Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD (6122 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / My Brother Just Sent Me Cars From Canada.i Want To Sell Few Of Them. / What Car Will You Advice Me To Buy For 300-400k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by chukel(m): 8:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Explorers:

The dealer tagged the car CLEAN TITLE/ACCIDENT FREE from the United States, and that's the reason for that particular thread.

The price is not my business.
https://www.nairaland.com/4475968/275-u.s-2.2m-nigeria-see
Thats the link and topic to the thread. It wasn't just about lying it was clean title, it was also about the price which your title succinctly captured.

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by ejembi28(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Na market you wan sell sef. I come dey here dey waste my time type...

Bros try to read and comprehends nau,
You guys are only blaming the OP when the did had been done with without proffer solution

The person you quoted above (deltel) was trying to help the Op out if auctionexport will allowed him to handled inland transportation and shipping,

Which might reduced the above sum quote by auctionexport,

I feel the pain of OP right now ..he failed to do his due diligence and consultation.

This is just a bitter lesson to learn .

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2018
Kewtt:
Hahaha... I am only bidding for egunmogaji's machines... deliverables at Ibadan.

The business principle is simple:

1 ) Second owner cars bought direct from owners or banks.

2 ) Never salvaged title. Never in an accident.

3 ) Shipped to Lagos in sealed container and trucked directly to the warehouse in Ibadan.

4 ) Sales prices clearly labelled and non negotiable.

5 ) No test drives, so truly tokunbo and not naija used.

6 ) Backed with a free 3 day money back guarantee in case it's not as advertised.

7 ) Backed by a free 1 month/1,000 mile powertrain warranty.

8 ) Layaway and finance plans offered.

grin

2 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Kewtt: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2018
EgunMogaji:

3 ) Shipped to Lagos in sealed container and trucked directly to the warehouse in Ibadan.

6 ) Backed with a free 3 day money back guarantee in case it's not as advertised.

grin
I am in.

3 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Explorers(m): 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
chukel:
https://www.nairaland.com/4475968/275-u.s-2.2m-nigeria-see
Thats the link and topic to the thread. It wasn't just about lying it was clean title, it was also about the price which your title succinctly captured.

Let me make it clear, its all about audience.

Sometimes, when you're trying to pass a message across, you try as much as possible to make it reach as many people as possible.

If ive written 'My boss bought an accident vehicle from a dealer', that thread wouldnt have gotten much attention, like no be today or so what's the deal.

That's why the price was added to the topic, to bring in people, to let them know what's going.

That how i create my threads, compare all my threads with their source, i add details to the topics.

Who am i to go against accidented vehicles or teach people how to run their businesses.

But i believe customers deserve to know what they're buying and i dont think thats too much.

If am a dealer and am buying a salvaged car from the U.S., the cars is $200.

There will be additional fee/processing fee, ground transportation(towing/trucking) which the cost depends on how far from the point of purchase to the seaport, ocean transportation/shipping, custom clearing, and cost of repairing(changing of damaged parts and respraying).

I will also make my gain/profit too because is my business, so i know how it works.

I say again, the price is not my business but he lied to the buyer about the history.

If you guys still think otherwise about creating the topic, then is a free world. We are all entitled to our opinion.

6 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by DelTel(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
chukel:
let's be sincere here. If OP intends selling this ride on arrival, how much do you think this vehicle will go for, considering all these costs, clearing and of course repairs and his profit. Let's not be deceived by the dentless body. This type of car consumes more money than one that has minimal visible dent. Let's just be objective here. Mind you, op was not taken advantage of. All those charges were there even before he placed his bid. If he did not bother to check, that's his mistake.

You comparing apple to orange; is the Op a dealer? Is there any dealer that buys from this site in question? Is there any dealer that will buy from NV?

Perhaps, if there is, then he/she hasn't earned the tag to be called a dealer.

That's the difference btw a dealer & a random one-off buyer like the Op so this transaction can't & shouldn't be used as a means to justify the contentious $200 case.

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by chukel(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
DelTel:

You comparing apple to orange; is the Op a dealer? Is there any dealer that buys from this site in question? Is there any dealer that will buy from NV?

Perhaps, if there is, then he/she hasn't earned the tag to be called a dealer.

That's the difference btw a dealer & a random one-off buyer like the Op so this transaction can't & shouldn't be used as a means to justify the contentious $200 case.
how do dealers start. You think they just pop out and start big. Most start small like this. Once you buy a car for resale, you are a dealer. You must not be registered. I know a lot of them who started out on auction export. Again the $275 corolla dealer bought from california. How many miles is california from nevada. Mind you california does not ship roro. Most dealers don't containerise for such cars. Your argument is highly flawed. There are other costs incurred in buying a car no matter how cheap. Do you know that most cars on auction in california have outstanding DMV fees that buyer would pay? Do you actually know cost of trucking from california to texas.
Note that dealers buy high end cars from such very far away location. It's very economical to buy a $10000 car from nevada and truck to texas at $875.

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by chukel(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
Explorers:

Let me make it clear, its all about audience.

Sometimes, when you're trying to pass a message across, you try as much as possible to make it reach as many people as possible.

If ive written 'My boss bought an accident vehicle from a dealer', that thread wouldnt have gotten much attention, like no be today or so what's the deal.

That's why the price was added to the topic, to bring in people, to let them know what's going.

That how i create my threads, compare all my threads with their source, i add details to the topics.

Who am i to go against accidented vehicles or teach people how to run their businesses.

But i believe customers deserve to know what they're buying and i dont think thats too much.

If am a dealer and am buying a salvaged car from the U.S., the cars is $200.

There will be additional fee/processing fee, ground transportation(towing/trucking) which the cost depends on how far from the point of purchase to the seaport, ocean transportation/shipping, custom clearing, and cost of repairing(changing of damaged parts and respraying).

I will also make my gain/profit too because is my business, so i know how it works.

I say again, the price is not my business but he lied to the buyer about the history.

If you guys still think otherwise about creating the topic, then is a free world. We are all entitled to our opinion.
no at the emboldened. On the contrary, I think it's all about likes. That deceptive caption can lead a lot of people like OP into losing money. They see $275 (less than 100k) and see 2.2m, with the barrage of post calling that dealer a thief and a greedy man, then think all that is involved will be less than 500k. You were the first on that thread to make a deceptive cost analysis. I have aggressively condemned dealers/sellers who do not make true and full disclosures, but putting up deceptive story to garner likes is as guilty as the dealer who gave false disclosure. Money is hard to come by.

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Geniro: 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
chukel:
Thank you. People will just come online and deceive others into ventures that they will eventually lose money in. I'm sure OP went thru the $275 corolla thread. I'm certain OP will be shocked at the extent of mechanical repair needed for that ford if he eventually imports.

Stop importing your car business bias into this. You don't buy an accidented vehicle and sell it for premium.
That was the case in the referenced thread.
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by chukel(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Geniro:

Stop importing your car business bias into this. You don't buy an accidented vehicle and sell it for premium.
That was the case in the referenced thread.
go and read the first page alone and tell me that thread was only about the non disclosure and not also the cost. Stop displaying your laziness here. Read the thread.

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Geniro: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
chukel:
go and read the first page alone and tell me that thread was only about the non disclosure and not also the cost. Stop displaying your laziness here. Read the thread.

Shut the hell up and stick to this thread. Advise the OP or ship out.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by chukel(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Geniro:

Shut the hell up and stick to this thread. Advise the OP or ship out.
Simple.
lazy child. You can't read. You also can't comprehend. Just good at insults. Sorry

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Geniro: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
chukel:
lazy child. You can't read. You also can't comprehend. Just good at insults. Sorry

Dubious adult. Stick to the thread. Your attempt to reinvigorate a lost battle is stupid.
Cheers
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Readonee35L(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2018
Explorers:

The dealer tagged the car CLEAN TITLE/ACCIDENT FREE from the United States, and that's the reason for that particular thread.

The price is not my business.
If it wasn't your business it won't be your topic title .

3 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Readonee35L(m): 9:30am On Aug 06, 2018
chukel:
if you really want to be honest here you would state that the only issue on that thread wasn't just false declaration but also the purchase and selling price. Even the topic highlighted a corolla bought for $275 and sold for 2m. If it was only the false declaration, the cost wouldn't have come up as for all other cars that were flagged for the same offence.
Don't mind the guy. Na now him one change mouth . angry

1 Like

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by diportivo: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2018
wtf is happening here sef

op was confused and came to ask questions....Una wey sabi don answer am come abuse am join

after Una come start to dey fight Una sef angry

wetin sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Readonee35L(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

grin
Nigerians here are not ready.
Most of the people hailing you here will flee when you tell them a 2007 Camry is 3.5 million naira.
They don't even want to know if it's clean title or low mile.

The people here like to run mouth but their words mean nothing. When money is involved they will bring in village sense and flee.

3 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
Readonee35L:

Nigerians here are not ready.
Most of the people hailing you here will flee when you tell them a 2007 Camry is 3.5 million naira.
They don't even want to know if it's clean title or low mile.

The people here like to run mouth but their words mean nothing. When money is involved they will bring in village sense and flee.

I think the demographics that I’m aiming for is ready.

Market research has been done. Nairalanders are not my core target.
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I think the demographics that I’m aiming for is ready.

Market research has been done. Nairalanders are not my core target.

I think it's all about making appropriate compromises, imo. A car in the state you've described is the ideal buy, but would I shell out 3.5m for a 2007 Camry? No way. I like to think most people share a similar opinion.

When buying a car toks, I think a good rule of thumb is to convert the minimum kbb value to naira, and make the appropriate compromises to get the vehicle's total cost at the price point–be it by buying something with a salvage title, or snagging decent deals on Craigslist and co. KBB value for a clean title 07 Camry is what, $6k? That comes out to about 2.2m.

But then again, I'm not your target demographic. wink
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I think it's all about making appropriate compromises, imo. A car in the state you've described is the ideal buy, but would I shell out 3.5m for a 2007 Camry? No way. I like to think most people share a similar opinion.

When buying a car toks, I think a good rule of thumb is to convert the minimum kbb value to naira, and make the appropriate compromises to get the vehicle's total cost at the price point–be it by buying something with a salvage title, or snagging decent deals on Craigslist and co. KBB value for a clean title 07 Camry is what, $6k? That comes out to about 2.2m.

But then again, I'm not your target demographic. wink

You don’t know what my targeted demographics are.

I just did another business registration and I used a Nairalander. I paid him about 4 times what I knew I could have done it for myself.

Why?

Value of time to me as well as opportunity cost of that time.

There are many Nigerians doing great things and accomplishing great things who have no time to be trawling Craigslist.

If you can score great deals yourself, fantastic.

The tools and resources of doing so are not patented wink

2 Likes

Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by HoodBillionaire: 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
abegi
all these toks cars are 5th hand
6th hand
e pay make ai buy clean naija used dan buying frm copart
abegi
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by RightWayauto: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello our dear prospective client for your car issue problems and services kindly endeavour to contact us for a computerised diagnosis Head officeNo4 bode kumapayi street iworoad Ibadan Oyo state @Right Way automobile contact. The Director Mr Ayoola Afolabi:08111275719
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by sonety2k(m): 5:35am On Aug 12, 2018
mmb:
I bided for a ford explorer 2003 model on auctionexport.com which I won for 300 USD

Auction export thereafter sent me an invoice with a total bill payable of 3,153 USD.

I have already asked them to cancel the bid and charge me the 1000 USD, because I might end of losing more than the 1000USD if I go ahead with the purchase.

Do we call this an exploitation?

Let buy for you Driectly from IAA Auction that's close to the port .
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by sonety2k(m): 5:37am On Aug 12, 2018
mmb:
I bided for a ford explorer 2003 model on auctionexport.com which I won for 300 USD

Auction export thereafter sent me an invoice with a total bill payable of 3,153 USD.

I have already asked them to cancel the bid and charge me the 1000 USD, because I might end of losing more than the 1000USD if I go ahead with the purchase.

Do we call this an exploitation?

Let buy for you Driectly from IAA Auction that's close to the port .

https://www.nairaland.com/564367/pre-ordering-usa-real-time-bidding
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by odimbannamdi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
DelTel:
Waowww! Sorry for your situation.
But there must've been some agreement/terms & conditions before buying thru them. Your seller is a third party as the original vehicle seller is IAA not where you purchased it.

To reduce the cost, ask them if you can handle your inland transport & shipping yourself/elsewhere; then contact me to help you out (that will surely cut the price by almost half).

It's way better you ask plenty questions before dealing with organization/people. They should have educated you on where to buy, and not to buy, as per location. Agreed Nevada ain't a good location but still.

A (good) Nigerian with same bidding account rights as your albatross won't charge you up to a tenth of what you paying now.

Hello bro,

I am looking to buy a vehicle from AuctionExport. Please can you help me with the emboldened when I am ready?
Re: I Won A Car For 300 USD But Auctioneer Sent Me A Bill Of 3,153 USD by DelTel(m): 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro,

I am looking to buy a vehicle from AuctionExport. Please can you help me with the emboldened when I am ready?

Good day.

Not a problem, do contact me whenever you are ready, GSM call and WhatsApp 08188631785.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lexus Es 330 Or Muscle Camry Sport / Help - My Peugeot 406 Goes While On Motion / What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.