Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain (709 Views)

PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment / ACF Chieftain, Anthony Sani, Calls Igbos Howlers / North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali (2) (3) (4)

The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by infohenry(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2010
Just few days after meeting of Norther elders in Abuja in which the insist the North must produce the president in 2011, a chieftain of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Mohammed Abdulrahman, has asked them to forget 2011 and used the period to put their home in order stating that a region that have ruled nigeria for 38 years should not be begging to rule using zoning as weapon. He blamed the wows of the country on the northern ruling class who failed the people of nigeria.
He stated that Obasanjo Presidency is the product of northern establishment and not zoning and asked Jonathan to contest in 2011.

At least nigeria still have sincere people.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/june/20/national-20-06-2010-001.htm
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by debeginin(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2010
Well said.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by PROJECT: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2010
good thinking good product
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2010
and i read a post on nairaland accusing ''the sun'' of bias.thank God there are still some reasonable nigerians.this issue should go beyond tribe and region.what we need is a man who can take us a step up.men and women from the old eastern or midwestern region should be given a trial.it might be the miracle we have been waiting for.when jonathans tenure expires in 2019,we should try a southeasterner or a bendelite.the entire north have tried and failed.southwest has tried and failed(with one man though).
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2010
Abagworo:

and i read a post on nairaland accusing ''the sun'' of bias.thank God there are still some reasonable nigerians.this issue should go beyond tribe and region.what we need is a man who can take us a step up.men and women from the old eastern or midwestern region should be given a trial.it might be the miracle we have been waiting for.when jonathans tenure expires in 2019,we should try a southeasterner or a bendelite.the entire north have tried and failed.southwest has tried and failed(with one man though).

You are always saying a lot of bullshit ,seems you are not informed about the realities on ground
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by candylips(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2010
nonsense
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2010
But is the North a political party?

Why does it matter to the North which ethnic group the next President comes from?

I thought they were the champions of one Nigeria?
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2010
Abagworo:

this issue should go beyond tribe and region

men and women from the old eastern or midwestern region should be given a trial

when jonathans tenure expires in 2019,we should try a southeasterner or a bendelite. the entire north have tried and failed.southwest has tried and failed(with one man though).
You are just a terrible bag of contradictions aren’t you? This issue should go beyond tribe but in the very next breath you demand people should be selected based on there tribe/ethnicity. WORSE is you continue giving Jonathan 8 years out of thing air at the expense of Nigerians. How do it feel in that head of yours, I want to know? Lol
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by sjeezy8: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2010
olas2u:

You are always saying a lot of bullshit ,seems you are not informed about the realities on ground

Kobojunkie:

You are just a terrible bag of contradictions aren’t you? This issue should go beyond tribe but in the very next breath you demand people should be selected based on there tribe/ethnicity. WORSE is you continue giving Jonathan 8 years out of thing air at the expense of Nigerians. How do it feel in that head of yours, I want to know? Lol

Yea that Abagworo guy is a GO.AT.- He says this is not about tribe but always includes tribe or regions- WTF

@Abagworoidiot
Number 1- Jonathan is from the Old East- so what are you saying? Oh I know your ethnicity should try AGAIN - tribal Goat.

Number 2- Wasnt Zik president and how about Irionsi?- Dont tell me your memory is fuckd na amnesia you get

Number 3 the SW- didnt try and fail- it was One person and he did not fail at making Nigeria more equal. If Obj wasnt president - NO SOUTHERNER WOULD EVEN SMELL ASOROCK president seat- point blank.

Number 4- the north didnt try and fail- individuals from the North failed- and If theres a northerner like elrufai or ribadu  that will contest after Jonathan 2015 or 2019 I will vote for him if hes the best candidate running. regardless of him being from the north

Number 5 - all this taking turns is bullshiot is nonsense- Its a democracy and majority choice not fukin take turns in all regions or tribes-

Stop all the crying- This is a democracy a northerner wins most votes so be it.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by sjeezy8: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2010
[size=14pt]@ ALL- its high time everyone realizes AFTER Jonathan there is no more Zoning ONLY real politicking and alliances, with credible candidates that can actually win votes.[/size]

So if a person cant cut across region,ethnic and religous lines- Like Mko Abiola, Obj, Elrufai, Ribadu and even Zik than you should forget about presidency.

All this taking turns is over - PDP Northerners wont continue it it doesnt benefit them.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Abagworo(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2010
1)I never knew there were ethnic groups(tribes) called east or midwest.

2)Why are y'all scared of jonathan finishing his likely two terms?

sjeezy8:

Yea that Abagworo guy is a GO.AT.- He says this is not about tribe but always includes tribe or regions- WTF

@Abagworoidiot
Number 1- Jonathan is from the Old Eas[/b]t- so what are you saying? Oh I know your ethnicity should try AGAIN - tribal Goat.

[b]Number 2- Wasnt Zik president and how about Irionsi?- Dont tell me your memory is fuckd na amnesia you get

Number 3 the SW- didnt try and fail- it was One person and he did not fail at making Nigeria more equal. If Obj wasnt president - NO SOUTHERNER WOULD EVEN SMELL ASOROCK president seat- point blank.

Number 4- the north didnt try and fail- individuals from the North failed- and If theres a northerner like elrufai or ribadu  that will contest after Jonathan 2015 or 2019 I will vote for him if hes the best candidate running. regardless of him being from the north

Number 5 - all this taking turns is bullshiot is nonsense- Its a democracy and majority choice not fukin take turns in all regions or tribes-

Stop all the crying- This is a democracy a northerner wins most votes so be it.

i will never be drawn into unnecessary war of words with anyone.i never mentioned yoruba,efik or igbo.i just said jonathan should complete his term till 2019 and you called me an idiot.the midwest,southeast and east central host every wealth nigeria has been tapping since 1958.wealth is easier managed by the owner than an outsider.watch nigeria develop rapidly if jonathan continues.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by sjeezy8: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2010
^^^ Once again you make no sense . . . .

There should be fiscal federalism- not rotational presidency so your argument of national wealth by the owner is BS and doesnt even make sense.

Jonathan should contest to become president because hes already there in the presidents seat not because hes an ijaw or "the owner of the nations wealth".

Federalism will put to the death all the calls of presidency from clowns around the sountry who think because they are from the ND or East they should be president.

I pray for federalism - Amen
so all regions can do their own thing and people not feel they are owed the presidency.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Abagworo(m): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2010
@sjeezy8.will you bet that nigeria will develop rapidly if power shifts to where it should be?

let us judge this in 2013 on nairaland(ie if jonathan wins)

another issue is war.in as much as those of us on nairaland are not ready for war,i can assure you that millions of people in southeast and southsouth are armed to their teeth waiting for 2015.this can only be avoided if jonathan continues.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2010
Abagworo:

1)I never knew there were ethnic groups(tribes) called east or midwest.
For one, anyone arguing against application of FAIR REGIONAL ZONING who then goes ahead to suggest candidates ought to be chosen on merit blows his own argument to pieces when he follows that by suggesting REGIONS where possible CANDIDATES to be considered ought to come from.
Try HARDER at not contradicting yourself.

Abagworo:

2)Why are y'all scared of jonathan finishing his likely two terms?
I think it is more the case that you have somehow made a messiah out of this man that you have somehow chosen to abandon common sense at the door in this. No one is afraid of a man who has yet to show himself capable of a job that he was thrust into by chance.
The issue here is bigger than him and concerns the upholding of our laws/constitution above all these goons.

Abagworo:

i will never be drawn into unnecessary war of words with anyone.i never mentioned yoruba,efik or igbo.i just said jonathan should complete his term till 2019 and you called me an .the midwest,southeast and east central host every wealth nigeria has been tapping since 1958.wealth is easier managed by the owner than an outsider.watch nigeria develop rapidly if jonathan continues.
Ok . . . let us assume you are on track here for a second. Who gave Jonathan this 8 year term you refer to? DEMOCRACY? PDP Zoning Agreement? Which one? How did you arrive at him having to finish his term by 2019. According to PDP Zoning, it is not his turn. According to Democracy, and constitution, Every President is allowed to seek re-election every 4 years. So, if he has not even gotten the people’s mandate for 2011 term, what in the world are you going on about? Na im papa property? Na anybody papa property?
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by One11: 4:32am On Jun 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^^ Once again you make no sense . . . .

There should be fiscal federalism- not rotational presidency so your argument of national wealth by the owner is BS and doesnt even make sense.

Jonathan should contest to become president because hes already there in the presidents seat not because hes an ijaw or "the owner of the nations wealth".

Federalism will put to the death all the calls of presidency from clowns around the sountry who think because they are from the ND or East they should be president.

I pray for federalism - Amen
so all regions can do their own thing and people not feel they are owed the presidency.

I hear you, federalism is good;however, sum in the north want Arewa Republic, Yorubas want Oduduwa Republic, Igbo want Biafra Republic, and The ND want their own country as well. What harm would it cause if each of those parts go their own way but still have friendly trade amongst each others as they would to other African countries?
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by infohenry(m): 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
I believe this region of thing is what has been holding nigeria down, another election is approaching nobody is talking on how to move this nation forward rather it is how to leave the office of the president to one group of people. I have followed all these discussions about 2011 in nairaland, is pity that we the younger generation is also buying into this aberration called rotation, now all the aspirants should be telling nigeria how they planned to fix our roads, solve the issue of epileptic power in this country, create job for the unemployed etc but we are holding meeting issuing communique on how the president should be our birth right. What a failed state.
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2010
What exactly are OTHER REGIONS doing about the problems you highlighted? People here are quick to fault the PDP North here for trying to make sure the agreement within their party is upheld but I don't see the PDP South focusing either on those same issues or working rather on protecting the interest of the south or Nigeria?
Re: The North Should Forget 2011. Acf Chieftain by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2010
info henry:

I believe this region of thing what is holding nigeria down, another election is approaching nobody is talking on how to move this nation forward rather it is how to leave the office of the president to one group of people. I have followed all this discussion about 2011 in nairaland, is pity that we the younger generation is also buying into this aberration called rotation, now all the aspirants should be telling nigeria how they planned to fix our roads, solve the issue of epileptic power in this country, create job for the unemployed etc but we holding meeting issuing communique on how the president should be your birth right. What a failed state.

If we dont get it politically,you can get it economically.The politics is tied to the economy because govt is the biggest spender and not the private sector.So you need a competent and the best to be there before you can think of job creation.We have been running a  unitary system of federalism,and some stock of people are happy sharing the money every month without creating ideas in their various states.some states cannot survive without the monthly money.It is only lagos state and rivers that can surive without federal alloacation.The rest are are dependents.

Television Star Toun Oni Dies / Jonatha's Achievement So Far: / Dora's Allegations Against Me Are Laughable-soludo