Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (912403 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DaisyEze: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
bLacKGoLd3:

Only MBA

I’m confused. Some people say with a Masters degree, it’s safe to evaluate your Bachelors degree too. But if you’re claiming points for only Masters, do you need to evaluate your first degree with WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
mcstan18:

Congratulations bro.

As a side note, it doesn't speak well of anyone to come to this forum, benefit immensely and then bow out with the kind of PPR announcements we've been seeing lately, this one in particular. PPR announcements have their own way of boosting badly battered morale of some people who visit this thread. Sometimes, all one would need to continue to fire on is a visit to the PPR section of page 1 but very few would read the kind of PPR testimonies we see these days and feel "gingered". I won't be surprised if you've also benefitted from those long narratives of happy people here.

We can do better guys.

You’ve made a really good point here. On the other hand though, there could be a number of reasons why a person may not be able to write their story...time, inability to properly put their thoughts into words or some other reasons we may not even be aware of...let’s learn to give people the benefit of the doubt..you never know. Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello house.

Congrats to all ITA clinchers, PPR lockdowns and IELTS grabbers

Every win is a win, so I would like to share one too.

1st Attempt July 28 2018 LRWS-9,6.5,6.5,8.5 MOD
2nd Attempt Aug 18 2018 8.5,7,6.5,7.5 MOD

I felt really down and tired but wifey insisted I go for an EOR, I got more worried at parting away with 46k but she sha rubbed my head and we went ahead since it was supposed to be out with 3-21 days. So I sent them a mail and bcc idp Australia and I got the regular response from those ones.

Fast forward to 21 days and no response so I called MOD and the gave one story of escalating it to their partners and would get back to me before EOB. I did not get a feedback so I decided to send a mail again and copied Australia and I got an instant response from IDP requesting for my test date and candidate's number. I replied and we exchanged a few mails and I was assured that they were on it and that I would get a response soon.

A mail dropped at 2:50 pm this afternoon and I just left what I was doing,and dashed down to their office. My writing was upgraded to 7.

I was feeling really distraught yesterday because I was really tired of everything but this is a huge energy boost for me.

Apologies for the story, i just cant hold back

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2018
freshdad:
Hello house.

1st Attempt July 28 2018 LRWS-9,6.5,6.5,8.5 MOD
2nd Attempt Aug 18 2018 8.5,7,6.5,7.5 MOD

I felt really down and tired but wifey insisted I go for an EOR, I got more worried at parting away with 46k but she sha rubbed my head and we went ahead since it was supposed to be out with 3-21 days. So I sent them a mail and bcc idp Australia and I got the regular response from those ones.

Fast forward to 21 days and no response so I called MOD and the gave one story of escalating it to their partners and would get back to me before EOB. I did not get a feedback so I decided to send a mail again and copied Australia and I got an instant response from IDP requesting for my test date and candidate's number. I replied and we exchanged a few mails and I was assured that they were on it and that I would get a response soon.

A mail dropped at 2:50 pm this afternoon and I just left what I was doing,and dashed down to their office. My writing was upgraded to 7.

I was feeling really distraught yesterday because I was really tired of everything but this is a huge energy boost for me.

Congratulations! You’ll have more wins until your ultimate prayer is answered. Stay blessed!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shyee:

No WAEC is needed. Requirements for Higher institution differs from secondary education. You only need your certificate, and international passport, your transcript should be sent by your school

Thank you. I sent u a pm, could you pls respond once u get d chance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=Yakay post=71783100][/quote]

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
No, you don't have to evaluate your BSc degree if you are claiming points for Masters. Evaluate the MSc ONLY.
DaisyEze:

I’m confused. Some people say with a Masters degree, it’s safe to evaluate your Bachelors degree too. But if you’re claiming points for only Masters, do you need to evaluate your first degree with WES?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Inenghe: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
@ Shyee or anyone else who used ICES for their evaluation, just wondering, how did you send the WAEC scratch card? Do you also need to send photocopy of WAEC result? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how they want their stuff done.

I evaluated my masters with WES but I wish to use a stressless and non-verification seeking body to evaluate the degree before I land.
Help anyone.
Shyee:

No WAEC is needed. Requirements for Higher institution differs from secondary education. You only need your certificate, and international passport, your transcript should be sent by your school
to add to this, I used drivers license
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lilshon(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2018
If only it had distant learning cry

ans123:
For those seeking to boost their point thru 2 or more degree /cert.

www.nacetem.gov.ng
Run by OAU
Lagos center is at Kofo Abayomi, beside Department of Petroleum Resources in V.I
Courses is 115k in all (registration form is 5k, acceptance letter is 15k, programme is 95k can be paid in 2 installments)
Recognized by WES and IQAS
Takes about 9 months to complete
Beneficial and impactful lectures too, you learn alot
It's called Post Graduate Diploma in Technology Management
New session starts November 2018, next month. Hurry now and thank me later �

Copied from my Whatsapp group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sannisege: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ramj:

Oga no be fight you didnt read my comments well, any work experience before the NOC's minimum educational requirement does not counts - whether you are in school or not it does not count. its the same thing i just re-wrote with more grammar and "explanology".

Je m'appelle Ramj
Hi, I got a Ph.D. last November but I have been working as a university lecturer for 7 years therefore my NOC is 4011 (University professors and Lecturers). Please does it mean I can only claim one year experience since I was doing the PhD and working at the same time for 6 years?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
adesam91:
All thanks to God ... PPR

AOR - July 2nd
IP1 - July 20th
IP2 - September 26
PPR - October 2nd

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
As per my understanding... you can combine NOC. So you should be able to claim points for your Lecturing and the previous jobs
Sannisege:
Hi, I got a Ph.D. last November but I have been working as a university lecturer for 7 years therefore my NOC is 4011 (University professors and Lecturers). Please does it mean I can only claim one year experience since I was doing the PhD and working at the same time for 6 years?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianEnginee(m): 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yakay:

it is not, there is a list of what professional courses are on the cic website.
The list only has: medicine, veterinary medicine,pharmacy,optometry, dentistry, law,chiropractic medicine

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by gsade: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
wealthiest1:
Good day fams, pls does anyone have an earlier scheduled appointment for medicals either at Children practice or Q-life but would not be going anymore and willing to give out his/her appointment ? Please assist a brother if you can. Thank you

I doubt if that can be done. My advice, book an appointment first. But try your luck before your appointment date (say at Children's Practice). If you get there very early (say about 7.30am) you may be lucky to take the space of someone (anyone) who will not be showing up for the upfront medicals. The chances are like 70% but you have to get there early. They usually start attending to people by 8am.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
DaisyEze:

Nne, this question should be posed to the naysayers, abi? grin
Please, carry on with your Masters degree evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
How about you being the PA if it will give you more points?
wumi247:
Pls my hubby has this score 6.5 overall after two attempt
and he has 10years experience in banking,
what can he do to increase his chances?
What of provincial nominations , any hope for him?
How do we go about the provincial nomination?
Please I need urgent answers. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
Demi007:
Whoop! Congrats. Finally a September AOR with medicals passed! Right behind you by His Grace.
(AOR sept 6)

Was almost getting worried. Had to mail newmum sef. Not sure she saw it though.

Newmum, glad you’re better smiley

Hi please have you received biometric letter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bonvieto: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
daks01:

i did mine for 4k, i think your best bet is just to walk to the police headquarters like i did, you will def see staffs willing to do it for you for less

That's what he charged me too o, but i was able to haggle to N12K for hubby and I. I don't want to spoil market for him o, but the price keeps going up everyday!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by harry41: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
hello house,

please can I know the required funds in NAIRA for a single applicant? I have been using oanda rate for this conversion. is this correct or is there a standard conversion rate? please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bonvieto: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
daks01:

That's what he charged me too o, but i was able to haggle to N12K for hubby and I. I don't want to spoil market for him o, but the price keeps going up everyday!

i did mine for 4k, i think your best bet is just to walk to the police headquarters like i did, you will def see staffs willing to do it for you for less

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
Sannisege:

To put this argument to bed - MSc holder can teach even BSc holders can teach in the university.

This is the way this thing works. There is a question you would be asked when creating your EE profile under work experience and it comes immediately after they ask for your NOC - that question no be mistake.

Date Sannisege first became qualified to practice in this occupation

Baba if you put your PHD graduation as the answer to this question then i tell you, you would only be getting one year work experience. But since you got the job as a MSc/Bsc holder - that was the requirement to get the job.
Then you need to put the MSc/BSc graduation as the answer to this question.

See the attached - and read the notes carefully.

Je m'appelle Ramj

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2018
freshdad:
Hello house.

Congrats Freshdad - your wife deserves some accolades.

Now is time to dive deep into the pool abeg enter the deep deep end bro.

Je m'appelle Ramj

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ramj:

Congrats Freshdad - your wife deserves some accolades.

Now is time to dive deep into the pool abeg enter the deep deep end bro.

Je m'appelle Ramj

don't mind this Oga ooo. going deep deep into the pool might just increase your pof. na joke ooo

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
Interesting discussion earlier between @ramj and @iamkunski. I decided to do a little bit of research before contributing.

To recap:
@ramj wrote that "be informed that any work experience before min requirement for NOC is invalid...any work experience before the NOC's minimum educational requirement does not counts"

@iamkunski accepted that experience gotten during full time study does not count but quoted from here: "Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."
On this basis, he advised @JustCare who asked: "After my secondary school, I taught in a school for 2 years. Right now I'm about to be called for NYSC. Can I apply with that two years experience while also tendering my BSc as my highest educational qualifiecat?"

Points to note:
1. 3 NOC main groupings for FSW are: Skill Type 0 (zero): management jobs, Skill Level A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university and Skill Level A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university (here).

2.The regulation itself (here): "(3) For the purposes of subsection (1), a skilled worker is considered to have experience in an occupation, regardless of whether they meet the employment requirements of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, if they performed

(a) the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

(b) at least a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all the essential duties.

3. Experience of a fellow Nler @DaddyTheFather (here) who was given an ADR to provide basis of being able to work in NOC 1111 (audit) as he has an engineering degree.

My thinking:
1. The Act clarifies the basis upon which work experience should be assessed even If the minimum requirements are not met. It seems reasonable that that if subsections (a) and (b) above are met, then the work experience will be accepted by CIC.
2. It is also reasonable to believe that an application will be given greater scrutiny and may be delayed when an applicant's credentials are vastly different from the employment requirements of the NOC.
3. A Secondary/High School certificate is vastly different from a Diploma, a Degree or a PG Degree and so it might be difficult to present a Secondary School certificate as the basis for an NOC A or B.

My 2cents to @JustCare: Don't try it. You will be required to put in your EE profile the date you became qualified to work in the job. I highly doubt it will fly if you put Secondary School certificate as your qualification for a teaching job. Teaching jobs are NOCs A and B. Finish your NYSC first to get the minimum 1yr working experience required. During your service, you can plan what to do to increase your points and make your Canada dream a reality.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
Temas:

don't mind this Oga ooo. going deep deep into the pool might just increase you pof. na joke ooo

Cough cough - i dont know what you are talking about ooo.
You are OYO.

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
joo2018:
Interesting discussion earlier between @ramj and @iamkunski. I decided to do a little bit of research before contributing.

To recap:
@ramj wrote that "be informed that any work experience before min requirement for NOC is invalid...any work experience before the NOC's minimum educational requirement does not counts"

@iamkunski accepted that experience gotten during full time study does not count but quoted from yr working experience required. During your service, you can plan what to do to increase your points and make your Canada dream a reality.

Nice input Joo2018. Welldone.

Je m'appelle Ramj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ola9292(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
please house, is there any hope that the crs score will come down to around 438? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by candyce(f): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ask IRCC
Ola9292:
please house, is there any hope that the crs score will come down to around 438? thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2018
Inenghe:
to add to this, I used drivers license
It should be acceptable, as they requested for a means of identification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
harry41:
hello house,

please can I know the required funds in NAIRA for a single applicant? I have been using oanda rate for this conversion. is this correct or is there a standard conversion rate? please help
Yes, you can reference OANDA or XE rates in your POF document but I would use a rate between 290 - 300 N/CAD if I were you.
Give yourself a nice buffer. That’s one less thing to worry about after AOR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
did mine on the 2nd of October, 2018 and no update yet.
Babs9:
Hello Everyone, I did my Biometrics yesterday, however it hasn’t updated on the CIC account yet. Has anyone experienced this or what could possibly be wrong?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by deTimo: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
If you have a diploma and used it for direct entry, please send it for evaluation. It should give 2 or more certificates. I did and it came positive with WES.

You may not use Wes, you can use Ices, or Iqas or icas.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.