Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months (14858 Views)

FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by dingbang(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2018
grin
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2018
Good step. But we ain't selling our votes because of this.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by jerk: 8:08am On Aug 03, 2018
It is commendable.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by SEONaijaExpert: 8:09am On Aug 03, 2018
This would be really cool.

Both the man and woman can at least have some more rest and enjoy the joy of the new baby.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by seunto(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2018
What of fathernity leave... Oga o... grin
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Galacious1: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2018
it's already six months at my workplace.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Pataricatering(f): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2018
Instead of making workplaces more conducive for working mothers and giving them opportunities to work from home during maternity leave these fools are struggling to extend maternity leave ! Why are we so daft in this country !
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by IMASTEX: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Backward FG...when Lagos is already giving paternity leave
Gbam!
They are using analog
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Horus(m): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2018
fergie001:
I don't think,this is right....

Why?
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by don4real18(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Well, it will affect the employment balance as companies will prefer to take in the male folks instead of a woman that will gladly get pregnant and get 6months leave
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by fergie001: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Horus:

Why?
Can you count the amount of holidays we have already?
The present status quo of 3 months is cool...

Most private companies don't even honour it
Someone sits in the house for 6months,and you are paying?
And maybe 2 of her colleagues,in the same office get pregnant..and will go for another 6months.....

I still do not think this is right....

I used to work in a private firm in Lagos(names with-held),where they employ only guys and unmarried ladies......once you get married,you resign or you are only allowed 2months maternity leave(if you are lucky).....
It will affect females getting jobs,especially once they are married because if I am an employer of labour,I will not pay someone 6months sitting at home......
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by BIXYBABE: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2018
lemme quickly get anoda belle
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Bestlily:
Men leave breast for your kids oh
is the breast not part of why we married her?
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Liftedhands(f): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2018
chivera018:
Lol, never knew men also struggle for breast with babies.

Even if given 1 year some mothers will not breast feed their babies up to 5 months.
You are very right! The fear of saggy breasts.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by khvnggift(m): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2018
buygala:
"So , if you give the baby good food , good protein, we will have good workers and good leaders in the future .
“ But if we don ’ t give them good food , then we will have a generation of jesters over the years and that is not what we want in this country. So , breastfeeding is a national investment in the cerebral architecture of our citizens and in the future development of our country."

This totally explains why Buhari behaves the way he does sad

Oga Minister you deserve a National Award for so simply explaining the cause of your oga's Problem

Nuff said smiley
Buhari did nt suck
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by histemple: 9:08am On Aug 03, 2018
mulante:
Do this and increase minimum wage and get the civil servants. Good move.

1 child per year plus annual leave will only get you working for 5 months with full pay every year.

Watch how population will spike. Civil servants go dey pop babies like rabbits.

This will only increase discrimination in employment against women. Private companies wouldn't want employ a staff that will be out for 6 months.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Private sector please take note
I don't buy the idea many women will abuse it
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by BruncleZuma: 9:22am On Aug 03, 2018
asuustrike2009:

I don't buy the idea many women will abuse it
grin grin grin grin your bachelor status dey very obvious.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Mujtahida: 9:34am On Aug 03, 2018
chivera018:
Lol, never knew men also struggle for breast with babies.

Even if given 1 year some mothers will not breast feed their babies up to 5 months.
You are absolutely correct. Most ladies I've interacted with on this issue say three months or at most six months non exclusive. They say they don't want the baby to 'fall the breast'. I ask them 'but you prefer men sucking it for your pleasure than suckling your baby who needs it for its survival, growth and development'?
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Mcy56(f): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2018
Won't the house be too boring for the mother? I knew of a working mother who had to go back to work few days after 2 months claiming she's not used to idleness and its her first child.
To me I think the 4 months is okay. Only that there should be rules to make them resume at least two hours after official resumption time and close earlier than the official closing time for additional 2-3 months.
All these are campaign strategies meant to deceive the masses again since election time is approaching.
May God help us.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Ataime16(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2018
Hmmmmmm..... nice

Mergeplanet is giving a free tutorial on their WhatsApp group. how to make  money online even if you are a complete beginner.

How to earn $500 every month.

This is the change to start a profitable online business.

Join the group now for free.

https:///2LZfQeb
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Nickymezor(f): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2018
Not bad at all
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Gerrard59(m): 11:53am On Aug 03, 2018
Anyone supporting this plan by the FG should not complain when employers don't recruit females or discriminate against married women. Six months?

Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by leo1234(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
My only problem with this, is that many organizations will be reluctant to employ women of child bearing age.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Mcy56(f): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
leo1234:
My only problem with this, is that many organizations will be reluctant to employ women of child bearing age.
Sir Leo, you are so on point! 6 months is too much in my opinion.
The aftermath effect wouldnt be good cos its going to be a criteria to be considered when recruiting, especially in Private organizations, which are large employer of labour in this country.
I dont expect women to be in support of it cos its another ploy to marginalize women in the labour sector of the economy. Some employers would easily find an excuse to lay off such women, claiming they cant allow their biz to suffer.
We all know the employment situation of the country already.
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by leo1234(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mcy56:

Sir Leo, you are so on point! 6 months is too much in my opinion.
The aftermath effect wouldnt be good cos its going to be a criteria to be considered when recruiting, especially in Private organizations, which are large employer of labour in this country.
I dont expect women to be in support of it cos its another ploy to marginalize women in the labour sector of the economy. Some employers would easily find an excuse to lay off such women, claiming they cant allow their biz to suffer.
We all know the employment situation of country already.

Those celebrating this development will complain later.
Many private organizations can't give more than one month maternity leave. This can only happen in government institutions and the end result will not be desirable. Very soon you will visit a ministry for something important and you will be told you can't be attended to because most of their female staffs are on maternity leave.
Trust Nigerians, they will optimise and even abuse this opportunity. grin
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by GetCofOProperty: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
This will be a biased move if paternity leave isn't considered too by the FG!

Check my signature below..
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Mcy56(f): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
leo1234:
Those celebrating this development will complain later.
Many private organizations can't give more than one month maternity leave. This can only happen in government institutions and the end result will not be desirable. Very soon you will visit a ministry for something important and you will be told you can't be attended to because most of their female staffs are on maternity leave.
Trust Nigerians, they will optimise and even abuse this opportunity. grin
Those women in the ministries will sure abuse it. They've not introduce it self na war. grin
Let's now imagine the case of some women that gives birth almost every year, that one wouldnt be funny. grin
Re: FG Moves To Extend Maternity Leave To Six Months by Harrynight(m): 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
Good move Mr Minister, God bless u Sir!

2 Accolades for this working Minister

One for him
Another should in case he loses the first one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IBADAN; Power Up Your Home with Quality Electricals / Please Help / Igbo Names (girl) That Start With T And K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.