Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (907115 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Violetdaisy:

Thanks,I had to use both NOCs. Pls do doctors need their transcripts too for the application?
No you don't need transcript when applying for ECA for the purpose of express entry. You only need transcript when you are applying for residency in Canada. U request for transcript verification separately. But if you have the cash, u can do both at the same time....eventhough transcript won't be used for express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by drcynthia(f): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
DrMrsCK:

My bad...thanks for the clarification
Uwc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
What was ur ielts score?
Tlontin:

Please, is there a short diploma course I can do instead of masters but recognized by wes... to boost my point. Ielts isn’t kinda favorable.

Please ooooo

Bsc 29yrs I’m done with my eca...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
Please put her marital name and not maiden name.
This doesn't affect anything
fadeofresh:
Hi Nlers,

My wife's school documents has her surname (when she was still a miss grin)
but she now makes use of my surname since we got married.

I'm about to fill the wes application for her and i'm wondering which surname would be best to use.

Gurus in the house, kindly shed light on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
Give ielts another best shot. Practice very hard and ace it with a minimum of 8777 in LRWS and ur CRS point will definitely increase
Tlontin:

Thanks bro.... but my first attempt is LRSW 6.5,6.5,7,6

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by shinefelicity: 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ifeoma77:

No. Your work experience is your work experience
If it requires Master's degree to get a job with Canadian employers, who's to say it must be the same in your home country?
Claim your points with pride jare

Okay, thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
cntabs:

thanks I've messaged jasmine17. Has yours been verified?
just had my transcript sent, waiting for it to get to wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Good day great people...hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I have a little situation here and I need help.

My application is at the IP2 stage and I got a medical request form yesterday to retake my medicals (my current medicals expires 1st week in December ) with a 30 days expiration timeline.

Anyone who has an available slot in qlife or children's practice for a family of 3 on or before 20th November...and is willing to swope (for qlife) or is nit urgently in need of taking the medical exams...Pls PM me.

I have a slot for November 29th with qlife which would do me no good considering my timeline.

I will also explore IOM in ikeja but I wouldn't say no to a medical exam at a lesser price after all na d same tinz dem dey do.

Guys...please assist if you can...Cheers.

It will all end in praise! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:
Good day great people...hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I have a little situation here and I need help.

My application is at the IP2 stage and I got a medical request form yesterday to retake my medicals (my current medicals expires 1st week in December ) with a 30 days expiration timeline.

Anyone who has an available slot in qlife or children's practice for a family of 3 on or before 20th November...and is willing to swope (for qlife) or is nit urgently in need of taking the medical exams...Pls PM me.

I have a slot for November 29th with qlife which would do me no good considering my timeline.

I will also explore IOM in ikeja but I wouldn't say no to a medical exam at a lesser price after all na d same tinz dem dey do.

Guys...please assist if you can...Cheers.

It will all end in praise! cheesy
Wow, when does the 30-day countdown kick off?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
Richness1104:
Give ielts another best shot. Practice very hard and ace it with a minimum of 8777 in LRWS and ur CRS point will definitely increase
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
The medical request form was dated 26th October 2018...so the countdown is 30 days from 26th October I suppose.

ontarioissauga:

Wow, when does the 30-day countdown kick off?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:
The medical request form was dated 26th October 2018...so the countdown is 30 days from 26th October I suppose.

OK. After medicals passed, it is your PPR. So no space for medicals is delaying you. Try to go to IOM or go beg the people you did the expiring one with, to see if they can accommodate you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by SasaEnitan: 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hello All,

I am a Canadian PR holder. I did not add my sister in my application (IMM 5406) considering the fact that she is married. Now she has decided to move to Canada and would require sibling points. As I did not declare her initially, would she be able to get those point?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
Thanks mate...I did the 1st medical with children's practice but they are NOT taking on anyone for now...management decision...qlife is saying 29th November except if someone calls to cancel (hoping I get a call from them)...if not...then it's iom or a life saver from nairaland grin

...this is the last bus stop before PPR by His Grace...cheers

ontarioissauga:

OK. After medicals passed, it is your PPR. So no space for medicals is delaying you. Try to go to IOM or go beg the people you did the expiring one with, to see if they can accommodate you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:
Thanks mate...I did the 1st medical with children's practice but they are NOT taking on anyone for now...management decision...qlife is saying 29th November except if someone calls to cancel (hoping I get a call from them)...if not...then it's iom or a life saver from nairaland grin

You can go to IOM in the flesh and table your case. Or just go to IOM. Is IOM a walk-in? Do you require a booking?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
SasaEnitan:
Hello All,

I am a Canadian PR holder. I did not add my sister in my application (IMM 5406) considering the fact that she is married. Now she has decided to move to Canada and would require sibling points. As I did not declare her initially, would she be able to get those point?
They even said you should account for the dead if any, na married person come miss out. Her kids could have made you to include her details.

I don't know but documents and explanation should be sufficient.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ifeoma77:

No. Your work experience is your work experience
If it requires Master's degree to get a job with Canadian employers, who's to say it must be the same in your home country?
Claim your points with pride jare

I will like to urge a bit of caution here please. Guess that throwing away Canadian standards or requirements may be problematic.
In any case, the employment requirement for NOC4162 states "A master's degree in economics or in a related discipline such as business administration or statistics is usually required."
Note that its not a MUST to have a Masters degree.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:

Wish you the best hereon....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
olajide21:

When was your AoR and IP2 date?

Mine was 13/12/17 and 23/01/18 respectively.
Prepare for a possible redoing medicals instructions letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by shinefelicity: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
fmsimple:

I will like to urge a bit of caution here please. Guess that throwing away Canadian standards or requirements may be problematic.
In any case, the employment requirement for NOC4162 states "A master's degree in economics or in a related discipline such as business administration or statistics is usually required."

Best wishes.

Noted, thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
fmsimple:

Best wishes.
Oga we are saying the same thing na.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by hernyhorla: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ramj:

Congratulations on your nomination

However I must say now is not the time to be asking what is the next step, you have been on this Journey since january to say the least.
You should be a master of what next now. Not here asking what you should do next.

I am sure someone that knows would answer (i dont know to be honest), but we need to take these things more seriously.

Sometimes we act like these things just stumble on us but not so. What you have spent money, time and resources on - we can do better me people

I wish you Godspeed.

Je m'appelle SERIOUSMODE

Thanks for your response sir/ma

You could have been subtle in your response at least.

If I know , I won't ask .

Some of us don't really understand these processes like some do and asking shouldnt be considered wrong ,abeg.

I am sorry if my question ignite any anger in you.

If you know my story , you won't judge me.
My IELTS expires Next month .

I have said it repeatedly that I get confused with some of the processes.

Let me enjoy the moment first . Its my birthday tomorrow .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
SasaEnitan:
Hello All,

Bro/Sis you harsh o, so once a sibling gets married, you cancel them cry grin

Anyways, if your sister can do without the siblings' point, I think she should leave you out as well - to keep things simple.
Or she can write a compelling LOE detailing why you left her out of your application. And then both of you should pray that a reasonable VO works on her file

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Prepare for a possible redoing medicals instructions letter.

Well, that's inevitable unless God does some miracles. Been on SS since 24/01/18
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
olajide21:

Well, that's inevitable unless God does some miracles. Been on SS since 24/01/18
I learnt IRCC extends but no clue on the condions. Medicals expiration extensions will be the new PPR testimony to Nigerians.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
@IOM...I couldn't get through on phone. Sent a mail to their booking email but will follow up with a call on Monday. I don't know if a booking is required. ..will confirm on Monday

ontarioissauga:

You can go to IOM in the flesh and table your case. Or just go to IOM. Is IOM a walk-in? Do you require a booking?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
@olajide21...thanks...wishing you the best too

olajide21:

Wish you the best hereon....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:
@IOM...I couldn't get through on phone. Sent a mail to their booking email but will follow up with a call on Monday. I don't know if a booking is required. ..will confirm on Monday

OK. Do revert.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:
@olajide21...thanks...wishing you the best too

When was your AoR and IP2?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
ShininLite:

IoM would normally require that your book an appointment before your med. You guyz in Lagos are lucky though. In Abuja, we've got ONLY IoM. I was there earlier in the week for enquiries and was told that they would attend to 32! People that for Canadian Visas Related medicals.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
Security screening? That's rough mehn.

Are you by any chance in the military or any security agency? or are you a Canada Inland applicant?

You know you can request for update on your file from CBSA or CSIS, right?

All the best.
olajide21:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2018
joo2018:
Security screening? That's rough mehn.

Are you by any chance in the military or any security agency? or are you a Canada Inland applicant?

You know you can request for update on your file from CBSA or CSIS, right?

Hahahaha..... Done i there is to do.. CBSA, CSIS, GCMS, CSE, Mailed Ralph, Mailed Hussein, mailed OVO, called... I am humbled. Back to your question.

No military Background
FSWO
A private citizen
Decent travel history (Europe, Turkey and Dubai)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.