Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910582 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2018
Seriously? Thanks for the reply.
Many people will now face IQAS and others for evaluation. However, WES wahala is too much self. They use 4 weeks evaluation time to attract people and frustrate them with all manner of verification.
jholarharde:

I think it is due to the increase in age discrepancy that is the present trend, WES is getting frustrated

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jaytam: 8:36am On Aug 11, 2018
Good morning every one, please I need help. I am a silent member here on EE since thread 3. I just got my gcms notes now and saw an interview is recommended as a result of dissatisfaction on my primary occupation from the officer in charge.
Please what do you recommend I do.
Below is note 1.

2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2018
My apologies everyone, I think I must have misled some people regarding the so called minimum IELTS score. I have played around with the CRS calculator and confirmed that an average applicant without sibling, job or previous study in Canada or a Canadian spouse would need a minimum of 7 in each section of IELTS skills tested to get a decent score for ITA. LRSW 8777 indeed is a magic number. If the bolded does not apply to you, you will have to meet at least that magic number please.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2018
Jaytam:
Good morning every one, please I need help. I am a silent member here on EE since thread 3. I just got my gcms notes now and saw an interview is recommended as a result of dissatisfaction on my primary occupation from the officer in charge.
Below is note 1.

Good morning all.
Just read your notes. Calm down. If someone says "I'm not satisfied..." the onus rests on YOU to satisfy their curiosity and prove to them beyond all reasonable doubt that you worked as a teacher in that school.

The VO is of the opinion your reference letter and probably Job description is QUITE close to the wordings of your NOC (big pointer to the rest of us)

If i were you, i would raise a CSE and submit my contract of employment letters, pay slips (if any) and most importantly bank statements (2012-2014) clearly showing salary. That bank statement (if you have it) will shut down that VO's case!

I hope you were not paid in cash lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2018
Jaytam:
Below is note 1.
Why didn't u give all those things they pointed out in the first place?

Again, people. should avoid lifting... No verbatim! Use ur own words and style.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 9:23am On Aug 11, 2018
Good morning my people.

Since IRCC has refused to hold my PPR for almost two months post-IP2, does anyone have like #4M they are not currently using?

Need it for something urgent, will return it soon sad

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2018
This is what I tell a lot of people who give me JDs to review for NOC coding. Never lift words from the NOC main duties. There are soooooo many ways to write something and make it look different from wherever you copied from. Paraphrase guys and stay alert.
stonecoldcafe:

The VO is of the opinion your reference letter and probably Job description is QUITE close to the wordings of your NOC (big pointer to the rest of us)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:54am On Aug 11, 2018
Do as @stonecoldcafe suggested. Do it fast. If you have copies of work mails that show that you performed those duties, add those too.
Jaytam:
Below is note 1.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by radec: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2018
Please as anyone done EOR for both speaking and writing and came out upgraded?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tolfa(m): 10:15am On Aug 11, 2018
radec:
yes, there have been cases of upgrades in both... however, it's not 100 percent something....if you are sure of your performance you can give it a shot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 10:33am On Aug 11, 2018
Newmum0615:
This is what I tell a lot of people who give me JDs to review for NOC coding. Never lift words from the NOC main duties. There are soooooo many ways to write something and make it look different from wherever you copied from. Paraphrase guys and stay alert.

In addition, you can add payslips if you can find them..Lets try to keep our applications water tight.

LVO i hail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2018
Itsawonder:
Congratulations Kwado, what a speedy PPR, it's a wonder!

There's one thing I'll like to know please, how different is your work experience reference letter from the so called CIC format? Missing anything or adding more details? That might have made a difference. I look forward to your response.

Still waiting for your response @kwado87. Your input will help a lot of people to avoid call for interview like @Jaytam case above because of concerns from reference letters.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2018
radec:
Na for Listening and Reading upgrade dey b4?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ifeoluwakintan: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2018
Dear @clow, if you can process re-assessment of your writing test, please do and pray well. Nothing is impossible.
With your present score your CRS is 408, with an additional 0.5 in writing you will have a CRS of 458.

I pray it ends in praise and success in Jesus Christ name Amen.

It is well.

clow:

Well I am the main applicant , single,just clocked 29 in June and by November will have 5 years working experience I have a sibling in Canada with a pr status I have a bsc. I did ielts before my score was lrsw 8.5,7.5,8.0,6.5 and my cars score back then was 405.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Transformium: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2018

Newmum0615 ...Did you use a Nigerian bank card to pay for your UK PCC? I have tried all my cards but I keep getting the error "transaction declined contact merchant"

Called the banks and they said the payment isn't hitting their system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ifeoluwakintan: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 11, 2018
Itsawonder:
My apologies everyone, I think I must have misled some people regarding the so called minimum IELTS score. I have played around with the CRS calculator and confirmed that an average applicant without sibling, job or previous study in Canada or a Canadian spouse would need a minimum of 7 in each section of IELTS skills tested to get a decent score for ITA. LRSW 8777 indeed is a magic number. If the bolded does not apply to you, you will have to meet at least that magic number please.

Its okay dear, we learn daily. Most people know the minimum IELTS score to enter the pool but such minimum score can barely take anyone anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Domarion25: 11:33am On Aug 11, 2018
Goodmorning, please I heard we have to verify our WAEC result on WES, How do I go about it and how much is it. Also my third name YEWANDE and my original waec result states YETUNDE Hope this won't be an issue ? If it is how do i go about retifying it ? Please help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2018
Hailing the Edmonton mama.
Anybody used ICES recently to answer her?
MummyJaygirls:
I greet you all. Congrats to all IELTS passers, ITA and PPR receivers grin

Abeg how long does ICES use these days for ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2018
LecturerIFE:

Yes. I applied this week, and I saw like 10 or so other names on the list applying for same to be sent to Wes. Total cost is N18500 - N1000 for confirmation of result and N17500 for the transcript and courier.

To avoid waste of time, make the 1k confirmation of result via remita before you go there.

Visit www.remita.net On the page, click on "Pay FGN and State TSA. A dropdown pops up, click on Federal Government of Nigeria. On the next page, fill the below.

i Name of MDA: Type National Examination Council (while typing National Examin... the name will come up itself)
ii Name of Service/Purpose: pick Tender Fees in the drop-down.
iii Description: Type Confirmation of result
iv Amount: 1000
v GIFMIS code: you can skip this as the field isn't compulsory
vi Payer's Full name: type your name as it appears on your certificate/statement of result
vi Payers Email: Please ensure you use a valid email address as you will need this to generate your Remita receipt.
vi Payers Phone: fill as you wish.
Complete the captcha and proceed to payment.

You can choose to pay with your card/bank's internet banking or take the generated RRR code and pay at any bank branch. Please save the RRR code.

If you pay with your card/bank's Internet banking, check your email for your remita receipt (not the same as your bank receipt... the remita receipt is generated and sent by Remita to your email) . In case you do not get the receipt in your email, go back to www.remita.net and click on Resend Receipt or Invoice, enter your RRR code and you should get the receipt in your mailbox.

You can skip the entire steps above by going to any bank branch and make the payment via Remita.

Take one copy of your Remita payment receipt, three copies of your certificate/statement of result and three copies of completed Academic Records Request form from Wes. If you are in Lagos, visit NECO office at 20(?), Coker Road, Ilupeju.

They will issue you a neco receipt of 1k, you then complete a form and submit with the other documents.

That's pretty much it.

I was told the forms will be sent to Neco head office in Minna for processing... this could take between 2 to 3 weeks to get to WES.

You can PM me if you need a contact in NECO office Minna that can quickly confirm the result, send to WES within 5 days and also reply verification email from WES, instead of waiting for weeks.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Aruoture18: 11:56am On Aug 11, 2018
Good day guys,

Please when filling the application form is it necessary to include education that ECA was not done for? i have msc which was evaluated, my bsc wasnt evaluated. question is do i include bsc in education history? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Utonne: 11:57am On Aug 11, 2018
Transformium:

Newmum0615 ...Did you use a Nigerian bank card to pay for your UK PCC? I have tried all my cards but I keep getting the error "transaction declined contact merchant"

Hi. I used my Nigerian card to pay for my UK PCC. FCMB to be precise. Try someone else’s bank card and maybe make a transfer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Utonne: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2018
Transformium:

Hi. I used my Nigerian card to pay for my UK PCC. FCMB to be precise. Try someone else’s bank card and maybe make a transfer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Transformium: 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
Utonne:

Thanks... I have tried my Uk debit card also and its the same error. I would try someone else's bank card and see if the payment would go through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by processrxtn: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
joo2018:
Hailing the Edmonton mama.
Anybody used ICES recently to answer her?

@joo2018 @MummyJaygirls
I evaluated my BSC recently
Documents received by BCIT on 8th June and 12th June (Email)
I noticed it was complete on the 13th of July.

Hard Copy delivered to my home (UK) on the 27th of July.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dannyko: 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ifeoma77:

This kinda reminds me of the story of the hungry man who bought a donut to quench his hunger, after eating it, he was still hungry so he buys another ... and another. Finally the 4th time, he decides to buy buns and after eating this, he feels full. He then starts wondering why he didn't just buy buns the first time and save himself the money he wasted on 3 donuts.

I'm not discounting the fact that the paid version must have been a lot more helpful than the free version of Liz's tips. I'm just saying, give your spouse some credit, perhaps she learnt from the experience of the first four exams. It's possible she practiced harder, studied like crazy, stopped taking the writing module for granted, improved her handwriting and writing speed, learnt to meet up with word count, brushed up her spellings and punctuations, etc.

I'm sure the buns helped but don't forget the donuts
This is a beautiful analysis!Experience is surely the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ADEBOSUN(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ifeoma, you go like buns gaan ni oh. shocked shocked shocked
Nice analysis though grin

Ifeoma77:

This kinda reminds me of the story of the hungry man who bought a donut to quench his hunger, after eating it, he was still hungry so he buys another ... and another. Finally the 4th time, he decides to buy buns and after eating this, he feels full. He then starts wondering why he didn't just buy buns the first time and save himself the money he wasted on 3 donuts.

I'm not discounting the fact that the paid version must have been a lot more helpful than the free version of Liz's tips. I'm just saying, give your spouse some credit, perhaps she learnt from the experience of the first four exams. It's possible she practiced harder, studied like crazy, stopped taking the writing module for granted, improved her handwriting and writing speed, learnt to meet up with word count, brushed up her spellings and punctuations, etc.

I'm sure the buns helped but don't forget the donuts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
Yes. Do so. I used a GTB dollar card for all my payments though.
Transformium:

Thanks... I have tried my Uk debit card also and its the same error. I would try someone else's bank card and see if the payment would go through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Dannyko: 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
MummyJaygirls:
I greet you all. Congrats to all IELTS passers, ITA and PPR receivers grin

Abeg how long does ICES use these days for ECA?
I'm about to use ICES too, from my Readings, it's about a month after all your documents are delivered! Pretty fast eh? Yeah!

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.