Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs (9188 Views)

Why Are People Claiming 2013-2017 Honda Accord Is Expensive To Maintain / Honda CR-V Vs Toyota RAV4 (2008-2010) / Neatly Used Honda CR-V For Sale@500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Readonee35L(m): 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Vin clone for duty purpose.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by calculation(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
9icetoo:
Nawao. See Italian job.
Perfect Italian Job.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by thebigkendo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
9icetoo:
Nawao. See Italian Mexican job.

calculation:

Perfect Italian Mexican Job.

Fixed angry
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by sultaan(m): 12:02am On Aug 07, 2018
Readonee35L:
Vin clone for duty purpose.

Possibly, but we also have to look at the stolen vehicle aspect of Vin cloning.
Now if you run the Vin number on the frame, glove, and trunk shows clean title than reason for cloning can be confirmed

1 Like

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
What happens when an unscrupulous Nigerian Auto salesman exports his dishonest behaviour to civilized society.

1 Like

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2018

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Alvin007: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2018
The end!

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
This is terrible. but one more thing we need to thrash.

As a car dealer, being transparent by providing every detail necessary to perform some level of control check is not an option(its mandatory) .... except, of course; u r trying to be dubious.

the curious case of calculux.

he let out more than necessary by allowing a potential customer have unfettered access to vital documents that should be read only and not editable nor savable. why would u allow a a client handle vital documents to the extent he photocopied it? seeing and taking/copying the c number is enough detail.

photocopying on the other hand, gives the client access to view the port of entry and all. other unnecessary info that can be used in cloning it.

when customs stop u on the road, they don't just verify the vin and colour of vehicle.... they verify the duty amount paid and the year/model(most of the time).

I don't think any scammer would be photographic enough to capture all those info at a glance and even if there exists such guys then one can adopt other control measures when handling customers in person.

using that as an excuse for not providing vin for vehicle sale ads is as lame as a lama doing frog jump.

if someone comes to ur yard to inspect a vehicle with intention of cloning it with JUST vin will u use that Gazuzz customer's total package insurance to know the scammer's heart? so why should posting vin online be different?

2 Likes

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
This is terrible. but one more thing we need to thrash.

As a car dealer, being transparent by providing every detail necessary to perform some level of control check is not an option(its mandatory) .... except, of course; u r trying to be dubious.

the curious case of calculux.

he let out more than necessary by allowing a potential customer have unfettered access to vital documents that should be read only and not editable nor savable. why would u allow a a client handle vital documents to the extent he photocopied it? seeing and taking/copying the c number is enough detail.

photocopying on the other hand, gives the client access to view the port of entry and all. other unnecessary info that can be used in cloning it.

when customs stop u on the road, they don't just verify the vin and colour of vehicle.... they verify the duty amount paid and the year/model(most of the time).

I don't think any scammer would be photographic enough to capture all those info at a glance and even if there exists such guys then one can adopt other control measures when handling customers in person.

using that as an excuse for not providing vin for vehicle sale ads is as lame as a lama doing frog jump.

if someone comes to ur yard to inspect a vehicle with intention of cloning it with JUST vin will u use that Gazuzz customer's total package insurance to know the scammer's heart? so why should posting vin online be different?

Good points.

It was probably the physical access to the documents that facilitated the scheme, contrary to the storyline he and people like him would have us all believe.

His story doesn't quite add up, anyway. He's supposed to have been in this for donkey years, so if a client showed up requesting details to verify import duty payment he should and would have know better than to hand over the entire document for copies to be made. As you mentioned, just the C Number and perhaps some other information would have been required for that.

I certainly don't see why copies of documents would be requested or offered that early in the process, but in any case, that version of events has no logical link with providing the VIN for advertised vehicles.

Its merely a seemingly convenient excuse.

2 Likes

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2018
thebigkendo:

Fixed angry

the boss, there is another thread confirming that the Indians in New Delhi tí take ova.... dunno if u have seen it tho....

now its the Indians
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by computerglobal(m): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2018
generationz:

hello

please can you help me check this ViN

1NXBE40E49Z062306

You can contact me for your report
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 8:33am On Sep 10, 2018
generationz:

hello

please can you help me check this ViN

1NXBE40E49Z062306

Here you go.

AutoCheck report PDF is attached

This is an XRS, I've always wondered if they actually handled as great as they're reputed to, though this is a 5AT, not the famous 5MT.

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2018
Cosplay:

Here you go.

AutoCheck report PDF is attached

This is an XRS, I've always wondered if they actually handled as great as they're reputed to, though this is a 5AT, not the famous 5MT.

can't open file
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

can't open file

Try opening it through your device file system, not the browser.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2018
Cosplay:

Try opening it through your device file system, not the browser.

me no problem, but generationz undecided
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2018
In that case I'll send it to an email address if one is made available.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2018
generationz:

thanks so much cosplay

I went through the PDF.file but I wasn't hundred percent sure I interpreted everything well

it says it has no damage record but was salvaged?
I don't gerrit

https://www.nairaland.com/4709125/

that's the thread for the car sale I will soon remove it so as not to spoil someones market

I want to recommend for someone

We have divergent opinions about the VIN being hidden because making it available may "spoil someone's market "

Anyway the vehicle appears to have been damaged, possibly hail or some other non-accident damage, or indeed there may have been a collision not recorded as an accident by the insurance company/reporting authority, in January 2011 in Virginia.

It was designated salvage and a total loss between January - March 2011 in Virginia, then it was moved to Michigan in July 2011, possibly had some repair work done and given a rebuilt title, it was probably exported from the US in 2011/2012.

Regarding your recommendation based on the present condition of the vehicle, that would primarily hinge on the vehicle getting a thorough and skilled inspection. When vehicles have been used in Nigeria for that long the inspection is vital.

Also mention to the other party that this isn't the regular Toyota Corolla, the XRS had the 2.4l i4 from the Camry, not the 1.8l the base/LE/S/XLE of that generation had. It also had the 5MT/5AT, not the 4MT/4AT.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
generationz:

so it's not a corolla sport

Technically it's not, that Corolla generation had the Base, LE, XLE, Sport, and the XRS trims.

However this is arguably the most sporty a Corolla from that generation got.

Summary: This is 'better' than the Corolla Sport from that generation.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by uwemjack(m): 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
uwemjack:

This car here
https://autoauctions.io/app/5701058/2015-bmw-i8

same car here

https://www.copart.com/lot/44057748/

Yes, I'm familiar with this vehicle, the apparent backstory was that after the initial accident which damaged the front bumper, left headlamp assembly and left fender with some left frame rail and other underlying damage, State Farm assessors disassembled the vehicle, possibly to ascertain the level of the damage and possible frame extension, in the process they eventually decided to just declare it a total loss and sent it off for the auction.

Some enterprising fellow got the vehicle, put it back together (or tried to) and sent it back to the auction. Difference between the original winning bid for the first insurance sale and the eventual bid the second time was close to 8000 USD or thereabouts.

Detailed investigation would reveal the true history.

1 Like

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Damitimo: 6:40am On Oct 30, 2018
This thread sweet me die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by kayjasper(f): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
Cosplay:

Yes, I'm familiar with this vehicle, the apparent backstory was that after the initial accident which damaged the front bumper, left headlamp assembly and left fender with some left frame rail and other underlying damage, State Farm assessors disassembled the vehicle, possibly to ascertain the level of the damage and possible frame extension, in the process they eventually decided to just declare it a total loss and sent it off for the auction.

Some enterprising fellow got the vehicle, put it back together (or tried to) and sent it back to the auction. Difference between the original winning bid for the first insurance sale and the eventual bid the second time was close to 8000 USD or thereabouts.

Please can you check your mail sir
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by ibro2much(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2018
Cosplay:

Pls check your mail
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by Cosplay: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
ibro2much:

Pls check your mail

Apologies, I may have missed this. Kindly resend if it's still pertinent.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by adanny01(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
My conclusion is that the white CRV is stolen.

A VIN check will just confuse anyone who wants to check but the fact is the original vin for the white car is what whoever did the job is trying to hide.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by ibro2much(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
Cosplay:

Apologies, I may have missed this. Kindly resend if it's still pertinent.

Thanks,I have resend it to you.
Re: A Curious Tale Of Two 2017 Honda CR-Vs by seunfly: 3:12am On Mar 26, 2019
Uhmmmm!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GM Plans To Mass-Produce Self-Driving Car Without Steering Wheel & Pedal By 2019 / All About Davido’s Father: Cars, Houses, Private Jet, Net Worth And Rare Facts / Okada Riders Flouts Lagos Law On Restricted Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.