Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (915605 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Opsyola: 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello family.
Can my dad's cousin qualify as my family ties in Ontario
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
shege45:
i'll advice you tell your school to send your transcript via email to dem cus that wld b d best option. Secondly, them no dey pay directly from nigeria ooo

People, myself inclusive, have paid from Nigeria without issue. Go through this thread or search for ICES in travel section for more information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by shege45: 11:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shyee:

People, myself inclusive, have paid from Nigeria without issue. Go through this thread or search for ICES in travel section for more information.
ok ooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Inloveforever: 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
hi all. please did anyone here have need to get PCC from ghana? please tell me how you went about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ijmildy: 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
joo2018:
What about 1yr PGD Business Administration?

Was hoping I'd get something shorter than 1 year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Harjeehbaday(m): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2018
ChandlerBing:
Your Padi you wants to do sharp one. Well it's Reference number plus 3 other numbers you won't know till you get the certificate.

Pls confirm the the certificate you mean is the Wes report
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:12am On Aug 27, 2018
Mm. I don't know of any academic program less than a year.

You have interest in accounting? How about ACCA? Or if you have the will, attempt French? You can search the thread for more if interested in either.
ijmildy:

Was hoping I'd get something shorter than 1 year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:16am On Aug 27, 2018
Use the search bar above. Type "pcc" and "Ghana"
Inloveforever:
hi all. please did anyone here have need to get PCC from ghana? please tell me how you went about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:43am On Aug 27, 2018
@chandlerbing was trying to tell you that your friend must wait till he/she gets his/her ECA report. The number is there.

And yes you can edit your express entry profile before submission.
Bisolar:
Lol thanks. I don't know about sharp oh.

I can't help out since I'm not at express entry stage yet but the WhatsApp groups haven't been of any help to my friend and I said I would ask here since I have an account.

In addition pls can the express entry profile be edited in case there's a mistake before submission?

So certificate number isn't needed at all in EE profile. Is that what you are saying?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by happytbaby: 6:49am On Aug 27, 2018
Aunty Bisola,

I hope your friend is not planning to put a dud number and then edit it post ITA? If he is, kindly tell him to not do it.

If his ECA is not out then he is not eligible to be in the profile and he is taking space of the other people with lower score who are actually eligibible.

Please note that CIC officers check if there are changes to the profile after ITA. He/she should err on the side of caution.

joo2018:
@chandlerbing was trying to tell you that your friend must wait till he/she gets his/her ECA report. The number is there.

And yes you can edit your express entry profile before submission.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2018
Opsyola:
Hello family.
No, it must be a sibling or that of a spouse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by onemanarmy: 7:40am On Aug 27, 2018
Fam, I’m in the process of credential evaluation. I had my first degree and MSc from the same school in Naija. Should I evaluate both transcripts? Or just choose one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Omojirola: 7:42am On Aug 27, 2018
shege45:
am still on mine but e get as e b ooo

As e be ke? Wetin happen?..is it taking time or what
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 8:03am On Aug 27, 2018
Evaluate only the Masters. However, you need to visit page 1.
onemanarmy:
Fam, I’m in the process of credential evaluation. I had my first degree and MSc from the same school in Naija. Should I evaluate both transcripts? Or just choose one?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2018
Hi @Sthill5. Can you pls confirm that with a link.
I actually searched for it, but couldn't find where Ontario immigration expatiated on "family ties" even in their application guides.
Sthill5:

No, it must be a sibling or that of a spouse

Under OINP EE, Ontario also has social connections or personal relationships under "Intention to reside in Ontario". Check the application guide pdf in this link: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html
However, I think as in all things Canada, you must be able to demonstrate with verifiable evidence a genuine relationship/interaction with him.
Opsyola:
Hello family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 8:21am On Aug 27, 2018
happytbaby:
Aunty Bisola,

I hope your friend is not planning to put a dud number and then edit it post ITA? If he is, kindly tell him to not do it.

If his ECA is not out then he is not eligible to be in the profile and he is taking space of the other people with lower score who are actually eligibible.

Please note that CIC officers check if there are changes to the profile after ITA. He/she should err on the side of caution.

They even capture changes before ITA as seen in someone's gcms notes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2018
joo2018:
Hi @Sthill5. Can you pls confirm that with a link.
I actually searched for it, but couldn't find where Ontario immigration expatiated on "family ties" even in their application guides.

Under OINP EE, Ontario also has social connections or personal relationships under "Intention to reside in Ontario". Check the application guide pdf in this link: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html
However, I think as in all things Canada, you must be able to demonstrate with verifiable evidence a genuine relationship/interaction with him.

Ok im not sure about Ontario nomination
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2018
Opsyola:
Hello family.

I don't really know much about OINP but since social ties and personal relationships apply, then dad's cousin might work. Worst case scenario they determine that he's not your family, but he still gets classified as social tie/personal relationship. However you could always play safe and use the FSW eligibility list for relatives in Canada as a rule of thumb:

This relative must be a:
parent
grandparent
child
grandchild
child of a parent (sibling)
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle)
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by shege45: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2018
Omojirola:

As e be ke? Wetin happen?..is it taking time or what
its best you tell ur school to send via their official email address
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newbeecey: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2018
In other words, visit our sister thread https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/155#63199628
Tojued:

Have you attended planning for Canada session? Have you identified your career path and short term goals immediately after landing? What's your plan for your children? Have you started planning how to get into daycare waiting lists, or will one spouse's income be sufficient to tide over while the other stays home? Have you adapted your CV and updated your LinkedIn? Have you started taking free courses or started your licensure process? Do you already know how you'll convert your driver's license? And so on and so forth. These things can keep you busy enough to be distracted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Princesskiki(f): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2018
Hello all,

My new passport is under process, please do i need my passport id during ICES procedure for ECA verification. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2018
Pls guys, how long does it take to get your passport back after submitting in vfs o?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ottawasenators: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2018
melaninpopping:
Hi everyone, for those of us post AOR. What have you found that REALLY WORKED and helped you remain calm and patient before PPR? I'm AOR 21Apr, MEP about a week later. Please exclude the following advice; get busy, get a job, save, travel, marry, have kids - these boxes already ticked

Poultry or fish farming can help grin grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by deesmama: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2018
About a month i guess.. your time line?
MissMoroti:
Pls guys, how long does it take to get your passport back after submitting in vfs o?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by AyeMayBe(f): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2018
Hi. You could try to get it online. Another option would be to get a representative who resides in Ghana to apply for you (that's how I did mine cause the website kept malfunctioning); my representative got it, then scanned and sent to me. It cost about GHC1200 if I remember correctly.

Inloveforever:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by onemanarmy: 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
ysteph:
Evaluate only the Masters. However, you need to visit page 1.

Thank you sir/Ma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by LecturerIFE: 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
NECO is quite fast with issuing transcript. Application made August 10, transcript received and acknowledged by WES August 23.

Neco used DHL shocked. For a government agency, I must say that's impressive. Waiting for verification email.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
It appears the thread is slow these last few days.....praying for many more PPR announcements IJN.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
123abcclown:
BC IELTS EOR can be very frustrating.

It's been 16 weeks since I requested for an EOR, two weeks since I started calling them frequently ( largely on their request).

They finally returned my call today, about 10 minutes I called them (where they claimed they had no update) only to tell me that my EOR was ready to be dispatched and I should get the result by tomorrow.

Everything about this whole thing just feel WRONG! VERY WRONG!

EOR received and nothing changed. Jokers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TEECANN: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
howfar2:
@All,
Sorry I have been very busy.

My timeline.

IELTS November 2016 (Never had plans of leaving since I returned back to the country years back so was not really interested hence the timeframe between IELTS and ITA)
IQAS October 2017
CRS 444
ITA October 2017
AOR - 11 December 2017 FSW
MEDICALS PASSED December
IP2 - 27 Feb 2018
Visa Office LVO
ORDERED GCMS April 2018
Got ADR and submitted Aug 8 2018
Got additional ADR to sign one of the docs Aug 14 2018
Submitted Aug 14 2018
PPR Aug 22 2018

I thought since I shuttle different continents it would have helped in my timeline but LVO had something else in mind.

Thanks to all and may God deliver us from LVO

Congrats. I can understand your lack of "ginger" in announcing the PPR which is probably as a result of decreased interest due to the extended processing timeline.

With regards to the bold part above, as a matter of fact and in relation to what we have observed over time in different PPR stories, "extensive shuttling to different continents" most often work against applications (that is, attracts delays for applications) than those that have minimal or no foreign travel histories at all.

All the same, God eventually perfected that which concerns you and it is beautiful in our sight!

Go and flourish in Canada as this phase has ended for you in praises!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
I want to pay for WES today,
Please can I use my Ecobank MasterCard to pay?
Should I use a standard mail or international courier?
What mailing address can I use as I don’t have a p.o. box address?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.