Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (911897 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pejuhazel(f): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone, we are trying to create our profile so we can dive into the pool asap but the page keeps hanging and timing out so we always have to start from the beginning every time and it's becoming very tedious. Is this a normal thing or is there a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cutieplum(f): 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
A very silent reader with a testimony; not PPR though.
I honestly want to thank God for his faithfulness in my family's life today. It's really true that when your hour of decoration is very close, the devil will try in diverse ways to cut your joy. I've been on this journey for years, don't even want to go into those intricate details till my full announcement is complete. For sure I'd give our PPR Professor a run for his money. cheesy So this morning, at about 4am, while we were still asleep my husband suddenly woke up and opened the window, and behold all we saw was a reflection of an inferno from the Generator house! Immediately we started hearing Neighbour's exclaiming 'Fire! Fire oooo!!!' As I looked out of my window, behold the whole generator house was in thick flames. I froze at the sight and my husband raced downstairs with his nephew with a full pack of detergent and buckets to get water downstairs. When the fire was eventually put off, it was traced to the 'I beta pass my generator' that we had bought last year to save us the cost of fuelling our big generator which was rather too expensive to use all night while we slept. Moreso, this was one out of the austerity measures we had taken in the orhustle to secure POF. To make matters worse, the generator that caused this incident was on till about 4am as I recall that was the time that the light went off in my house, but it was shortly after that we started hearing the screams from Neighbours. So it then implies that this ill-fated generator was giving light to my house while it was burning! I still can't comprehend this even as I write this. We did loose our big generator and 2 others belonging to my neighbours. I'm I sad? Yes I am cos my hubby's mood at home nor be here! This is so not the time to acquire properties as we have even earmarked the ones we have for sale as soon as we get our PPR by God's grace. Will I continue to grieve? NO, God forbid that! No life was lost and God knows why this is coming now. I still don't know my fate with my neighbour's whose generators were burnt beyond recognition as I speak. But what I know is that this country has so failed it's citizens. Imagine me paying 13k monthly for NEPA and still have to worry about generating my own light, and yet some folks still try to argue Canada versus Naija. It is well o! I've prayed to God and told Him to use today's incident as a catalyst to grant us a speedy PPR in no distant time and I know IT IS DONE.I honestly do feel better now. Sorry guys for this long epistle, it wasn't the initial plan. I may not be able to reply comments ASAP as my phone battery is almost out too. 'There's no hope of getting a new generator' is the stern warning I keep getting from hubby. *sighs* see you all at 7pm when NEPA would give me light to charge my phone.
It will surely end in praise!

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by efueh: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
Still on this issue my people, my friend said her hubby already filled 8th November as trf test date for 27th October MOD test before she asked me which I relayed here and I got the right response.

She has gone to effect the change to 7th November. She wants to find out;
1. Will this affect her transmitted application prior to ITA?
2. If yes can she withdraw her application now and fill in another one as she is sure of getting ITA?
3. What is the effect of revoking Gsckey account? Because she and her hubby are accusing themselves of taking actions that might lead to misrepresentation. There’s Cold War between them as each is saying they won’t forgive the other if his/her actions cause them to stay in Naija for another 5yrs due to ban.
Make una help with advice so this Cold War can be put off.

Cuteaidomo:
7/11/2018

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
cutieplum:
I've prayed to God and told Him to use today's incident as a catalyst to grant us a speedy PPR in no distant time and I know IT IS DONE.I honestly do feel better now.
Tough luck! Amen to your Prayers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
@cutieplum thank God no lives were lost, that's the main thing! In a short while, you'll be in your real country where generators only exist in museums.
Amen to your prayers! It will end in Praise

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
cutieplum:
I honestly want to thank God for his faithfulness in my family's life today. It's really true that when your hour of decoration is very close, the devil will try in diverse ways to cut your joy. I've been on this journey for years, don't even want to go into those intricate details till my full announcement is complete. For sure I'd give our PPR Professor a run for his money. cheesy So this morning, at about 4am, while we were still asleep my husband suddenly woke up and opened the window, and behold all we saw was a reflection of an inferno from the Generator house! Immediately we started hearing Neighbour's exclaiming 'Fire! Fire oooo!!!' As I looked out of my window, behold the whole generator house was in thick flames. I froze at the sight and my husband raced downstairs with his nephew with a full pack of detergent and buckets to get water downstairs. When the fire was eventually put off, it was traced to the 'I beta pass my generator' that we had bought last year to save us the cost of fuelling our big generator which was rather too expensive to use all night while we slept. Moreso, this was one out of the austerity measures we had taken in the orhustle to secure POF. To make matters worse, the generator that caused this incident was on till about 4am as I recall that was the time that the light went off in my house, but it was shortly after that we started hearing the screams from Neighbours. So it then implies that this ill-fated generator was giving light to my house while it was burning! I still can't comprehend this even as I write this. We did loose our big generator and 2 others belonging to my neighbours. I'm I sad? Yes I am cos my hubby's mood at home nor be here! This is so not the time to acquire properties as we have even earmarked the ones we have for sale as soon as we get our PPR by God's grace. Will I continue to grieve? NO, God forbid that! No life was lost and God knows why this is coming now. I still don't know my fate with my neighbour's whose generators were burnt beyond recognition as I speak. But what I know is that this country has so failed it's citizens. Imagine me paying 13k monthly for NEPA and still have to worry about generating my own light, and yet some folks still try to argue Canada versus Naija. It is well o! I've prayed to God and told Him to use today's incident as a catalyst to grant us a speedy PPR in no distant time and I know IT IS DONE.I honestly do feel better now. Sorry guys for this long epistle, it wasn't the initial plan. I may not be able to reply comments ASAP as my phone battery is almost out too. 'There's no hope of getting a new generator' is the stern warning I keep getting from hubby. *sighs* see you all at 7pm when NEPA would give me light to charge my phone.

Wait? You mean you count 13k every month to throway to NEPA

Na dem sabi, if they cannot collect my 1k5 per month, dey should comman carry their pole.

Sorry about the loss though

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
cutieplum:

Wait? You mean you count 13k every month to throway for NEPA

Na dem sabi, if they cannot collect my 1k5 per month, dey should comman carry their pole.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by efueh: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hang in there sister, for God is bigger than our problems. The last loss you suffered is the last you will ever suffer before you and your family land in your new home. Stay firm with an unwavering faith as your PPR testimony is closer than you think, for God will use this setback as a setup for your comeback. Relax and be still for it is well!

cutieplum:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cutieplum(f): 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
Thanks darl. I join my faith with yours! E remain small i for dey talk how to replace people's cars too as the generator house was separated by a wall from the next compound where cars were parked behind it. Abi na Landlord house I for fit rebuild? God was too faithful! Lol @'generators existing only in museums'
Ifeoma77:
@cutieplum thank God no lives were lost. That's the main thing! In a short while, you'll be in you real country where generators only exist in museums.
Amen to your prayers! It will end in Praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Teqla: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
[quote author=bharbhyie post=72842156][/quote]

Send me a message, I know someone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cutieplum(f): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
A big Amen to that. Thanks so much.
efueh:
Hang in there sister, for God is bigger than our problems. The last loss you suffered is the last you will ever suffer before you and your family land in your new home. Stay firm with an unwavering faith as your PPR testimony is closer than you think, for God will use this setback as a setup for your comeback. Relax and be still for it is well!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TITILOLA88: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Just finished reading through @Ethalia's timeline. Lovely read!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by cutieplum(f): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
As in ehh!! You need to see how they treat folks when they come for their useless disconnection exercise. I don go their office complain taya. The people in my neighborhood are not even helping matters. They pay anything they bill them. Na to pack go Ilasa last last o cos I hear say dem nor dey even near there talk more of mounting their poles for diconnection
greyham:

Wait? You mean you count 13k every month to throway for NEPA

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Teqla: 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
Send a message, I know someone
[quote author=bharbhyie post=72842156][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Teqla: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
Please someone help with how to fast track WAEC verification, been on hold for two weeks now..........
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
I think the person should be patient...someone said earlier that it was the 8th that was on theirs
Cuteaidomo:
7/11/2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
@Cutieplum,hang on Sis,trust me your testimony is around the corner.Devil cannot steal your joy.I prophesy restoration to your family in Jesus Name Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
Thank God for protection. @cutieplum!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Scbhoviv: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
Plz I have a question . Part of the money used as my proof of funds was in my savings account. Now I want to invest in treasury bill with that same money . Is this a smart move ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by codehead777: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

Anyone got a successful score upgrade for speaking from 6.5 to 7 with MOD IDP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
Are you still having the problem?
pejuhazel:
Hello everyone, we are trying to create our profile so we can dive into the pool asap but the page keeps hanging and timing out so we always have to start from the beginning every time and it's becoming very tedious. Is this a normal thing or is there a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FaskRolce: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
wasseynewest:
Mail me pls
I've sent you a mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
1. You mean changing the test date on the profile? Not sure, but it has been confirmed on this thread the case officers can access the changes in information after submitting a profile. So, I think it might depend on the scrutiny given to the application.

2. Can be done.

3. Revoking Gckey has nothing to do with your application. Your account will still exist whether you revoke or not.

Unsolicited emotional commentating: There is virtue in patience. The race is not to the swift. 2 wks doesn't matter in the long run. If the crs is high enough, the ITA will still be gotten.
efueh:
Still on this issue my people, my friend said her hubby already filled 8th November as trf test date for 27th October MOD test before she asked me which I relayed here and I got the right response.

2. If yes can she withdraw her application now and fill in another one as she is sure of getting ITA?
3. What is the effect of revoking Gsckey account? Because she and her hubby are accusing themselves of taking actions that might lead to misrepresentation. There’s Cold War between them as each is saying they won’t forgive the other if his/her actions cause them to stay in Naija for another 5yrs due to ban.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
Pls, type Canada immigration registration on YouTube and search for dream abroad's explanation of the said topic. That shld take you through the process conveniently.
pejuhazel:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
Judging from the several past comments on this thread, I believe it is even easier to have speaking increased compared to writing.
codehead777:
Hi Guys,

Anyone got a successful score upgrade for speaking from 6.5 to 7 with MOD IDP?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
My tots and prayers with all our IELTS participants today. May the good lord gratify you with good results.
I heard today's Listening has got some maps in it? Hope una tried una best

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
Scbhoviv:
Plz I have a question . Part of the money used as my proof of funds was in my savings account. Now I want to invest in treasury bill with that same money . Is this a smart move ?
smart move
just get the certificate of the TB, BUT if you are post ITA you might want to write LOE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by codehead777: 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
wasseynewest:
Judging from the several past comments on this thread, I believe it is even easier to have speaking increased compared to writing.

Thanks, that's encouraging.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
cutieplum:
I honestly want to thank God for his faithfulness in my family's life today. It's really true that when your hour of decoration is very close, the devil will try in diverse ways to cut your joy. I've been on this journey for years, don't even want to go into those intricate details till my full announcement is complete. !

Deep sigh!
I was thinking the same thing last week when my brother was robbed in broad DAYLIGHT in Lagos in his car at 7:30am in a non moving traffic in Lagos!

They pointed guns at him and the two other people in the car with him

No one did anything and there were soldiers nearby. I weep for this country

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
Congrats dear. Go and prosper. I wish you safe delivery.

Stonebreaker01:
Finally, the Eagle has landed!
it's PPR!

Hubby and I can finally have a fantastic night's rest grin , I had a strong belief that part 5 will not end without my PPR testimony and it didn't.

Timeline below

Decision to travel March 2017 ( Was single then)
IELTS with BC April 2017
IELTS was passed at first attempt 9,8,8,7.5
ECA took about 6 months between NASU strike and IQAS
Got married in Dec 2017 and joined the pool as a couple with me being the PA
Hubby was on the journey before we met, had IELTS and ECA already
CRS score 477
ITA was JAN 5
AOR March 29
Proof of fund was FD which was maturing in 2 months and the balance was from my savings account.
Med passed April 12
Then the wait began ...............

Ordered 3 GCMS notes in between... 3rd yet to arrive
1st and 2nd had similar info note, one of my job references wasn't used so points dropped to 452 but was still good, so I didnt bother about CSE.
Visa office: initially London, moved to kyiv in August.

Started raising CSE and sending mails to Kyiv after 180 days post AOR and didn't really get very helpful feedback except to keep checking profile.
1st Ghost Update 16th Oct
2nd Nov, Kyiv contacted my office to confirm my employment status, HR replied same day.
5th Nov, status changed to NA
6th Nov, changed back to IP1

2nd Ghost update 8th Nov at about 2pm
9th Nov, status changed to IP2 about 2pm
Then at 3:45pm I got an email from CIC, opened my account and behold Passport Request Message, I was alone at the time, I didn't even know how to behave cheesy

We have been under a lot of pressure to get PPR so we can land in Canny before our baby who is on the way arrives or airline refuse to carry me lol. I just want to say a big thank you to God who makes all things beautiful in its time and a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I discovered this thread about 3 months after applying and every PPR testimony shared really encouraged me to be hopeful.

God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
efueh:

This their fear is too much o. There's no cause for alarm yet. Since ITA hasn't arrived, they can change the details in their profile as many times as possible without being penalized. Tell them to change the date to the correct one and gently await their ITA. Change log is only generated for changes made after ITA is received.

Give them your highest assurances that all is well. I don't want to hear that there's still a cold battle in that house. God bless them both for this their level of commitment to a common cause.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
cutieplum:
I honestly want to thank God for his faithfulness in my family's life today.

My dear, there's nothing more I can say in addition but just to thank God for the life of your family. The destroyer came to steal but he found nothing in you. The Lord will hear and answer the deepest prayers of your heart

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.