Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,659 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? (9612 Views)

Poll: Was Kaka's red card deserved?

Yes: 58% (61 votes)
No: 41% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Kaka Biography And Lifestyle. / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Ronaldinho Vs Kaka Vs Thierry Henry, Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
If Kaka was indeed unaware of the approaching Keita, he would have been pushed to the ground by the much heavier Ivorian, as he would have been off-balance. Take another look at that video critically and you will see that Kaka clearly saw Keita approaching and braced himself for the impact.

And what wrong in bracing yourself for impact? I think every human/animal does this, If something is coming towards your eye, why do you blink?

Well CIV has won the "We got Kaka sent off trophy" and they should celebrate that in Abidjan.

How you expect Brazil to beat Portugal without Kaka is yet to be seen. Let CIv beat Korea 200-0 while Portugal and Brazil play out a draw
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by mamagee3(f): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kaka deserved the red Card. . .

It definitely doesn't matter if he was elbowed in the chest or in the face or even the mouth.

The World Cup isn't a wrestling tournament, And to think Brazil was winning in the first place. undecided

Btw, Brazil cheated a lot in that match, lots of handball and yet the referee didn't see it. angry angry

That's what they deserve, I hope Portugal kicks their azz to the curb now that their good striker would be missing that match.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by davidif: 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2010
lizzybabe1:

You just want to attack women sha. Most of the women here actually hold the same view as what you put up there i.e. Kaka didn't deserve the red. But you are too misogynistic to notice that.

lizzybabe,
The woman who just posted above me and Travellista are the people i was refering to.

Reptyle:

Keita learnt from the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw

grin grin grin

Seriously though, Kaka's case is not different from Sani Kaita's case. Sani lashed out at the Greek player and got sent off. Even though there was clearly no contact, he was penalized for intent to harm. Similarly, Kaka raised an elbow to Keita and though the effect was exaggerated by the Ivorian, Kaka got a yellow (became a red since it was his second of the game) for an unsportsmanlike attitude.

You need to check out Luis Figo's own
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmy7fcv9U8&NR=1
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by dlox01(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2010
its an obvious second yellow, kaka deserved it big time!!! take a look at him,you are telling me kaka didn't know then y did he raise the elbow??take a good look at the clip again(it wasnt even the side of his hand, it was his elbow), he deserves it!!! kaita ran into him but the elbow was raised and that is all that counts, a red card!!!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by ray4life(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2010
awful acting by keita, but serves Brazil right. Brazilians are known for play acting and feigning injuries remember Rivaldo holding his face when the ball actually hit his leg in the match against Turkey in the 2002 world cup and don't forget the worst acting ever by any player dead or alive (Goalkeeper Dida holding his face and rolling on the ground in agony when a spectator ran into the pitch and touched him in the cheeks.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKo_50sWW4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZviLX37sMY
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by gifts1234: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2010
Gifts to goa, Flowers to goa, Cakes to goa,Same Day delivery all over goa
http://www.goaonlinegifts.com
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by dlox01(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2010
its an obvious second yellow, kaka deserved it big time!!! take a look at him,you are telling me kaka didn't know then y did he raise the elbow??take a good look at the clip again(it wasnt even the side of his hand, it was his elbow), he deserves it!!! kaita ran into him but the elbow was raised and that is all that counts, a red card!!!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Olaolufred(m): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2010
Kaka deserved not just a yellow, but also a straight red.

If Kaita got a straight red, why not Kaka?

Or are we in animal Farm?

I sympathise with them because they were both beaten down by their temperaments.

However, that is not the end of life.

But they both really deserved what they Got. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by misterh(m): 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
He does not deserve the card. He was trying to guard the ball. Watch the clip again. Moreover the Ivorian sport spokesperson has pleaded with FIFA to temper justice with mercy on Keita's action.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by lampuiho: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2011
@marutimon

are you dumb?

He didn't elbow him intentionally. That was to cushion the impact. Without that, the one falling would be Kaka. And obviously Keita ran into him on purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match / Mikel Set To Quit Chelsea / UK Football Pools Special Key Release For Wk 7, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.