Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ekanDamie: 11:12am On Oct 28, 2018
olabellruk:
Whao dis your mentions serious o grin grin grin

Anyways. It's doesn't have any bearing on the process. Many people have gone through this and have landed in Canada without having prior travel history.

grin thanks brov
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ekanDamie: 11:12am On Oct 28, 2018
dumprep:

No, it does not stall your chances or get your application denied.
Eshey ma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chuckdee13(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2018
I dare say it will even make your process faster when you have no travel history.
ekanDamie:

Congratulations to you all I swear EE is a lot of work but u guys are resilient..

Please I don't know which 1 of u is active but I want to ask.
I have a fresh Int passport as I have not travelled to any country before,
Does it stall my chances of getting a visa? Or my application denied by the Visa Officer.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daks01: 11:21am On Oct 28, 2018
Lool...don't worry your own will come.

ekanDamie:

Lol. No mind me bro, I say may I use 1 stone kill 2 birds in,
1 to famz with the PPRs
2.use style tap into their good luck too. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2018
chuckdee13:
I dare say it will even make your process faster when you have no travel history.

This can't be entire through. The fact that you not have a travel history doesn't necessarily mean you would have a smooth sail and vice versa. All applications are unique and treated based on its own merit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2018
olajide21:

This can't be entire through. The fact that you not have a travel history doesn't necessarily mean you would have a smooth sail and vice versa. All applications are unique and treated based on its own merit.
... treated according to the values placed on the country you are a resident.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chuckdee13(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2018
Thats y I said "I dare say".
olajide21:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ekanDamie: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2018
chuckdee13:
Hmmm. Cos someone told me to even if its Ghana or Togo that I should travel. That stamps boost one chances with visa approval
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by deedorte: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
tolfa:
@deedorte
yes, it can be done. print and filled the EOR form online. Get your TRF with a bank draft of 15k raised on behalf of BC. just courier it to their office. it will be processed.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
Na lie jooor. It doesn't have bearing jare. Some people have extensive travel history and got their PPR in record time, while some never had a PP before this process and still had a long timeline, so mind them.

Do your best and leave the rest to God.

kainjiko.

ekanDamie:

Hmmm. Cos someone told me to even if its Ghana or Togo that I should travel. That stamps boost one chances with visa approval

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ijoseda(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
My best friend and my Madam kept telling me that my 'EFIKO" too much with the way I was preparing for the IELTS exam. Me that I know what my problem is with English! I got C4 in GCE (English Language) that I did in SS2 and WAEC gave me P7 in the one I did in SS3. Na since that time I don dey fear English Language!

Anyway, first attempt and I had 8.5,8.5,7.5 and 7 - LRSW.

Praise Jehova with me brethren!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

efueh:
No announcement of IELTS result from yesterday’s release? This is strange here, well may God meet our IELTS expectations asap.

Today’s writing task two question: Some people think it is important to spend a lot of money on wedding celebration. Others disagree.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

May today’s IELTS favor all those that sat for it; amen.

57 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DrMrsCK: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
ijoseda:
My best friend and my Madam kept telling me that my 'EFIKO" too much with the way I was preparing for the IELTS exam. Me that I know what my problem is with English! I got C4 in GCE (English Language) that I did in SS2 and WAEC gave me P7 in the one I did in SS3. Na since that time I don dey fear English Language!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Osaze007: 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2018
My people I decided to start my studies here next year and got admitted Canada has been a true life saver it has given me a second chance in life I’m forever grateful to the western civilisation they are the best

45 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
ijoseda:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congrats dear
I tap into this o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olajide21: 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
ontarioissauga:

... treated according to the values placed on the country you are a resident.

Even INLAND applicants who have lived inn Canada for almost a decade are place under eSS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good for you bros. I like the way you keep updating us each step of the way. Keeps our morale very high. All the best!
Osaze007:
My people I decided to start my studies here next year and got admitted Canada has been a true life saver it has given me a second chance in life I’m forever grateful to the western civilisation they are the best

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
ytp:
Ok, so today I have officially joined the Ielts humbled team as the humbLEST.I need your prayers, encouragements and if you are that generous, you can fast!I will pay back in due time.

If you fall into any of these categories and yet to write the ielts,b warned!
Sister: give us gist abt so so and so......
Me: ehn ehn ehn so the girl (long pause)..... infact it’s not serious.it sha happened
Sister: You like to hear other people’s gist but when it’s your turn, it takes you 15 seconds to narrate the whole event.
Ielts speaking examiner: tell me abt a surprise party organised by a friend for you.
Me: .......sighs, ehn, ehn....we were,...starts staring(2 minutes over)

Sister: pls can you do......!
Me: ehn, ehn ...pretending like I didn’t hear
Ielts Listening audio: this recording can only be played once.Now,listen to the recording and answer quests 1-5.
Student : Rose (1)............
Mesad1)... BRUT...( I no hear some letters cos my mind don wander comot exam hall)

Sister:have you read that article on biomimcry ,Me: No
Sister:let me give you an overview, Me: No, I want to knw every detail.
Ielts reading examssad12)Which paragraph contains the...
Me: took another 5 minutes to read the whole passage no show, had to start reading word for word because I want to ans all the question in that passage (20 minutes more I dey no. 12).

Ielts Writing exams .....I bet you don’t wanna knw��!
The essence of this whole *turanchi* is - don’t be too rigid.Life isn’t that serious, when the time comes for you to change tactics,.... OYO. May the odds favour us all!

Took my speaking test today. Omo mehn! No be moi-moi o. Was thinking it would flow like the white videos i have been watching embarassed I completely forgot that this is still Nigeria undecided

Omo dudu just dey rush me as if we dey fight shocked Didnt know when i started speaking in tongues and starting my sentences with "because" grin

All in all, i thank God for giving me the strength to overcome my fear of IELTS smiley Na to go find money book another one if this one flop grin

Peace all

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dialinn: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who has recorded some form progress through this entire journey up to PPR. I rejoice with you.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dialinn: 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ramj:

Nice one, it should come out positive, just wait it out and be hopeful. Please let the house know the feedback. Thanks

Je m'appelle Ramj

Hi ramj et all, my brother's ECA was assessed as BSC only irrespective of the pre degree statement of result. It was done by iqas. Not sure if it would have made a difference if he had a certificate for the pre degree or if the ECA was done by Wes or ices?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Topmag: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Hello everyone,
please does anyone have a direct contact on notarization of a gift of deed in Ikeja or VI. thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2018
I thought I was the only one who noticed. Wishing everyone success at their different stages and hope this place gets flooded with PPR and ITA updates this week.

Salud mi familia!!!
efueh:
No announcement of IELTS result from yesterday’s release? This is strange here, well may God meet our IELTS expectations asap.

Today’s writing task two question: Some people think it is important to spend a lot of money on wedding celebration. Others disagree.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

May today’s IELTS favor all those that sat for it; amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
olajide21:

Even INLAND applicants who have lived inn Canada for almost a decade are place under eSS.
Toh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Claire40: 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2018
PPR IS HERE grin grin grin

IELTS – February 1st
ITA – February 21st
AOR – March 16th
IP2- October 23rd
PPR – October 24th

First week of January, I finally decided to see what all the hullabaloo was about Canadian express entry in order to decide whether or not it will be appropriate for me. I spent the week reading up on the express entry process and reading the living in Canada thread. On the 9th of January, my journey officially started. I paid for WES and applied for transcript. About a week later, I paid for BC IELTS. It was like the heavens approved of my decision, ECA was ready 1st week of February and I did not even have to pay for transcripts as my University sent them FOC. I passed IELTS and family came through for POF making my CRS score 476. I wore my swimming trunk and took the plunge. Everything was moving smoothly. I was already planning June landing BUT London decided to teach me a lesson.

Some days after AOR, I received the dreaded “how to find a job in Canada” mail. From my GCMS notes the email coincided with the date my file was transferred to London. For 6 months, my file was gathering dust in London Visa Office. Also, my eligibility changed from met to not met when it was sent to London. After 6 months, I raised a CSE and was informed that my file had been transferred to Kyiv, Ukraine. In October, I sent a mail to Ralph Goodale and he responded that my eligibility had passed. Shortly afterwards, I moved to NA2, then IP2 and finally received the long awaited PPR.

Throughout this journey, I experienced so many emotions; joy, sadness, hope, euphoria, dejection etc. It was an emotional tasking something but God has done it. Delay is not denial. It finally ended in praise.

Proof of employment – My reference letter was short, only three duties were stated on it. I sha attached payslips, letter of employment, confirmation and promotion to avoid stories that touch

POF – I thought I did everything right for this section but it was this section that sent me to London. My POF had review required on it. I know that some people with review required remain in Ottawa but the one thing almost everyone in the London whatsapp group had in common was that review was required for one or more sections.

IELTS - I stammered and stuttered during my speaking test and did not even finish the two minutes but thankfully, I still got enough points to apply

Finally Nairalanders, you guys are a fantastic bunch of people. Thanks to everyone that has helped in growing this express entry thread. It is a great source of information and was very helpful to me.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ramj:

Congratulations on your nomination

However I must say now is not the time to be asking what is the next step, you have been on this Journey since january to say the least.
You should be a master of what next now. Not here asking what you should do next.

I am sure someone that knows would answer (i dont know to be honest), but we need to take these things more seriously.

Sometimes we act like these things just stumble on us but not so. What you have spent money, time and resources on - we can do better me people

I wish you Godspeed.

Je m'appelle SERIOUSMODE

can we quit with all this bullying and attacks at people...if you feel you would do more in her situation good for you. if you are so offended by the question ignore!!..i understand that we needed to make it clear to newcomers to stop repeating questions that have been answered over and over but now all of a sudden everyone thinks they should determine the tone of the conversation in the chatroom or what one should or shouldn't ask ...you class prefects need to calm down and take several sits behind, after all asking here is an attempt to understanding the process...better still direct the person to cic website and end it... undecided this comment isn't directed to just a person..its just a trend i have noted in the past few weeks..we can do better to help each other and encourage ourselves as we go on with this process

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tescom: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
dialinn:

Hi ramj et all, my brother's ECA was assessed as BSC only irrespective of the pre degree statement of result. It was done by iqas. Not sure if it would have made a difference if he had a certificate for the pre degree or if the ECA was done by Wes or ices?

Please how long did it take Iqas to evaluate right from when transcripts were received?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2018
Congratulations dear

Claire40:

IELTS – February 1st
ITA – February 21st
AOR – March 16th
IP2- October 23rd
PPR – October 24th

First week of January, I finally decided to see what all the hullabaloo was about Canadian express entry in order to decide whether or not it will be appropriate for me. I spent the week reading up on the express entry process and reading the living in Canada thread. On the 9th of January, my journey officially started. I paid for WES and applied for transcript. About a week later, I paid for BC IELTS. It was like the heavens approved of my decision, ECA was ready 1st week of February and I did not even have to pay for transcripts as my University sent them FOC. I passed IELTS and family came through for POF making my CRS score 476. I wore my swimming trunk and took the plunge. Everything was moving smoothly. I was already planning June landing BUT London decided to teach me a lesson.

Some days after AOR, I received the dreaded “how to find a job in Canada” mail. From my GCMS notes the email coincided with the date my file was transferred to London. For 6 months, my file was gathering dust in London Visa Office. Also, my eligibility changed from met to not met when it was sent to London. After 6 months, I raised a CSE and was informed that my file had been transferred to Kyiv, Ukraine. In October I sent a mail to Ralph Goodale and he responded that my eligibility had passed. Shortly afterwards, I moved to NA2, then IP2 and finally received the long awaited PPR.

Throughout this journey, I experienced so many emotions; joy, sadness, hope, euphoria, dejection etc. It was an emotional tasking something but God has done it. Delay is not denial. It finally ended in praise.

Proof of employment – My reference letter was short, only three duties were stated on it. I sha attached payslips, letter of employment, confirmation and promotion to avoid stories that touch

POF – I thought I did everything right for this section but it was this section that sent me to London. My POF had review required on it. I know that some people with review required remain in Ottawa but the one thing almost everyone in the London whatsapp group had in common was that review was required for one or more sections.

IELTS - I stammered and stuttered during my speaking test and did not even finish the two minutes but thankfully, I still got enough points to apply

Finally Nairalanders, you guys are a fantastic bunch of people. Thanks to everyone that has helped in growing this express entry thread. It is a great source of information and was very helpful to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oyesy: 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
Now you have received sense. The more information you give up here the more overspeculation they make. No two applications are the same. PPR will come forth for you @ the appointed time.

olajide21:

I won't give such details because you/others would begin to speculate. Both Nigerian Muslims and Christians are drawn into extended SS. No military/polotical or any other affiliations that would regularly call for eSS. Don't worry, everyone would get PPR at their time appointed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
Claire40:

IELTS – February 1st
ITA – February 21st
AOR – March 16th
IP2- October 23rd
PPR – October 24th

Some days after AOR, I received the dreaded “how to find a job in Canada” mail. From my GCMS notes the email coincided with the date my file was transferred to London. For 6 months, my file was gathering dust in London Visa Office. Also, my eligibility changed from met to not met when it was sent to London. After 6 months, I raised a CSE and was informed that my file had been transferred to Kyiv, Ukraine. In October I sent a mail to Ralph Goodale and he responded that my eligibility had passed. Shortly afterwards, I moved to NA2, then IP2 and finally received the long awaited PPR.

Congrats dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.