Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake (59420 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / RCCG Orders “Genital Test” For Members That Want To Marry / A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by slapandfall(m): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
bigocean:
you dont understand, there are deliverance ministers whose duty is to help deliver anybody who is afflicted by principalities and powers.
Now, when such person run to those ministers to join them in prayer, what happens is that the demons responsible for the persons afflictions in an attempt to resist the higher power of the minister would attack him(minister) in full gear. At this time the afflicted is temporarily free pending the outcome of the spiritual battle btw the minister and the demons.

Deliverance ministers that are collecting deliverance fee abi
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by deebrownneymar: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Lagosfinder:
yet still pray and care

Mention your pastor and show appreciation

You be talking about Jesus and the 12 disciples, and apostle Paul. If it's about today's Nigerian pastors you must be mentally unstable.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by kazyhm(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
Netanyahu1:
HoHa! But on a more serious note members are their slaves.

Don't mind them.......reverse psychology
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Basiljoe: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
Stupid people.
Stupid country.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by bigocean(m): 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
Daboomb:

This is where you intentionally try to be micheivious!

Take care, Look after, feed (my sheep) are injuctions to those who want to lead (Sheperd) but it doesnot make them the OWNER of the Sheep.

Only Jesus owns the Sheep and it is by his ransom sacrifice, that anyone can and will be saved.

Anything after that is spiritual balsphemy.
ofcourse, i never implied they were OWNERS. Look how it is:-

God is the owner, ministers are like shepherds in the fields taking care of God's flock. They might have been hired by God to do the work which means their reward either good or bad would come from God. If they choose to mislead their masters flock, they would definitely face the wrath of their master.

Back to op topic, whilst a sheep can sense and avoid certain dangers, the shepherd(minister) are there for more sudden/dangerous attacks. We have seen cases where sheeps get themselves entangled in thick thorns and get trapped until a shepherd comes to their rescue..

Heaven is in agreement with this arrangment. It recognises this ministers as shepherds which is why Jesus is called the "GOOD SHEPHERD" to distinguish him from other shepherds.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by deramos23: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
Pastors are they human? Oh yes! Do human beings need protection? Oh yes! U don't know your enemies, u don't also know who likes u or not, do u need angels to protect u against humans? Oh no, you need armed security personnel that is wisdom. I heard a story of how a man of God was nearly mobbed to death bc people want to tap anointing by touching him. It took the effort of security men b4 he was rescued. Some where verbally abused openly just bc they are very popular. U need wisdom to deal with some certain situations and not prayers. Wisdom is profitable to direct. Wisdom tells you to lock your door, you don't open the door to your house bc God has given his angel charge over us. Don't judge them if u have not been in their shoes b4. Ask pop stars what they usually go through in the hands of their supporters.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by bigocean(m): 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
slapandfall:

Deliverance ministers that are collecting deliverance fee abi
just like shepherds in the field, every action against the flock of the master would be met with the masters wrath.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by slapandfall(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
bigocean:
just like shepherds in the field, every action against the flock of the master would be met with the masters wrath.

What if the Master knows not the shepherd?
He never sent the Shepherd in the first place
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Chiedu4Trump: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
Abubakarsiddeeq:
Copy copy
Pastor don take place of God , abi?
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by bigocean(m): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
slapandfall:

What if the Master knows not the shepherd?
He never sent the Shepherd in the first place
Every sheep knows its master. The master gives to all his sheeps "DISCERNING SPIRIT" to know what comes from him or not.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by mixta14: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Daboomb:

Same way Shakau, the Boko Haram Leader, did not put gun to the heads of those suicide bombers, to go kill themselves, yet they do it so willingly!

It is called BRAIN-WASHING.

Mugun still plenty for Ground.

"Religion is like the Opium (heroine) drug, give it ot the people and they will be more docile than Sheep". grin grin

Think about it: In Nigeria, churches are growing in numbers, yet Poverty is also increasing at an alarming rate!
In places like China, Europe, Asia, America, etc,Religion is on the wane yet their llevel of poverty is decreasing and the 'over-religious' Nigerians are running there?

Something MUST be wrong with the way we practice religion, so much so God must be laughing at our stupidity.
Them no kuku complain. ....
Na you dey complain. ...
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by alowonle02(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
This is absolutely deception and lied.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by bunminikan(m): 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
My pastor is Istifanus Musa. I appreciate you sir. You taught me that there's no success in ministry but God is looking for faithfulness. I think I judged you a faithful servant under the umbrella of Chapel of Goodnews.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I need laugh this last sentence.....but. There is nothing like fake member....

And to the main....we can no longer leave the judgement for God while these so called pastors continues to exploit and milk unsuspecting members
Of their meagere resources......

Th church in Jerusalem and that in damascus as of then is totally different from the redeem and winners in Nigeria today.....we have to strictly pass judgement on these chief executive officers of various churches they are managing and hold them responsible for every thing fake that emanates from them....and I must remind u that nobody called them...they call themselves......

Pls these men represent everything fake.....

The case of Moses is similar to what is happening now. When you condemn these pastors you worsen the situation. You even make God angry even though you are right. A Christian doesn't do that. If you are not comfortable with a church or pastor, you should quietly leave that church.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The case of Moses is similar to what is happening now. When you condemn these pastors you worsen the situation. You even make God angry even though you are right. A Christian doesn't do that. If you are not comfortable with a church or pastor, you should quietly leave that church.

Excuse me at this point let me ask....u...

What makes u a Christian?
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Excuse me at this point let me ask....u...

What makes u a Christian?
The word Christian means, “follower of Christ” or “belonging to the party of Christ.”
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by pressplay411(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
peacettw:
Gullible followers.
The moment we all will realize that our church leaders are not gods but mere men, the quicker our liberation from mental slavery.

Please, if you are a Christian, worship God in spirit and in truth. Jesus paid the ultimate price through his death. You do not need these self proclaimed men of God with multiple stab wounds to take you there. Study the Bible, seek the truth, enrich your minds and above all free yourself from these wolves in sheep's clothings.

**Modification
The person who created this post clearly had an ulterior motive which is to encourage the slandering of Christianity on this forum and to drive traffic. I hope your mission dies miserably.

Who teaches you the word?
Who imparts the Holyspirit in you?
Who builds you up in Faith?
Who guides you?

The purpose of salvation is to build a church, who heads the church?
So much more I wish to share with you but you can't receive it.

Please, honour your pastors and prophets for yo to get their reward.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The word Christian means, “follower of Christ” or “belonging to the party of Christ.”

And that's where u got wrong coz I don't believe what u just said is what makes one a christian.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Ade3000yrs(m): 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
hmm
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

And that's where u got wrong coz I don't believe what u just said is what makes one a christian.
There are bible verses to support it( Acts 11:26,Acts 26:28,1 Peter 4:16. You are called a Christian because
your behavior, activity, and speech are like Christ Jesus.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

There are bible verses to support it( Acts 11:26,Acts 26:28,1 Peter 4:16. You are called a Christian because
your behavior, activity, and speech are like Christ Jesus.

Maybe u think u talking to an atheist dats y u quoting bible for me......u are wrong very wrong in ur reply to what makes u a Christian.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Maybe u think u talking to an atheist dats y u quoting bible for me......u are wrong very wrong in ur reply to what makes u a Christian.
grin grin
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Dantedasz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Dantedasz(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 06, 2018
FrankFrenzy:

God bless you dear...
This confirms my assertion. My instinct keeps telling me that man is of God. Have never seen him before, haven't ever attended his church in any of the branches. I'm a catholic. I like his person, his teachings, his rather calm disposition and the way he carries himself. God bless His real servants

Even the other Pastors teach like him. I have attended two different branches of the church, great teachers.

Amen to God blessing His real servants.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by CreamyBanana(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2018
UBGG:

Even the other Pastors teach like him. I have attended two different branches of the church, great teachers.

Amen to God blessing His real servants.

SU.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by mystiquerebirth(m): 2:27am On Aug 07, 2018
Hypocrite, you had no good word for pastors, yet you claim the OP had an ulterior motive. Both of you might be one of a miserable kind.

peacettw:
Gullible followers.
The moment we all will realize that our church leaders are not gods but mere men, the quicker our liberation from mental slavery.

Please, if you are a Christian, worship God in spirit and in truth. Jesus paid the ultimate price through his death. You do not need these self proclaimed men of God with multiple stab wounds to take you there. Study the Bible, seek the truth, enrich your minds and above all free yourself from these wolves in sheep's clothings.

**Modification
The person who created this post clearly had an ulterior motive which is to encourage the slandering of Christianity on this forum and to drive traffic. I hope your mission dies miserably.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by peacettw: 5:55am On Aug 07, 2018
mystiquerebirth:
Hypocrite, you had no good word for pastors, yet you claim the OP had an ulterior motive. Both of you might be one of a miserable kind.

I mustnt agree with the op dear. That doesnt make me a hypocrite
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by benedictac(f): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I loose u from today from the grip of ur pastor lawrence.
Grace.
I reject you in Jesus name. you are free to be bound to that debia
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Lagosfinder:
yet still pray and care
Mention your pastor and show appreciation
rubbish! Then Jesus died in vain, abi? undecided
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Jul 04, 2020
kazyhm:
Yeye.......the pastor takes the calling upon himself......nobody send him
Who call am to take the place of Jesus Christ or the Spirit of God? undecided
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by mixta14: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Who call am to take the place of Jesus Christ or the Spirit of God? undecided
BluntBoy:

Bro, are you trying to tell me that you have never heard about what they call BRAINWASHING or INDOCTRINATION before?

Do scammers put guns to people's heads before swindling them of their hard earned money? How do you think Boko Haram members are convinced to fight and die for Allah? Guns were not put to their heads, instead they were promised virgins in heaven. They were brainwashed.

It is the same thing that happens with pastors. First, they brainwash you with the verse "touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm". With this verse, they put fear into you. You become scared to criticize them even if they have committed a horrible crime.

Then, to collect your money, they scare you with devourers, hell and death.

For example, Oritsejafor told his followers that they would die young if they don't pay tithe. (no one wants to die young).

Adeboye told his followers that non tithers can't make heaven (everyone wants to make heaven).

Oyedepo told his followers that tithes and seed sowing are used to open kingdom blessings (of course, everyone wants to prosper).

You can see how brainwashing works. It is like a scammer promising you huge profits if you can join a business. He sweet talks you into trusting him and before you know it, you have given him all your money. He didn't have to put a gun to your head to make you part with your money.

Remember MMM? How many people put in money because there was a gun to their heads?
Since e no catch you why e dey pain you why get sense... Bros if its working for those doing they should continue ... I don't know why e dey pain some of you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Pastor David Elijah: What You Don't Know About The 'Bulletproof' Pastor / Olukoya Set To Lose Mountain Of Fire Prayer City - Sahara Reporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.