Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909068 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:
Lol. You ehn.
Talking:
I like your reply jare grin grin grin
Well we have to thread very carefully nowadays o, eggshells everywhere. Before anybody will add my name to list of class prefects that are giving the thread a 'negative vibe'. This life na per head.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2018
ontarioissauga:

I bet he doesn't know what he is doing. He is paying for representation. He will still be the one doing the job.

Well, so long as I'm not the one who's saying so smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2018
ontarioissauga:

PM if you actually need help but you must pay.

#thePOFhustleisreal grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by woaini(f): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
Talking:
Based on the little information I've gathered from reading this thread from part 1 up until part 5, I have come to the conclusion that;

1. A lot of people are ignorant.

10. A lot of these category of people will not like this post.

NOTE: This is not directed at anyone in particular. If you think this post applies to you, then it means you are guilty of one or more of the above points raised. smiley

11. A lot of people agree with you
12. A lot of people don't
13. More people are even 'yimu-ing' at your post

cheesy I am not the original poster ooo... I just felt the list was incomplete

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by doncorleone(m): 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
Kikikikiki..

Tojued:

A good number of us here started by reading page one of the thread and carrying out tons of research. You can go ahead to make the payment and let's see where it leads. That's why we're here afterall, to learn from each others' experiences.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by deesmama: 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
Claire40:
PPR IS HERE grin grin grin

IELTS – February 1st
ITA – February 21st
AOR – March 16th
IP2- October 23rd
PPR – October 24th

Congratulations Claire.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2018
A colleague's application was just cancelled sad

After all my guidance and the well packaged application, turns out he omitted the bio-data page of his passport when he was uploading. He forgot to add that important detail and only uploaded visa and entry/exit stamps. He did it at home, so there was no way for a second eye to vet before uploading. E pain me gaan.
He didn't even notice it after submission to quickly raise a CSE.
I am getting rusty with this process, I remember someone was refused cos of something similar, but can't remember if her application was reopened or not and if she was refunded all the fees she paid.
Any ideas what he should do? I no even get strength to think.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ottawasenators: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:
Bros the reason no one is giving you the answer you want to read is because we don't understand what you are trying to do. This is a DIY group and you won't see many people on this thread who are using agents or consultants to help them through the process. I suggest you go to page 1 of this thread, take time out and read through. It's a simple enough process that you can handle yourself, which is what you will do with an agent anyway.

A word they say...

Is enough for the wise grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2018
Agbaya grin grin grin.

Tojued:

A good number of us here started by reading page one of the thread and carrying out tons of research. You can go ahead to make the payment and let's see where it leads. That's why we're here afterall, to learn from each others' experiences.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2018
That sucks.

Not sure if any appeal is possible. He should get his fees refunded though.

"Incomplete applications
If an application is found to be incomplete, the processing office must reject the application by

promoting and then cancelling the application in GCMS with the application status reason listed as “incomplete application”;
noting in GCMS the reason(s) for rejecting the application; and
repaying all fees associated with the application (e.g., the cost recovery fee and the right of permanent residence fee, as applicable).
When an application is rejected as incomplete, the applicant must submit a new Express Entry profile through their online account to be considered for any future rounds of invitations."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s02

The example you noted happened around Janaury in one of the older threads. Can't really do a thorough search now, but I remember it was her child's passport biodata page. I don't think her application was re-opened.

For refunds, check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1220&top=4
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/refund.asp
Newmum0615:

After all my guidance and the well packaged application, turns out he omitted the bio-data page of his passport when he was uploading. He forgot to add that important detail and only uploaded visa and entry/exit stamps. He did it at home, so there was no way for a second eye to vet before uploading. E pain me gaan.
I am getting rusty with this process, I remember someone was refused cos of something similar, but can't remember if her application was reopened or not and if she was refunded all the fees she paid.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
Eh yah. This is quite sad. Lets hope and pray it gets reopened/ he getting another ITA on Wednesday.

Newmum0615:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yakay: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:

If an application is rejected or cancelled because of being incomplete. the person will go back to the pool and wait for ITA again from what i understand and all fees will be refunded.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2018
Tojued:

#thePOFhustleisreal grin grin grin
Representation is a huge industry. Not everyone can read and understand. If you get the cash, I'm game.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2018
Thanks guys. The guy was very concerned about getting his fees refunded. POF was a hustle. At least, part of his headache is resolved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
Thanks a lot.
joo2018:
That sucks.

Not sure if any appeal is possible. He should get his fees refunded though.

"Incomplete applications
If an application is found to be incomplete, the processing office must reject the application by

promoting and then cancelling the application in GCMS with the application status reason listed as “incomplete application”;
noting in GCMS the reason(s) for rejecting the application; and
repaying all fees associated with the application (e.g., the cost recovery fee and the right of permanent residence fee, as applicable).
When an application is rejected as incomplete, the applicant must submit a new Express Entry profile through their online account to be considered for any future rounds of invitations."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s02

The example you noted happened around Janaury in one of the older threads. Can't really do a thorough search now, but I remember it was her child's passport biodata page. I don't think her application was re-opened.

For refunds, check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1220&top=4
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/refund.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by extraterestrial: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:

wow so sad...quickly went to check my folder for documents i scanned to be sure i didn't make same error...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by woaini(f): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
Kia village people used new pot to cook this one... so sad. I pray he gets ITA sharply all things being equal, he too would testify and this event would form part of his success story. Kpele

Newmum0615:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:

This is why people should arrange their available documents as they await ITA. If possible involve second eye. I'm not sure processing fee will be refunded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:
Thanks guys. The guy was very concerned about getting his fees refunded. POF was a hustle. At least, part of his headache is resolved.

Oh Dear!
I can only imagine how he must be feeling. I would be so gutted if my application is cancelled after all the time and energy.

Please how long post AOR was the application cancelled?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2018
Sometimes, no be clear eye my dear. I pride myself in being very organized and even with all my months of preparation and triple checking and labeling everything, I still uploaded work ref docs for JD 1 in placeholder for JD 2 and uploaded 2 in 1. Good thing is that I went to recheck what I uploaded some days later and raised a CSE when I noticed the mix-up.
ontarioissauga:

This is why people should arrange their available documents as they await ITA. If possible involve second eye. I'm not sure processing fee will be refunded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2018
Exactly 1 month and 1 day. AOR was Sept 28th. He had been waiting for Biometrics instruction letter since.
Fyorgyn:

Oh Dear!
I can only imagine how he must be feeling. I would be so gutted if my application is cancelled after all the time and energy.

Please how long post AOR was the application cancelled?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by speak2inspire(f): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2018
Elders in the house, please assist me.

I just got a mail asking me to complete and submit another schedule A form after submitting one last Friday.

The mail informed that I submitted the wrong form but I did not submit the wrong form. Please what do I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by rotile247(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2018
[quote author=gold638 post=72501767]Finally decided to start this journey Oct 2, 2018 and took the ielts exams oct 13. To HiM be all d glory first and only attempt: LWRS - 8.5, 7, 9, 7.5. ECA in progress with WES. Hoping for a smooth application process

[/quot
Success!

Please assist with material you study with?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:
Sometimes, no be clear eye my dear. I pride myself in being very organized and even with all my months of preparation and triple checking and labeling everything, I still uploaded work ref docs for JD 1 in placeholder for JD 2 and uploaded 2 in 1. Good thing is that I went to recheck what I uploaded some days later and raised a CSE when I noticed the mix-up.
Yeah, documenting after and before activities and going back after AOR are quite application - saving.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2018
Newmum0615:

Awww so sorry. All fees will be refunded, nothing spoil. He would just need to create a new EE profile, wait for ITA and then submit again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
Lol.
Yours is an old application na. You have already passed MEP/IP1. You can only get an ADR now if more info is needed.
extraterestrial:

wow so sad...quickly went to check my folder for documents i scanned to be sure i didn't make same error...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cntabs(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
Lansky:

About 3 weeks now sad . Contact? PM

cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
[quote author=rotile247 post=72505338][/quote]
How about, the materials you studied..? Start from there, that test calls for proper grammar. If you do anyhow, you see anyhow after 13 days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2018
speak2inspire:
Elders in the house, please assist me.

I just got a mail asking me to complete and submit another schedule A form after submitting one last Friday.

The mail informed that I submitted the wrong form but I did not submit the wrong form. Please what do I do?
Last week, there was a notice on CIC website about some wrong forms being available for download by mistake and calling on people who filled such forms to redo it. I think you may have been caught in that.
Just go and download it again and fill. Maybe they had an old version up for download or something
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Awww so sorry. All fees will be refunded, nothing spoil. He would just need to create a new EE profile, wait for ITA and then submit again.
All fees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2018
Biometrics fee is non-refundable sha.
ontarioissauga:

All fees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Distinct777: 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2018
Testimony time!!!

Mr writing has been upgraded to a 7!! cool
Time to dive into the pool grin grin

Applied for EOR with BC - 9/10
AOR -13/10
Results received 29/10

It will surely end in praise!

[qwuote author=Distinct777 post=71403105]I'm so sad
sad

Ielts
L 8.5
R 9.0
S 7.5
W 6.5

Please how do I apply for a remark? I'm so sure I did that writing well. How long will it take? [/quote]

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.