Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most (46542 Views)

Delicious Nigerian Street Foods / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) / Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Saladin25(m): 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
Most of the foods you mentioned are similar to the ones we have in Nigeria, but that beans looks like paw paw seed or goat faeces.
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Cameroonglass(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
this article is false.,,,,,,,,,, please ,,,,thread closed
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Ndjones(m): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is roasted plantains and plum.This one is also nice and it is very common in Cameroon.
when I saw plum I knew she's a Cameroonian. Over here we called it pear. I missed Cameroon sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Ndjones(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next street food is skewered snails.This one is very tasty especially when pepper is added.
Wow! popularly called "yamangoro" over there

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by FitnesScientist: 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
thatigboman:
we dont call it plum in Nigeria. Plum is a different fruit here. We call it pear or ube

The OP is a Cameroonian!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Cameroonglass(m): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
where is the bobolo and fish,,, where is our water fufu and Ero, where is our black soup, where is our groundnut soup and rice? Op please u need to be updated

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by 4pppp(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Op you wan finish me abi chia, i remember how i use to enjoy this things when i was in Cameroon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by benjazmin: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
is dat roasted beans with puff puff?..... I see y d people just dey somehow.
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by CaptainKodak(m): 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
Black beans? U fear o
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by CaptainKodak(m): 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2018
Black beans? I fear o
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by easzypeaszy(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
phase1:

Why do enjoy cursing out and swearing at everything. Are you nigerians mentally deranged?
nt dat but its lik sayin "check out what me and my family does everyday b4 going out" den u open expctin somtin cool...n u end up seein him eatin....who d F dnt fckin do dt at home
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by asdfjklhaha(f): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
HypocriticalMod:
Would love to taste this.
its sold here in Nigeria. name here is masa
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by FitnesScientist: 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
phase1:

Why do enjoy cursing out and swearing at everything. Are you nigerians mentally deranged?

Tu es un idi0t.
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by macaranta(m): 12:53am On Aug 05, 2018
MA fren gerrarrahere mehn... You came to Nigeria and coppied all our staple foods and claim they're yours
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2018
pxjosh:

Why is the beans looking like goat poo?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-b3zpCkN43Lg/W12gLyiGkgI/AAAAAAAANdM/8n5wlcSuw8AQxsWR1AEPKGblSr71a5O_gCLcBGAs/s320/vry1.gif[/img]

their own specie of beans is different from ours. french name for beans is "ariko" i dunno if i got the spelling, its been long men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:25am On Aug 05, 2018
Holocene:
All these are Nigerian food. our Cameroon brothers can't get enough of us.

Lol, I wouldn't mind marrying from Cameroon sha. Nice babes grin grin grin grin

cameroon have food but they dont know how to cook, i dont think all are Nigerian food.
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:33am On Aug 05, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is Accra banana.This one is different from Accra beans cause it is made with banana.Mostly with the bananas that are very ripe.

i think its called "benye farign" in french lang, i dunno if i got the spelling. its cool but i dont like it... cameroonians like to take it with "boue" (PAP). their pap is always watery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:38am On Aug 05, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is puff puff and beans.In Cameroon, it's slang name is achombo.A lot of youngsters love it

wow, i like this one a lot, its called "benye mayis" in french lang and "arico" (beans). really love it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:44am On Aug 05, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is roasted plantains and plum.This one is also nice and it is very common in Cameroon.

i concur with the things you listed but you 4got one thing which is very common amongst cameroonians, you 4got to mention "bobolo" they also call it "baton" and roasted fish "poison".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 2:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Topmaike007:
Op that is boli...in warri na wetin we dey call am be DAT....

In Cameroon, it is called "borning planti"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 2:56am On Aug 05, 2018
pasydron:

And Bobolo combined with groundnut paste.... �

You mean "mboh" and/ egusi pudding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 2:59am On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=Idrismusty97 post=69986178]www.nairaland.com/attachments/7515817_accrabeanscameroon_jpegb78517ed2330bb6d3b9fe2e41b6151c1
This is called Kosai or Akara

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7515835_accrabanana_jpeg63773da054f3c0b23c7a96cd4ae5a4ba
This is called Buns or Puff puff

It is not puff puff or buns. It is akra banana. Made with casava and very ripe banana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 3:01am On Aug 05, 2018
larrybabanla:
which kain beans b dis?

Black kidney beans
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 3:02am On Aug 05, 2018
thatigboman:
we dont call it plum in Nigeria. Plum is a different fruit here. We call it pear or ube

In Cameroon, it is called plum. Avocado is called pear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Chigold101(m): 3:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Rexia:
The next one which I like so much is coconut sweet.It is very sweet.
please stop this na... Oh just like yesterday
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Chigold101(m): 3:06am On Aug 05, 2018
Rexia:
where is roasted fish na?
Awwwwwwww... How could you have missed that?

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 3:10am On Aug 05, 2018
Cameroonglass:
where is the bobolo and fish,,, where is our water fufu and Ero, where is our black soup, where is our groundnut soup and rice? Op please u need to be updated

Cheriecoco, she's referring to street food. Like simple snacks you can easily buy on the streets not regular meals. Oversabi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 3:11am On Aug 05, 2018
FitnesScientist:

Tu es un idi0t.

Francaişe! Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by henmaris: 3:12am On Aug 05, 2018
Prosperchuks1344:

i concur with the things you listed but you 4got one thing which is very common amongst cameroonians, you 4got to mention "bobolo" they also call it "baton" and roasted fish "poison".

You are very correct. Miondo or bobolo and "borning fish"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by olmoRoc: 4:54am On Aug 05, 2018
Just wondering if the OP grew up in Naija!
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by larrybabanla(m): 5:12am On Aug 05, 2018
henmaris:

Black kidney beans
oh i see, tnk u
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by xtenxive(m): 5:13am On Aug 05, 2018
Rexia:
Hello everyone! I made a thread on Cameroon dishes but those ones are the mostly eaten at home.The ones that I am about list now are eaten in the streets.So let's get started!

Are you Cameroonian or you are just based there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / This Nigerian Man Has Masters Degree In Eating (Photos, Video) / Man Caught Slaughtering Wild Birds For Sale (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.