Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (912356 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2018
ugomnaanny:
transcript from imsu is 40k , my elder sister paid $275 Canadian dollars for the verification with her debit card over there in Canada. Paid for my transcript 5th Sept thou they are yet to email it to ices but promised to do so next week.

Hi please I sent you a pm. Kindly respond. I won’t be a bother, I promise. It’s just for a simple yet private consultation. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2018
purplerain:
Its PPR guys. Yes o, after 7 months, London VO has freed me.
AOR: 4 March 2018
PPR: 9 Oct 2018.

What a refreshing post. Congratulations ma'am

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2018
A big congratulations to u! Pls just give us the part two already... don’t be like London Visa Office *Lips sealed*

Bimz89:
Its PPR guys...���. I am a silent follower. Been following since 2016 and this thread taught me almost everything about the immigration process so thanks to everybody and may you all get a PPR.

AOR - March 19, 2018
IP1- March 23
MEP- April 17
IP 2- Sept 17
ADR - Sept 21-Height and eye colour request ( submitted immediately)
PPR- Oct 9

My journey started in 2016 when my husband's cousin told me about it but she advised me to use an agent. When i contacted an agent and he told me to bring 3000 dollars, i just knew there was no way my husband was gonna agree to that and he was also not ready to do any research so i just dashed myself brain and started researching on Nairaland straight.. knew i could get almost all the information i needed here.
I wrote ielts twice and still didnt have 8 in listening so husband decided to be the primary applicant since he had more work experience than me anywayz. He wrote 4 times and kept having 6.5 in either reading or writing. I was so frustrated because i was pregnant and really wanted to have my baby abroad and husband had told me to either choose using our money to give birth in the US or to pursue the Canada immigration plan, i chose the latter because i thought i could give birth in Canada and the whole family still gets to become permanent residents but God was just doing Yimu for me i guess. Anywayz, our point was sitting at 411since last year and when the cutoff points were reducing last year, i was very hopeful that it would get to 411 and one of the most painful days of my life was when the draw was out that day and it was 413 ( this is because the draw was following a particular trend, reducing my 4 to 5 points). I cried that day enh, i couldnt just be strong any longer. To cut the long story short, i advised my husband to go through the provincial route and that was the beginning of another torture...... watch out for part 2 ( ghen ghen ghen ghen) heheheh

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 10:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Expectantbee:

Hi please I sent you a pm. Kindly respond. I won’t be a bother, I promise. It’s just for a simple yet private consultation. Thanks in advance
.OK , yet to see it thou
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2018
Isn't it amazing how the thread can be doing "go-slow" and the next minute, it enters vex mode and becomes flooded with drama and "catfights"?

On a lighter note, congrats Bimz89. It has ended in praise.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Why would she pay 275CAD when she should have paid $226CA and use her Canadian address? Tell her to change the address and ask for a refund.
wasn't aware of this..would hit her up. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2018
ugomnaanny:
.OK , yet to see it thou

I’ve just resent it but just incase you don’t see it, I was going to ask you for an IMSU contact if you have one. I know contacts are something people would rather share privately and I understand.

This enquiry is for my sister. Though she used WES. WES has sent the verification mail to IMSU for quite a while now and there’s been no response. Apparently the contact person she had for her transcript is no longer reachable. Do you know how else she can contact IMSU ?Or would you please pm with your contact person’s details if you have one? Since you didn’t get my pm, I on the other hand, receive pm requests all the time. If you don’t mind, kindly try ’pming’ me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2018
Bimz89:
Its PPR guys...���. I am a silent follower. Been following since 2016 and this thread taught me almost everything about the immigration process so thanks to everybody and may you all get a PPR.

AOR - March 19, 2018
IP1- March 23
MEP- April 17
IP 2- Sept 17
PPR- Oct 9

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2018
Amen!!! Thanks dear

jholarharde:
congratulations @purplerain, may your new land be fertile. @ newmum how is landing preparations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2018
Thank you!
mcstan18:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Enitan007(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2018
Please I sent you a PM.
mcstan18:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2018
Thanks dear. grin

Pegzzyg:
Waoh! Congrats.... Can't even begin to imagine how scared you must have been after receiving mail of additional details.... Thank God it ended in Praise!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tibayo1: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Why complicate your application? Teaching is a perfectly acceptable NOC.
Abeg use the most straightforward one.
The NOC you use doesn't determine the job you'll do when you relocate and this biomedical situation sounds like a candidate for interview and long processing.

Thank �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2018
Awww, thank you so much. grin

TEECANN:

Congratulations! !!

Your PPR story struck an emotional string in me. I'm so happy and grateful to God it ended in praise.

Also, your colllective familial patience and calmness saw you all through as a unit in one piece. Most would have lost it...with that prolonged wait and multiple ADR bullets...are you kidding me! grin

Accept my felicitations once again.

Go flourish in Canada, fulfil destiny and do God proud.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by haywhy80: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2018
haywhy80:
Hello All,

Is it mandatory I run my account at least for 6 months with the stipulated PoF before printing my bank statement?

Timely response will be appreciated. Thanks.

Good morning All,

Please, I need a swift response to the question above. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2018
HI Sucreklint. Had similar issues a while ago, apparently, only married women can have a ''change of name'' at immigration. But if your husband want to remove and add a new name, it is called ''change of data'' not change of name, and the fee and processing documents are different. It can only be done from Abuja immigration office. The passport office in Ikoyi will guide you through, because the documents you will require for change of name or change of data are different.

I know you will need an affidavit, newspaper publication, data page of old passport, other docs and ofcourse, a fee. Please visit the passport office to be properly guided, I learnt the hard way. I PAID immigration twice because aside my Hubs surname which I took on (change of name), I also added his first name (which they claim is separate and a change of data and approval for it will come from Abuja).

Sucreklint:
Somebody help plsssssssss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2018
There's always this wave of disappointment that overwhelms me anytime I check my account and see the annoying IP1 message - "Your application is in progress..."

My people, na so I say make I check my account now and boom! IP2!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOR is June 13. Yay!!!!!!!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2018
ChandlerBing:
All these fake age questions should stop please. Did you consult us before you falsified your age? Leave us all out of it and sort out your own mess.

You people are bringing undue scrutiny to Nigerians. Making a mockery of sworn affidavits and NPC birth declarations.

Personally, I believe everybody who has ever had a cause to lie about or to conceal their age is an underachiever and quite frankly a looser.

I quite agree with you but I think your concluding statement was a bit too harsh too. Let's hope and pray that our affidavits and co don't lose their credibility before long. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tibayo1: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2018
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the Part 2... In between, was it EE CRS that dropped to 413?

Bimz89:

AOR - March 19, 2018
IP1- March 23
MEP- April 17
IP 2- Sept 17
PPR- Oct 9

My journey started in 2016 when my husband's cousin told me about it but she advised me to use an agent. When i contacted an agent and he told me to bring 3000 dollars, i just knew there was no way my husband was gonna agree to that and he was also not ready to do any research so i just dashed myself brain and started researching on Nairaland straight.. knew i could get almost all the information i needed here.
I wrote ielts twice and still didnt have 8 in listening so husband decided to be the primary applicant since he had more work experience than me anywayz. He wrote 4 times and kept having 6.5 in either reading or writing. I was so frustrated because i was pregnant and really wanted to have my baby abroad and husband had told me to either choose using our money to give birth in the US or to pursue the Canada immigration plan, i chose the latter because i thought i could give birth in Canada and the whole family still gets to become permanent residents but God was just doing Yimu for me i guess. Anywayz, our point was sitting at 411since last year and when the cutoff points were reducing last year, i was very hopeful that it would get to 411 and one of the most painful days of my life was when the draw was out that day and it was 413 ( this is because the draw was following a particular trend, reducing my 4 to 5 points). I cried that day enh, i couldnt just be strong any longer. To cut the long story short, i advised my husband to go through the provincial route and that was the beginning of another torture...... watch out for part 2 ( ghen ghen ghen ghen) heheheh

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 11:12am On Oct 10, 2018
crystalllllllll:
Is it bad to ask questions? I for one hate it when people tell others to go read from page 1. If you can't answer their questions, simply ignore. If you can and you think the question has been answered some pages before you can do well to look it up and then answer with a link to that page. Imagine being on page 389 and dwelling on page 1 info. Things change sometimes and we all know that. Plus people are busy with other things in life too, not just Canadian immigration.

If only you know how much time, research and energy it takes to contribute and update page 1 (voluntarily) for the good of everyone, you'd be apologizing to the contributors of this thread. Moreso, if you think a certain section of page 1 needs an update, you can initiate that and let people here know. No one is a repository of knowledge on this EE stuff.

You know, we also have so much in our daily lives to attend to, maybe more than the silent readers and constant inquirers of the thread. Let's not get offended when we get referred to page 1 please

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2018
Bimz89:
Its PPR guys...���.
AOR - March 19, 2018
PPR- Oct 9

Congratulations. Serve the part 2 already.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2018
Enitan007:
Please I sent you a PM.

Okay. I'll check it out and revert.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 11:32am On Oct 10, 2018
Bimz89:

AOR - March 19, 2018
IP1- March 23
MEP- April 17
IP 2- Sept 17
PPR- Oct 9

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Stonebreaker01: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2018
Congratulations I'm encouraged.

Bimz89:

AOR - March 19, 2018
IP1- March 23
MEP- April 17
IP 2- Sept 17
PPR- Oct 9

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2018
ChandlerBing:
All these fake age questions should stop please. Did you consult us before you falsified your age? Leave us all out of it and sort out your own mess.

You people are bringing undue scrutiny to Nigerians. Making a mockery of sworn affidavits and NPC birth declarations.

Personally, I believe everybody who has ever had a cause to lie about or to conceal their age is an underachiever and quite frankly a looser.

Ouch at the emboldened. I falsified my age because i was too young to get into university... so added two years to the real age! Had initially added one year to get into secondary school (if I remember correctly)...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2018
Bimz89:

AOR - M

Congratulations Bimz89.. Go Shine

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2018
Please kindly confirm if this is for undergraduate or postgraduate
MissOlawumi:
Haba now!!! That's a long time, their server is down. You have to go or send someone to room 7 with your transcript receipt (payment of 5k generated from remita) and the mail (print out) WES sent to you. August 13 is a long time ooo, My transcript was sent September 4 and I verified two weeks ago. Please take action and best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2018
Ms. Tojued! cheesy grin cheesy
Tojued:

Ouch at the emboldened. I falsified my age because i was too young to get into university... so added two years to the real age! Had initially added one year to get into secondary school (if I remember correctly)...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2018
Zanotee:
ok thanks. I also have this to say too. The company I worked for changed their first Contract after my first 4 months to another company. in other words, my full 12 months salaries were paid from 2 differnt companies. How do i address and expalin that in my reference letter and statement of account.

Use your LOE to explain. I hope both job descriptions fall under the same NOC...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Its PPR guys. Yes o, after 7 months, London VO has freed me. shocked
AOR: 4 March 2018
MEP: 13 March 2018
ADR 1: 19 Sep 2018
ADR 2: 2 Oct 2018
RPRF : 5 Oct 2018
IP2 : 9 Oct 2018
PPR: 9 Oct 2018.

Only God knows how and when Lagos became involved in my case.

It sha ended in praise!!!.

Wow! Congrats. March 4 AOR
Lagos immigration! From where? How come?
8 ADR?
shocked
Marvelous God, thank you for how it ended for op and her family. Lord remember the others still hanging on. LVO, Accra, Kiev -- RELEASE THEM!

Congrats @Bimz89

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
This is the kind of PPR gist I like reading, long and sweet.
Congratulations@Bimz89
Come and kwantinu the gist jooor, don't be a bad shild

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.