Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910916 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2018
sholly2017:
Pls house, I need someone to help with a reliable contact in Unijos to facility my validation . Wes has sent my validation request to them. Also any useful info will be appreciated. thanks
Contact me. But you will be patient because Jos is in a strife at the moment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2018
Lol. Our new home likes going on plenty public holidays too like naija.
dumprep:
When I heard there's another long weekend/holiday coming up in Canada. #Thanksgiving#October8

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 05, 2018
Lol. I swear. They still have 1 more (Remembrance Day) on November 12 which falls on a monday. Another long weekend.
joo2018:
Lol. Our new home likes going on plenty public holidays too like naija.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2018
mcstan18:

You do not have to fill it if your family composition hasn't changed. If you feel uneasy leaving it out, you may then fill and submit.

I already submitted without it. Was just going through the email again and got a little worried. I guess I can rest easy now. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
shey...They are planning to add another one next year to mark the legacy of residential schools for First Nations. smiley smiley smiley
dumprep:
Lol. I swear. They still have 1 more (Remembrance Day) on November 12 which falls on a monday. Another long weekend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by VFUSION: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
Final GCMS notes received. In less than 30 days. Wonder why the delay for some people's notes.

Just reading the way London was toasting me there "Both have good English and good education. PA has provided good docs and info consistent with that found online. No apparent concerns. Good funds". Eligibility passed.

Oshey London. Took you 6 months to say just that. angry

Hahahahaha at least na better thing dem talk!Congrats jare...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
Well, by God's grace, we will be there by then. So we go join them in enjoying the hols......lol wink
joo2018:
shey...They are planning to add another one next year to mark the legacy of residential schools for First Nations. smiley smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by VFUSION: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
Expectantbee:
Hi all, please I need reassurance. I was just looking through my ppr again and I’m almost getting worried. I didn’t fill that IMM008 form cos I didn’t think it was necessary since there had been no change in my family configuration( single applicant). But looking at it again, it appears to be a requirement. Please is there anyone that submitted passport without IMM008 and has received Copr? Biko help me
@ramj: you’re always well informed. @newmum0615..anyone please?

Lots of people have.I think you are to fill the form if you have any changes in your family..Some people go ahead and fill it regardless...I submitted on Tuesday and i didnt fill...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Expectantbee:
Hi all, please I need reassurance. I was just looking through my ppr again and I’m almost getting worried. I didn’t fill that passport without IMM008 and has received Copr? Biko help me
@ramj: you’re always well informed. @newmum0615..anyone please?

Thus saith the ehmmm ehmmmm Fear not.

But why did you not read well in the first place anyway optional form it is.

If they need it for a reason they would let you know. They no go deny you cos of that.

Je m'appelle Ramj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
VFUSION:

Lots of people have.I think you are to fill the form if you have any changes in your family..Some people go ahead and fill it regardless...I submitted on Tuesday and i didnt fill...

Thank you. Feels good to know that I’m not alone grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ramj:

Thus saith the ehmmm ehmmmm Fear not.

But why did you not read well in the first place anyway optional form it is.

If they need it for a reason they would let you know. They no go deny you cos of that.

Je m'appelle Ramj

I did read well and acted based on my understanding. It’s reading it all over again that brought the little confusion. Thank you for your input
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
Final GCMS notes received. In less than 30 days. Wonder why the delay for some people's notes.

Just reading the way London was toasting me there "Both have good English and good education. PA has provided good docs and info consistent with that found online. No apparent concerns. Good funds". Eligibility passed.

Who noticed this - info is consistent with that found online.

No double life.

Je m'appelle Ramj

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
Expectantbee:

I did read well and acted based on my understanding. It’s reading it all over again that brought the little confusion. Thank you for your input

Na joke I dey naa.

Oya next time First time right.

COPR loading. a beg I need Northwest Territories mates. Join me as we "neighborhood" with Polar bears and do ice racing.

Je m'appelle Ramj

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2018
OOoopss, sorry jawree.
Expectantbee:

I think this congratulatory message is meant for freshdad? Thanks on his behalf grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Lol NewMum. See them saying "No apparent concerns". SMH.
Newmum0615:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sholly2017: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Contact me. But you will be patient because Jos is in a strife at the moment.
OK. thanks. So how do I reach u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swansy10: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hello house, please I have an issue. How do I get a PCC from North Cyprus?. I contacted someone there and they are saying I have to be there to get it. Does anyone here know someone that has successfully done this before? Any help would be much appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2018
Swansy10:
Hello house, please I have an issue. How do I get a PCC from North Cyprus?. I contacted someone there and they are saying I have to be there to get it. Does anyone here know someone that has successfully done this before? Any help would be much appreciated

It is a serious issue. After almost a year, seems i found a way out. Though still in the process. I will share with the house once i get it.

But let me give an overview.

1. You need to give proxy to a friend living legally on the island.
2. Proxy (Authority letter to collect the PCC on your behalf) need to be notarized.
3. This proxy must also be authenticated at the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja.
4. Then you will need to authenticate it again at Turkish embassy Abuja.
5. Send the ORIGINAL copy to your friend in TRNC with two passport photograph, your International passport data page both old and new where applicable,TRNC PPC application form ( please fill it from Nigeria and get it authenticated at both ministry of foreign affairs and Turkish embassy abuja( i used DHL and took 7 working days)
6. Your friend will then take these documents to police station where you reside ( i stayed in famagusta and PCC obtained from there as well). He/She should go with identification document which details you must have listed in the PROXY letter.

You should get in the a day after he applied. One of my BIG BRO helped me with the ABUJA runs ( Item 3 and 4)

cost.
1. notary public =N=1500
2. Sending Proxy letter to abuja chisco =N=2000
3. Authentication at ministry of foreign affairs depends on who is helping and how long ( naija factor)
4. Authentication at Turkish embassy $20 per document
5. Receiving document from Abuja young shall grow =N=1500
5. Sending to TRNC via DHL =N=21,000
6. Stamp for application form at TRNC 31.50TL

Hope this helps.

regards

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ramj:

Na joke I dey naa.

Oya next time First time right.

COPR loading. a beg I need Northwest Territories mates. Join me as we "neighborhood" with Polar bears and do ice racing.

Je m'appelle Ramj

Hehehe for wia??!!. Don’t worry I’ll come and visit you for that side. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tescom: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2018
deTimo:
If you have a diploma and used it for direct entry, please send it for evaluation. It should give 2 or more certificates. I did and it came positive with WES.

You may not use Wes, you can use Ices, or Iqas or icas.

I used Bsc, HND and OND... Hope these will give two or more certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swansy10: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
Temas:

It is a serious issue. After almost a year, seems i found a way out. Though still in the process. I will share with the house once i get it.

But let me give an overview.

1. You need to give proxy to a friend living legally on the island.
2. Proxy (Authority letter to collect the PCC on your behalf) need to be notarized.
3. This proxy must also be authenticated at the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja.
4. Then you will need to authenticate it again at Turkish embassy Abuja.
5. Send the original copy to your friend in TRNC with two passport photograph.

I am at stage 5 presently.

Hope this helps.

regards

It does but please how did you come about this process? I called the Turkish embassy in Abuja and they asked me to contact the TRNC police.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
Swansy10:

It does but please how did you come about this process? I called the Turkish embassy in Abuja and they asked me to contact the TRNC police.

I had to write to TRNC ministry of foreign affairs, TRNC foreign missions around the world, My University and one of my bosses that is well connected. You cant reach TRNC police from the outside world. Those Guys are close minded. I even called the TRNC police HQ in lefkosia, the guy on the other end dropped the call saying inglish yok.

I pray this works.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DrStrangelove: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hi ALL,

Pls we are currently in the pool and we are a family of 3 (father, mother and daughter). We are hoping to get ITA soon (though we are hoping to get better scores in IELTS to be able to beat the current stagnant cut off range) and I was thinking of including my niece of 11yrs as one of our dependents to make the total number of family to 4. This is because her dad (my elder brother) is late and has been for about 10yrs now. I am practically responsible for her upkeep and to a lesser degree, my extended family. The mother has dropped the the primary upkeep for us to handle and only chips in through efforts when the main things have been settled. My wife is the primary applicant. This will mean higher proof of funds and also in other expenses as i dont mind, so as to give the girl a better life.

Pls what i would want to know is what is needed apart from adding her to the number of dependents in the pool. I would think I would need to get some of letter making me/my wife her guardian or something like that in case of ITA. Pls anybody in the house that has gone thru this can help expantiate.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swansy10: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Temas:

I had to write to TRNC ministry of foreign affairs, TRNC foreign missions around the world, My University and one of my bosses that is well connected. You cant reach TRNC police from the outside world. Those Guys are close minded. I even called the TRNC police HQ in lefkosia, the guy on the other end dropped the call saying inglish yok.

I pray this works.

Hahahaha
You know how they can be. I was thinking of just gathering a thread of correspondence showing that I made an effort. Let’s see how it goes sha. Kibris will not hold us down
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Temas: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2018
Swansy10:

Hahahaha
You know how they can be. I was thinking of just gathering a thread of correspondence showing that I made an effort. Let’s see how it goes sha. Kibris will not hold us down

Worst case i will just meet with someone to write a strong LOE to back up too @ oga mcstan comes to mind. I am sure i will win this battle.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tomiccell: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
I did mine Sep 18, but my application status still reads "Your action is required" & bio-metric status hasn't been updated. Although in the applicant information, My biometrics number, date of enrollment and expiry dates are showing. Don't get headache over something you can't control.

nnetayo:
Anyone else had their biometrics done and profile yet to be updated sad

Had mine done last week and profile is yet to be updated in spite of the fact that I received an email from VFS that it had been accepted.
*hands up and shrugging* emoji
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wealthiest1: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
congrats!!!
armstead:

Very Short Post Alert

In another news!!!

Apologies this is coming late. It’s PPR!!!!

Started this journey in October 2017 after we made a decision to relocate.

IELTS showed me pepper as I had to take it three times:

1st - 10 February 2018 LRWS 6,8,8,7.5

2nd - 24 March 2018 LRWS 7.5,8,6.5,8, when I saw this result midnight of 6 April, I quickly registered for the following day’s test without much preparation.

3rd - 7 April 2018 LRWS 8.5,8.5,7,8. As a result of this third IELTS result, our CRS jumped to 450 from 3hundred and sth(don’t ask me questions embarassed). I would say please don’t give up on this journey because I was almost losing confidence in myself after my second IELTS result as I rarely fail exams. I also got encouragement on this forum seeing some people gave (as our Indian brothers will say) IELTS up to 7 times and now in Canada. Hence, I had to quickly re-take the test to avoid losing momentum.

Timeline

Minimum invited CRS 441
CRS 450
FSWO
NOC 1111
ITA 25 April
AOR 5 June
MEP 18 June
IP1 19 June
GCMS note request 30 August (had to request as I was scared after reading some comments here about Pension fund not being considered by CIC for POF)
IP2 27 September
Ghost update 2 October
Received GCMS 2 October (everything looks fine and I remember sharing here my PF was considered as POF as minimum required fund was marked met)

Then the long awaited golden mail arrived!!!!

PPR 3 October 2018 at exactly 3:39am, can’t remember the seconds grin
No ADR
Family size 3
Ottawa VO

ECA - I used WES but those guys plus our regular naija strike stressed me Walahi; I sha got the completed report for spouse and myself after 6 months.

PCC - Got for U.K. and Nigeria. U.K PCC is pretty easy to get once you follow instructions on their site. For Nigeria PCC, used inspector Moshood for spouse and myself. He charged us N17,000 because we couldn’t go to Alagbon as all correspondence with him was via email. However, I sent a friend to pick the original certificates from him and scan to me. Contrary to what I have read here, I decided to exclude from my eApr the Alagbon stamped fingerprints papers accompanying the PCC because I felt it wasn’t relevant since CIC only requested for PCC; so I only uploaded the Police certificates with our application. Thank God there was no issue with it. Although, I wanted to take style avoid implicating myself as I was in the U.K. when I submitted my application and the procedure for getting fingerprints done was expensive for me and stressful; so I bought ink pad from one shop and did the stuff in my room, then scanned to inspector Moshood. I felt if I had included the fingerprints with my application, any inquisitive VO may flag that “how did he get PCC as the fingerprints were not certified or stamped by U.K. police &/or Nigeria High commission”. Just my thinking though.

POF - Hmmm, I had to patch this one o; I used Treasury bills from Stanbic as 55% of POF (didn’t include any bank statements), cash in Dom account with a foreign bank was 28% (only submitted stamped bank statements and a letter from the bank stating when the account was opened as I intentionally didn’t want to get the format letter requested by CIC because I have credit card debt with the bank which I wasn’t sure may affect my POF; God had mercy sha) while my PF was the remaining 17% of POF. I prayed o for them to consider this PF as it was my last resort and only hope at that time as I don’t have anybody that can gift me money. Can’t remember the last time I got money gift tongue again, maybe childhood. As advised on this tread, I prepared a table for the POF and explained each, particularly the PF section, very well as I had initially withdrawn some voluntary contributions in 2017 and this reflected on the Pension statements. Had to let them know the withdrawn amount was a voluntary contribution and does not constitute part of the accessible 25% o before somebody will start running around for money way no loss upon ADR for the balance. wink

Work experience - got over 3 years work experience and getting reference letter was pretty easy. God bless my employer. Although, not necessary, I submitted work experience letter for my wife too since we had it readily available.

Medicals - Everything was fine for 3 of us other than the Dr recommending me for a further test because he sighted protein in my urine. God forbid!!! But thank God all was well after the further test although he still included protein something which my Jesus had taken away.

Travel history - just US and UK and no Visa refusal history

Criminal history - None by His grace other than childhood stealing of pencils and biros; and beating traffic lights in Lagos; which Nigeria PCC did not capture. grin

What again??

Ok lest I forget, I got 15 points for sibling in Canada �� so provided Copies of her PR card, utility bills within 3 months of eApr, marriage certificates and birth certificates showing names of both parents. I included sibling’s marriage certificate and newspaper publication for change of name as sibling is married and utility bill carries husband’s name.

My prayer for all still waiting for IELTS, ECA, ITA, POF and PPR is that it will surely come speedily in Jesus’ name. Amen

This thread is very informative and is got selfless people always willing to share. May God bless you all.

Armstead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
Newmum0615:

Is there anything like bad funds? See LVO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
To add her as a dependant, you must legally adopt her and submit the papers as part of your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#dependent_child_oct
DrStrangelove:
Hi ALL,

Pls we are currently in the pool and we are a family of 3 (father, mother and daughter). We are hoping to get ITA soon (though we are hoping to get better scores in IELTS to be able to beat the current stagnant cut off range) and I was thinking of including my niece of 11yrs as one of our dependents to make the total number of family to 4. This is because her dad (my elder brother) is late and has been for about 10yrs now. I am practically responsible for her upkeep and to a lesser degree, my extended family. The mother has dropped the the primary upkeep for us to handle and only chips in through efforts when the main things have been settled. My wife is the primary applicant. This will mean higher proof of funds and also in other expenses as i dont mind, so as to give the girl a better life.

Pls what i would want to know is what is needed apart from adding her to the number of dependents in the pool. I would think I would need to get some of letter making me/my wife her guardian or something like that in case of ITA. Pls anybody in the house that has gone thru this can help expantiate.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dannyko: 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
Congrats to @armstead and @Numerouuuno's Uncle on their PPR. I wish all the latest ITA recipients speedy and favorable processing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swansy10: 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
Temas:

Worst case i will just meet with someone to write a strong LOE to back up too @ oga mcstan comes to mind. I am sure i will win this battle.

All the best.
Please keep us updated cos I’m currently waiting for IELTS jump into the pool. Hopefully I should get ITA before the end of the month. Or maybe I should start this your 5 stage process

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.