Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live (19543 Views)

Facebook Copies Snapchat Feature: Feature Goes Live In Nigeria / My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. / Nigeria Emergency Numbers Harmonisation: 112 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by apala911: 2:19pm On May 23, 2013
A typical national emergency call number with links to Federal Road Safety Corps, police and fire service has been launched in Nigeria as the nation’s first and only 24-hour national bureau of directory and information services.

Named “7411 bureau of information”, the service also has businesses listings, people finders, driving directions, tax advices, address finders, health histories, record back-up, weather forecasts, reverse phone tracker, and jobs finder.

The technical company in charge of the project quoted the Director of Engineering at the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), Mr. Sani Adamu, as saying that “to have easy access into information and life saving tips Nigerians residents can dial 7411 on any phone in Nigeria and +2347411 from outside Nigeria, or access the link on 411ng.com.

He added that the commission is committed to building information rich Nigeria.
He enjoined Nigerians to embrace the use of the services to aid
information knowledge level, business development and contribute to progressing the Nigeria we all desire.

“The need to correctly find and be found in Nigeria cannot be overlooked or pushed to the back in the development process of any
serious country wishing to make proper development.

Gone are the days when life changing information and tips are prized above money, we must not forget the role of information
accessibilities in human per capita development” Adamu said.
According to him, when fully operational, the national directory number can comfortably handle 670,000 callers at a time.
He said: "This is made possible by advanced simulative telecommunication technology, similar to that presently deployed in
Israel, United States, Britain and Dubai."

The Chief Technical Officer of the company, Matt Howard, said the data centre is an advanced one of a kind, built with over 13 million
different software used in B2B directory tracking, global positioning. It also has 24-hour traffic surveillance people finders, stock market analysis reporting, finger print readers, facial recognition software, vehicle tracking, crime scene reporting, CCTV Data records and backup, cross marketing and emergency response call forwarding to police and trained authorities.

Howard said: “The centre will presently receive in – bound enquiry calls from over 3,000 Nigerians at a time for now, and about 27 million enquiries can be processed every day as we speak. We are working to increase inbound trunks to accommodate 10 million callers at a time. This we should achieve before the end of June 2014.

As at today, we have employment for over 3,000 Nigerians, majorly trained statistics and data dissemination experts, multi lingual
Distress experts; anti-terrorist negotiators, doctors ,first aid nurses ,pilots, call centre agents, career development advisors,
weather experts, IT and Technical experts and so on. They will offer professional services daily to Nigerians.”

The company’s Chief Operating Officer, Ms. Denise Cann, also stressed that the directory number – 7411 might equally serve as a counter terrorism number into which the entire nation may dial into at the hour of need.

“Such distress calls or emergency will be forwarded to police or the joint task force as the case may be for rapid intervention. We will
work with major companies like Google GPS, NIGCOMSAT, CBN, GLO1 and Main one to achieve these noble feat” she said

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-s-emergency-number-goes-live/148281/

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Lilimax(f): 2:24pm On May 23, 2013
This is a welcomed development.
We need to brace up to the security challenges we are currently facing.
smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by taharqa2: 2:53pm On May 23, 2013
Just read this Exciting info smwhere b4 logging on. I mean one does not need to overstate how extremely, extremely Important this move is.... A National Emergency No in Nigeria? Finally. Very Big Kudos to those pushing this

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by imeller: 2:57pm On May 23, 2013
number not working.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by taharqa2: 4:20pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by ekoileee: 4:56pm On May 23, 2013
Year right... lol
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by irunmoleaiye: 5:07pm On May 23, 2013
The Number you are dialing does not exist, please check the number and dial again. that is the message I'm getting.SMH

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 23, 2013
Na who wan call this nos.the no wey u go call wey dem no go pick
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 23, 2013
I pray make the call dey go thru and make dem dey pick am
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by wellmax(m): 5:18pm On May 23, 2013
Great news, Lagos always setting the example.
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by nijanigga: 5:19pm On May 23, 2013
What a joke.Gullible Nigerians buy this. Police that will tell you they don' have petrol in their vehicles will answer 7411 call.Nigeria like to jump ship, babies learn to walk after mastering crawling. 7411 is stillbirth

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 23, 2013
grin angry grin grin grin. choi, Naija nor go kill me.
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 23, 2013
i.meller:
number not working.

grin
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 23, 2013
is it free ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by wellmax(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2013
Sorry o, is it an emergency number or just a information hub? www.411ng.com is not even opening.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by dareyking(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2013
Naija goverment *gbagun style* all z jst remix...de numba is busy...mean while u can nod ur head to ma Ll cool j ft redman,cannibus,dmx-4,3,2,1...
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by W3xy1(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2013
welcome development
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Babaofor(m): 5:22pm On May 23, 2013
ok we go see!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Kslib(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2013
nijanigga: What a joke.Gullible Nigerians buy this. Police that will tell you they don' have petrol in their vehicles will answer 7411 call.Nigeria like to jump ship, babies learn to walk after mastering crawling. 7411 is stillbirth
This is the 21st century duuh!! Our police now use HORSES..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by sylve11: 5:23pm On May 23, 2013
U r not allowed to call this number, says airtel. cool
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by scofield33(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2013
no matter how sub-standard it looks...this is a step forward i believe

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Willgates(m): 5:24pm On May 23, 2013
Ok...letz c hw long it'l last
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Delafruita(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
irunmoleaiye: The Number you are dialing does not exist, please check the number and dial again. that is the message I'm getting.SMH
exactly
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by wheesin(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
finally..it has been achieved..this development wil help alot but nigerians should be careful..dont call unnecesarily or just to prank them...because i can hear sum people askin them questions like i dnt knw how to lite the stove..how do i do it..?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 23, 2013
Well, dis is a welcome development. But considering d state of our network operators in nigeria, their poor quality service coupled wit their high tariff, dat aside can we count on d personnels to discharge their their duty effectively nd efficiently considering d state of teknological development in d country, even if everytin shld go as planned can we count on d so called FRSC, intelligent bodies, and security officials to carry out their duty as expected, cos even if u are being rob in d middle of d nite nd a police station is close to where u are dont expect dem 2 show up not until afta some few minutes those badt guys must av left.My major fear is dat can it stand d test of time, without needin to set up a comiti some 2 or 3 yrs to come.
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by XHTML: 5:28pm On May 23, 2013
Good Development.

BUT can someone explain this to me? This is how we "Go LIVE?"

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Lilimax(f): 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
i.meller:
number not working.

Lines may be busy please call later cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
Number does not exist and bandwidth exceeded!!!! Yepaa!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 23, 2013
Phewwww! Welcoming myself to nairaland after a long break....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Lilimax(f): 5:30pm On May 23, 2013
ayswags: Na who wan call this nos.the no wey u go call wey dem no go pick
Be optimistic...It will work smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by DJDOLA(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2013
Am callin it now and its not going...wat a number
Re: Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live by Morgan1092(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2013
All dis ppl condeming dis idea, can we Nigerians just be positive 4 once & welcome a new development. SMH in disappointment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get Mtn #500 Bonus With Just #2 Instead Of #100 / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. / MTN: People Trying To Register Their Sim Cards Even On Sunday - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.