job at the bank. I have tried all my contacts and business associate if I could secure a loan to set up a business enterprise so I could support the family, but to no avail, Nkem you know it's not my fault, if I had a magic wand that could change my present predicament we wouldn't be here. Bby am sorry" he moved much closer standing behind the love of his life, the woman in which they stood before God and man and pledge till death do them part, in both sickness and joy, she also added a clause when reciting her's, she promised to love him even a day after forever.

Her sobbing increased, now she screamed on top of her lungs, " if you ever touch me with that broke hands of yours I will kill you, just immediately there 2 beautiful kids walked into the house. Two amazing kids Ella and Stella both six years old, so identical that the parent atimes mistake one for the other, they heard voices in the kitchen so they hurriedly ran towards the voices, Daddy Daddy look at my drawing screamed Stella, he acted as if nothing was wrong, went down on his knees and kissed both girls on the lips as he usually does, "my little angels are back, daddy missed you guys how about you go to your room cleanup ,change your clothes then come out for lunch" before they could step out of the kitchen, all guns went blazing " which lunch? As a man when last did you buy food in this house? Ehn tell me ? When last did you pay tuition fees for this girls? You are a disgrace, you have failed as a man, he smiled while trying to take the girls to their rooms.

Caesar was a young banker when he met Bukola, she was still in her first year in the university, then he was just a casual staff at the bank, they went to the university community when he saw Bukola for the first time. She was young and innocent, she had all the typical Yoruba girl features, a beauty that he has never behold in his life, before then he thought Cleopatra of Egypt was the finest woman to have walked the surface of the earth, but Bukola to him worth more than a million Gold bars. He was able to get her contacts and they became friends, they regularly call each other and soon they started chatting on 2go, most times since they can't talk during the day. Because of how busy he was,they started late nights chat

Love came softly for both of them, first to Caesar then to her. She started calling him ore mi, then she switched to Ifemi then she switched to ololufe. She was skeptical about him, growing up her mum told her " men only want one thing from you, which is sex" that stocked to her head, she believed he was after that, so she denied him the first time he asked her, that was over a year when they officially started dating, he never asked, even times when she came over for weekends, she sleeps in his arms, and wakes up in the morning untouched.

The first time he met her mum was on her dads funeral service, he travelled down to her home town somewhere in Oyo state with some friends, she couldn't not believe he could mk the trip. After the burial proceedings he practically became her dad, he took over responsibilities and made life as comfortable as he could, if she had asked for the eye of a dragon Caesar was willing to go to ends of the world to get it, if that would put a smile on her face.

Eight years after they promised enternity to each other, the marriage now like sour agbalumo to both parties, he reminisced on the good old days when he would take wifey shopping, dinners at the best hotels, got her a Mercedes Benz E350 for her 30th birthday which was just 2 years ago, but now he sleeps next to a woman he barely recognize, a woman can't have a decent conversation, they have been to counseling at a doctors place and also in church, but nothin seems to be working, this is the lady he loves, at a point he was the source of her joy but now he is the source of her misery,

One evening he took a stroll around the town, contemplating about existence in itself, he realised he has totally forgotten who he is, existence doesn't taste and smell as it used to, he knew he was close to his own damnation , walking on 3rd mainland bridge, he looked across in to the vast body of water, he had passed that way for more than 10years, that was the first time he saw the colossal beauty in nature, he stood at the edge of the irons that stood as a fence to the body of water, with tears in his heart he whispered " heaven knows I loved her dearly"

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Alley - Episode 16 / "Babymamarism" - A Poem By A Nairalander / Broken Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.