Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909262 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adunnee: 5:48am On Nov 03, 2018
geminitwin:
I tried downloading the IMM008 form with no success. I then went ahead to submit our passports a week ago without it because my family composition has not changed. I recently started feeling like i submitted incomplete documents especially since i have not been able to download the forms to compare their contents. My questions are,
Is the IMM008 form the same as the ADDITIONAL FAMILY REQUEST FORM?
Am i still on track without me including the form?- you stated you also didn't (I want to be sure that I'm not misinterpreting you)
Thank you in advance. cool

So a little update guys...after an excruciatingly long weekend, I’ve finally collected my passport And COpr. Whew!I decided to call their helpline first sha.
FYI, I didn’t fill/submit IMM008 cos I thought it was unnecessary since my family composition didn’t change. However, I wrote a very brief letter to that effect.
Another thing to note, I’m still waiting for PUM and SMS. So in my opinion, that SMS fee is unnecessary. Don’t pay for it. They wouldn’t even tell you about it, you’ll just see it on your receipt. When they bill you tell them you don’t want SMS updates. It’s a little amount but it’s still worth saving, since paying for it is useless... just my opinion sha.
Good luck to everyone still waiting at different stages, it will end in praise!

Congratulations, and thanks for the update
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 6:02am On Nov 03, 2018
Really touching......Not to worry it will end in PEAISE soon. Keep tyt
ShininLite:
...FANTASTIC POEM!!!...Thanks for this lovely piece. cheesy

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 6:06am On Nov 03, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS!! All the best while we jejely queue for back......smiles
geminitwin:
I tried downloading the IMM008 form with no success. I then went ahead to submit our passports a week ago without it because my family composition has not changed. I recently started feeling like i submitted incomplete documents especially since i have not been able to download the forms to compare their contents. My questions are,
Is the IMM008 form the same as the ADDITIONAL FAMILY REQUEST FORM?
Am i still on track without me including the form?- you stated you also didn't (I want to be sure that I'm not misinterpreting you)
Thank you in advance. cool

So a little update guys...after an excruciatingly long weekend, I’ve finally collected my passport And COpr. Whew!I decided to call their helpline first sha.
FYI, I didn’t fill/submit IMM008 cos I thought it was unnecessary since my family composition didn’t change. However, I wrote a very brief letter to that effect.
Another thing to note, I’m still waiting for PUM and SMS. So in my opinion, that SMS fee is unnecessary. Don’t pay for it. They wouldn’t even tell you about it, you’ll just see it on your receipt. When they bill you tell them you don’t want SMS updates. It’s a little amount but it’s still worth saving, since paying for it is useless... just my opinion sha.
Good luck to everyone still waiting at different stages, it will end in praise!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Christine77: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2018
Good morning all,
Please any lawyer in the house on this journey? Can I pm you?
Also any IUO alumni present? I need help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Majesticniyi(m): 7:43am On Nov 03, 2018
Elcid1:
Please my skill fall in NOC type C, can I still enter the pool

Maybe you should write out the full JD and let the house confirm it is really NOC type C.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2018
Majesticniyi:
You aren't wasting your time biko, so many of us (even with application submitted) come here daily just to read you guys responses to queries so we can help others on WhatsApp groups and in real life. You have added so much to the wealth of knowledge we have on Express Entry and if it has ever crosssed your mind that you are maybe wasting time on this thread, cast out that thought please. Much love smiley

Verily verily I say unto you, my appetite for the thread has been given a facelift by this confession. However, we need to hear some of the outcome and perculiar situations of the people you help with information gotten from here. Those are the rich "content" that make the thread what it is from one part to another.

Sharing experiences would enrich content quality while asking questions only recycles already existing knowledge, which of course could be hackneyed. A classical example is the guy that shared an experience of how CIC was challenged on ICAN related matter. Before then, most(if not all) people here had been of the opinion that it's a dead end but now we know something else that's infact better. He just changed a 5-thread old notion by that singular act. You too and every other person can grab their own accolade by sharing similar real life tested and trusted issues with us.

I hope no one else picks an offence if/when one of the "bullies" refer them to page 1. It's also painful to contributors when exact same questions are repeatedly asked just a few pages apart. Especially when they're all contained in page one and the many links embedded. I mean, I'd go to the page 1 with joy if it was me being told that all my answers are in a treasure chest somewhere. Slap me on top sef and I'll stay focused on my prize rather than pick an unnecessary fight that'll only delay my progress.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2018
Shyee:
The same tone elfmannisback used when I asked similar question sometime in August.
grin

Your answer lies in Matthew 17:12
But I say unto you, That Elias elfmannisback is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed...

Now you know.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2018
Please, the reference letter u eventualy used which your oga wrote for you, was it on the company letter head or plain paper, i have a similar case pls..

daks01:
Issabit tricky o. You can write a strongly worded LOE and then write a letter of stating your JD(notarised) add all those other docs (which I assume contains almost all the info IRCC request for). Then pray you get a leninent VO.
But I would advice that you try and beg someone in your org to help even if it’s your colleague. In my case The ref letter I got from my HR had k leg (and they weren’t willing to issue another one) so I just abandoned it and went to beg one Oga to write it for me and I added all her details(it took a while to find someone willing to) so maybe you should try.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2018
smslive2:
IF your application is complete THEN Biometric Instruction Letter and/or Medical Passed Else ADR

I saw what you did there boss. That programming language.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daks01: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2018
Plain paper (she’s not authorised to use letterhead) but I notarised it, added her business card and ID card.

Cuteaidomo:
Please, the reference letter u eventualy used which your oga wrote for you, was it on the company letter head or plain paper, i have a similar case pls..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 8:01am On Nov 03, 2018
wasseynewest:
Successfully read the threads and couldn't but marvel at several contributions and commitments we have here. In fact, if our so called leaders had only been 40% responsive like we are here, I bet many of us won't want to elope to cannyland.
Anyways, I am saving my stories till when the thing go sweet to talk but trust me, it's one u've never heard b4 and would simply read over again(lol).
May all our wishes come TRUE!

Interesting. Carry me along on that story please. We like amebo here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 8:04am On Nov 03, 2018
Thanks,God bless you.

daks01:

Plain paper (she’s not authorised to use letterhead) but I notarised it, added her business card and ID card.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2018
iPopAlomo:
For some reason... which I can't explain... WES don't receive email verification of some schools...

Now that your school falls into this category...

Take the following steps...
1. Tell your school to send the verification via courier

2. pay for the courier services, DHL and the likes...

3. obtain the tracking number and monitor the mail yourself...

That's about that... your ECA would be ready in less than 20 work days...

You see? Another page 1 something. Thanks for sharing. 1 more Alomo for you to pop.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2018
mcstan18:

You see? Another page 1 something. Thanks for sharing. 1 more Alomo for you to pop.

Abeg... send the Canadian dollar equivalent... grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2018
Hello all,

I just paid for spouse's ECA with ICES, but prior to paying, I didn't upload her student copy of her school's transcript, because it's not ready yet, but what's giving me major concern now is that her certificate isn't ready, but she has a statement of degree results, and I sent an email to ICES asking if this can suffix and they said no..what to do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tosbuk: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2018
Please can a medical personnel get his document evaluated with WES? Someone said another body does that for medical personnel
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2018
Debsify:
Hello all,

I just paid for spouse's ECA with ICES, but prior to paying, I didn't upload her student copy of her school's transcript, because it's not ready yet, but what's giving me major concern now is that her certificate isn't ready, but she has a statement of degree results, and I sent an email to ICES asking if this can suffix and they said no..what to do?
Statement of result goes to WES. ICES asks for certificates mostly. Ask for a refund if it is possible. This still buttresses reading the thread thingy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2018
tosbuk:
Please can a medical personnel get his document evaluated with WES? Someone said another body does that for medical personnel

"Someone" was right. MCC is the name of the body

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 03, 2018
mcstan18:

I saw what you did there boss. That programming language.
It wasn't a complete iteration, else rejection. No one wants that but it happens.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 8:35am On Nov 03, 2018
ontarioissauga:

It wasn't a complete iteration, else rejection. No one wants that but it happens.

If-Then-Else. What else is missing?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2018
Elcid1:
Please my skill fall in NOC type C, can I still enter the pool
What job or skill is that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by swizy: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2018
So I had my medicals yesterday at IOM Ikeja, Lagos. The whole process from entering the premises to exit took about 2hours 30minutes.

This is not a long post. grin

I was around Isaac John on Thursday so I decided to walk in and find out why I haven't gotten a response to my mail requesting for an appointment. All my efforts at calling was futile.

So I got to the gate and the security asked if I had an appointment. Told them I only came to make enquiries. They asked which country (Canada, Australia or UK). I was given a tag and signed in on the register. Got to the reception and asked to be given an appointment at the earliest possible date. The lady said I can actually do the medicals it right away! shocked Well, she said I had to go down the road to make payment at standard chartered bank first before I start and the whole medical process is going to take couple of hours from start to finish. She gave me a piece of paper containing all info needed. ( Amount to pay, bank details, docs required, the processes etc etc). Anyway, I didn't have enough time to spare so I got booked for the next day being Friday. I went down the road to the bank, made the payment - 41,400.00 (1 adult applicant) and got my copy as proof of payment required. ( Note, you can make a transfer to their bank account, but the receptionist says it takes 2 to 3 days before they can confirm the payment. So if your appointment is not close by, you can make a transfer and print out the receipt before your date . IOM opens by 7:30am

On the appointed day, i got there about 7:30am. At the gate house, the security asked some questions to ensure i have all the documents required. They'll tick your name on the list, then you sign in and you'll be given a tag with a number. They attend to people according to this number. It is serial.

First, i got to the building just after the gate house. Here physicals are done and vitals are taken.( Height, weight, Bp, Eye test reading chart). I was given a form to fill and a container for urine sample. When you're done, you'll be directed to the main building.

We sat at the waiting room. A mix of UK, Canada, Australia. The nurses will come to call the tag numbers serially and according to the country. Also the registration officers will come to collect passport, proof of payment and the form you were given to fill at the first building. They collect it serially as well. You get called by the nurses first or registration officers.

At the nurse station, they asked series of questions and ticked the form they have as i answered. I was then directed to the collection room where blood sample was taken. I also gave them the urine sample at this point.( There is a toilet for you to peepee).

At the registration area, you sign the consent form and receipt that will be given to you for the payment you made. They filled my details on the system, took a picture of me and printed the form for me to cross check that my details were captured correctly. This is the information sheet you'll take home for upload. From here I was directed to the x-ray waiting area.

At the x-ray area. You are called one after the other. When inside, you are asked to pick a changing gown and remove everything you have waist up. Yea, including bra undecided . There's a changing room for this. When you come out, you then proceed to the proper room where the x-ray is done after some breathing in and out exercise. When you're done and changed back to your clothes, you're directed upstairs to see a doctor.

Upstairs, you sit at the waiting area till the doc calls You in. Here the doc still asks same questions the nurses already asked just to confirm what they already ticked on the form. You'll then proceed to the physical exam table. You'll be given another changing gown to UnCloth down to to your undies If it's a male doc and you're female, he'll ask if you want a female nurse to be present. After all the tickling acrobatics, you're left to dress up. You'll then proceed back to the waiting area while the doc examines your x-ray. The doc comes back to call you in again and tell you to go as everything is all clear and your results will be uploaded in 2-3 working days.

You can request for your test result to be sent to you of you're from outside of Lagos. Lagos residents are asked to come back and collect theirs

I exited the building around 10:20am

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2018
mcstan18:

If-Then-Else. What else is missing?
If-Not, ADR or REJECTION.. Stop

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adaoh: 8:53am On Nov 03, 2018
I just caught up on the thread and I don't know where some people get the energy to fight between chasing your university then chasing WES/ICES, studying & trying to pass IELTS, trying to get ITA documentation gathering for post-ITA or nerve-wrecking wait for PPR or is it work wahala, POF issues etc.

Maybe it's the tension from all the stress but pls let's all just relax and be respectful. This is a really helpful forum. Pls let's keep the helpful atmosphere abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 03, 2018
mcstan18:

Your answer lies in Matthew 17:12
But I say unto you, That Elias elfmannisback is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed...

Now you know.
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Different username, same tone.... elfmannisbackagain!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2018
ontarioissauga:

If-Not, ADR or REJECTION.. Stop

Bwahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 9:04am On Nov 03, 2018
swizy:
So I had my medicals yesterday at IOM Ikeja, Lagos. The whole process from entering the premises to exit took about 2hours 30minutes.

This is not a long post. grin

Say what?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 9:15am On Nov 03, 2018
I 100% agree to this. Slot of questions has been asked recently that can be gotten in page 1. Questions like which ECA coy does it better? How long does it take?
Is waec needed for WES and so on. Mcstan has put so much work to make sure that the page is up to date. I am not in the pool yet but I know alot to sustain through the process and that is because I took out time to read the salient things in former threads and page 1. I urge us all to visit the first page and not be in a hurry to comment and say "am new here, please I need someone to tell or show me how to do it"
CanadianNaija:

Let's not encourage laziness, the thread is full because people won't read but ask same questions over and over.

The fact that he's new should spur him to start reading from page 1.

I was a newbie that read from the very first thread and caught up on the third, and I have been following till now.

You are embarking on a journey, and going in blind, what's to encourage about that?

Maybe as countrymen we need to encourage each other to develop some form of reading culture.

How do you jump on a thread this long and start commenting without finding out what's its about? In finding out, his/her question would have been answered.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Oluwadoromi: 9:18am On Nov 03, 2018
Dear Canada hopefuls,

Thanks for the details on this thread, such a meticulous work from various contributors. Thanks for all you do here. We will profit by getting our PR in Jesus' Name.

I am working on my documents before ITA, My CRS is 421, any hope?

I just entered the pool and I need direction regarding reference letter from former employer.

My employer would not do a 'To whom it may concern' letter. In this case, who should the letter be addressed to?

Another question: my transcripts were processed by ETX, how do I get a copy ready for ITA without paying any additional fees to ETX?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Richness1104: 9:20am On Nov 03, 2018
I had the same issue too with UI pgschool. They are the most unserious element. My verification took 2months and some days. I wrote worded mail to the Dean of PG school and it was done within few days.
Then they like tipping also which I wasn't ready for
bankyh1905:
That depends on the request of the evaluating agency but I think all of them require the school to send the transcript directly. Even if that was the case, I don't trust UI PG school to do the needful.

I salute them for getting the transcript ready in one week and sending it via courier immediately. Since then, for 3 months now, they've been a thorn in my flesh - WES sent a request (both email and standard mail) for secondary verification of result (the disadvantage of having studied in Nigeria) but UI PG School claims they didn't receive any request in my name, not even the email. How's that even possible? I called WES to confirm that they sent the request and they said YES. If you ask me, I believe WES not UI. I'm caught in between now. I've had to pay an extra 78 CAD for courier to fast track the process. I'm still waiting.

So, please, don't rely on UI's mailing system - it's unreliable.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Elcid1(m): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2018
My NOC fall on type C attached is details of my skills. Do I still stand a chance of proceeding with Express entry as I have a CRS of 462.
9536 Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Distinct777: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2018
CRS 421 will not take you anywhere except you go the PNP route.

The draws have been in the 440s region for several months. You need to boost that score

Oluwadoromi:
Dear Canada hopefuls,

Thanks for the details on this thread, such a meticulous work from various contributors. Thanks for all you do here. We will profit by getting our PR in Jesus' Name.

I am working on my documents before ITA, My CRS is 421, any hope?

I just entered the pool and I need direction regarding reference letter from former employer.

My employer would not do a 'To whom it may concern' letter. In this case, who should the letter be addressed to?

Another question: my transcripts were processed by ETX, how do I get a copy ready for ITA without paying any additional fees to ETX?

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.