Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) (32612 Views)

Mediatek Dethrones Qualcomm To Become World’s Biggest Smartphone Chipset Vendor / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Infinix Note 7 Unboxing And Review - The Biggest Smartphone Screen In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

Nope. T-Mobile is a German company, HTC is from China.
released by Tmobile company and not owned. Tmobile is not in phone production. HTC dream Is HTC G1 of Tmobile.
Same Os, same Dos background.

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by zinaunreal(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2018
Htc sony are still very much in the game.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by onatisi(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2018
classicfrank4u:
oga remove gionee frm dat list
and motorola , people are now buying motorola and that is because their new phones have many good qualities and they are very cheap

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by vanchi(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2018
EMMAUGOH:

They were still behind Tmobile G1

Tell them
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by onatisi(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2018
zinaunreal:
Htc sony are still very much in the game.
exactly , the op doesn't know what he he is talking about

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by HajimeSaito(m): 8:37am On Aug 03, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
released by Tmobile company and not owned. Tmobile is not in phone production. HTC dream Is HTC G1 of Tmobile.

Gosh, you're actually right. It was marketed as the T mobile G1 in American markets, but was actually owned by HTC. Thanks for the correction.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by JBL316: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2018
It shows the fluid nature of existence. The 1st law of nature is self preservation!
Live...or die!

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by emp1995(m): 8:42am On Aug 03, 2018
post=69940659:
Nothing last forever!
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by omolola15(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2018
EMMAUGOH:

That bros na olodo jare. The annoying part is that he quoted the whole article just to post a wrong information. Htc dream is t-mobile G1. And he still won’t learn.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by HyDef(m): 8:55am On Aug 03, 2018
TechCapon:
Nokia shot itself on the foot by using Windows when others are going Android. Right now Nokia is not even among the top 10 smartphone makers, Tecno has joined the league.

Not quite. HMD broke into the top 10 for Q2.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by ollah2: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2018
The most painful of them all is Motorola. They practically produced the very first telephone in the world but they are dying presently.

Google bought it and resold it to Lenovo
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Allenken225588: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2018
me i jzt so mush lov fon wey d battery dey last...i'm currently using a fon wif a 5000mah battery capacity , bt i dey find 7000mah...so dat even wen transformer blow!! as usual..i'll just look for a barbers shop jeje, charge my itel to full capacity nd manage it d entire year...

i too get brain!!
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by lx3as(m): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2018
classicfrank4u:
oga remove gionee frm dat list

Gionee also produces BLU phones, which are popular in America, particularly in South America.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by ollah2: 9:02am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

When you are filled with hate and bigotry, the result is failing in other departments. The worst is failing repeatedly despite being corrected. Not everything showing on the surface is the actual thing, dude called T-Mobile a German company because they sponsored Bayern Munich sometime ago and every dunce tags Asian companies Chinese including Samsung.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by classicfrank4u(m): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2018
lx3as:

Gionee also produces BLU phones, which are popular in America, particularly in South America.
exactly
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by classicfrank4u(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2018
Ifeanyi4491:
and replace it with innjo
grin
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by HajimeSaito(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:

When you are filled with hate and bigotry, the result is failing in other departments. The worst is failing repeatedly despite being corrected. Not everything showing on the surface is the actual thing, dude called T-Mobile a German company because they sponsored Bayern Munich sometime ago and every dunce tags Asian companies Chinese including Samsung.

When you are the follower of a religion founded by a functional illiterate, it can inhibit you from knowing how to carry out basic research. Go and look up wikipedia my dear dull-ard.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Menace2Society(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

You support the dull-ard just because of a lousy 30k paycheque? Even more annoying!
Must u quote everything ! Grow up undecided
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by arceem(m): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2018
JamaicanLove:
Thuraya nko cool

Turaya still working
Its for coded people...
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by MeeLan: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

These brands were once the king of the smartphone/ electronics industry and were once best sellers. They commanded high market share at one time or the other long before Samsung and Apple took over the baton. Unlike the automobile industry, the same old players dominating the scene in the 80s and 90s are the ones dominating the market till today and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I mean take a look at the likes of Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford Toyota, Honda etc are still the king of the industry and I don’t see new companies like Tesla, Tango, BYD etc taking over from them. So the big question is why is it so different in the smartphone world ? New phone companies like Xiaomi is already threatening to displace Apple and Samsung, even Oppo of yesterday now has one of the largest smartphone market, funny. I don’t understand how innovative brands that once rake in profit in billions of dollars now record losses in billions of dollars and they can’t seem to make a comeback to profitability. Anyways we’ll be looking at some brands that used to be household names in the past and what happened to them.

1. BlackBerry (adapt or die)

Who on this planet would have believed for one second that the “ALMIGHTY BLACKBERRY” would just fizzle out into oblivion ? What went wrong with Blackberry ? Why did it collapse ? Why……? The questions on the minds of many are endless and confusing. BlackBerry is not just struggling, the company is on the brink of extinction ! That’s how bad it is. The problem with BlackBerry was that the company was too rigid and slow to adapt to the rapid changes in the smartphone industry. They locked down their OS and made it impossible for users to use popular apps like Whatsapp rather forcing BBM down their throats. It made one last attempt for survival when it dumped the BlackBerry OS and launched it’s first Android smartphone which came as a surprise but it was too late and the price was so high, it was a turn off for loyal fans who would have loved to buy it. The lesson you should learn from BB is simple. ADAPT OR DIE

2. HTC

HTC is the ancestor of all smartphones in the world, you can call it the great grandfather of all Android devices. First maker of Android phone in the world ((HTC dream in 2008), first company to launch a dual camera smartphone, first to launch a Windows smartphone, first to launch a full metal body smartphone, first to do this or that. The list is endless, the fact remains that most of the major innovations in the smartphone industry started with HTC so what happened to this company with a long lists of records and innovations. The answer is sweet and simple, COMPETITION. Instaed of HTC to focus on the midrange market, it chose to battle with Samsung and Apple for a slice of the pie in the high-end division and this brought their downfall. Anyway we hear that HTC is cooking a new surprise for it’s fans, I seriously hope this surprise will be a turning point for the company because they need it so badly.
o boy! so u think HTC is falling? woww!!! wake up o.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by MeeLan: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

By the look of things, it seems that HTC dug its own grave. But they are not the ancestor of ALL smartphones. Their ancestry is limited to just Android devices. Even at that the first ever android device (Android 1.0) was the T-Mobile G1 which appeared some months before the HTC dream in 2008.
op yansh don open
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by ProfGday(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2018
post=69941441:
Gosh! You quote all that just because of HTC?! With all those red BLOODY letters?! So annoying!
You should consider NAIRALANDBBQGRILLS...or what do you think ?
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Tunagee(m): 9:37am On Aug 03, 2018
engrsyer:
Africa is the reason why many of this chinko phones outsmarted all these giant phones like HTC, Sony Ericson, BB, etc soon Samsung will join them.

Why shouldn't I go for phone that is costing me 20-25k and can do what 70-150k phone can do?

Tecno, Infinix and some chinko phones came with same Android OS with longer battery life span and lesser price to outshine those so-called big phones like Samsung, HTC, Sony, Moto, BB Android and Nokia.

U are right, but when it comes to hardware strengths, durability, u can't beat all these big brands u mentioned. For instance, I lost full confidence in infinix phones as a result of battery problem I encountered from week i purchase infinix note 3 pro whereby my battery begins to countdown once it gets to 10percent. The battery got swollen in less than a year. Today, I use lenovo since Jan this year,everything has been excellent.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

Taiwan not China
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Nancypunni: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

You support the dull-ard just because of a lousy 30k paycheque? Even more annoying!

30k paycheque...? They pay him to comment or what...?? Abeg i need money
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by HajimeSaito(m): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2018
Nancypunni:

30k paycheque...? They pay him to comment or what...?? Abeg i need money

We all need money bro, but learn to value and price yourself highly grin
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2018
Shakadesi:
itel P32 for sale. Working perfectly, just 2weeks old.
1GB, 8GB. 4000mah 5.5HD screen Dual rear camera Fingerprint scanner Android 8.1

Price N18.5k

Call me on 0.9.0.99.677.869 for face-to-face transaction
10k bro
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Nancypunni: 9:58am On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

We all need money bro, but learn to value and price yourself highly grin

I know buh wassup with the paycheck
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2018
Tunagee:

U are right, but when it comes to hardware strengths, durability, u can't beat all these big brands u mentioned. For instance, I lost full confidence in infinix phones as a result of battery problem I encountered from week i purchase infinix note 3 pro whereby my battery begins to countdown once it gets to 10percent. The battery got swollen in less than a year. Today, I use lenovo since Jan this year,everything has been excellent.
I bought my lenovo since 2016.Up till this time i have not encounter any problem with it.The touchpad has not even crack,unlike my former Sony experia,despite it has a gorilla glass i changed it touchpad every 3 months due to it malfunction status.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by HajimeSaito(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2018
Nancypunni:

I know buh wassup with the paycheck

Members of the Buhari Media Centre (B.M.C) are paid a monthly stipend of N 30,000 to post positive comments about the Buhari Administration on social media sites. This guy is one of them.
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2018
WELL LET ME MAKE IT TRIBAL

YOLOBA PEOPLE: Came to see who is falling and rising in the list

AUSA PHIPHLE: Came to look picture of the phones

BINI: Came to check the brand that will be cheaper in the market now

IGBO MAN: like me we came to check their mistake and upgrade on our business no matter how small it is so we don't fall victim....

THAT'S JUST THE DIFFERENCE
Re: The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) by Nancypunni: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2018
Shakadesi:
itel P32 for sale. Working perfectly, just 2weeks old.
1GB, 8GB. 4000mah 5.5HD screen Dual rear camera Fingerprint scanner Android 8.1

Price N18.5k

Call me on 0.9.0.99.677.869 for face-to-face transaction

Advertise it here...display it to akure people straight..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! / Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.