Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War (18868 Views)

Zamfara State Deputy Governor Reacts To Governor Matawalle' S Defection To APC / Akpabio’s Defection Puts Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Under The Spotlight / Tambuwal s Defection The Untold Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by princegeo(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
I still dy suspect these man... The way his moving, it may be a game plan between him and saraki
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Koolking(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
your epistle is filled with "allegations",Buhari can't act or presume somebody is corrupt base on mere allegations,untill the court proves Akpabio is corrupt,Buhari can't stop Akpabio in decamping to APC

You have very sound reasoning. The writer is obviously one of these social media judges, jurists and executioners feigning 'too know'.

There are so many educated illiterates in Nigeria. Some relish social media 'likes' and basked in their ignorant and sentimental comments. These lots never miss a chance to grandstand.

Most Nigerians will tell you they are apolitical, but they will never stop hailing Saraki and co for defecting to another party, but claimed neutrality when the table turned. Nigerians and hypocrisy is inseparable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wizseller: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
naijapips04:

Shut up. OuK's case is taking forever because he's in APc. If he ever defects, watch how swift the judgement would be. Kiddy politics.

The court recently gave him time off to attend to his health..
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by bareal(m): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
vanbonattel:
Is that why he has to tie a whole bedspread on his head?

I suspect Akpabio to be a double agent sent by Saraki to monitor things from the other side.

No be bed spread em tie for head, na window blinds/cotton.
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Moukandjo: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
wizseller:

Your master Buhari said APC was been cleansed with those defections

Your midget chairman and fellow zombies said saraki and co's departure didn't matter

He went back to his vomit and to meet his kind

So since when did u start admitting rogues into your party

Don't you think Akpabio too will leave later on like the others? Back to PDP

Your hypocrisy stinks

Why don't u prove you are a party of men of integrity

Do you know how many frauds cases are on Akpabio?

Like serious and massive fraud cases

Buhari nows entertains and welcome the corrupt into his fold

How has buhari and APC shown themselves to be different?
Let's see if you're not also a shameless hypocrite.
First question: Do you believe Akpabio was corrupt while in the PDP?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by lextube: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Baawaa:
If you believe that there's no difference between PDP and APC just because APC is about to use Akpabio against PDP in the upcoming election please tell me the difference between SGT Rogers and Akpabio.

For the benefit of those who were young during Abacha era or forgotten about the role he played later on during their trial:

Sgt Rogers was a member of the killer squad set up by Major Al-Mustapha to deal with the "enemy" of Abacha government.

It was Sgt Rogers that pulled the trigger that killed Hajia Kudirat Abiola and near snuffed life out of late Baba Adesanya.

Guess what happened during trial? Prof Yemi Osinbajo used him as a prosecution witness to nail Gen Bamaiyi, Sabo and Al-Mustapha the bigger killers.

Did the action of Osinbajo rubbished his integrity as a senior lawyer? Never. Did the action questioned the genuinity of Tinubu as Governor of Lagos state? Absolutely not.

What about OBJ under which these killers were behind bars for nearly 15 years? Never.

Osinbajo used lesser evil to nail the real devil.

Those who are attacking the integrity of Mr President because of intending defection of Akpabio to APC are daft, stupid and foolish.

Some of you are nothing but bloody hypocrites. When the cold blooded murderer, Bukola Saraki and his killer squad left APC it was celebrated by you guys but as soon APC picked the lesser rogue to destroy whatever PDP stand to gain tears and sorrow became you guys middle name.

All this you just said is media trial. If you have any evidence against Saraki that he has a killer squad, by all means, publish the evidence on one of the National dailies. Better yet, submit the evidence to the Police so that they may take him to court. For now, your points are baseless.

As for now, the world knows the truth about Buhari and APC that their anti-corruption fight is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ok

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wizseller: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
Moukandjo:

Let's see if you're not also a shameless hypocrite.
First question: Do you believe Akpabio was corrupt while in the PDP?

Yes I believe Akpabio engaged in corrupt practices while he was a Governor

I have read different reports about how his projects were inflated especially that stadium project

It is now left for prosecutors to nail him in the court of law

I am not a PDP member but I chipped into this discussion based on the 2 parties involved and what Buhari told Nigerians in 2015 about how his presidency will be

Buhari govt is not exactly different from the impunities PDP was doing before they were voted out

1 Like

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Minjim: 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
PDP are hypocrites. They started this whole detection thing withv Obj.
And this was the same reason FFK joined PDP again before 2015 elections.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.nigerianmonitor.com/fani-kayode-left-apc-because-we-could-not-protect-him-from-efcc-tinubu/amp/

When Akpabio was being investigated by Efcc PDP told us it was witch hunting

However, this post is premature because we've seen this same Apc govt jailed two former Pdp governors who ran to Apc thinking their crimes we'll be forgotten.
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wirinet(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
wizseller:

Your master Buhari said APC was been cleansed with those defections

Politics. What do you expect him to say, that the party will die because of the defections?

Your midget chairman and fellow zombies said saraki and co's departure didn't matter

He went back to his vomit and to meet his kind

What vomit? I did not remember Buhari or APC having any issue with Akpabio.

So since when did u start admitting rogues into your party

When you also start admitting rogues in your own party.

Don't you think Akpabio too will leave later on like the others? Back to PDP

Yes he might. It all depends on interests. In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests.

Your hypocrisy stinks

As much as yours.

Why don't u prove you are a party of men of integrity

Integrity in politics? Now tell me, are you supporting PDP because of integrity?

Do you know how many frauds cases are on Akpabio?

Like serious and massive fraud cases
Much less than the fraud cases against Saraki.

Buhari nows entertains and welcome the corrupt into his fold

How has buhari and APC shown themselves to be different?

No matter what buhari does, no matter how different he tries to be, he can never get the support of you guys, So should he not try to consolidate and expand his base?
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Moukandjo: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
wizseller:

Yes I believe Akpabio engaged in corrupt practices while he was a Governor

I have read different reports about how his projects were inflated especially that stadium project

It is now left for prosecutors to nail him in the court of law

I am not a PDP member but I chipped into this discussion based on the 2 parties involved and what Buhari told Nigerians in 2015 about how his presidency will be

Buhari govt is not exactly different from the impunities PDP was doing before they were voted out
So because you know say I dey come for your jugular, you deny PDP? Ok o!
Well, since you've agreed Akpabio was corrupt while in the PDP, have you asked PDP sycophants why they kept indulging him & defending him so passionately for so long despite him being corrupt?
Also ask the PDP sycophants why they wanted to return to power with people they know are corrupt within them like Akpabio. Is it to loot more or what? I thought the demonic PDP claim they've changed for good now!
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by GSA01: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
PDP desperately trying to rubbish the Planned Defection of Akpabio with different antics of propaganda, just to deceive people that, he is been threatened by EFCC, Very cheap propaganda, So he should remain in PDP and be politically irrelevant in Akwa Ibom as Udom Emmanuel has hijacked all the state structure..Akpabio as a politician knows this, hence the jumping of ship is necessary to retain his senate seat..
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by gare(f): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
Baawaa:
If you believe that there's no difference between PDP and APC just because APC is about to use Akpabio against PDP in the upcoming election please tell me the difference between SGT Rogers and Akpabio.

For the benefit of those who were young during Abacha era or forgotten about the role he played later on during their trial:

Sgt Rogers was a member of the killer squad set up by Major Al-Mustapha to deal with the "enemy" of Abacha government.

It was Sgt Rogers that pulled the trigger that killed Hajia Kudirat Abiola and near snuffed life out of late Baba Adesanya.

Guess what happened during trial? Prof Yemi Osinbajo used him as a prosecution witness to nail Gen Bamaiyi, Sabo and Al-Mustapha the bigger killers.

Did the action of Osinbajo rubbished his integrity as a senior lawyer? Never. Did the action questioned the genuinity of Tinubu as Governor of Lagos state? Absolutely not.

What about OBJ under which these killers were behind bars for nearly 15 years? Never.

Those who are attacking the integrity of Mr President because of intending defection of Akpabio to APC are daft, stupid and foolish.

Some of you are nothing but bloody hypocrites. When the cold blooded murderer, Bukola Saraki and his killer squad left APC it was celebrated by you guys but as soon APC picked the lesser rogue to destroy whatever PDP stand to gain tears and sorrow became you guys middle name.

YOUR EXAMPLE DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE ISSUES ON GROUND, CALLING ONE SIDES HYPOCRITES IS WRONG I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED YOU CALL BOTH SIDES, ,THAT WILL BE FAIR ENOUGH.

IF WE HAVE TO GO BY THIS YOUR EXAMPLE IT MEANS NO BODY WILL BE PUNISHED FOR STEALING, GUY YOU LIE IT DOSE NOT WORK THAT WAY, THEY ALL SHOULD BE PUNISHED APC AND PDP POLITICIANS, MR PRESIDENT HAS FAILED IN REGARDS PLEASE KINDLY ACCEPT, THAT INTERGRITY CARD IS NO LONGER WORKING .

1 Like

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by VULCAN(m): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
I applaud your effort to whitewash the fake anti corruption crusade of your boss.

You tried.

But I have a question?

Now that Akpabio is about to be washed of his sins as he joins the sin washing party.. what happens to the billions that EFCC alleged that he stole?

Something tells me it will now be used to prop up the APC like Tinubu used Lagos State money and Ameachi used Rivers state money.

But that's just my imagination, who knows perhaps your right. Buhari's love of corrupt people funding his campaigns might be part of a hidden strategy to eventually jail them. grin

Baawaa:

1 Like

Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by advocatebaba(m): 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
tsephanyah:
tongue

“Some people might try to tell you that it’s a banana. They might scream, ‘Banana, banana, banana,’ over and over and over again. They might put BANANA in all caps. You might even start to believe that this is a banana. But it’s not. This is an apple.”

Buhari sak
Aside this, what else can u offer coz it seems diz d only write up flourishing in ur brain.
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wizseller: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
Moukandjo:

So because you know say I dey come for your jugular, you deny PDP? Ok o!
Well, since you've agreed Akpabio was corrupt while in the PDP, have you asked PDP sycophants why they kept indulging him & defending him so passionately for so long despite him being corrupt?
Also ask the PDP sycophants why they wanted to return to power with people they know are corrupt within them like Akpabio. Is it to loot more or what?

Why should I deny PDP if am their member... can't I lend my voice to a subject matter as a learned Nigerian?

And u weren't coming for my jugular...maybe someone else

He who comes equity you know must come with clean hands

The issue at hand is that Buhari claimed to be different...he was the poster boy of APC change agenda in 2015 which I supported too

But has he lived up to it since he assumed the mantle

He hasn't and if you are a sincere and objective fellow....you will agree that Buhari has been found wanting a number of times since 2015

Scandals have come up Nigerians expected him to act swiftly about but he stays aloof

Such a pity!
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by MWTH(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
Indeed a very sick submission.... Must people go public with their opinions? See how daft & dumb he has just made himself look. Absolutely, no sense in the whole story. Horrible
Nbote:

In ur mind now U have made a whole lotta sense... Dis is d height of shamelessness and daftness.. D fact dat U decided to even use d example of sgt Rogers and AlMustapha is not jus incoherent but totally unrelated. How exactly is it related in anyway to Akpabio and d Saraki conundrum? D FG had before now taken Saraki to every competent court and what happened? In most of d cases d FG withdrew d cases demselves... If dey had been accomplices in d same case it would have been understandable.
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
tsephanyah:
tongue

“Some people might try to tell you that it’s a banana. They might scream, ‘Banana, banana, banana,’ over and over and over again. They might put BANANA in all caps. You might even start to believe that this is a banana. But it’s not. This is an apple.”

Buhari sak
what is your problem with banana since morning? if you need it come let me give you for free
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by VULCAN(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
So since corruption cannot be based on allegations...why do you say PDP government was corrupt when the court has not "proven"(although courts do not prove anything- it's prosecutors that prove guilt, sad you don't know that) so.

After all how many PDP politicians are in jail?

There is nothing Buharist's will not say to sound righteous whereas they are the worst hypocrites in Africa

alhassanyusuf29:
your epistle is filled with "allegations",Buhari can't act or presume somebody is corrupt base on mere allegations,untill the court proves Akpabio is corrupt,Buhari can't stop Akpabio from decamping to APC
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by KingRagnar: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
There is no blackmail from the FG or Buhari to cause Akpabio to defect. Akpabio's associate released a statement saying his anticipated defection has nothing to do with EFCC but is rather based on other factors which he is yet to disclose. People are too quick to point blaming fingers on PMB whenever things are perceived as wrong. I believe this piece is one from a PDP paid agent.
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by coolscott(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Baawaa:

So how do you determine which is a lesser evil?

That is if in fact the allegation of sponsoring the robbers is true (in the first place)
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Moukandjo: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
wizseller:

Why should I deny PDP if am their member... can't I lend my voice to a subject matter as a learned Nigerian?

And u weren't coming for my jugular...maybe someone else

He who comes equity you know must come with clean hands

The issue at hand is that Buhari claimed to be different...he was the poster boy of APC change agenda in 2015 which I supported too

But has he lived up to it since he assumed the mantle

He hasn't and if you are a sincere and objective fellow....you will agree that Buhari has been found wanting a number of times since 2015

Scandals have come up Nigerians expected him to act swiftly about but he stays aloof

Such a pity!
But the PDP has been claiming recently that they've changed which is why they shamelessly want power again! Why are they angry a "corrupt" Akpabio is leaving their party? Are they not jokers?

My own point has been Buhari might have fallen short of the very high expectations he came with, but the satanic & demonic PDP parading themselves as the Messiah despite their evil reign are not an option at all. Other parties can come forward but not the PDP!
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by dahnimoh(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
your epistle is filled with "allegations",Buhari can't act or presume somebody is corrupt base on mere allegations,untill the court proves Akpabio is corrupt,Buhari can't stop Akpabio from decamping to APC

Is it not better to charge him to court now so the court will determine if he is guilty or innocent since he has enough evidence

Who is fooling Who?
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wizseller: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Moukandjo:

But the PDP has been claiming recently that they've changed which is why they shamelessly want power again! Why are they angry a "corrupt" Akpabio is leaving their party? Are they not jokers?

My own point has been Buhari might have fallen short of the very high expectations he came with, but the satanic & demonic PDP parading themselves as the Messiah despite their evil reign are not an option at all. Other parties can come forward but not the PDP!

Our democracy is still work in progress

So personally I don't do party too much....I look more at the candidate..their manifestos and programs

Above all...how they are able to convey their message with conviction.

2019 election is going to be very interesting and full of suprises

Take it or leave it...the odds are stack against Buhari

He can't seem to feel the purse of the people yet...

Many people are not happy with this government

Whether APC, PDP or any of the other 66 political parties....we are all Nigerians and

Nigeria''s development should be paramount

We must come to a time when we can xray a government objectively and criticise

Buhari''s government doesn't have what it takes

This is democracy....someone else should mount the saddle

And then, lastly one of the thing that crashed GEJ government is this issue of killing competition in a political party and ascribing demi god status to a president

Honestly tell me...why are they no other presidential candidates in APC

Why is it all about Buhari. ...

Truth be told...is Buhari, an intellectual deficient and incapacitated man the best APC has got?

But as it stands....no one wants to challenge Buhari. ...is that true democracy.

Buhari lacks the capacity and acumen to lead us in the 21st century

He has divided the nation more than uniting it..he didn't cause the killings but how he has responded has led many to believe there is more to it..

No compassion and empathy....no emotions....very insensitive and non chalant to public opinion

Are those traits of great leaders

We should stop this senseless folly about only Buhari can lead Nigeria
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by chukseric504869: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
cry me a river.when saraki n co defected we never saw ur epistle now u ve sudden known. how to carve a niche.mtcheew
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Moukandjo: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
wizseller:

Our democracy is still work in progress

So personally I don't do party too much....I look more at the candidate..their manifestos and programs

Above all...how they are able to convey their message with conviction.

2019 election is going to be very interesting and full of suprises

Take it or leave it...the odds are stack against Buhari

He can't seem to feel the purse of the people yet...

Many people are not happy with this government

Whether APC, PDP or any of the other 66 political parties....we are all Nigerians and

Nigeria''s development should be paramount

We must come to a time when we can xray a government objectively and criticise

Buhari''s government doesn't have what it takes

This is democracy....someone else should mount the saddle

And then, lastly one of the thing that crashed GEJ government is this issue of killing competition in a political party and ascribing demi god status to a president

Honestly tell me...why are they no other presidential candidates in APC

Why is it all about Buhari. ...

Truth be told...is Buhari, an intellectual deficient and incapacitated man the best APC has got?

But as it stands....no one wants to challenge Buhari. ...is that true democracy.

Buhari lacks the capacity and acumen to lead us in the 21st century

He has divided the nation more than uniting it..he didn't cause the killings but how he has responded has led many to believe there is more to it..

No compassion and empathy....no emotions....very insensitive and non chalant to public opinion

Are those traits of great leaders

We should stop this senseless folly about only Buhari can lead Nigeria

Before I begin answer your long talk, who were you supporting in 2015 among all the presidential candidates?
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by patrickcollins: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Baawaa:

Thank you so much for your analyses, they show that no Nigerian politician is a saint, accepting back those they claimed wrecked Nigeria for 16yrs is speaking out of both sides of the mouth.
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Moukandjo: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
patrickcollins:
Thank you so much for your analyses, they show that no Nigerian politician is a saint, accepting back those they claimed wrecked Nigeria for 16yrs is speaking out of both sides of the mouth.
And getting angry that one corrupt person has left their PDP when they recently claimed they've changed is speaking from both sides of the mouth!
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wizseller: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
Moukandjo:

Before I begin answer your long talk, who were you supporting in 2015 among all the presidential candidates?

Buhari

He was one person I felt will make a real difference but now I know better

Give a man power and money before you know who he really is
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by Moukandjo: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
wizseller:

Buhari

He was one person I felt will make a real difference
We all know that's a lie, boy! You're a typical Jonathan sycophant from the East, but let's leave that for now!
So who you dey support now among all the candidates?
Re: Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War by wizseller: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
Moukandjo:

So who you dey support now among all the candidates?

If I had my way

I would have love to see Kingsley Moghalu or Omoleye Sowore become president

Then someone like Donald Duke

But since our present politics and the powers that be won't let these persons mount the saddle

I am waiting to see who the PDP and 39 parties coalition will bring forth

Then I know where to cast my vote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fun Photos Of Ifeanyi Ubah And Okorocha / Adamu Mohammed Confirmed As Inspector General Of Police (IGP) / Southern Governors Meet In Lagos Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.