Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (915620 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by rennylicious: 12:22am On Sep 29, 2018
Good evening all I am new on this platform...please what are the necessary information I need to know. All I desire is a relocation to Canada and I am trying to gather the necessary information. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 29, 2018
rennylicious:
Good evening all I am new on this platform...please what are the necessary information I need to know. All I desire is a relocation to Canada and I am trying to gather the necessary information. Thank you
Simply spend about 15mins on page 1. All you need is there.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by NeneSisi: 1:48am On Sep 29, 2018
I think you can attach a one and same person affidavit

m4sure:
pls what have you done to it now. I also have the same issue. The middle name on my waec is different frm the one I'm using now.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 2:43am On Sep 29, 2018
m4sure:
pls what have you done to it now. I also have the same issue. The middle name on my waec is different frm the one I'm using now.

Another issue with names. always attach a one and same person affidavit..

Name = Identity

Ferrari is not same as Ferra.

Je m'appelle Ramj

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tibayo1: 2:49am On Sep 29, 2018
Hello house,

I see a lot of UK PCC, is it just for those that stayed in UK?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace135: 4:56am On Sep 29, 2018
doppler06:
Thank you Nairaland for all your assistance kiss kiss. The journey that started from Part 3 of this thread has been concluded in Part 5

IELTS: 3 Mar 18 LRSW 9988
WES: 17 Apr 18 Masters
CRS: 481
ITA: 25 Apr 18
AOR: 29 May 18
MEP: 8 Jun 18
IP1: Same day as MEP
IP2: 20 Sept 18
PPR: 25 Sept 18 (mail came in 1:34am Sept 26)
AOR to PPR: 117 days (approx. 4 months)
Passport transmitted: 26 Sept 18

Visa office: Ottawa. Single applicant
No ADRs, 1 US Visa refusal, and I didn’t complete the Schedule A (it was just too much work then... thank God they didn’t want it)

Immediately I saw the PPR mail on 26th morning, I just called in sick at work. It was raining that day but submit passport I must…... Went back to the same work I called in sick to (but stayed on a different floor) and printed and filled all I needed to fill and made all the copies I needed to make.
I had filled the IMM0008 and IMM5406 Additional Family forms because I didn’t have power to shout. The form is not that hard to fill esp if you are single with no dependents.

I then headed down to Studio 24 with my ruler and copy of photo specifications to measure the picture I’ll take. The lady there laughed at my ruler but she still helped me measure it. She stamped and signed and dated, but requirement said put full address also… I told madam to biko put full address. By the time she finished, there was no space to put my name and DOB but I squeezed it in there.

The rain helped because when I got to VFS Canada floor around 11am, it was empty. Just a handful of people. Everything was done on the 1st floor (collect PPT paper from security, wait, submit documents to the guy at till 1 when called, he will package inside envelope and you go and pay at till 5 or so, then hand over to the person at till 8 or 9 and shikena). Spent just 15mins for everything that day…… it was that empty

I had posted my appreciation post in the part 3 of this thread. That was when I discovered the thread and realized I was wasting time and money chasing my bsc transcript (I had already paid 45k, it was sent and wes said it was incomplete and had to be resent. The school was now telling me to pay again…. TF). Nd the msc was already accepted oh… Nobody told me to tell wes to delete the bsc

I just went to the first page of part 3, got a jotter and went to work and the rest is history.

All in all, my application was fairly straightforward. Decision to travel to PPR = 9 months. I really didn’t encounter any delays (asides my bsc matter) getting any of the documents and I thank God for that. Single NOC, Work ref was how CIC wanted it + payslips, POF was money in 2 mutual fund accounts (GCMS said they did not include my pension) + my salary and personal account, Medicals at QLife, PCC – ASP Mosh + UK PCC which I sent to a friend to scan down.

I kept it simple and had only 2 LOEs (1 was under the additional document place where I explained the visa refusal and the 2nd was where I aggregated my POFs in a summary table and showed CAD equivalent and exchange rate).

Thanks to this page and all those that responded the few times I had questions – I remember when 1 of the statutory questions was confusing me and Nairaland came to my rescue. Muchos Gracias

On to the next phase…….. btw, who else is completely overwhelmed by the amount of info from that MAP document + the many FPPs that are reaching out. This 24 hours in a day is not long enough.

I wish everybody success in every phase they are at…..….. All the best
Congratulation, pls what did you present as your POF evidence
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sucreklint: 5:48am On Sep 29, 2018
More kudos to you my brothers and sisters, pls help me out, I want to know the best means to migrate to Canada with my family, my spouse has blood ties in Canada, and more than 10yrs working experience, and am a graduate too, God bless good morning all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 5:59am On Sep 29, 2018
Sucreklint:
More kudos to you my brothers and sisters, pls help me out, I want to know the best means to migrate to Canada with my family, my spouse has blood ties in Canada, and more than 10yrs working experience, and am a graduate too, God bless good morning all

The information you need is on page 1

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by shinefelicity: 6:15am On Sep 29, 2018
Good day my people, una welldone ooo

Please, will having a para-military work experience affect one's chance of getting the FSW visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tunyuz(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2018
mcstan18:

The answers to your questions can be found on the first page of this thread. You'd enjoy reading through the numerous links embedded within.

Further to that, permit me to give you an honest advise. You need to work on the way you write/type first of all, before you bother yourself so much about answers. I do not think you have sat for IELTS. If that is the case, then the sooner you start doing it right (even when you think it unnecessary), the better it gets for you. I hope you take the positives in my message.
Thank you for your observation. I am happy that you have corrected me now because I am about to sit for IELTS. I am going through page one now. Thank you once again for your concern. God bless you as you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:58am On Sep 29, 2018
As long as you can trace your job to a Canadian NOC 0, A or B you are good to go. I think, though, your application might go through extra security screening. My thoughts.
shinefelicity:

Please, will having a para-military work experience affect one's chance of getting the FSW visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2018
shinefelicity:

A family I know from church are currently selling off their properties for their move after receiving COPR
The wife/PA is an Airforce officer.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:20am On Sep 29, 2018
jholarharde:

ayam super motivated grin
grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by casecasr: 7:49am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=ans123 post=71568903][/quote]

Thanks bro, try confirming from spgs to know if ur result have been approved by the senate. Once it's approved, you can move on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2018
Why didnt you do a'One and Same Person Affidavit' and send to WES all these while when you know there is a massive discrepancy in your names.. better late yhan never. Do the affidavit and forward it to them now. Add copy of your passport too
jonababa:
Hello,

Pls I need help. What is the way forward? Message from WES. Issues with name on OND vs name on HND certificate. E.g. FADEKEMI on OND vs KEMI on HND.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted.

We are cancelling your application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2018
Please click here for All about Canada
rennylicious:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by soulhighman(m): 8:20am On Sep 29, 2018
ysteph:
Yep. Canada. UK. US. Australia and New Zealand.

Hi. I'm currently in Australia, but I intend to apply for the Canada PR. Does this mean that I wouldn't have to do biometrics if I'm applying from Australia?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2018
Details about Family Migration to Canada can be found here
Sucreklint:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2018
You'll definitely do biometrics. That's the only way they can compare your information with what you already have in Australia.
soulhighman:

Hi. I'm currently in Australia, but I intend to apply for the Canada PR. Does this mean that I wouldn't have to do biometrics if I'm applying from Australia?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2018
Continuing our earlier discussion...did further study.

1.The total core/human capital points is the same for both single and married: 500.
For single, it is straight 500, while for married it is 460 for PA and 40 for accompanying spouse i.e. 40 points are removed from the PA's age, language, education and Canadian work experience factors.

2. As long as the spouse has a good language score, total points with spouse accompanying will be higher than single or spouse unaccompanying. This is because the 10 points removed the PA's age factor is added to the 10 points from his/her language factor and used as 20 points for the spouse's language factor. The spouse's language results thus has extra weight.

3. Spouse unaccompanying will have more points than spouse accompanying if the spouse's education and/or ielts results do not compensate for the 30 points removed from the PA's age, ielts and education (I'm using ielts for language and ignoring the 10 points from Canadian work experience).
Some scenarios in which that can happen are:
a. The spouse has very poor ielts results.
b. The spouse has lower educational qualifications than the PA.
c. The spouse does not write ielts.
d. The spouse didn't do an ECA.

4. My calculations on ages 35-37 was wrong. With a good language score from the spouse and identical educational qualifications, with spouse points is always higher than without spouse.

Factor points
CRS tool
Ifeoma77:

Age really has nothing to do with it.
Let's take a 28 years old with Masters, 3 years work experience and LRWS 8777. Her spouse has a masters and LRWS 8777. Their CRS will be 472.
If she puts spouse as unaccompanying, CRS drops to 469.
Literally, two heads are better than one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by soulhighman(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2018
ysteph:
You'll definitely do biometrics. That's the only way they can compare your information with what you already have in Australia.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bellniki1: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2018
It is required of an applicant to provide PCC for countries where s/he has stayed/lived in for six months or more.

tibayo1:
Hello house,

I see a lot of UK PCC, is it just for those that stayed in UK?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lilshon(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2018
What? Place was dry to the bone on Thursday morning, even the court opposite.

BarbaraCharles:
WAEC YABA is open please. Kindly proceed with your visit to them. Hubs and I did ours there yesterday. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lilshon(m): 9:39am On Sep 29, 2018
Please, what time did you go there ? Want to know if they opened later the day I went.

BarbaraCharles:
WAEC YABA is open please. Kindly proceed with your visit to them. Hubs and I did ours there yesterday. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2018
joo2018:
Continuing our earlier discussion...did further study.

1.The total core/human capital points is the same for both single and married: 500.
For single, it is straight 500, while for married it is 460 for PA and 40 for accompanying spouse i.e. 40 points are removed from the PA's age, language, education and Canadian work experience factors.

2. As long as the spouse has a good language score, total points with spouse accompanying will be higher than single or spouse unaccompanying. This is because the 10 points removed the PA's age factor is added to the 10 points from his/her language factor and used as 20 points for the spouse's language factor. The spouse's language results thus has extra weight.

3. Spouse unaccompanying will have more points than spouse accompanying if the spouse's education and/or ielts results do not compensate for the 30 points removed from the PA's age, ielts and education (I'm using ielts for language and ignoring the 10 points from Canadian work experience).
Some scenarios in which that can happen are:
a. The spouse has very poor ielts results.
b. The spouse has lower educational qualifications than the PA.
c. The spouse does not write ielts.
d. The spouse didn't do an ECA.

4. My calculations on ages 35-37 was wrong. With a good language score from the spouse and identical educational qualifications, with spouse points is always higher than without spouse.

Factor points
CRS tool
Wow!! QED right there.
Very insightful, thanks for the research.
This is page 1 stuff here

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by gold638: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2018
Hello everyone. Trust your day is going great. Pls, pls I need a clarification and I’m hoping someone here might be able to help me. I’m a CIMA top finalist (ie completed and passed all exams). I’m yet to apply for membership. My question is: will WES evaluate my results based on the provision of transcripts only or will they require my membership? 2ndly, will I choose professional qualification on their website if I choose to evaluate this with them? 3rdly, is there anyone on this platform who knows someone that knows someone who can assist with my CIMA PER? Your swift response will be highly appreciated. Thank you guys!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by loodba: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2018
Hello everyone, trust you all are having a wonderful weekend

Well i am new here though been a silent reader. I have a little concern and i will be glad if someone here can advise

I am about to start my application. I havent done anything yet though. I intend to apply for PR dont know if this is the best option for someone like me who have a finance'e studing in canada (masters) and want me to come over. Though we intend to get marry next year

1.Is it better i apply as single then later include her on the application that we are married or i should start by indicating we are married.

2. I have a masters degree in nigeria, will be 30yrs this december and more than 4yrs work experience, will it be better for me to apply or my fiance'e who is currently running her masters in canada should be the primary applicate. Probably when she complete she can apply for both of us, hopefully she will have a work permit by then

3. It means i will have to wait for more than 2yrs and remember we are young couple and it will be very challenging being apart.

I really appreciate if anyone can advise us on this remember we are not married though we will next year and is it possible to do a court wedding without the other party present

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jossy26: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
loodba:

Well i am new here though been a silent reader. I have a little concern and i will be glad if someone here can advise

I am about to start my application. I havent done anything yet though. I intend to apply for PR dont know if this is the best option for someone like me who have a finance'e studing in canada (masters) and want me to come over. Though we intend to get marry next year

1.Is it better i apply as single then later include her on the application that we are married or i should start by indicating we are married.

2. I have a masters degree in nigeria, will be 30yrs this december and more than 4yrs work experience, will it be better for me to apply or my fiance'e who is currently running her masters in canada should be the primary applicate. Probably when she complete she can apply for both of us, hopefully she will have a work permit by then

3. It means i will have to wait for more than 2yrs and remember we are young couple and it will be very challenging being apart.

I really appreciate if anyone can advise us on this remember we are not married though we will next year and is it possible to do a court wedding without the other party present

Thank you

Am a silent reader here but your questions are so annoying I had to login to reply.. since your fiancee is already in canny that means she/he should know alot about immigration and options available to you both..how much research have you done your self before coming here to ask for more questions. So you just sat down at the comfort of your keyboard and start typing questions for people to give you answer when almost all questions have been answered in page 1 already. My friend don't be a lazy Nigerian youth do your own research first abeg

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jadel03: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
There is always a better way of saying/typing words.

jossy26:

Am a silent reader here but your questions are so annoying I had to login to reply.. since your fiancee is already in canny that means she/he should know alot about immigration and options available to you both..how much research have you done your self before coming here to ask for more questions. So you just sat down at the comfort of your keyboard and start typing questions for people to give you answer when almost all questions have been answered in page 1 already. My friend don't be a lazy Nigerian youth do your own research first abeg

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2018
Guys, a quick one please. If one was working and schooling at the same time and does not include the educational qualification post ITA, does that perceive any form of misrepresentation? Note, no point was claimed for the educational qualification and it wasn't included under personal history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
loodba:

Thank you

Please read page one of this thread and follow as many links there as you can. You'll be able to answer all your questions afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.