Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar (34061 Views)

Kwankwaso And I Sold Gov’t Houses, Ganduje Replies Abba Gida-gida / Ganduje's Reply To Hafiz Abubakar, His Deputy That Resigned To Join PDP / Ganduje: Why Hafiz Abubakar Resigned As My Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by dre11(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25
Professor Hafiz Abubakar, former deputy governor of Kano State, has spoken on the rot in the economy, narrating how bullion vans go to government houses to carry money to bureau de change in broad daylight.

Abubakar stated this during the 21st Daily Trust Dialogue held on Thursday at NAF Conference Centre in Abuja.
The event was themed “Tinubu’s Economic Reforms: Gainers and losers”.

Daily Trust reports that Nigeria is battling with its worst naira depreciation crisis with the local currency exchanging at N1,400 to a dollar at the parallel market as of Thursday January 25, 2024.

There has been an alleged arbitrage in the foreign exchange market with the Bureau De Change (BDC) operators allegedly at the centre of the trade.

Our correspondent reports that the parallel market is the most important market for foreign exchange transactions.

Speaking at the Daily Trust Dialogue, Hafiz Abubakar urged The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to provide a system that will sanitize the unwholesome practice in forex transactions, saying the practice involves a very big risk for the country.

He said, “When I was a student in the 1980s in the United Kingdom, I was fully aware that there was a cap on cash transactions you can hold with bureau de change. Regrettably in our country, it is open.

The Central Bank of Nigeria has no figures of what is going on in our BDCs. And I am sure they are fully aware of the very great risk. In civilized societies, there are caps for cash transactions in any bureau de change, but in our country it is limitless.

And there is no system that keeps record of the transactions for our Central Bank to know what is happening there. To me, that is a very big risk. It is part of what is fueling corruption in this country. Bullion vans go to some government houses to carry money to BDCs in the daylight. I wonder why we don’t have a system that can make sure transactions are carried through the banks legitimately.”

https://dailytrust.com/trust-dialogue-bullion-vans-carry-money-from-govt-houses-to-bdcs-ex-deputy-gov/

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Arobaga: 8:30pm On Jan 25
grin

Any time I read bullion van my mind go just go Tinubu

264 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Karlifate: 8:34pm On Jan 25
Arobaga:
grin

I see what you did there, comrade kiss

168 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Karlifate: 8:35pm On Jan 25
If you still think [Nigerian] politicians care about you, including those parading themselves as saints, you're in for the rude shock of your life.

Their emotional supporters that benefits little to nothing of their largasse, will soon flood this thread with the usual tribalistic & religious jargons, their political gods has fed them with.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Curious345: 8:37pm On Jan 25
Happens in downstreet bourdillion too

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:40pm On Jan 25
Weren't you part of the system you deemed rot? And you can't even boast of any tangible development you brought to your constituency, ward or even your family house coupled with the jobless ones hovering around your envoy, nonsense

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Bobloco: 9:05pm On Jan 25
Tinubu is not just ferrying Lagosians common wealth in bullion vans; he has also built a two-decade-old blueprint conduit pipe connecting the coffers of the Lagos State Treasury to his personal pocket.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by TimeManager(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25
Here's the problem, you knew this and you kept mouth shut till you were out of the system, when they're eating at the table, nobody talks. Our patrotism is questionable in this country. If you probe further, some of these Governors are owners of BDCs. We're aware of certain politically exposed persons that are shareholders in banks that hoard dollars on their behalf.

-kiss the truth!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by BarrNosaEsq: 10:07pm On Jan 25
When Peter Obi said that the government of the day is a criminal enterprise, did you think he was just politicking? He knows what he's talking about! That's why they will fight tooth and nail to keep someone like him away from the Presidency.

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by adesegun121(m): 10:07pm On Jan 25
Ok
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Pgirigory: 10:08pm On Jan 25
bbb
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Eriokanmi: 10:08pm On Jan 25
Karlifate:

I see what you did there, comrade kiss
Despite all these, they still voted him. Some people are born perpetual slaves grin

1 dollar is 1,405 today and they're are keeping quiet over it. Propaganda doesn't develop a nation, honesty and transparency in governance do. Anyone who still stashes naira in his account these days is worst than mumu. What that money could buy last week can't buy it right now.

Fx rates keep going up per day but they don't care. People keep dying as a result of insecurity but they don't care. How would they care, when they're not voted into power but found their ways there through the back door. When a leader is genuinely voted into power, he cares about his people who put him there because he wouldn't want to let them down.

I'm thinking of converting all my money to dollar now sef. E no dey drink water. Let it be in my dom account and let naira keep hitting the rock.

18 Likes

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by wizelink(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25
Na today? It have tayed
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by iwaeda: 10:10pm On Jan 25

7 Likes

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by ImoleNaija: 10:10pm On Jan 25
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Peakdesign23(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25
shocked
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by abhosts(m): 10:11pm On Jan 25
Now you can see that the political class are the ones killing the value of the Naira. Businesses are cutting back on their imports due to weak demand but Naira keeps falling because of wicked politicians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Atarakpa: 10:11pm On Jan 25
Ganduje follow rubbish Naira

3 Likes

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Marvieduke(f): 10:11pm On Jan 25
See as the man is talking like we in nairaland are not aware of this old info...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Nahunger(m): 10:11pm On Jan 25
cheesy grin
We know what's up nah, na today.
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Brendaniel: 10:12pm On Jan 25
When I tell some people that importation is not the cause of naira losing value but corruption from the government, the rate at which they mop up the available dollars with stolen funds is faster than what the country is earning in dollars.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Skillsnigeria: 10:12pm On Jan 25
Hmmm
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by Anguldi(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25
Gandollar wink, now GanAPC cheesy.

Waiting for when tinubu will serve him hot wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by APCNig: 10:14pm On Jan 25
Okay nah
Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by DWJOBScom(m): 10:14pm On Jan 25
This is horrible
The thieves are still in power as we speak
I wonder who will hold them accountable

1 Like

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by MrJames007: 10:15pm On Jan 25
Why is he saying this now? Like he's innocent undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by jojothaiv(m): 10:15pm On Jan 25
Karlifate:
If you still think [Nigerian] politicians care about you, including those parading themselves as saints, you're in for the rude shock of your life.

Their emotional supporters that benefits little to nothing of their largasse, will soon flood this thread with the usual tribalistic & religious jargons, their political gods has fed them with.

Dem weyreys gbogbo..

Marvieduke:
See as the man is talking like we in nairaland are not aware of this old info...
I'm glad you're fully aware however those from the other sides will pretend like it doesn't matter.

2 Likes

Re: Bullion Vans Carry Money From Gov’t Houses To BDCs – Hafiz Abubakar by APCNig: 10:15pm On Jan 25
Arobaga:
grin

YES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit / Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? / Result Of Rivers State PDP Governorship Primary: Nyesom Wike Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.