Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union (569 Views)

President Bola Tinubu Signs National Students Loan Amendment Bill Into Law. / Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by 2016v2017: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Recently,I carried a worldwide research on Students Union. It's appalling that Nigeria is the only country without an existing/active National Students Union.
All over the world, Students Union are formed in order to Checkmate the Government and it's activities.Also to make sure that citizens are not humiliated, oppressed,maltreated and denied their legitimate rights.
It's a shame and unbearable that the reverse has become the case.Government are humiliating citizens,maiming, Killing them,oppressing them, looting their treasury with impunity, without challenges from any quarter.
Government have succeeded in hypnotizing the Students /youths, using them as political tugs, assassins, money launders and media propagandists.
Students doesn't care to organize a mass protest to register their anger and displeasure anytime the government goes wrong way or does unimaginable things.
Government lured the youths who are considered to be the future leaders with money, turning them into Ethnic, Tribal, Religious,Sect and Party bigots.
The Nigerian Students Union, once known, considered, addressed and regarded as Lions, for their braveness,boldness and fearlessness in the 80s and 90s,when they stake their lives, bringing the then military juntas to their knees.
How the mighty fallen!
They suddenly vanish into the tin air.
I vividly remember how SOWORE and brave men of his likes,were facing the barrels of guns because of their honest zeal to bring us democracy.
I Sincerely appreciate SOWORE's courage,he deserves accolade and a National honour.
Before you crucify me for saying that SOWORE deserves National honour, know it first that I am not a tribalist,I am not a Yoruba or Afonja as they are fondly addressed.I am a nationalist and a concerned Nigerian.
I repeat give honour to whom honour is due.
How beautiful and amazing will it be,if there should be an active National Students Union in Nigeria, that can stand up against tyranny,nepotism and dictatorship?
I vehemently believe that,with a strong and active National Students Union, Nigerian government will thread with caution.
I welcome insults, bashing and criticism with joy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by Slavesmustdie: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
You are not smart . Look at countries like South Africa, those lazy fools have the audacity to hold their country to ransom, stopping traffic and intimidating their leaders with violence if they are given free education .is that what you want Nigeria to turn to undecided. We respect the ways of our elders here and having unions led by fools would make us disrespect elders . Keep your silly fantasies to yourself we don't want that nonsense here. We are good people not savages .
Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by 2016v2017: 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Slavesmustdie:
You are not smart . Look at countries like South Africa, those lazy fools have the audacity to hold their country to ransom, stopping traffic and intimidating their leaders with violence if they are given free education .is that what you want Nigeria to turn to undecided. We respect the ways of our elders here and having unions led by fools would make us disrespect elders . Keep your silly fantasies to yourself we don't want that nonsense here. We are good people not savages .
so you mean that all Nigerians should be Zombies?
whatever the government does is good, right?
But,based on how you reacted,I suspect you are not a Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by Slavesmustdie: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
2016v2017:

so you mean that all Nigerians should be Zombies?
whatever the government does is good, right?
But,based on how you reacted,I suspect you are not a Nigerian.

Don't bring evil ideas to our country ,go to these useless nations with student unions. Foolish boy.
Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by 2016v2017: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2018
Slavesmustdie:

Don't bring evil ideas to our country ,go to these useless nations with student unions. Foolish boy.
LOL
Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by DrLikita12(f): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2018
Nigeria should focus on reforming education and making it more flexible. (Public) Post secondary schools should have uniform curricula that will meet society's needs. Post secondary schools should be independent enough to set their own cut off marks and (if the government will provide student loans) their own tuition. This quota system should come to an end. On campus residences can be managed like a business. It may cost more but it will provide a cleaner, more comfortable, healthier environment. Students can write JAMB, but they should be allowed to apply to as many schools as they want. When you make things flexible it's easier for people to succeed. If school A does not fit you, move to B. If for some reason I need to move from state A to state B I should be able to transfer not start all over again if I meet the requirements. Schools should work to retain students, not kick them out. If the Nigerian Law School gives your school a quota for 200 students, why admit 300? Admit a little above 200 and work to help them graduate.
When you have functioning public institutions most things will fall into place.
Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2018
Ok...
Re: Nigeria The Only Country Without An Existing National Students Union by 2016v2017: 10:21am On May 20, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Ok...
See how useless and frustated the students are now.
Politicians always use them to manuover and get to positions to loot their future and they will be left without job and hope.
Out of joblessness, they've resorted to kidnapping,cultism and Yahoo Yahoo.
Nowadays,out of every 10 youths you see 3 or 4 are Yahoo Yahoo boys.
Why can't students unite to tackle the government and useless Politicians?

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki To Hold World Press Conference Conference Tomorrow August 8th / Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside / PMB / PYO Initiative Hits Osun State. PMB For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.