Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy (29067 Views)

Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano / Ganduje's Reply To Hafiz Abubakar, His Deputy That Resigned To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Mrakeli: 9:28am On Aug 06, 2018
The Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje has reacted to the resignation of his deputy, Hafiz Abubakar.

He claimed that the former deputy governor spent over N150million on foreign and local trips.

The governor said this to counter Abubakar’s claims before his resignation yesterday that Ganduje had not been paying his allowances.

Mr Ganduje said his former deputy resigned over fears of imminent impeachment process by 30 out of the 40-member Kano state House of Assembly over “false, unfounded allegations and undermining the state government”.

Mr Abubakar tendered his resignation earlier on Sunday, citing irreconcilable differences with the governor.

The ex-deputy governor had in the past lamented the governor’s failure to pay allowances due to office for several months.

In a statement by the state commissioner for Information, Youth and Culture, Mohammed Garba, the governor said the former deputy governor was also accused of making unguarded comments capable of causing disaffection particularly in the ruling All Progressive Congress , APC, and the state in general.

“The deputy governor, who doubled as commissioner for Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, has publicly forsake the Ganduje Administration and swore allegiance to his political Godfather, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso,” it said.

The statement also debunked allegations over threat to his life and that of members of his immediate family which is regarded as unbecoming considering his position as no. two citizen with a provision for statutory security detail.

On non payment of allowances, the state government said in one year alone, the former deputy governor was paid over N120million.

“Based on available records, in 2017 alone, the sum of over N120, 000, 000.00 was paid to him as travelling allowance both within and outside the country, while in 2018, over N30, 000,000.00 million was paid to him for various travelling allowances.

“Of recent, in July, to be precise, the sum of N7,409,575.00 was released to the former deputy governor to travel to the United Kingdom to receive an Honourary Degree from the University of Reading; the sum of N7,800,000.00 was also paid as his travelling allowance to Khartoum, Sudan for the convocation ceremony of the University of Africa; for a trip to the United Kingdom for the World Education Forum, the sum of N8,509,000.00 was paid to him; while his trip to Saudi Arabia for his daughters’ graduation was also sponsored by the state government, among other privileges extended to him,” the statement added.

The governor therefore challenged the former deputy governor to show proof on allegations that the state government had committed resources to sponsor rally in support of his removal from office, adding that the gravity of the allegation may prompt the government to take appropriate action.

“The former deputy governor ought to have landed safely and quietly instead of making unsubstantiated allegations just to draw attention,” he added.

[b][url]http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/ganduje-spits-fire-reveals-why-his.html

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by somto10: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2018
Forget talk d deputy is simply kwankwasiyya....

36 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Alanzazani: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2018
These politicians are just crooks. See how they waste our resources. Meanwhile how much is the minimum wage

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by seborrhic: 10:21am On Aug 06, 2018
If its 'just N150m' that the deputy governor is alleged to have overspent on trips that is this man's offence,then the man is a relative saint in today's Nigerian political dispensation.
Let the governor tell us how much he has spent in the same time period on the same items and give account of his security vote for all to compare and contrast and give judgement on the saint and the sinner.
I am pretty sure the deputy will come out relatively looking like a rare breed amongst his peers and a 'simpleton' for being too frugal,compared to his governor.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by franchasng: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2018
Northern crooks; in a normal society, these mediocre people can only become waiters at local bars, but because Nigeria is a failed nation, rogues and crooks are elected as leaders to the height of governors, senators and even president, what a nation cry

14 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Minjim: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2018
Kwankaso was Kano governor in 1999. Shekarau defeated him in 2003.
After 8yrs, Kwankaso came back.
Kwan refused to pay Shek his benefits from 2011 to 2015.
Kwan joined APC and Shek left immediately to PDP.
Ganduje came in and paid Shek's benefits.
Now Kwan is frnds with Shek.
And they're both planning to dislodge Ganduje.

How ironic

34 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by magoo10(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2018
Wey the fire na
Ganduje is pained that kwakwanso controls even his deputy .

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2018
Ganduje is mad and foolish

100 yrs old ancestor in power.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by TheFreeOne: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2018
If the deputy governor received so much in traveling allowances I wonder how much the governor himself gets for such self-serving.

These selfish politicians loves perks of office to the detriment of the masses.

8 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by NextGovernor(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2018
So you see how this foolish people are. Using state funds for personal travel matter. What concerns government concerns your daughter's graduation?

This is how politicians squander money for nonsense. It is now the governor is saying it because he has finally dump your party. Only God also knows the stupid allowances this governor has also collected.

8 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by HelpMeJesus(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2018
No be only spits fire. He should spit even hot coal and brimstone. Idio
Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by tiredoflife(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Na Niger delta money these northern parasites dey chop like dis angry

7 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by tsephanyah(f): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
sagio09:

Abeg everyday i dey read dix ur banana message bt i read it over and over again bt i couldnt get the exact message trying to be passed.please explain to me what it means.
A situation where someone else may try to spread the rumor that it’s actually a banana — an absurd determination implicitly links to the spreading of fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by sagio09: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
tsephanyah:
A situation where someone else may try to spread the rumor that it’s actually a banana — an absurd determination implicitly links to the spreading of fake news.
Ke bahaushiya ce ko? Reply in hausa to prove cheesy.
Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by tsephanyah(f): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
sagio09:

Ke bahaushiya ce ko? Reply in hausa to prove cheesy.
ehh bahaushiya ce

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Mystiquefia: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
tiredoflife:
Na Niger delta money these northern parasites dey chop like dis angry
I Tire Ooo

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by sagio09: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
tsephanyah:
ehh bahaushiya ce
daga wana gari
Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by danjaba(m): 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
The truth is... Ganduje, start preparing your handover notes.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by BabaRamota1980: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
sagio09:

Abeg everyday i dey read dix ur banana message bt i read it over and over again bt i couldnt get the exact message trying to be passed.please explain to me what it means.

De gal love banana... grin
Very beautiful and charming.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Biglittlelois(f): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
We all know he resigned cos you threatened him after he left apc and opened your y**sh, we all know you wouldnt allow him to breath fresh air as your deputy cos apc animals are nitwits who spits bubbles when one of their member defects, so Ganduje shove your stupid reasons WHY up your as...s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
shocked shocked

spits fire....is he sango?

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by thunder74(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by python2gbera: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
-python2

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by python2gbera: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
An allowance in the sum of 120 million in 1 yr . Virtually all our political office holders are guilty of financial crime against the Nigerian state.

python2

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by dukie25: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
He claimed that the former deputy governor spent over N150million on foreign and local trips.

Why didn't you us before?
Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Fundango: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
NextGovernor:
So you see how this foolish people are. Using state funds for personal travel matter. What concerns government concerns your daughter's graduation?

This is how politicians squander money for nonsense. It is now the governor is saying it because he has finally dump your party. Only God also knows the stupid allowances this governor has also collected.
grin
Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by Firefire(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
professional liar grin

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
No

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS Releases Another Warning Alert Over Plot To Destabilize Nigeria / Photo Of Tukur Buratai, His Father And Son / Buhari Leads Atiku With Nearly 500,000 Votes For 20 Lgas In Kastina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.