Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (913831 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 9:36am On Sep 04, 2018
it depends on many factors. Use the crs tool on cic website to Check your potential scores. That would determine if your wife has to redo ielts. please read further on page 1
blue29:
Goodmorning People...na wa o! I just joined this forum today based on a friends referral, and seeing over 200 comments is quite intimidating...I don't even know where to begin to ask questions if at all...it all seems like greek to me.
Anyways let me start from the beginning. is it wise to get legal counsel when trying to migrate to Canada? secondly I and my wife did the IELTS test my wife scored a band 7 in total and since she's younger I was told she should be the principal applicant. my question is, what do we do next? is band 7 a pass mark?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 9:36am On Sep 04, 2018
Fm90:
Good morning house..please who has any contact in lasu that can help with verification response back to wes.Even the money for verification has been paid and it's over a month now lasu has still not responded to wes... embarassed embarassed embarassed

pm me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2018
blue29:
Goodmorning People...na wa o! I just joined this forum today based on a friends referral, and seeing over 200 comments is quite intimidating...I don't even know where to begin to ask questions if at all...it all seems like greek to me.
Anyways let me start from the beginning. is it wise to get legal counsel when trying to migrate to Canada? secondly I and my wife did the IELTS test my wife scored a band 7 in total and since she's younger I was told she should be the principal applicant. my question is, what do we do next? is band 7 a pass mark?

Thanks

The best place to start is page 1 of the thread. Read up page one, follow as many links on that page as you can. The Greek will translate into English afterwards.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fm90(f): 9:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Done..thank you
Temas:

pm me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2018
Hephgirl:
And u r announcing it here... It's because of this same thing wes start requesting for waec
why won't I? Just want to keep myself updated. So WES now request for original waec result? Na wa oo even with Canada PR. Just cos they don't want people to change age. Isn't there any other way?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2018
Hello all,

It's been good following this thread, as I have being a silent reader for months now. My wife and I have started the pre EE process..she is going to be the PA, and scored well in her IELTS LRSW: 9,9,8,7.5. We both have only BSCs. I plan to write mine later this month. We have also started the ECA process in July and awaiting transcript to be sent to WES (FUTO is slowing down things) Anyways my major concern is my wife's work experience. She has over 3 years experience inclusive of nysc in the same NOC and company, but the company was sold to another company early this year; even though she continued with the new company, we are still confused on how her reference Letter will be written, because the new company doesn't have a working website yet, and she has two years 11 months experience with the old company. What to do?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2018
Spygadgets19:
why won't I? Just want to keep myself updated. So WES now request for original waec result? Na wa oo even with Canada PR. Just cos they don't want people to change age. Isn't there any other way?

Why do you want to change your age? #curious
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2018
Follow this site for up to date information on August AOR
exquisef:
it even seems longer now sef. I only know 2 ppl with august aor that have passed medicals. My friend with aug 6th AOR is still waiting to pass medicals.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2018
i know... if you check my posts ive mentioned immitracker severally im talking from experience. thanks anyways
smslive2:
Follow this site for up to date information on August AOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2018
exquisef:
i know... if you check my posts ive mentioned immitracker severally im talking from experience. thanks anyways

I think they simply turned the process upside down to curtail our speculations. IP2 is now the first stage. August folks already in IP2 before Med passed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2018
Good Morning, Before some people will refer you to page 1, lemme help you break it down.
Have you read this Migrating to Canada without a legal counsel or Agent? If not, please read through.
As regarding IELTS, You can also read this How to pass IELTS
On who to be PA, you this to simulate your potential scores for express entry.

By the time you finish reading the above links, you will almost qualify to be an agent. Thank me later

blue29:

Thanks

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2018
As in ehn... CIC is just unpredictable like london weather
Tojued:

I think they simply turned the process upside down to curtail our speculations. IP2 is now the first stage. August folks already in IP2 before Med passed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2018
Exactly what i mentioned earlier. Even on immitracker indians seem to pass medicals faster. One cant even tell the stages or should i say processing order now...
Tojued:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2018
smslive2:
What a do? grin grin grin grin
you know what?? I give up cheesy, you are incorrigible grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by amohd18: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2018
amohd18:
PLEASE SHARE YOUR CONTACTS PHONE DETAILS

Brow any positive feedback?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ottawasenators: 11:14am On Sep 04, 2018
As per reference lettter, not an issue as the HR guys will just reference previous name of firm in the letter. After all the reference letter will carry letter head of its new name.

Debsify:
Hello all,

It's been good following this thread, as I have being a silent reader for months now. My wife and I have started the pre EE process..she is going to be the PA, and scored well in her IELTS LRSW: 9,9,8,7.5. We both have only BSCs. I plan to write mine later this month. We have also started the ECA process in July and awaiting transcript to be sent to WES (FUTO is slowing down things) Anyways my major concern is my wife's work experience. She has over 3 years experience inclusive of nysc in the same NOC and company, but the company was sold to another company early this year; even though she continued with the new company, we are still confused on how her reference Letter will be written, because the new company doesn't have a working website yet, and she has two years 11 months experience with the old company. What to do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2018
Hello house

which evaluation body is best for someone with a qualification from college Nursing and Midwifery.

she is qualified as a midwifery ( if there is any thing like that)

Asking for a friend.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2018
ottawasenators:
As per reference lettter, not an issue as the HR guys will just reference previous name of firm in the letter. After all the reference letter will carry letter head of its new name.

OK thanks. So the new company not having a website won't be an issue? She has updated her LinkedIn profile accordingly though, and she's also lucky that her department manager (Indian) and the managing director (American) of the new company are both following her on LinkedIn.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by milayo(f): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2018
DonTee07:

This one deep sha ooo but in my own opinion , why not let her go to Abuja to effect the change? The slight inconvenience of travelling will be a token price for her mistake. For the WAEC, let her just let it slide and opt for ICES instead of WES. @least with ICES, she will be saved the WAEC drama.
Let others weigh in and you see options for you to tell her.

Thanks so much for your advice. appreciate!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chism440: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2018
while calculating my crs score, i found out that if I say no that my spouse is not coming with me to canada i score 450 but if I say yes it drops to 392 because he doesn't have eca and didn't take ielts either ...he doesn't want to take and he's not planning to relocate with us...he wants to stay here for his business then be visiting every 3 or 4 months....my question will they refuse him visa to be coming for visit since I said he's not coming with us to canada please treat as urgent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ottawasenators: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2018
having no website aint an issue bro. worry not
Debsify:
OK thanks. So the new company not having a website won't be an issue? She has updated her LinkedIn profile accordingly though, and she's also lucky that her department manager (Indian) and the managing director (American) of the new company are both following her on LinkedIn.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianBae: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2018
Temas:
WELL. IT IS NOT PPR OO.

EOR came out positive with BC CSR@ 446.
@Newmum. thank you for the NOC

Thank you everyone.

we shall testify.

I tap into the blessing. Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Transformium: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2018
Ndkings1:

HI has anyone answered you?
If NO
PM ME

Yes someone has. Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianBae: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2018
milayo:
Good evening guys,

Please help my younger sister. she has a big issue right now. She is 33 years old and she has a masters which she is currently evaluating with WES. Now the name on her birth certificate is Sowole Oluwatomisin Funmilola. On her masters certificate is Tomisin Funmilola Sowole. On her waec certificate is Sowole Tomisin Funlola (please note there is no 'mi' in the Funlola ) and on her international passport is Sowole Tomisin Esther (Esther is her English name which is not even on her birth certificate). she just renewed her international passport and she told me they told her she can't change the English name to funmilola except she go to Abuja to effect d change that they can only maintain the name on the expired one which she did almost 10years ago. I asked her why she used Esther she said she felt then that she should at least have a English name on her passport that now she knows better.

As in, I'm so mad with her right now that have been ranting since as to why she can't just keep to a name. please help me, will an affidavit be enough for all this different names? I just felt she has a better chance of getting a direct ITA as she is young and kuku like book pass me, as my own can only be through PNP. Please what can we do? Thanks so much for your anticipated response.

One and same person affidavit will do it.

This should do

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2018
ottawasenators:
having no website aint an issue bro. worry not
OK thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
No problem. He should be able to get TRV to visit.
chism440:
while calculating my crs score, i found out that if I say no that my spouse is not coming with me to canada i score 450 but if I say yes it drops to 392 because he doesn't have eca and didn't take ielts either ...he doesn't want to take and he's not planning to relocate with us...he wants to stay here for his business then be visiting every 3 or 4 months....my question will they refuse him visa to be coming for visit since I said he's not coming with us to canada please treat as urgent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
DonTee07:
if your score can secure you ITA without doing ECA for spouse, please save your cash and dive into the pool asap. Best of luck.

That was one of the most basic questions you just answered. I hope you're ready to answer more.

Best bet is that the update to page 1 stops so that everyone and anyone can ask their questions here and get answers immediately, just as your beneficiary just did.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
We have similar situations. My oga wont retake his ilets and staying in the pool with him we would mean we would be on 430. He has decided for us to apply without him since he wasnt planning to relocate yet. We would try and get his trv before we go sha.
chism440:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
If your question is specific for Alberta, then yes for now.
CPEThorpe:
So I just realised that Alberta doesn't have a PNP for people living outside Canada.

I have always known that other provinces have their inland and outland PNP. Does this mean that EE is the only medium of immigration for foreigners outside Canada?
Please kindly clear my doubt?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ennygal: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
ennygal:
Good morning house. Has anyone in this group been able to get a job in Canada before his/her application? If yes, kindly put me through because i have been trying to apply for jobs in Canada but i don't know how to go about it. Thanks in advance.
Attend to this please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by milayo(f): 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
CanadianBae:

One and same person affidavit will do it.

This should do

Even with the inconsistency on her international passport? which second name carries Esther instead of Funmilola (not real names). Will the affidavit cover for that too?
Thanks to everyone for your contribution.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by o2(f): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
ennygal:
Attend to this please

Go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant here and you will get the information you need. Please read to the end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.