Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,329 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help (14859 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help by elisabet51(f): 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
I have never done this before but someone please listen to this. I met my husband on the net and we gotten legally married in the UK. Before that I had a pretty good life , a good job and a house in the country. Then the trouble started with my husband. First he got arrested in the Uk for trying to board a plane with a false passport. I forgave him since he stated that he only wanted to see me in the USA where I live. Then he persuated me to sell my house, take the money, go to Lagos, meet his family and open up a movie production business. I registered the business in my name, paid for the movie camera, the equipment and the place for the business. When we arrived in Lagos my husband changed.He would disappear for hours at night and not include me in the business. I had nobody to talk to and after two months I was afraid to stay longer and returned home.At home i got very sick and called my husband asking to send me some money but he told me he does not care if I die.After i recovered I called FBI, Scottland Yard and the local police. Nobody wanted to help.After a year the EFCC accepted my case.I sold my car and flew to Lagos. The EFCC arrested my husband and put him in jail for two weeks. He paid me a small sum of money and gotten released . He lied to me stating that he has no money and send me threatening emails that he would get me arrested by the EFCC. Just recently I found out that he is married to someone else and has a child with that person. Further I found out that he produced several movies,a tv show and he is the coordinator of NUFFEST. You are wondering why I posted this.I just wanted to tell the thruth about this man.He still walks around the streets as a free man and enjoying himself with my money and movie business. I love Nigeria and want to come back but he destroyed my life. Please, if anybody is out there who can help me I would appreciate it. All I want is justice and my life back. Thank You  Lisa

1 Like

Re: Please Help by twinstaiye(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
This is a one side story, I am sure, a lot of people would want the other side of the story.
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
This story is true I have nothing to hide, his name is John Nnaedozie Okoli but he calls himself Don Okoli, he is a scammer and I want take no for an answer til hes there where he belongs
Re: Please Help by dae(f): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2009
And how are we sure this is not BLACKMAIL?
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
I have proof of evidence and marriage certificate, this really is true
Re: Please Help by kingk(m): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2009
you never specify what you want for justice
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
All am trying to say is that my husband needs to be arrested.I want out of this marriege since he has violated it and my money back which I put into the business.
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2009
I am originally from germany but live in the states.The business I had is in Lagos and called "question info.com" My husband claimes its his which is not true
Re: Please Help by kingk(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
sorry dear your storry it's not well classified ok
Re: Please Help by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 04, 2009
i guess the "love" between the two of you is gone. no matter how much you want to shout out here, the best you should do is move on with your life and accept the fact that you have been played.
learn from your mistake and make sure you NEVER AGAIN sell your life away to some guy/girl you met.
when the life was sweet and juicy between the 2 of you, you didnt ask for our advices. before you sold your house to join that guy around the world, you didnt ask for our advices. before you married the rat, you didnt ask for our advices.
so why do you come here now bad mouthing that guy?!
whats done is done and there is not much you can do about it.
LIFE GOES ON!!!!
Re: Please Help by C2H5OH(f): 1:27am On Jun 04, 2009
Ooohhhhh myyyyyy you must be a white woman.  That boy surely played you like a deck of cards. 
Such a sad story to read.  All you can do right now is move on with your life and pray that Karma catches up to his ass.  Leave everything in the hands of God. 

My heart goes out to you, but there isn't really much else for you to do except to start rebuilding that life of yours.

All the best.
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2009
No way I am giving up and this has nothing to do with skincolor.

1 Like

Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2009
thank You for the kind words but I am not giving in and staying married to him. I am not a coward
Re: Please Help by beingme(f): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
E- LOVE AS I ALWAYS CALL IT IS NOT DOIN THNS BETTER
ITS FULLY OF SCAM AND FALSEHOOD.

THERE'S NOTHING IN INTERNET LOVE PPL
Re: Please Help by Gentlelady(f): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2009
elisabet51:

No way I am giving up and this has nothing to do with skincolor.

Please give up, pick up your life and start again. No need to habour bitterness and anger against someone who can do that to you. Next time be wise and careful the world is full of deceitful people. So sad that you had to learn the hard way.
Re: Please Help by tpiah: 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2009
The EFCC arrested my husband and put him in jail for two weeks

seriously, they tried on your behalf.

He was locked up for two whole weeks? You must have moved mountains and put pressure on various people.

I'm absolutely not joking!
Re: Please Help by brutal(m): 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2009
perhaps i can help,
i hope u r genuine, cos u can't deceive me,i'm too smart 4 that.
send me a private message.
Re: Please Help by Outstrip(f): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
Elisabeth you just did not use wisdom. How could you sell your house. Cut your losses. There is nothing you can do. Let him go. I believe you. I do not need to hear the other side of the story but you lost this one. Life goes on.
Re: Please Help by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 09, 2009
you met online and yet, you went ahead and marry a guy that was living in a different country than yours?! what kind of silly story is that? can you imagine how dumb that looks. so you met online and you came to the UK to get married and then went straight back home to the states to live seperately. what was the point of getting married?! what was the reason for marrying this man? did you even live together before marrying him? did you even KNOW him before marrying him? did you even understand him before marrying him? now you are upset because that stranger (because thats what he is to you) turned out to be a con.
in my book, you got played and cant get over it.

1 Like

Re: Please Help by izeek(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2009
twinstaiye:

This is a one side story, I am sure, a lot of people would want the other side of the story.

there is nothing onesided about the story.
she has been duped and played by some naija dude who has no sense of remorse.

@post,
just let the issue go, its something u can hardly do anything about.
i blame you for going along with his plan, although love must have had a hand in it.
just moveon and let him be, sometin i always know for sure" karma sees and hears all".
Re: Please Help by biola44: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
@poster: 4get him n move on! sad
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2009
yes I moved mountains at the efcc and I got not much help since they released him after a short time, and I will move mountains again till this matter is solved, I have nothing to hide but my so called husband has, we wanted to move together and live in the USA, I am glad it never came to this, I am not giving up he took everything I worked hard for
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
But thank u to the people who believe me, I appreciate this
Re: Please Help by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2009
elisabeth dont get the people wrong, we do believe you. we just dont understand how keeping this man in jail is going to solve the matter?
so you expect him to rot in jail for eternity? so far as i know he didnt steal that money, you knowingly gave it to your husband.
he did took everything you worked for because you were %^$^ enough to hand it to him.
Re: Please Help by JustGood(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Another mumu bites the dust. . . soryy about that.

If anyone had told you at the time not to do get married to a man you met online, you'd have told the person that he needs to move into your century.

You cant do anything to recover what you already lost. Your continued ursuit of the rat will only cause you more anguish and depression. The earlier you forget the idiot and move on with the pieces of your life, the better you will be for it.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Please Help by LadyT(f): 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2009
Can we just kill one thing here that online stuff dont work. Thats bullcrap are you not another human behind the screenname? What you need to be sure of is you get to know as much as you can about the person offline before you commit yourself.

Now at topic I feel your pain is this guy younger than you? I noticed you put your age as 55 in your profile. I can imagine he really swept you off your feet.

But trust me Karma is a bitch is the business still in your name? Do you have papers to proof it?
In Nigeria money talks Its amazing the EFCC did anything to help you.

Ignore his stupid emails and ignore him he will soon get his own
Re: Please Help by JustGood(m): 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
LadyT, my own with you will not be internet one.

damn! I dont know how to toast on the internet sad
Re: Please Help by LadyT(f): 6:02pm On Jun 10, 2009
Justgood toast ko sandwich ni!

You meanie! You want me to be the next mumu to bite the dust abi?
Re: Please Help by JustGood(m): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2009
LadyT:

Justgood toast ko sandwich ni!

You meanie! You want me to be the next mumu to bite the dust abi?

You cant bite dust. . . you are too smart to fall to that level.

Besides, if you bite dust on my account, it's all good wink

he he he
Re: Please Help by LadyT(f): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2009
JustGood:

You cant bite dust. . . you are too smart to fall to that level.

Besides, if you bite dust on my account, it's all good wink

he he he

Wicked soul after I carry belle
Re: Please Help by Sissy3(f): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
too bad, the deed is done, and i hope lesson learned. it's time to flip another chapter.
Re: Please Help by elisabet51(f): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2009
Thanks guys for ur support. Yes the business is in my name and he is using it. I have all the papers to prove it. He got out of jail at the EFCC because he bribed an officer. Please understand I have to do something otherwise ill be on the street.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Son Lacks Concentration / Wife Needed - Anyone Around The Corner - Seriously Searching / My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.