Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Nissan Xterra - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Xterra (2717 Views)

Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap / Nissan Xterra 4.0 2006 Needs New Engine. / Between Nissan Pathfinder And Nissan Xterra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Xterra by GentleChocho: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
Good day to all my esteemed car gurus,
Please I need your advise, how good is the Nissan xterra 2006 in terms of fuel economy, ruggedity, are they any hidden truths about this SUV?
Your comments are much appreciated

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra by nurey(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
GentleChocho:
Please I need your advise, how good is the Nissan xterra 2006 in terms of fuel economy, ruggedity, are they any hidden truths about this SUV?

2006ixty kini, that's a 2002-2004 xterra very rugged but fuel guzzler and prone to bushing change, it has a 4cylinder (143hp) and 3.3L V6 (180hp) turbo V6 (210hp), stick to the 6cylinder as the engine is common and adequate for the weight.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
GentleChocho:

Run. Na problem motor. Nissan too get sensor sensor and wiring problem. By Kazeem grin
Re: Nissan Xterra by atelysir(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

Run. Na problem motor. Nissan too get sensor sensor and wiring problem. By Kazeem grin
When you decide Sir
I am a Clearing and Forwarding Agent At Tin Can Port Island Apapa And A Car Dealer Apapa Berger Sir
Contact me for Purchase
Re: Nissan Xterra by diportivo: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
nurey:

2006ixty kini, that's a 2002-2004 xterra very rugged but fuel guzzler and prone to bushing change, it has a 4cylinder (143hp) and 3.3L V6 (180hp) turbo V6 (210hp), stick to the 6cylinder as the engine is common and adequate for the weight.

IV heard the bolded severally

and I get to wonder......cos mine doesn't guzzle fuel

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra by nurey(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
diportivo:

IV heard the bolded severally

and I get to wonder......cos mine doesn't guzzle fuel

compared to quest, pathfinder and frontier as miniature as the xterra looks the mpg isn't friendly. most people have met have bad mpg review. that can be attributed to its purely off road design
Re: Nissan Xterra by diportivo: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
nurey:

compared to quest, pathfinder and frontier as miniature as the xterra looks the mpg isn't friendly. most people have met have bad mpg review. that can be attributed to its purely off road design

it's acceleration is poor...hence the need to step on the gas more often

for those of us that take it slow,fuel economy is superb
Re: Nissan Xterra by nurey(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
diportivo:

it's acceleration is poor...hence the need to step on the gas more often

for those of us that take it slow,fuel economy is superb

its acceleration isn't the problem, I think its more of underpowered engine of both the i4 amd V6 only the turbo v6 tried at 210 or so.

a 1mz of same year does 210 naturally also the 3.4L in the 4runner.

the pathfinder is 180hp before the 3.5L 240hp

now with all that weight coupled with engine wear after some months in naija and shikini hp
Re: Nissan Xterra by CowbellY: 11:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
nurey:

Is the 1999 xterra better ?
Re: Nissan Xterra by nurey(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2018
CowbellY:

Is the 1999 xterra better ?

all xterra are solid but sometimes when we need ground clearance we tend to pick the wrong vehicle. if you are not a farmer who drives to forest and jungle a Nissan Xtrail will do just fine

1 Like

Re: Nissan Xterra by thebigkendo(m): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2018
nurey:

all xterra are solid but sometimes when we need ground clearance we tend to pick the wrong vehicle. if you are not a farmer who drives to forest and jungle a Nissan Xtrail will do just fine

Farmer Diportivo grin grin grin

Most Xtrail are converted
Re: Nissan Xterra by diportivo: 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
thebigkendo:

Farmer Diportivo grin grin grin

Most Xtrail are converted

how far my pork buying customer??..hope all is well?

this is the first time I will read that people pick wrong vehicles all in the name of higher ground clearance

some of us know that the road to our houses can only be conquered by rear live axles tongue

na person wey shoe dey pinch for leg dey sabi
Re: Nissan Xterra by Praxtech: 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
Interesting thread

(1) (Reply)

Recommend Type Of Engine Oil To Use In Avalon 2002 / Please How Much Is Corrola 2009 Model Shaft? / Pls Help! My Honda Accord 2000 Ex 4cyl Is Mixing Oil And Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.