Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,250 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? (9607 Views)

Poll: Was Kaka's red card deserved?

Yes: 58% (61 votes)
No: 41% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Kaka Biography And Lifestyle. / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Ronaldinho Vs Kaka Vs Thierry Henry, Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by marutimon: 1:05am On Jun 21, 2010
In what way was Keita's dive different than the dive by the Greek guy that had Sani Kaita expelled? Yet everyone talks about Keita, but the Greek guy gets off free.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by mokshaq7: 1:06am On Jun 21, 2010
Lets is look at it critically,
1,even if we assume  KEITA IS BEEN HITTED OR ELBOWED by Kaka in the chest,why is  the guy holding his face.
2,Two he Keita ran into Kaka and the manner and attitude of the scene created has an element of dishonesty in it,i want anybody that is interested to check out what the impact of the suppose elbow from kAKA  COULD HAVE DONE TO kEITA.
Finaly a good one from Keita and the referee from my own judgement is not worthy to have manage that game.Because we can see he made mistake which he himself acknowledge .
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by BizBooks(m): 1:06am On Jun 21, 2010
Kaka's red card was deserved. Even if he had not received a yellow card earlier, his foul on Keita would still have called for a straigh red card in my opinion.

The solution to all these acting and bad officiating may lie in video review. After much resistance the NFL, NBA and MLB in the US have adopted video review in one form or the other.

The NFL has the most advanced system. There, each team is given 3 opportunities to request a video review if they do not agree with the referee's decision. Sometimes these reviews show that the referee was wrong and the call is reversed (ironically by the referee himself).

If video review was in use today, Fabiano's second goal for Brazil would have been disallowed and Kader Keita may have received a yellow card for acting. He was hit in the chest by Kaka but acted as if he was hit on the head. Players do this often because they know that FIFA takes head injuries very seriously.

It is doubtful that FIFA will adopt video review as long as Sepp Blatter is in charge. But I believe things might change after his generation is out of power.

NB: Did anybody see the referee telling Fabiano after he scored the second goal that it was a hand ball. He was saying it and smiling. This is baffling and deserves an investigation.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by miraexcel(f): 1:08am On Jun 21, 2010
He deserved it . He intentionally hit the guy with his elbow and remember he was given a yellow card earlier on
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by miraexcel(f): 1:14am On Jun 21, 2010
NB: Did anybody see the referee telling Fabiano after he scored the second goal that it was a hand ball. He was saying it and smiling. This is baffling and deserves an investigation.

I think i was the one that saw it. I got really mad at that point. There's a racist in every white,somebody must protest this injustice
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by cvibe: 1:14am On Jun 21, 2010
Keita and Kaita. Two of a kind!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by bawomolo(m): 1:14am On Jun 21, 2010
marutimon:

Kaka knew what he was doing. Yes, Keita playacted, but Kaka should not have elbowed Keita. Good red card.

how do you stop someone from lunging into you?   should kaka have given keita a big fat hug?
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by bawomolo(m): 1:17am On Jun 21, 2010
onyiilady:

I think i was the one that saw it. I got really mad at that point. There's a racist in every white,somebody must protest this injustice

this is all the whole outrage boils down too. the persecution complex among some of you nairalanders.   

how do you know every white person is racist?   its too late for a ref to change a call after the whistle has being blown and a goal has being awarded.  hence the need for instant replay in football
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by sulad82i(m): 1:17am On Jun 21, 2010
Its unfortunate Kaka had to get a yellow for the offense but it wasnt his fault.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Princek12(m): 1:22am On Jun 21, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^ You are such a Brazil groupie. So Kaka does not deserve a second yellow for throwing an elbow? Why don't you go and lick his behind?
When Sani Kaita got red-carded because the Greek player at whom he threw his knee embellished the encounter and fell, it was OK; but when Kaka gets red-carded because he threw his elbow at the Ivorien whom also embellished the encounter by holding his face and falling down, Kaka does not deserve it, and it wasn't his fault.

Why are some people Brazil groupies for God's sake. Why do you apply a double standard when analyzing your own? Both Kaita and Kaka deserved a red card. Even if the contact was exaggerated, the fact that Kaka threw an elbow and Kaita threw a knee makes them deserving of a red card. Even Kaka technically got a yellow; Kaita was red-carded from the outset. Oh how I am so not going to name my child with any name beginning with a "K."
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 21, 2010
bawomolo:

how do you stop someone from lunging into you?   should kaka have given keita a big fat hug?

He had it coming. Check time 0:56 - 1:30. If he hadnt gotten the red card with Keita, he'd have gotten it eventually. See how these Brazilians were cheating. I think the ref just got fed up with him.

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9m2iHC9Wq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by BizBooks(m): 1:25am On Jun 21, 2010
It seems everybody is giving Kaka the benefit of the doubt because he is a likeable star. The commentator on ESPN (not Efan Ekoku) at one point even said he has "angelic features". If this had been Lucio, Juan or some other Brazillian player, I doubt these many people will be coming to their defence.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by DisGuy: 1:29am On Jun 21, 2010
CAN SOMEONE PULL OUT A gif OF RIVALDO HOLDING HIS FACE WHEN A BALL WAS 'KICKED' TO HIM HITTING HIS LEG

brazil players are dirty players tehy just get away with a lot of stuff cos the are very good but they play dirty

kaka's second as harsh but deserved that's the game nowadays especially with people lie ronaldo, didier drogba of some years back  tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKo_50sWW4
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Macallon: 1:38am On Jun 21, 2010
C'mon, this is football, i must say keita was innovative and kaka gucked buh still, the drama is needed in football, i must also say that the ivorians are sore losers,
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Adegokenath(m): 2:10am On Jun 21, 2010
Red card or no red card the will win the cup
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by 5p1naz(m): 2:30am On Jun 21, 2010
Adegokenath:

Red card or no red card the will win the cup

hey n1gga wtf is wrong wif u?

w
y dis kaka bullish? b4 d kaka.incident brazillian players were all diving creating stupid scenes, so u kaka fans shuld get ur sh1ts together n get ova da sh1t, keita got sm'in similar, its footy baby
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by dejyx: 2:35am On Jun 21, 2010
In my personal opinion,  I dont think its a card offence. The ref should av asked himself where  was keita running to in the first place.  I would never allow anyone just bump into me just like that.  Kaka guarded and protected himself simple.  As for those saying its a card offence I dont think any of you would stand looking ALOF while someone is running towards you to bump on you.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 21, 2010
by the way, the ref was French, i guess it definitely wont be any good for France in this WC. they're all sh*it!

Dis Guy:

CAN SOMEONE PULL OUT A gif OF RIVALDO HOLDING HIS FACE WHEN A BALL WAS 'KICKED' TO HIM HITTING HIS LEG

brazil players are dirty players tehy just get away with a lot of stuff cos the are very good but they play dirty

kaka's second as harsh but deserved that's the game nowadays especially with people lie ronaldo, didier drogba of some years back  tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKo_50sWW4

here is Rivaldo's one!

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKo_50sWW4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 21, 2010
^^^What was that? Why was he covering his face? All these dirty cheaters!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by jumobi1(m): 3:07am On Jun 21, 2010
the guy was running into Kaka. Its natural to guard yourself when someone is running into you.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Datboyfly(m): 3:22am On Jun 21, 2010
He definitely deserved the card but it doesn't change the fact that Keita's a cheat

First off, Kaka got a YELLOW card for his elbow, not a red.

Secondly, FIFA's rules punish intent and not damage done. So once you show any sign of violent conduct, you get a card.(this is why Sani Kaita got a red card although he didn't make contact with the Greek player in our game and also why David Beckham was sent off at France '98 for 'kicking out' against Diego Simeone)

Thirdly, the Brazilians had it coming all game. I think Dunga as the coach was nuisance all day. He was stoking up emotions all day with his theatrics, indirectly putting pressure on the officials and the players. The result was that fiasco that ensued.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by WackyJ1(m): 3:24am On Jun 21, 2010
Keita was running forward while looking back. He was going to bump into kaka before he knew where he was going, kaka was not even looking in the direction of Keita, he just saw him from the corner of his eye(he was still very much distracted) and put out his hand to stop him to avoid collision if not both off them would have fallen.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by chelseabmw(m): 3:29am On Jun 21, 2010
yes he did deserve the card
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by EzeUche(m): 3:45am On Jun 21, 2010
Some of these footballers should be actors good stage performances!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by buzugee(m): 3:57am On Jun 21, 2010
99 percent of you guys are blind. the guy had a genuine reason to hold his face. let me break it down
1, ivorian player is totally oblivious to the presence of kaka so he is running towards him with his body all loose
2, he makes an impact with kakas body and while his body is stopped by the impact, his head is still moving at the velocity at which he was coming initially so that his head makes like a slingshot and crashes into kakas head. now after this explanation go back and review the video and watch how his body is stopped by the impact while his head launches into kakas face. it was this impact that he held his head about. he totally was not faking it. and kaka was wrong for sticking his elbow out
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 21, 2010
Kaka did deserve the yellow card for intent which is what is punished in football. Sani Keita did not make contact with the Greek player in the Nigeria/Greece game but still got a straight red for kicking out with intent and that was harsh. I must however add that I do not like Brazil at all for political reasons just like South Africa during the apartheid era. I have Afro Brazilian friends from Bahia who are mostly of African and even Yoruba origin and the stories they tell of the social apartheid in that country is akin to what obtained in South Africa during the apartheid era. Being the afro centric social animal that I am I have never supported Brazil in football or any other sports for that matter. I am sure that if most black people were aware of the way black people are treated in that country they would think twice before becoming Brazil groupies.
Take a look at this newsreel and see if you still feel the same way about Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNUOsrIiAs&feature=player_embedded
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by mystikal(m): 4:12am On Jun 21, 2010
where was the intention?
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Gayigaskia(m): 4:13am On Jun 21, 2010
Kaka didn't have no reason to swing his elbow back unless he ad the intention of elbowing Keita. This should have been a straight red.

Keita was just working for his brother Kaita grin grin grin
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by soarrogant(m): 4:37am On Jun 21, 2010
If kaka was innocent,why did he run away ? when someone is about to bump into you,you quickly step aside you do not punch them! kaka deserved the red and a slap for grinning like a little boy, yes,referees should be given permission to slap grin
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by soarrogant(m): 4:40am On Jun 21, 2010
If someone is about to bump into you,you quickly step aside, you do not punch them out of reflex! kaka deserved the red card and a slap for grinning about like a little boy, yes,referees should be given permission to slapping grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 21, 2010
soarrogant:

If someone is about to bump into you,you quickly step aside, you do not punch them out of reflex! kaka deserved the red card and a slap[b] for grinning about like a little boy,[/b] yes,referees should be given permission to slapping grin[color=#000099][/color]
Yea, I saw that part.
Dude is so arrogant lol. cheesy

Ok, Imma admit, he's so fine. . . .has that troublesome atmosphere around him kiss
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by rasputinn(m): 4:51am On Jun 21, 2010
Whether spelt Keita or Kaita or Kayta,now I know they all mean one thing in soccer;BAD NEWS

Shame on the cheating Ivorian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC) / Switzerland Vs Costa Rica: World Cup (2 - 2) oN 27th June 2018 / Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.