Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906840 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
paintadvice:
My wife is the primary applicant. I am self employed, will they require documents to prove that I am self employed?

No need.
No CRS points for non Canadian work experience for spousal applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
@Onebase79,congrats bro.Your faith is really inspiring.Folks,never give up on your dream.God's speed to everyone here believing God for one thing or the other and congrats to those that had their prayers answered.Everyone here shall testify the goodness of God.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2018
paintadvice:
Personally I like to appreciate the great people here that drop valuable information and those that answer questions, even the 'lazy' questions. It's a sacrifice to do these for people you might never meet in life.

I have good news!!!!!

My wife(primary applicant)and I aced our ielts, our CRS without my ECA is 442. However, my ECA will be out anytime soon, if we enter the pool today and do not make the next cutoff, can I add my ECA when it's out?

The reason why we need to enter the pool already is that my wife's birthday is coming later this month.
You are still asking?? Jump in the pool sharply!! The ECA can be updated when it's ready
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:07am On Nov 10, 2018
Congratulations @Stonebreaker01
I like your hubby's style cheesy came with his IELTS and ECA ready, that's called 'wheel alignment'

Enjoy your new country and wish you safe delivery in Canada.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zinggi(f): 12:30am On Nov 10, 2018
Ifeoma77:
I like your hubby's style cheesy came with his IELTS and ECA ready, that's called 'wheel alignment'

Hehehehe....why won't I like Ifeoma77? Your comments always make me smile. Your way of thinking is wow....

Congratulations @Stonebreaker01. Go forth and shine.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Josefuadjr: 12:36am On Nov 10, 2018
Just took a deep dive into the pool unclad and I shall come out with PPR. grin

IELTS LRWS 8/8.5/7/7 - 31/08
ECA application- 5/10
ECA delivery- 9/11

ITA- Fingers crossed

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 12:36am On Nov 10, 2018
Congratulations to you and yours.

Wish you favour and success in your new land.

Above all go and birth our new canny baby in peace... Bless.

My PPR rating : 7.5/10... u did a good job... Thank God the wait was worth it. Kyiev guys are now going the extra mile to verify employment. Pls people should ensure they put the correct employments ooo

Stonebreaker01:
Finally, the Eagle has landed!
it's PPR!

God bless you all.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 12:55am On Nov 10, 2018
Mail me pls
FaskRolce:

Please, I hope I can benefit from you in this aspect. Can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 1:11am On Nov 10, 2018
Super congrats bro. Bravoooo & success wishes ahead
Onebase79:
Verily verily I say unto you, there's a God in heaven, and he loves me. Despite my karambulous ways. I wrote my first IELTS in June, and although the result wasn't bad, it wasn't what I needed. I had:
L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 7.5
Needless to say I was downcast, mainly because I had to max out the scores. I have no extra certificates or any hope of getting one soon due to work schedule couple that with the fact that my next minus5pointsday(formerly known as birthday) is in exactly 9months from today.

I refired and wrote again on October 27th. I had just one week to prepare, so I only focused on my writing and reading. Long story short, result don Comot and I had
L 8.5
R 9.0
W 7.5
S 8.0
I have never experienced this type of happiness. I always thought people were exaggerating when they say that they were shedding tears of joy. Ladies and genrumen of the high table na so your guy cry him first tears of joy today oo, I couldn't hold myself ni Sha. E be like Africa magic.

I saw a post on this thread about the prayer of St Joseph of Cupertino, so I said the prayer before going in for the the exam even though I no be catholic. It's a prayer for exam takers. The condition is that you must tell people about the prayer when you achieve your desired result. So people please pray the prayer of St Joseph of Cupertino oo.

For the listening test, practice as much as you can, then Identify your weakness and work on it. For me it was the map reading. I found a resource on YouTube, a guy named nirhav. He posts different sections of the listening test on his page.

For reading, just work on your synonyms. Everything you need to pass IELTS reading you already know.

For writing, just make your sentences as complex as possible. Make sure you understand what the question requires, that's the first step to getting it right.

Speaking: just gist. And lie plenty plenty. Me I just imagined I was toasting the lady because she fine no be small.

IELTS has ended in praise, e remain ECA. IQAS sent me AOR2 on 18th Oct.

The man who wins is the man who thinks he can. It all starts from your mind oo, If you think you can, then you most definitely can, and if you can't, you definitely can't in short, no jupiter can make you win.

I also had a paper cutout in my pocket where I wrote my desired score. I carried everywhere since July. My score was almost what I wrote down except for reading where I surpassed my expectation(8.0)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by paintadvice: 1:31am On Nov 10, 2018
fmsimple:

No need.
No CRS points for non Canadian work experience for spousal applicant.

You are too kind. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by paintadvice: 1:32am On Nov 10, 2018
Ifeoma77:

You are still asking?? Jump in the pool sharply!! The ECA can be updated when it's ready

Lol...thanks so much. I'm diving in now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 3:01am On Nov 10, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Teqla: 4:16am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello.....Please I had my IELTS scores as follow: L-7.5, R-9, S-7.5, W-7...........please if I apply for a remark on the Listening can there be any change? Please advice??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chuckdee13(m): 4:40am On Nov 10, 2018
Yayyyyyyy!!!! This is awesome news. Thanks a lot.
ijoseda:
I know someone in PTI. Let me speak to him tomorrow if he is willing to help.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chuckdee13(m): 4:53am On Nov 10, 2018
No one can say for sure. But to make an informed assumption, there's almost zero probability of there being a change in listening. Pls as soon as u can, register for another test. If you have the Cambridge test books practice listening well and visit ielts-mini dot com to do some specific listening practice too. It's gonna end up just fine.
Teqla:
Hello.....Please I had my IELTS scores as follow: L-7.5, R-9, S-7.5, W-7...........please if I apply for a remark on the Listening can there be any change? Please advice??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by flourisher: 5:14am On Nov 10, 2018
Yeuniecesir:

Yes. Literally write on the back of scratch card. Why dnt u look for a group dt wants to send deirs instead of sending urs alone and spending mote. Thats how i sent mine. A group of 14 people and thankfullly wes has received it

Please, I am interested in sending mine too in a group, if there's any
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by newbie18: 5:18am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello house.
Please does anyone know of any reputable translator/agency in Nigeria that one can use to translate a wedding certificate from Hausa to English?
The English version will be used for Visa application.
Anticipating your responses.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 6:03am On Nov 10, 2018
cheesy wink@wheel alignment
Ifeoma77:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 6:05am On Nov 10, 2018
Congrats @ onebase97.
Many people really passed IELTS this batch with wonderful scores. I pray it continues so that we will be the number one country in EE by next year.

If you have not gotten your desired score, quitting is not an option, just put yourself together and write again. We must all get it one day to proceed.

I found the prayer of st Joseph of Cupertino after my first attempt and it worked for me. I even went ahead to read about the saint on the internet .

After my first attempt, I found out that is not only how hard or how many past questions you studied as some people pass very well with only few days rehearsal while others study for months with several attempts to pass.

The prayer is about getting questions that you are comfortable with all through your exams. It is all about faith.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 6:16am On Nov 10, 2018
Kids with dual passport, which passport did u use?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 6:19am On Nov 10, 2018
@nazor83
@fabmummy
@melaninpopping
@gook

Congratulations guys... I celebrate with you...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Firstladyc1: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2018
[quote author=wisdom77 post=71969627]
If you are yet to get a Unilag contact DM me, I have someone that helped me at this stage.

Hello please can you help me with a contact at unilag it's been over 3 weeks and my eca is still on hold. I cannot PM you i do not know why. Any help will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:37am On Nov 10, 2018
Hephgirl:
Kids with dual passport, which passport did u use?

If I'm not mistaken, both. There's room to upload more than one valid passport. Also room to indicate additional citizenships.

Then at point of ppr you can send both and they decide which to use.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Firstladyc1: 6:37am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello please can you help me with a contact at unilag it's been over 3 weeks and my eca is still on hold. I cannot PM you i do not know why. Any help will be appreciated
harry41:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:40am On Nov 10, 2018
Good morning everyone. Yesterday was quite a successful day. Congrats to all the ielts conquerors. God speed to the remarkers. And success in advance to those who have to retake.

Please I'm really getting frustrated by lautech, no way forward.

Also if anyone can share a watertight contact at AAU abeg I'll be very grateful.

Wishing you all a blessed and productive Saturday.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 6:44am On Nov 10, 2018
Thanks alot
Tojued:

If I'm not mistaken, both. There's room to upload more than one valid passport. Also room to indicate additional citizenships.

Then at point of ppr you can send both and they decide which to use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by muta18: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2018
Adaji26:

[b]Abeg, how dem dey take do private message for this Nairaland sef. I can't seem to access any message oh. Here's my other mail godwinjunior at hotmail dot co[/b]m

@Adaji26

Please drop your WhatsApp contact.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2018
aworldcitizen:
Praise to the Lord the Almighty the king of creation!
Gather round people, it's PPR!

Below is my timeline
Decision to travel August 2017.
Family of 5
Visa office: initially London, moved to kyiv in August.
IELTS: September 2017.
My IELTS was written once and was perfect 9,8,8,8.
Spouse IELTS 7.5,7.5,7,7
ECA: Masters Nov 2017
Entered the pool Dec.
ITA January
AOR January 17th 2018
Medical Passed Feb 11th 2018
IP1 Feb 12th 2018
IP2 Feb 27th 2018
Then silence. Not even a single ADR.
Ordered 1st GCMS notes April 2018 everything looked perfect.
Then complete silence.
Ordered 2nd GCMS notes July 2018, this never arrived
Wrote Raplh who confirmed Eligibility and Security not yet started.
More silence, not even a ghost update
October 3rd 2018 ordered 3rd set of GCMS notes. Arrived Nov. 1st. Still same as April notes. My file had not been touched since March 2018. Eligibility and Security not yet started.
Wrote a 3rd mail to Ralph on Nov 4th who was gracious enough to respond (Ralph responds only once). He confirmed that my eligibility and security was not yet started and my application cannot be expedited.
Nov 8th, like a dream ! my PPR!

Checked email and profile this morning and saw nothing.

By 2pm during my lunch break, I saw a mail notification, I wanted to ignore but decided to check.

I saw a mail from donotreply@cic.gc.ca that I have an update on my profile. I was excited, that finally I am getting a ghost update / adr.

I logged into my cic acct and saw my profile was updated. I was so excited,thinking it was just a ghost update and that finally my file was receiving attention. I wanted to log out but I felt the nudge to proceed and click on view complete application which I did.

Nothing seemed to have changed, my background check was still in process, I was about to log out again, when I felt that urge to scroll further down to the mail section.

I saw I had a new mail, titled request letter. I already concluded that it was an ADR for fresh bank statement. Love and behold, it was the almighty PPR.

I wasn't expecting it to come without an ADR for updated POF since my application had been pending for almost 10months. I lost appetite immediately, and was was just screaming. I couldn't share the news with my colleagues, so I just lied to them that my husband got a new job!�.

I am immensely grateful to God Almighty who did not put me to shame. Delay is not denial. Though it tarries, it must surely come.

Thank you all for all the love and support.

Off to take my pictures and submit tomorrow.

This year has been so challenging. hubby and I lost our jobs, all our money tied at POF, we were feeding from Hand to mouth and struggled to pay school fees. Infact this September, we had to change their schools to a very cheap school.

God bless you all.
so happy for you congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mosky47: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2018
Yesterday was filled with good news.
Congrats to the IELTS smashers and PPR recipients.

Forward ever!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by DrMrsCK: 7:11am On Nov 10, 2018
Ifeoma77:

A match made in heaven

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by konti(f): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2018
One can also add the prayer of st. Rita(the saint of the impossible). Na that prayer break my writing jinx.
wasseynewest:
Super congrats bro. Bravoooo & success wishes ahead

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Justice179: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2018
D4eva:

Check this website (IELTS-up.com) for letter/essay formats and advanced vocabulary to use.
Have you had someone else look through your practice essays? If not, I’ll be happy to do so.

Please anybody with info on MOD center in Ph.
Also, is it advisable to apply for remark for my writing, SLRW:8,8,7.5,6. BC

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.