Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (915542 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Obi1conte: 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
CanadianNaija:

I registered with my AOR letter, I think the most significant thing they ask for is your UCI number, the one that’s starts with 11... it was asked of us today, and the confirmation email they sent specifically stated that you must have that.

Hiya
Am very much interest in registering. I have my AOR letter but the UCI i have begins with CAN0000......... and not 11 as you have stated.
Can i still register with that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
Lmao! *her or he*

@ifeoma77 u have finally confused the whole nairaland community! People don’t even care about the “f” in ur moniker again. tongue tongue

Enitan007:
You prayed and it happened. @smslive2, seems you have inducted her or he to foresee..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Obi1conte:

Hiya
Am very much interest in registering. I have my AOR letter but the UCI i have begins with CAN0000......... and not 11 as you have stated.
Can i still register with that?

I honestly don’t know if you can. You can contact them via email to ask, because having the UCI number seemed to be a requirement.

I think my own number changed from from CAN to UCI at a point, but I Wasnt keeping track of when it did that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Obi1conte: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
CanadianNaija:

I honestly don’t know if you can. You can contact them via email to ask, because having the UCI number seemed to be a requirement.

I think my own number changed from from CAN to UCI at a point, but I Wasnt keeping track of when it did that.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
waynetemi:
Congratulations o! 17 months ke?? shocked

And here i am complaining about my wait going to 11 months. All this rain and not a drop has touched me. I have gradually lost interest sef.
Moving on with a new business venture and bigger things. My attitude: whenever God says it is time. While i wait i will live .. grin grin

Hang In there. Hang in there. Don't stop doing your thing but remember some of us remember your monikers and are rooting for you guys.

@ ITABABE testimony shows us it will happen in its season. Congrats @ ITABABE. I celebrate with you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
Obi1conte:

Thanks a bunch

You should find it here on your page, and It should look like the pic.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olujastro: 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
Experience4u:
8 in writing? Wow, bros how did you achieve such mean fit. Abeg school me
I wish I knew what to "school you" with because I had no preparation whatsoever for the tests apart from the Listening. I just felt Speaking and Writing particularly are natural; what you have is what you give. I read a lot from both local and foreign print media, Wikipedia, etc. so that helps I guess.

Just ensure you start with Task 2 as it carries twice more marks than Task 1. And there's a natural tendency that you'll have fresher vocabs to use in the beginning than towards the end. Also ensure you have a minute or two before time up to proofread your essays and correct possible spelling or punctuation errors.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ifeoma77:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy it is a bad hand tongue

what an unrepentant shild, I rest my case cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
dumprep:
My great family. It has happened!

How many days did it take to type this please? Congrats to you and your sweet brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
mcstan18:

Mcstan18 has responded ma'am
you're the best, thanks for coming through. pls a quick one in filling my EE profile, I will like to confirm if it is just occupation for which I'm claiming points for that I will enter because I want to avoid stories that touch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nnetayo: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ok...someone just goes away for a few days and comes back to all these bountiful testimonies? Goodness! God be praised indeed

@dumprep your piece made me shed a few tears (had to clarify that for Tojued's sake...lol). I can tell already that you are going to be an asset to Canada smiley

May everyone who received PPR go and flourish. May the God who did it for you all do it for us all who are trusting that He would.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hello All,

This might seem funny, but i want to be sure as i am about to enter the pool. Please on the CIC application page , where do I add my minor dependent(my daughter). I have looked only my wife as accompanying is there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wizean(m): 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
Now I am so dazed at these outpour of PPR, it's just so mind blowing.

A very big congratulations to all the PPR clinchers...... Greater heights!

@Dumprep, a special congratulations to you ma'am!

@Team June AOR, we keep the hope high.

One love guys !

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ogamazi001(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
My mindset is that of Christ and that came from Gen 26: 12-14 maybe you look at it. Thanks bro/sis
intswagga:

This statement isn't a good mindset to have although, its good for one to persevere but don't over play it for the gain of jealousy smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dannyko: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
ITABABE:
So I know I have to do this now . Many of you might not know my "moniker" but I have been in this race since 2016.All my mates here in Nairaland have all landed sef. Now I want you to look at my timeline carefully and note the year.

IELTS: January 2016-9 8.5 7.5 7
ITA: April something can't remember 2017
AOR: may 25 2017
MP: July 1 2017
IP2 : August 1 or 3 2017

Then Silence....................................................................................................................................................We entered 2018

Ordered GCMS Feb 2018. No flags notes. Mails said application was still under processing. Wrote Prime Minister sef . Same story. Then Silence again..............................,,,,,,........................................................................................................................................ I had to stop commenting on Nairaland as I neither belonged to this thread nor did I belong to the threAd of those who had already landed . I was sha in between

An update came late August for another set of Medicals as the one previously done had expired. We finally got a date in October.

Let's just say PPR landed this morning, Oct 16th 2018;[/b]10 days after the second Medicals and [b]17 months after AOR. Thank you to @glitteringstar and @chinne4Jesus for still checking on me from time to time.

Keep the support on this page ongoing . May Canada favor us all.
Wow!I recognise your moniker so well.Congratulations to you and other PPR recipients.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
CanadianNaija:

You should find it here on your page, and It should look like the pic.

Hi my biometrics dated is back dated and I don't know why. It says 7/10/2014 to expire 7/10/2024. Why is mine back dated?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
Congratulations to all who aced ielts those who got invites and to all who got PPR.

May the last 3 months of 2018 favour us all with good news.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daks01: 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
You’re not alone, that thing confused me too. But under personal details just put the no of persons going as 3 (you, your wife and daughter). After ITA they’ll request for her details.

prost80:
Hello All,

This might seem funny, but i want to be sure as i am about to enter the pool. Please on the CIC application page , where do I add my minor dependent(my daughter). I have looked only my wife as accompanying is there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pacowo: 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
FaskRolce:
congrats o. It has ended in praise.
please while writing LOE for gift deed, what reason was given? Also, was his statement of account included in your submission?

thanks.

Hi

Don't understand what you mean by reason. No his statement was not included. Gift deed prepared and signed by commissioner for oaths (at high court)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
As the spirit leads
Enitan007:
You prayed and it happened. @smslive2, seems you have inducted her or he to foresee..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
Jbelieve:

Hi my biometrics dated is back dated and I don't know why. It says 7/10/2014 to expire 7/10/2024. Why is mine back dated?

Hi, i really don't know why that is, if you did it recently and you're concerned by this maybe try sending them a message pointing it out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Gloriouscrown: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Congratulations to ppr, ita clinchers and ielts smashers!
Please just to clarify, I read on ices website that the requirement for Nigeria include s waec transcript. Is this a recent development?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Gloriouscrown: 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
@dumprep, special congratulations to you! Thanks for taking time to answer my mails.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
mcstan18:

grin you caught me.

That's not even the toughest part of the task. It is combing through over 30 pages of the thread looking to update the page, after a 5 days absence.
You're the real MVP, Well done sir!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2018
olujastro:
I did ielts last month and my CRS is 438 at the moment, 2 points below the current 440. If I wait till July/Aug next year my CRS will be 473 courtesy of masters and age.
My initial plan was to wait till next year before entering pool, but my friends have been putting pressure on me to use my Nigerian BSc and apply instead, citing unfounded fears that things can change really fast by next year (EE could stop, the process and required documents can become more difficult, etc.).

The problems I have with using my naija BSc is the unnecessary stress and cost of verifying transcripts. Having to put enormous pressure on people and bribe them to do their jobs that they're paid to do is sickening to me. With European degrees, it's about one click away at almost no cost. So I'll be happy to avoid all the naija wahala especially with WES now demanding WAEC for Nigerian degrees.

Any chance the cut off will drop below 440? What's the pattern like for cut offs...does it increase or decrease at the beginning or end of the year?
Any advice if you were in my shoes?

This is entirely up to you. Would the score go below 440 this year? No one can say. We would like that to happen for our brothers/sisters in the 430's but at this stage, people are being advised to max out or try PNP where all else fails.

By all accounts, 473 is an excellent score. Even if crs scores go up next year, its unlikely going to affect you. And we know this program has plans to run until 2020.

I take it you have started the masters program already. I remember when entering the pool earlier this year, some members on this thread were heading for open university programs. By the first quarter of next year, we will be rejoicing with them. So you see, its all about planning. Take a bold decision and work towards it.

For your degree, you can use ICES since WAEC buhaha and verification wahala nor dey.
Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Majesticniyi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
CanadianNaija:

You get the real UCI when R-10 (completeness check) is passed. It usually come with MEP and BIL.

Lemme goan register for Planning for Canada, biko. I only registered for FPHRC before.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jneo(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hello guys, I just discovered this thread this evening. We just received our ITA yesterday, my wife is the primary applicant. We have started filling the application form online. So, we inquired and got to know that the hospitals for the test were Children practice and Q life hospitals in lagos. Now, our issue is that the first hospital said they weren't attending to Canada testings for now while the second hospital said the next available date for testing is in December. Guys, are those the only hospitals for the test? And if they are, what do we now do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by OYASALOF(f): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
IOM ikeja

jneo:
Hello guys, I just discovered this thread this evening. We just received our ITA yesterday, my wife is the primary applicant. We have started filling the application form online. So, we inquired and got to know that the hospitals for the test were Children practice and Q life hospitals in lagos. Now, our issue is that the first hospital said they weren't attending to Canada testings for now while the second hospital said the next available date for testing is in December. Guys, are those the only hospitals for the test? And if they are, what do we now do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Majesticniyi:

You get the real UCI when R-10 (completeness check) is passed. It usually come with MEP and BIL.

Lemme goan register for Planning for Canada, biko. I only registered for FPHRC before.

Ok great, didn’t know that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by deTimo: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
Enitan007:
I hope you have gotten her ECA now?

Yes. Two or more degrees in the bag.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by beeodun: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
igwillions:

Those who posted it as been equivalent to 3years bachelor degree didn't state if they had exemptions or not. Thanks as I await your response(s).

1. The ‘exemptions’ do not pose any negative effect of any sort. Your certificate is what matters. If WES continues with the trend,your certificate will be evaluated as such.

2. If you enroll for Intermediate 2 now,your first exams will be Feb 2019 and you’ll be done with all exams by Feb 2020. Can’t say about certificate collection/convocation but trust shouldn’t be a biggy.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Gloriouscrown:
Congratulations to ppr, ita clinchers and ielts smashers!
Please just to clarify, I read on ices website that the requirement for Nigeria include s waec transcript. Is this a recent development?
Share the link now, I am briefly available to confirm. I used ICES last month without WAEC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.