Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,519 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement (1403 Views)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by respect80(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
I need a sound minded Muslim to give a logical reason or reasons as to why Islam followers love to obstruct and hinder people's movements by blocking major roads especially on Fridays all in the name of prayers.

You might also want to do us a favour by answering the following questions

1.Does the Quran order Muslims to block and stand on the road to pray before their prayers would be answered

2. What sense does it make after performing ablution and cleansing for prayers, you still stand on the God forsaken road where all forms of dirty materials are washed to in order to pray

3. If the Christians, Bhuddhist, Hindus and the hundreds of world religions do the same, what would be the case

4. If the Quran never instructed Muslims to do so, then, is it some kind of show-off and hypocrisy

It saddens my heart that while people are advancing technologically and economically, we Africans have deliberately allowed our inclination to religion and religious practices to decelerate and hamper our developmental pace as a people.

The painful thing is that they even go ahead to block major township roads that has no alternative routes and the same people will be wondering why the western world is leaving us behind in everything.

I need Muslims to be bold enough to give us sound and logical answers to these questions.

No insult is needed here. Remember we all have that beastly aspect in us, no monopoly to madness...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by theunnamed: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
I don't know about logical answers but I think it's just rude!!!
I remember that Friday I was at agege, the just made me trek under that hot sun for nothing!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by respect80(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
theunnamed:
I don't know about logical answers but I think it's just rude!!!
I remember that Friday I was at agege, the just made me trek under that hot sun for nothing!!
Same thing happened to me today.
I was stuck in the traffic waiting all day simply because our Muslim brothers and sisters had no where to pray but the main road

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by lordm(m): 12:14am On Aug 04, 2018
They will ban you soon

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 04, 2018
respect80:
I need a sound minded Muslim to give a logical reason or reasons as to why Islam followers love to obstruct and hinder people's movements by blocking major roads especially on Fridays all in the name of prayers.

1.Does the Quran order Muslims to block and stand on the road to pray before their prayers would be answered

2. What sense does it make after performing ablution and cleansing for prayers, you still stand on the God forsaken road where all forms of dirty materials are washed to in order to pray

3. If the Christians, Bhuddhist, Hindus and the hundreds of world religions do the same, what would be the case

4. If the Quran never instructed Muslims to do so, then, is it some kind of show-off and hypocrisy

It saddens my heart that while people are advancing technologically and economically, we Africans have deliberately allowed our inclination to religion and religious practices to decelerate and hamper our developmental pace as a people.

The painful thing is that they even go ahead to block major township roads that has no alternative routes and the same people will be wondering why the western world is leaving us behind in everything.

I need Muslims to be bold enough to give us sound and logical answers to these questions.

No insult is needed here. Remember we all have that beastly aspect in us, no monopoly to madness...

They do it only in the north. They are just troublemakers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:19am On Aug 04, 2018
It is done mainly to prove dominance over every other religion.
It is an aspect of Sharia Law that claims ownership of any public road or partways that leads to or passes through Mosques areas during Jumat Salats (Friday prayers).

Even in France and Belgium where they are a tiny minority they often get into fracas with govt on this notorious act of show off.

It's worse if u live near big Mosques.
The Govt often look the other way. Infact, Policemen are used to enforce the ones in my area....!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:36am On Aug 04, 2018
buhari why ?.

go get your pvc.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by orisa37: 5:29am On Aug 04, 2018
Criminal Instinct. Like putting armed Fulani Herdsmen in other Climes to kill for Pastures.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by orisa37: 5:36am On Aug 04, 2018
Hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by emekaRaj(m): 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
respect80:

if you truely want a honest explanation I will give u.

it's not our plan to do that, it's just a circumstances we found our self in that causes that. we apologize for any discomfort cause to you, but u will do the same if are in our situation. as a matter of fact I have seen in different locations were Sunday worship in church also cause hold ups.

the truth is dis....... our Friday prayers is obligatory and the most important of all prayers just like Sunday worship in church. but unlike Christians who have specific churches to attend their Sunday worship that's is not the case with Muslim, Quran instructed us to gathered every Friday in a bigger central mosque in our area, which means we all in that area have to leave the small mosque in our street and go the central mosque in the area. which is why u always see the smaller mosque in every area closed every Friday, bcoz everyone is going to the central mosque. now imagine all the Christrians have to leave their church in an area (let's say agege) and gathered in one church in the area and worship at the same time, am sure no matter how big the church is it wouldnt be able to take 40% of the Christians in that area and the remaining 60 percent would be left outside.

that is the dilemma we are facing as a Muslim it's not our wish to cause traffic. same thing happened to me yesterday, I dnt like been late for Friday prayers bcoz I like to pray inside the mosque, but unfortunately I was late yesterday ,so inside the mosque is full, the remaining space around the mosque is full and I had to pray on d road.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by emekaRaj(m): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
I hope this answers ur question. I believe with positive mind u would have been able to reason on ur own that this is d obvious reasons why Muslim causes traffic
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by emekaRaj(m): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
thank you
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by CoolUsername: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
emekaRaj:
I hope this answers ur question. I believe with positive mind u would have been able to reason on ur own that this is d obvious reasons why Muslim causes traffic

By praying on the road you are actively jeopardizing your safety and that of the people around you, is that how to coexist in a diverse society?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by emekaRaj(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
CoolUsername:

By praying on the road you are actively jeopardizing your safety and that of the people around you, is that how to coexist in a diverse society?

I have answered ur question, this one is unnecessary the risk is mine, and I will gladly die worshiping the almighty, he gave us life and to him we will returned. let's not even go into discussin how to coexist in a diverse society bcoz that will be a long discussion. if u tune to Islam channel on Friday on dstv, u will see that this also happens in Britain one of the most organized society and they even have police protecting them. every religion has one way or the other that they also cause discomfort

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by CoolUsername: 11:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
emekaRaj:

I have answered ur question, this one is unnecessary the risk is mine, and I will gladly die worshiping the almighty, he gave us life and to him we will returned. let's not even go into discussin how to coexist in a diverse society bcoz that will be a long discussion. if u tune to Islam channel on Friday on dstv, u will see that this also happens in Britain one of the most organized society and they even have police protecting them. every religion has one way or the other that they also cause discomfort

Look, if you want to die for your religious beliefs, more power to you - I see that as natural selection. My problem is knowingly involving others. It is completely unacceptable to expect people to fall in line because for a religion that they didn't sign up for. See what Muslims did to that female evangelist not too long ago.

It's funny that you brought up Britain, a place where police refused to investigate Muslim child rape gangs because they didn't want to be accused of racism. Of all the good qualities we could emulate from Britain, should it really be the preferential treatment of Muslims that we should imbibe?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by emekaRaj(m): 12:00am On Aug 05, 2018
CoolUsername:

Look, if you want to die for your religious beliefs, more power to you - I see that as natural selection. My problem is knowingly involving others. It is completely unacceptable to expect people to fall in line because for a religion that they didn't sign up for. See what Muslims did to that female evangelist not too long ago.

It's funny that you brought up Britain, a place where police refused to investigate Muslim child rape gangs because they didn't want to be accused of racism. Of all the good qualities we could emulate from Britain, should it really be the preferential treatment of Muslims that we should imbibe?

again I will repeat what I said b4, the topic of the discussion has been cleared, the op want to know d reasons and I cleared that. an I believe he genuinely wanted to understand the situation, if not I wouldn't bother commenting, but I understand ur agenda perfectly well and am not going to engage u on anything else unless its about Friday prayers dat is d topic of discussion, bcoz I know if I continue u will kip derailing even to the point of mentioning herdsmen, Fulani, Buhari, bokoharam.

oga that is the reason Friday prayers causes hold up. if u have any other issues open a thread for that. not that u will see commenting anyway

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Amberon11: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2018
What do you mean by the bolded? Have you ever seen Christians praying on the road? Obviously if there are too many cars going at the same time there would be traffic that is usually the case on Sundays wanted Christians go to church and it totally different from standing on the road and praying.
emekaRaj:

it's not our plan to do that, it's just a circumstances we found our self in that causes that. we apologize for any discomfort cause to you, but u will do the same if are in our situation. as a matter of fact I have seen in different locations were Sunday worship in church also cause hold ups.

the truth is dis....... our Friday prayers is obligatory and the most important of all prayers just like Sunday worship in church. but unlike Christians who have specific churches to attend their Sunday worship that's is not the case with Muslim, Quran instructed us to gathered every Friday in a bigger central mosque in our area, which means we all in that area have to leave the small mosque in our street and go the central mosque in the area. which is why u always see the smaller mosque in every area closed every Friday, bcoz everyone is going to the central mosque. now imagine all the Christrians have to leave their church in an area (let's say agege) and gathered in one church in the area and worship at the same time, am sure no matter how big the church is it wouldnt be able to take 40% of the Christians in that area and the remaining 60 percent would be left outside.

that is the dilemma we are facing as a Muslim it's not our wish to cause traffic. same thing happened to me yesterday, I dnt like been late for Friday prayers bcoz I like to pray inside the mosque, but unfortunately I was late yesterday ,so inside the mosque is full, the remaining space around the mosque is full and I had to pray on d road.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Amberon11: 6:32am On Aug 05, 2018
Can you just imagine?
emekaRaj:
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Amberon11: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2018
I was surprised about my experience in the UAE. They're not as crazy as our Nigerian Muslims.

You dare not pray on the road or try to obstruct movement while doing your prayers. It is simply unacceptable and this is a Muslim country.

Well it's only in the north and south west they can try that one. Try it in Port Harcourt or Warri that day your agbada go hook barbed wire.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by alBHAGDADI: 7:03am On Aug 05, 2018
emekaRaj:

What if an ambulance was to ply that road with a patient that needs emergency treatment. You mean the patient will have to suffer death just cos you want to please your god?

What if a tanker falls on spills its oil close to where you guys have blocked the road?

Doing dumb and wicked things doesn't please God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by milemimi93(m): 7:03am On Aug 05, 2018
I need a sound minded Christian to give a logical reason or reasons as to why Christianity followers love to disturb the peace of others and also collect money from others by praying at the motor parks and market places.

1.Does the Bible orders Christians to collect money from people in the name of praying for them?

2. What sense does it make after preaching at the motor parks you still rob the listners of this little money by lying to them to give you money for mission work when we all know that the money will end up in your pocket?

3. If the Muslims, Bhuddhist, Hindus and the hundreds of world religions do the same, what would be the case

4. If the Bible never instructed Christians to collect people money at motor parks after praying for them, then, is it some kind of stealing or joblessness

The painful thing is that they even go ahead rob the travelers of their hard earn money by puttin fear of accident in them if the don't give them money.

Did Jesus collects money from people while praying for them?

I need Christians to be bold enough to give us sound and logical answers to these questions.

No insult is needed here. Remember we all have that beastly aspect in us, no monopoly to madness..

Respect80
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by emekaRaj(m): 7:36am On Aug 05, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
What if an ambulance was to ply that road with a patient that needs emergency treatment. You mean the patient will have to suffer death just cos you want to please your god?

What if a tanker falls on spills its oil close to where you guys have blocked the road?

Doing dumb and wicked things doesn't please God.

all this talk will not help u and I, it is wat it is, am not the one that put them on the road, I only explain the reason, not that am justifying it. the prayer is going to be prayed weather u like it or not, it's their right, and am telling you they only use the road bcoz they have no choice, not for propaganda or wickedness.

as for the ambulance and tanker spill, u are just been petty, mater of fact they have personel that controls the traffic and direct cars to follow alternative route. tragedy happens everyday, I have seen were trailer fell an burn ppl chilling in their house.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by alBHAGDADI: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2018
emekaRaj:

all this talk will not help u and I, it is wat it is, am not the one that put them on the road, I only explain the reason, not that am justifying it. the prayer is going to be prayed weather u like it or not, it's their right, and am telling you they only use the road bcoz they have no choice, not for propaganda or wickedness.

as for the ambulance and tanker spill, u are just been petty, mater of fact they have personel that controls the traffic and direct cars to follow alternative route. tragedy happens everyday, I have seen were trailer fell an burn ppl chilling in their house.
Your reasons are very stupid.

Why block a public road for personal interest? If the central mosque can't contain everyone, why not build a bigger one or make everyone stay in their local mosque? Which Quran verse mandates every Muslim to go to the central mosque on Fridays?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by alBHAGDADI: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2018
milemimi93:
I need a sound minded Christian to give a logical reason or reasons as to why Christianity followers love to disturb the peace of others and also collect money from others by praying at the motor parks and market places.

1.Does the Bible orders Christians to collect money from people in the name of praying for them?

2. What sense does it make after preaching at the motor parks you still rob the listners of this little money by lying to them to give you money for mission work when we all know that the money will end up in your pocket?

3. If the Muslims, Bhuddhist, Hindus and the hundreds of world religions do the same, what would be the case

4. If the Bible never instructed Christians to collect people money at motor parks after praying for them, then, is it some kind of stealing or joblessness

The painful thing is that they even go ahead rob the travelers of their hard earn money by puttin fear of accident in them if the don't give them money.

Did Jesus collects money from people while praying for them?

I need Christians to be bold enough to give us sound and logical answers to these questions.

No insult is needed here. Remember we all have that beastly aspect in us, no monopoly to madness..

Respect80
No

We condemn whoever is doing such because the Bible doesn't support it.

Now, can you condemn your brothers for blocking the road all in the name of praying? If you can't, then give us a Quran verse that mandates it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by milemimi93(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
No

We condemn whoever is doing such because the Bible doesn't support it.

Now, can you condemn your brothers for blocking the road all in the name of praying? If you can't, then give us a Quran verse that mandates it.

what's the prove dat u have condemd? If truly u have condemd it, why are they springin up in masses? Or haven't u gone to motor parks and markets places lately?

PS. I'm not a Muslim just that I hate hypocrites.

You people keep critising Muslims for praying in the open places yet you all stay at motor parks and markets to pray and even rob people of their money at the process of praying.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by respect80(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2018
emekaRaj:

U r well mannered I must say.
However, I sincerely wish other Muslims understand as much as you do and don't see such act as a right.
Also, I hope we sincerely work towards a balanced solution for this situation cos I believe if things are done rightly, things like this shouldn't be a problem

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by alBHAGDADI: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2018
milemimi93:

what's the prove dat u have condemd? If truly u have condemd it, why are they springin up in masses? Or haven't u gone to motor parks and markets places lately?

PS. I'm not a Muslim just that I hate hypocrites.

You people keep critising Muslims for praying in the open places yet you all stay at motor parks and markets to pray and even rob people of their money at the process of praying.
First and foremost, there is no law banning public preaching in Nigeria. Secondly, I only condemn those extorting money as you claim.

Lastly, those who preach in public do not prevent others from going about their normal lives. Muslims blocking a fill street to pray is wrong because it prevents other from moving freely.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by milemimi93(m): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=alBHAGDADI post=69998109][/quote]

Muslims pray in the open and BLOCK ROADS.

Christians pray in the open and EXTORT MONEY FROM PEOPLE.

Which of the above should be called for concern?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by alBHAGDADI: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2018
milemimi93:

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Look, I've never seen any Christian praying and extorting Money from people on the street. I'm just hearing it from you. You even make it seem like it is so rampant, as if it is easy to make people part ways with their hard earned money. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2018
milemimi93:

Your assertion are wrong. Muslims don't block roads neither do Christians exhort money. Although many of the bolded does that but not all as you try to potray
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by milemimi93(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Your assertion are wrong. Muslims don't block roads neither do Christians exhort money. Although many of the bolded does that but not all as you try to potray
the thread talks about Muslims blocking roads for prayers so I also pointed out Christians flaws which is extorting money from people.
If u think Christians don't extort money then go to motor parks and market places you'll see them.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2018
milemimi93:
the thread talks about Muslims blocking roads for prayers so I also pointed out Christians flaws which is extorting money from people.
If u think Christians don't extort money then go to motor parks and market places you'll see them.
Those are not Christians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Downloading Quran On Phones / Islam And Unfaithful Wife / Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.