Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910545 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wealthiest1: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2018
congratulations....
wurdz:
To God be the Glory!!!

Wifey pushed for this journey Sept 2017. Wrote IELTS Oct 1 and passed. We started ECA November. I wrote IELTS Feb 1 and also passed. We decided that I was going to be principal applicant ‘cos I had a masters degree and better IELTS result.

IELTS: 9,9,7.5,7.5
ECA completed: Feb20,2018(entered pool same day)
ITA: Feb 21,2018
AOR: Mar29,2018
MEP: Apr 24 (Though it Med processing started Apr9 – we found out Hospital didn’t send in Wifeys result for funny reasons so she was asked to come redo it after about a month)
IP1:Apr8
Long wait….
GCMS Notes ordered May xx and received July11 (Everything seemed fine outside the fact that PoF was deemed to be short as they did not factor in funds from RSA)
July 11- raised CSE and resent RSA and did a LOE explaining that I have access to 25% as stated in the Pensions Act.
July 25 – raised another CSE and sent in updated PoF (this time around without RSA as I wasn’t fully assured bout the use of RSA by IRCC and madam)
Another wait…………..
2nd GCMS note ordered Aug 27 and received Sept 27 and NOTHING had changed except that they received my additional documents.
Sent a mail Sept 20 to remind them that only 9days left to the 6months deadline

Oct 2, raised CSE that 6months had elapsed

Oct 3 PPR (yay!!!!)

VO - Ottawa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 9:38am On Oct 04, 2018
This is not true.

Ramj:

Work experience how.

be informed that any work experience before min requirement for NOC is invalid

If my NOC requires BSC degree, any experience I have in that NOC before the graduation is invalid and can't be used.

Je m'appelle Ramj

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2018
Congratulaions dear. Go and flourish in the land.
ASEC:

Mine didn't follow regular timeline.

ITA - Feb 4th
AOR - April 13th
Med.passed - April 21
Since then my profile remained stagnant (reviewing eligibility)
Then the Golden mail landed Oct 2nd.
VO was Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2018
iamkunski:
This is not true.

Okay oo try it at your own peril... grin grin grin

Why do you think they ask about the minimum requirement for your NOC and when you qualified for that.

Once again work experience, internships et al while as full time student or while qualifying for the minimum educational requirement for your NOC does not count.

Its this same reason that NYSC is allowed because NYSC is after graduation.

If during my Elect/Elect program there was strike for 2 years and i worked as an Electrical Engineer in a company, i cant use that experience because i am still a student - simple

Je m'appelle Ramj

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2018
lk1234:
Congrats to everyone who got ITA recently.

Also starting off on this journey and need clarification regarding evaluation of ICAN certificates. I understand WES evaluates "ICAN ACA" certificate as " two year professional study of accounting" but also add the remark "not comparable to any Canadian education credential". What does this outcome actually mean and can it still be used to claim two certificates for express entry application? Has anyone used it this way and still got past to PPR?

If you have ICAn ATS, you can evaluate that but it your certificate carries AWBA ensure ICAN sends a letter with your transcript that its from them because WES does not evaluate ABWA (unless they see that note from ICAN)

ICAN alone is a no no.

Je m'appelle Ramj
Eddy4400:

I was just thinking about this. How about if someone finished in Dec 2012, started work in Feb 2013 but BSc certificate carries Sept 2013? Can one claim points for months worked? Very crucial in getting 25 more points if he chooses 3 or more years.

If not, can he state finish date as Dec 2012? Any success stories with this kinda profile? Thanks

You can write an LOE that although you graduated in Dec 2012, you didnt get your certificate till 2013. That works.

Je m'appelle Ramj

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2018
Now you're talking about a different thing. Work experience during a fulltime study doesn't count but, thats different from what you said about work experience before meeting NOC requirement. It's there clearly on CIC website, stop confusing things.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Ramj:

Okay oo try it at your own peril... grin grin grin

Why do you think they ask about the minimum requirement for your NOC and when you qualified for that.

Once again work experience, internships et al while as full time student or while qualifying for the minimum educational requirement for your NOC does not count.

Je m'appelle Ramj

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by NeneSisi: 10:04am On Oct 04, 2018
Good morning everyone and congratulations to all PPR & ITA clinchers and grabbers

To those of us still gathering documentation to enter the pool, don't give up.

If it's any consolation my Taxify driver just informed me the fuel gauge of his car isn't functional, and the car has started jerking. No fuel station within a 2km radius.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2018
Swtibogirl88:

Thank you dear. I am the PA. That's his job title.
Pls how can i request for a refund from WES?

If you are the primary applicant and your hubby evaluated his Masters in Public Health,then it's not a problem.You are good to go.Spouses work experience does not count.Spouses only get points for ECA and ielts.
So,there is no need for WES refund.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 10:14am On Oct 04, 2018
iamkunski:
Now you're talking about a different thing. Work experience during a fulltime study doesn't count but, thats different from what you said about work experience before meeting NOC requirement. It's there clearly on CIC website, stop confusing things.

Oga no be fight you didnt read my comments well, any work experience before the NOC's minimum educational requirement does not counts - whether you are in school or not it does not count. its the same thing i just re-wrote with more grammar and "explanology".

Je m'appelle Ramj

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 10:14am On Oct 04, 2018
For those seeking to boost their point thru 2 or more degree /cert.

www.nacetem.gov.ng
Run by OAU
Lagos center is at Kofo Abayomi, beside Department of Petroleum Resources in V.I
Courses is 115k in all (registration form is 5k, acceptance letter is 15k, programme is 95k can be paid in 2 installments)
Recognized by WES and IQAS
Takes about 9 months to complete
Beneficial and impactful lectures too, you learn alot
It's called Post Graduate Diploma in Technology Management
New session starts November 2018, next month. Hurry now and thank me later �

Copied from my Whatsapp group.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lk1234: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2018
Ramj:

If you have ICAn ATS, you can evaluate that but it your certificate carries AWBA ensure ICAN sends a letter with your transcript that its from them because WES does not evaluate ABWA (unless they see that note from ICAN)

ICAN alone is a no no.

Je m'appelle Ramj

Thanks.

You mean the ACA certificate alone is not acceptable? Started ICAN from PE1 and not ATS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2018
In light of being well guided, the bolded statement is wrong.

Ramj:

Oga no be fight you didnt read my comments well, any work experience before the NOC's minimum educational requirement does not counts - whether you are in school or not it does not count. its the same thing i just re-wrote with proof.

lets be well guided.

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=ans123 post=71772142]For those seeking to boost their point thru 2 or more degree /cert.

www.nacetem.gov.ng
Run by OAU
Lagos center is at Kofo Abayomi, beside Department of Petroleum Resources in V.I

And heads up guys, please be cool headed about this and let no one know your Canny plans at the PGD class. The coordinators mustn't know too else you'll be taken advantage off. Trust no one, just do your time and collect your certificate

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JustCare: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2018
iamkunski:
This is not true.

Please I'm throwing this question to you and to the house based on this your post.

After my secondary school, I taught in a school for 2 years. Right now I'm about to be called for NYSC. Can I apply with that two years experience while also tendering my BSc as my highest educational qualifiecat?

Would this experience match for NOC teaching skill I will choose, is it necessary to match with what you're choosing on the NOC?

From my research through the timeline I aslo discovered that any work experience acquired while studying full time in the university doesn't count, any change so far?

I can see people are going more to Ottawa lately, are there provinces that are accepting more than others?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 04, 2018
Why bother with Law School Transcripts when you can easily evaluate your Law Degree with IQAS and get a Professional /Masters equivalent to boost your score? I'm a Lawyer and was struggling to get Law school transcripts until some nice peeps here advised me to try IQAS after WES evaluated my LLB degree as a bachelor’s degree.

Goodluck.

Aduke406:
Good day Peeps, Please can any body share the process involved in processing law school transcript and possibly a contact to speed up the process? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by derahhh(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2018
Just carefully following this thread....God help me understand all these Abbreviations!!�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swtibogirl88: 10:35am On Oct 04, 2018
Hello house.. Good morning. Please I need an answer ASAP ... I am the PA. My husband is a Medical Dr and has a Master's. We evaluated his Master's but his NOC is 3112.... Since he's my dependent, do we need to evaluate his MBBS n not his Master's. Pls am waiting
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 10:35am On Oct 04, 2018
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

The above is an excerpt from CIC's website about assessing work experience against the minimum requirement.
People have always been getting it wrong, the parts that concern you in NOC classification are : Illustrative Examples, Exclusions and Main duties. You are NOT REQUIRED to meet the employement require stated in the NOC classification.

JustCare:

Please I'm throwing this question to you and to the house based on this your post.

After my secondary school, I taught in a school for 2 years. Right now I'm about to be called for NYSC. Can I apply with that two years experience while also tendering my BSc as my highest educational qualifiecat?

Would this experience match for NOC teaching skill I will choose, is it necessary to match with what you're choosing on the NOC?

From my research through the timeline I aslo discovered that any work experience acquired while studying full time in the university doesn't count, any change so far?

I can see people are going more to Ottawa lately, are there provinces that are accepting more than others?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ademolaadeyemi: 10:36am On Oct 04, 2018
Am new here, i found this thread very interesting. God bless admin and everyone here. I applied for canadian express entry recently, my point is 360, will i get invitation to apply for PR with that point.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Swtibogirl88: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2018
Thank you dear... Am grateful. Will he be need reference letter from his place of work?
veleta:

If you are the primary applicant and your hubby evaluated his Masters in Public Health,then it's not a problem.You are good to go.Spouses work experience does not count.Spouses only get points for ECA and ielts.
So,there is no need for WES refund.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 10:42am On Oct 04, 2018
Kai! Tough, very tough! Hope it is resolved quickly.
NeneSisi:
Good morning everyone and congratulations to all PPR & ITA clinchers and grabbers

To those of us still gathering documentation to enter the pool, don't give up.

If it's any consolation my Taxify driver just informed me the fuel gauge of his car isn't functional, and the car has started jerking. No fuel station within a 2km radius.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JustCare: 10:43am On Oct 04, 2018
iamkunski:
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

The above is an excerpt from CIC's website about assessing work experience against the minimum requirement.
People have always been getting it wrong, the parts that concern you in NOC classification are : Illustrative Examples, Exclusions and Main duties. You are NOT REQUIRED to meet the employement require stated in the NOC classification.

So what exactly should guide one's choice of NOC. BSc, skills, work experience, duties during NYSC? Sorry if I bore you with my questions. I just want to know what counts at this stage considering numerous things one has being into in the past or currently at.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Eddy4400: 10:47am On Oct 04, 2018
Ramj:

You can write an LOE that although you graduated in Dec 2012, you didnt get your certificate till 2013. That works.

Je m'appelle Ramj

Okay, thanks for the feedback. When filling BSc start and end date post ITA in personal history, should he input Dec 2012 or Sept 2013 as end date?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Issyman(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2018
lk1234:
Congrats to everyone who got ITA recently.

Also starting off on this journey and need clarification regarding evaluation of ICAN certificates. I understand WES evaluates "ICAN ACA" certificate as " two year professional study of accounting" but also add the remark "not comparable to any Canadian education credential".
See the response from IRCC twitter handle.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2018
Here

JustCare:

So what exactly should guide one's choice of NOC. BSc, skills, work experience, duties during NYSC? Sorry if I bore you with my questions. I just want to know what counts at this stage considering numerous things one has being into in the past or currently at.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 04, 2018
smiley

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JustCare: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2018
iamkunski:
Here

Thanks man
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Inception12: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2018
Praise God saints, finally got my PPR in the night. Timeline below;
AOR....29th May
IP1.....6th June
IP2 and ADR.....20th Sept
PPR......3 October

ADR was for additional bank statements for pOF...i had initially only used employer pension fund statement. Thank God for this forum, I was stuck at CRS of 430 with only a bachelor's until i learnt of using ACCA diploma (for finishing papers F1 to F9) to get two or more certificate.

Thanks to all who answered my questions and helped in any way. May God bless you who are waiting for your PPR, you'll get there eventually.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2018
Inception12:
AOR....29th May
IP1.....6th June
PPR......3 October

ADR was for additional bank statements for pOF...i had initially only used employer pension fund statement. Thank God for this forum, I was stuck at CRS of 430 with only a bachelor's until i learnt of using ACCA diploma (for finishing papers F1 to F9) to get two or more certificate.

Thanks to all who answered my questions and helped in any way. May God bless you who are waiting for your PPR, you'll get there eventually.

Congratulations! All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2018
Welcome. You won't get ITA with 360. At least not with the latest trend of 440 and above for the past 9months. Look for ways to boost your score to at least 440.
ademolaadeyemi:
Am new here, i found this thread very interesting. God bless admin and everyone here. I applied for canadian express entry recently, my point is 360, will i get invitation to apply for PR with that point.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2018
Nice! Congrats!
Inception12:
AOR....29th May
IP1.....6th June
PPR......3 October

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.