Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (908550 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ziggymanti(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hephgirl:
Odiegwu
Drink cold beer or malt.. Relax here \___________ ( u can sit or lie down)
Or just drink cold water,
Maybe ur sense of humor will crawl back.

You aren't funny... don't blame me for not laughing. Please keep your chair, at least someone has been better informed today. I guess you lack fun and good times in your daily life... so you need a forum like Nairaland to crack dry jokes!!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Distinct777: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
What a wawu shocked shocked

Softly softly na. Abeg let's end this thread on a good note o

ziggymanti:

You aren't funny... don't blame me for not laughing. Please keep your chair, at least someone has been better informed today. I guess you lack fun and good times in your daily life... so you need a forum like Nairaland to crack dry jokes!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tojued:
My people, please huddle round let's reason together.

I have someone who needs PNP because of age.

Now, her main NOC (social worker) is currently on SINP list, but she doesn't have the requisite education so isn't really qualified. She's willing to do a diploma to gain the qualification, but will take a bit of time and you know how these occupation in demand lists change.

However, she owns a farm which she has been running as a side hustle all these years. And farm manager is also on the demand list. She neatly ticks off all the requirements for this NOC in real life.

Two problems involved on paper:
1. She has not been tidy with documentations all these years. Even sales book, she no get lol.
2. She is very well known in that her main NOC. Google her name and her experience there will pop up. Google her particular field of expertise and her name is also likely to pop up.

I'm thinking we should try getting nomination with farm manager, but if nomination has not arrived as at when we complete our diploma, we recreate profile/switch NOC to social worker. Is this making sense?

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

What if she uses the main NOC and explains that it's not regulated in Nigeria and that the on-the-job training she has received, is sufficient for her to practice in Nigeria and trumps formal school education?
Or, she can start cleaning up her bookkeeping for the farm.
Personally, I prefer the social worker NOC since she has digital footprint in that career

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by KINGTELLER: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
eastafro:

i cant qoute on a closed thread apparently.
whats up kingteller? wanted to ask about your reply on a closed thread . can you pm me ?

Ask here and I will reply you or you PM me instead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lmao!! Why u dey copy Ramj??

Jasmine17:

Ok sir. No vex for my fingers. Na me make mistake comment on your question.

Je m'appelle Mindmybusiness
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
Lolz...we wrote in the same venue then.

boco2126:
Mainland. Does center affect band score grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
raphrulz:
Lmao!! Why u dey copy Ramj??

I want to learn French.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
pejuhazel:
I paid for mine in september with my GTB card
OYASALOF:
First bank card

Sthill5:

I paid for it using my fcmb MasterCard two weeks ago
Thanks alot guys... I'm truly grateful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jasmine17:

Dont forget schools that pay N20-30k for verification with high sorting. If you are from such a school, you will spend above that 600CAD without noticing it.

Let's not forget the schools that will still not see the email after several trips, phone calls and sorting.
You will end up paying for hard copy verification with courier costs to and fro

This is not even something to argue about, the only people who should be considering WES are;
1. Holders of foreign degrees
2. Future APEGA applicants
3. People hoping to access professional qualifications like CIPM, ACCA, ICAN ATS etc.
4. Masochists

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tojued:
My people, please huddle round let's reason together.

I have someone who needs PNP because of age.

Now, her main NOC (social worker) is currently on SINP list, but she doesn't have the requisite education so isn't really qualified. She's willing to do a diploma to gain the qualification, but will take a bit of time and you know how these occupation in demand lists change.

However, she owns a farm which she has been running as a side hustle all these years. And farm manager is also on the demand list. She neatly ticks off all the requirements for this NOC in real life.

Two problems involved on paper:
1. She has not been tidy with documentations all these years. Even sales book, she no get lol.
2. She is very well known in that her main NOC. Google her name and her experience there will pop up. Google her particular field of expertise and her name is also likely to pop up.

I'm thinking we should try getting nomination with farm manager, but if nomination has not arrived as at when we complete our diploma, we recreate profile/switch NOC to social worker. Is this making sense?

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

if farming NOC is 8252 or 0831 no professional status/licence is needed for SAS PNP...if she has plenty money she can go for the farm owner category/path.

Otherwise, for Occupation in Demand or SAS EE...she needs at least 1 yr post secondary school diploma or certificate for both social worker and farming.....it can be education...training or apprenticeship....depending on age and IELTS scores, she may still get the 60 points

Seems easier to stick with farming...BUT i think her NOC for Federal EE and SAS PNP need to be in sync...she needs to be in the EE pool already...it's one of the fields to update on SINP site...i may be wrong though but she may need to do the 1yr training....OR is there anyway to show she has 1 yr training already...may not from a Uni.

the downside of social worker NOC is the SINP professional status or licence required.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
ziggymanti:

Are u alright? Have u eaten? Have u prayed today? Is gf or wifey on ur nerves? Or is it ur boss? Or is it cic?
Cos clearly something is wrong and it's definitely not me.

Pssss Pssss dude
If I lack fun and good times I wldnt need to Crack jokes.. I wld need someone to Crack jokes

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Let's not forget the schools that will still not see the email after several trips, phone calls and sorting.

This is not even something to argue about, the only people who should be considering WES are;
3. People hoping to access professional qualifications like CIPM, ACCA, ICAN ATS etc.
4. Masochists

I almost got to that stage with school A. They didn't receive WES emails 2 times and WES didn't want to send till another 7 weeks. Took my writing an email to an oga patapata in WES, call customer care 3 times in two days (N2,000 credit o), and having a shouting match with a CSO and her supervisor, before WES sent the email again. This time, the school got it immediately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jasmine17:

I almost got to that stage with school A. They didn't receive WES emails 2 times and WES didn't want to send till another 7 weeks. Took my writing an email to an oga patapata in WES, call customer care 3 times in two days (N2,000 credit o), and having a shouting match with a CSO and her supervisor, before WES sent the email again. This time, the school got it immediately.

Imagine!!!
It is well. You have done your part in advising. He that has ears, let him hear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pls stop this guys! Haba! Why na??
Hephgirl:

Are u alright? Have u eaten? Have u prayed today? If gf or wifey on ur nerves? Or is it ur boss? Or it in cic?

Pssss Pssss dude
If I lack fun and good times I wldnt need to Crack jokes.. I wld need someone to Crack jokes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ifeoma77:

4. Masochists
4. Buhahahahhah

5. Also those planning to school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
wasseynewest:
Pls stop this guys! Haba! Why na??
But but he started it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
bro I still await your response to my mail
bigfido:
Hi, you don't need to get letters from your clients. I am sure what they need from you are contracts, invoices/ receipt of payments, your business account showing transactions and your income tax. You can take screenshots of email correspondence between you and your clients as well. I have put a screenshot of my gcms note after I got ppr so you can know what exactly they are looking for. See you in Canada.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by paintadvice: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Neco is refusing to reply wes, the customer service lady was so rude she wouldn't even tell me her name. Does anyone know someone in authority I can contact?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dannydenzy: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hi guys , how did go about WAEC confirmation for WES verification. its been three weeks since i got a mail from WES that they have sent my WAEC result to issuing agency for verification. up till now no response from them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by toluls(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
bigfido:
Hi, you don't need to get letters from your clients.... See you in Canada.

Thanks a lot! Your response has shed light on exactly what I wanted to be sure of. God bless you. And yeah, see you in Canada by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by freshdad: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
exactly my thoughts
Tojued:

documentation from third party sounds more like contract letters to me than (recommendation) letters. I think those letters should only be used when there are no existing contract documentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by boco2126: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
All the best to you. We shall testify.
EyesondPrize:
Lolz...we wrote in the same venue then.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wealthiest1: 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
congratulations sis, welcome to Canada...
Stonebreaker01:
Finally, the Eagle has landed!
it's PPR!

Hubby and I can finally have a fantastic night's rest grin , I had a strong belief that part 5 will not end without my PPR testimony and it didn't.

Timeline below

Decision to travel March 2017 ( Was single then)
IELTS with BC April 2017
IELTS was passed at first attempt 9,8,8,7.5
ECA took about 6 months between NASU strike and IQAS
Got married in Dec 2017 and joined the pool as a couple with me being the PA
Hubby was on the journey before we met, had IELTS and ECA already
CRS score 477
ITA was JAN 5
AOR March 29
Proof of fund was FD which was maturing in 2 months and the balance was from my savings account.
Med passed April 12
Then the wait began ...............

Ordered 3 GCMS notes in between... 3rd yet to arrive
1st and 2nd had similar info note, one of my job references wasn't used so points dropped to 452 but was still good, so I didnt bother about CSE.
Visa office: initially London, moved to kyiv in August.

Started raising CSE and sending mails to Kyiv after 180 days post AOR and didn't really get very helpful feedback except to keep checking profile.
1st Ghost Update 16th Oct
2nd Nov, Kyiv contacted my office to confirm my employment status, HR replied same day.
5th Nov, status changed to NA
6th Nov, changed back to IP1

2nd Ghost update 8th Nov at about 2pm
9th Nov, status changed to IP2 about 2pm
Then at 3:45pm I got an email from CIC, opened my account and behold Passport Request Message, I was alone at the time, I didn't even know how to behave cheesy

We have been under a lot of pressure to get PPR so we can land in Canny before our baby who is on the way arrives or airline refuse to carry me lol. I just want to say a big thank you to God who makes all things beautiful in its time and a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I discovered this thread about 3 months after applying and every PPR testimony shared really encouraged me to be hopeful.

God bless you all.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
Haba

Take it easy na..

ziggymanti:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olabellruk: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Take it easy o.

Make We no war today na. Na PPR rain we want o

Hephgirl:

Are u alright? Have u eaten? Have u prayed today? Is gf or wifey on ur nerves? Or is it ur boss? Or is it cic?

Pssss Pssss dude

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
PLEASE HELP ME TO ASK THEM!

Joined the AVO WhatsApp group and found that Iā€™m far from the only one. We are like 100 on hold. All getting the 2019 email.

abakiki:

There is something definitely wrong with Accra VO. As at 2 months back, their response to inquiries was "Your application is in queue for review. Expect to hear from us late 2018 / early 2019" but now their response to queries sent recently is "Your application is in queue for review. Expect to hear from us early 2019". So they are making it clear that they do not intend to issue PPR this year, even though assessment has been passed.
What are they actually doing? And why are they intentionally trying to frustrate people?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by kiari: 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone, please I would like to confirm if ICES ask for verification of results from universities like WES... Thanks..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ziggymanti
hey I'm sending hugs...
Let's make love and not make war
Xoxo

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jasmine17:

Bro. Told myself i wont respond to this issue again as the guy was trying to be sarcastic and nasty even when it was clear i only wanted to help. But knowing what you have done for me, i will respond to you.

Make him pick sense from our convo if e like, no cares.

I paid WES N58k+ which is the equivalent of #207CAD for the evaluation of my first degree and Master's.

Transcript cost is not applicable as i would have paid same if i used ICES.

WAEC costs
(which i would have avoided if i used ICES)
Affidavit - did mine N200 but had to courier it to lag. In Lagos, it goes for N1,500 minimum, 3k at WAEC office.
Confirmation of result payment = N10k
Courier fee, Fedex - N10k
Stationery+Tfare+Thank you for my proxy - N6,000
Scratch card sent as a group - N4,505
Total cost from WAEC - N30,705 (as i didn't pay for courier of affidavit).

School A verification
Official payment to school - N0
Sorting to get verification done - N5500
Tfare to school for verification - N1,000
Total - N6,500

School B verification
Official payment to school - N10,000
Sorting to get verification done - N7,000
Tfare to school for verification - N0
Total - N17,000

Phone calls to WES on verification issues >N6,500 as of date.

Waec verification not done as of today, dont know if i would sort in the end to get it done.

Total from WAEC and verification as of today = N60,705 ~ 213CAD
Dont forget schools that pay N20-30k for verification with high sorting. If you are from such a school, you will spend above that 600CAD without noticing it.

Now, have i not spent above the extra amount for ICES additional certificate evaluation? I have done that conveniently with additional stress.

Did it save me time? NO. My application to WES is EXACTLY 3 months old Today. People get their ECA from ICES in less than 1 month after receipt of transcript.

Good analysis bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Earrings: 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jasmine17:

grin. Its a Sir.

We need more members in this congregation. Show your friend the way let her also drink from the source.

Abi you like to give people fish instead of showing them how to fish ni?

grin grin...Jasmine is so flowery...so female. But note. Will bring on the multitude.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hephgirl:

4. Buhahahahhah grin tongue

5. Also those planning to school

True. Although I'm still not convinced that schools will reject an ECA or transcript from ICES and IQAS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
Earrings:

grin grin...Jasmine is so flowery...so female. But note. Will bring on the multitude.

Its a flower. My fav

Which multitude again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.