Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

“yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says (34142 Views)

I Decided To Cook Jollof Rice Today / How To Cook Jollof Spaghetti With Vegetables : Easy And Delicious / Man Says He Found Black Spots On Pure Bliss Wafer Biscuits, Raises Alarm (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Probz(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2019
milemimi93:
Calabar women are the best cooks in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere.

Nah. Igbos lead the roost where cooking is concerned. Cross River ‘party’ jollof isn’t anything to write home about either.

1 Like

Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by ewa26: 3:40am On May 09, 2020
Csami:
With pepper and oil abi

what jollof will you even cook without oil or pepper?
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Nobody: 11:45am On May 09, 2020
Huh? Say what?

For the Majority here who claimed they ate the jollof at Yoruba parties and therefore based their judgement on that are wrong cos most party food are prepared by "Olopos" and these Olopos are from Togo and Egun. They do the most cooking of the rice. while yorubas among them only make Amala, moimoi and other menus for the event. I'm talking matter of factly because I'm into catering as well.
If you doubt, visit a Yoruba at home and eat thier homemade jollof you'll know this post is not true.

I'm Igbo and I cook any kind of jollof from party" jollof to other types and I mean for events and not with gas o; fire wood with those huge pots. That is what gives you the sweetness of "party" jollof and not all these gas cooked version that tastes dry and bland.
Though Ive stopped for sometime now cos it a stressful job but that does not mean I can't cook it any longer. Even with my eyes closed, I can.

So its something one can learn.
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by ewa26: 2:49am On May 10, 2020
Eulalia:
Huh? Say what?

For the Majority here who claimed they ate the jollof at Yoruba parties and therefore based their judgement on that are wrong cos most party food are prepared by "Olopos" and these Olopos are from Togo and Egun. They do the most cooking of the rice. while yorubas among them only make Amala, moimoi and other menus for the event. I'm talking matter of factly because I'm into catering as well.
If you doubt, visit a Yoruba at home and eat thier homemade jollof you'll know this post is not true.

I'm Igbo and I cook any kind of jollof from party" jollof to other types and I mean for events and not with gas o; fire wood with those huge pots. That is what gives you the sweetness of "party" jollof and not all these gas cooked version that tastes dry and bland.
Though Ive stopped for sometime now cos it a stressful job but that does not mean I can't cook it any longer. Even with my eyes closed, I can.

So its something one can learn.

so how do yoruba people themselves cook regular jollof rice compared to in igboland? do igbos have party jollof?
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by anuofGod(f): 5:12pm On May 10, 2020
Please who knows the Yoruba name for fenugreek?
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 10, 2020
anuofGod:
Please who knows the Yoruba name for fenugreek?

I think its Eru
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Probz(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
Csami:
With pepper and oil abi

What sort of rice can you cook without pepper and oil?
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Prugee: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
Are you married, Happy, smart, intelligent, looking for other married people to talk and share ideas with on a WhatsApp group? This group gives you the freedom to unwind from every stress that comes with Marriage.

Please if you are not married, don't bother getting in touch with us because you won't be added to the group. Kindly chat us on WhatsApp on 08129087783
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Probz(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Shelumiel:
That is a lie from the pit of hell! The yorubas are good at cooking two things : ÉKuru and Éko. Finish

Igbos have more traditional food and best way of cooking in general but party jollof isn’t our strongest point if we’re being honest. I still love Igbo ceremonial jellof (probably more so than the much-acclaimed olopo jollof common to Yorubas) but there’s an element of truth in the title.
Re: “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says by Swiftgrp: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Priscy01:
A social media strategist, identified as Olumide Glowville who went viral after he publicly proposed to his girlfriend on the street they met five years ago, is making waves of Facebook due to a post he shared.

According to Olumide, the Yoruba tribe cooks even more better jollof rice than the Igbos.

Read his post below;
“Please tell my igbo friends that when it comes to jollof, it’s better left to Yorubas. This tomato rice they cook is not jollof rice! ”

https://www.torimill.co/news/9242/yorubas-cook-jollof-rice-better-than-igbos-nigerian-man-says.html

Bump.

Indeed... The Yoruba-styled smoky party Jollof rice is lit, and loved by not just Nigerians and expats, but even Asian and European-American folks in the U.S., UK, etc. They keep asking for more. 'Tolu Erogbogbo [a.k.a The Billionaire Chef] in California, and Buka 1/Buka 2 be making a killing here... Throw in some dodo [fried plantains] into the mix and feel like you're in a different culinary dimension. Smackdown!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! / Photos: Nigerian Man Wins Spicy Food Challenge In China / How Much Is Bag Of Pure Water In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.