Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. (19431 Views)

Why Your Family Should Know The Password To Your Phone -nigerian Woman Tells Men / Mark Zuckerberg Launches Facebook Dating / Whatsapp Finally Rolled Out Revoke Message Feature For Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by TechCapon(m): 6:15am On Aug 06, 2018
TechCapon

As a way to continue attracting more young people to the biggest social media on the planet Facebook recently announced that it will soon roll out a dating feature that will enable people be able to find that perfect, special someone. Already, people have already started using Facebook for dating and meeting new mates and it has been working well but this new feature is going to make it a lot more secure and easier than trying to date someone on the normal app. There has been a lot of confusion and rumors about this feature so we have decided to clarify everything and tell you all you need to know about this highly anticipated feature I know everyone is eagerly waiting for.

1. It is not an app, it’s just a feature:

Yes, it’s not an app on it’s own. A lot of rumors have been flying around that Facebook dating is going to be a new app that will be released by Facebook. Well, our finding have shown us that it will not be an app, but a new feature that will be embedded into the Facebook app.

2. 2. The feature has not been released yet.

Officially, the feature has not been released yet although the company have started testing it among it’s employees. Facebook however has issued a strong warning to it’s staff that the app is not for dating co-workers. After the company has finished testing it, the feature will be released globally.

3. These are the screenshots of what the new feature would look like.

4. There will be a limit to how many people you can meet via the feature.

There will actually be a limit to how many people you can actually express your interest in while using this new feature, this is mainly for security reasons as well as preventing spamming.

5. Only those who activate the feature can use it:

We have confirmed that only those people who are interested in dating can use it, this means that the feature is optional. If you activate this feature in your Facebook app, only those who also activates it can see you and vice-versa. Anyone who doesn’t activates it will not be able to see you.

6. Facebook will only match you with a date of your own choice:

Facebook is going to use what they know about you to match you with person of your interest, for example your location, gender, etc. They would ask you if you will like to meet men, women and so on. Then you can choose from the options Facebook gives you and they will be around your location.

We know you are all waiting anxiously for this new feature and Facebook knows it. This has nothing to do with low self esteem or anything like that rather it’s a great feature that will enhance the social media and make it more fun and enjoyable. As soon as the feature is released, we will keep you informed.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/everything-you-should-know-about-the-much-expected-facebook-dating-feature/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by chizzyjnr(m): 6:51am On Aug 06, 2018
FTC for the very first time Abeg shower me with likes

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2018
STC for the first time, abeg shower me with likes grin

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by ExAngel007(f): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2018
I can't wait wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2018
Facebook is mad grin
So the time we dey waste there no do them?

Union bank is innovating youths now and you can be one. Please apply now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by lifestyle1(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2018
Yahoo boys will kill this platform!

72 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by nony43(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2018
New format for Scammers

17 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by chrisixis(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2018
nice one
Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by FreshBoss007: 7:33am On Aug 06, 2018
chizzyjnr:
FTC for the very first time Abeg shower me with likes

keep waiting...

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by DlawTECHY(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
Work done set... If you know you know..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by shox(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
Who talk say facebook no dey pay any more
Well it's just about to pay some serious cash....
If you know you know
shocked grin cheesy

28 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by alibaba1995(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
another medium for scamming...
it cool though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Elukapendragon(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
Hmm... Scamming will start undecided

5 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by inoki247: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
New Yahoo Boy Fixtures... if you know you know

14 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Jimmy231: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
I can't wait me need new client

11 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by codedpee(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
As if people have not been dating before? sad

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Almaiga: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2018
I'll pass, this is not for me.

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by stefanweeks: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Over to Yahoo boys

8 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Teaser4(m): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
STC for the first time, abeg shower me with likes grin
how will likes put food on your table. smh

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Great. May we never meet cheaters via this feature, amen.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Ayemileto(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Facebook are doing everything possible to stay relevant in the social media market. grin

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Quality20(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Do we need it?? No.. Badoo dating is enough for anyone looking for a spouse

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by lifestyle1(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2018
chizzyjnr:
FTC for the very first time
Abeg shower me with likes

On a monday morning ?

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by KendrickAyomide: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2018
we are waiting.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Rapsino(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2018
ExAngel007:
I can't wait wink
U av not finished ur dating on nairaland u want to jump to Facebook. Haba calm down. We are here for u, or u av giving up on us? shocked cool

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by humilitypays(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
This will kill long distance relationship between people in Lagos, Abuja with people in Jos, Kaduna, Owerri, Portharcour, Ibadan, Warri, etc, and it will also kill interracial relationship and marriage that happens between Africans and those in US, Europe, Asia, which is actually why many people want to search for date online grin

All the ladies in Nigeria looking for foreign based husband will run away from Facebook because Facebook will only be matching them with Seun, Musa, Chike and Akpos in their street who have no money nor kwulikwuli to offer them.

All the Nigerian guys who their friends met their Oyimbo granny wives on Facebook will not like this because they won't be able to find their own Oyimbo granny wife to help them catapult away from the sufferings in Nigeria.

How will Nigerian guys abroad find love in Nigeria if u keep matching Nigerian ladies in Aba with guys in Osisioma Ngwa

How will Yetunde living in Ibadan find her love in London if u keep matching her with Tunji at Iwo road Ibadan

How will all the Lagos guys dying with konji who Lagos chicks have refused to reply their hi for the past decade find love in Owerri or Portharcour or KD when u keep matching Osaze at Igando with Aisha at Ikotun

Mark should be careful before youths all over the world lynch him angry

Many people looking for love online already have admirers or toasters or friends around their location but chose to look for love far away from their location for reasons best known to them.

With this dating feature of matching people with people near their location, then Facebook is already about to go down to the bin if care is not taken undecided

11 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by hernandson(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2018
I know we all feel scamming will be at its peak through this, but trust me it's just a way of baiting scammers, it's like baiting a snake with cook eggs. they know it's a platform scammers would love.

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by RexTramadol1: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2018
Na all ds cheap gals u go see for there.

Hian!
Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by ExAngel007(f): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2018
Rapsino:

U av not finished ur dating on nairaland u want to jump to Facebook. Haba calm down. We are here for u, or u av giving up on us? shocked cool
Me date a nairaland guy

1 Like

Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by Davepal: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2018
I see a massive revenue option for Facebook to rake in billion dollars within some few months.
Re: Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature. by modaink333: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2018
gee legalized

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THL W100 Android Smartphone / Tecno Phantom Z (A7) Specs, Features, Price And Where To Buy / 5 Ways To Make Internet Connection Fast On Your Android Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.