Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees (14878 Views)

Unease As 1004 Estate Resident Decry Decline In Standard / Should I Sign This Tenancy Agreement? / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by lordm(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2018
otokx:
When will this reach Port Harcourt?
baba I tire, my house rent is almost 200k, my eye dy red now, cos my rent dy expire next month
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 07, 2018
Decline? Lies.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by osuofia2(m): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:
you all have one thing in common with FFK, lack of decency in making your opinion known. You can raise your points without insults. Counter the points that I raise or shut up
Zombie , their trade mark, when has suffering been used for yardstick as economic betterment
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Kulikulitapa: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:
dude you don't question my sanity on a faceless forum. Didn't your mom teach you on how to respect people?

Anyway this is how it works, abuja are filled with political jobbers whose only business is eating from the political table. So in the event they can't eat from the said table, they leave and the landlords are forced to reduce the rent to reflect the situation. It's only in Abuja that you will see a house only occupied by the gate man and once in a blue moon, the Oga comes with his girlfriend to spend time there.

Morealso because the money ain't flowing like before, the artificial wellness created by corruption and free money is removed and the stark reality is burning everyone.

You just said it the way it is. i av bn in abuja for almost two decades . Everyone is living in a reality now.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Moreoffaith(m): 8:54am On Aug 07, 2018
southpole:
It is my personal opinion that the article failed to state one very important contributory factor leading to the cut in rent. And this factor is the high degree at which new estates are coming up in Abuja. There is no place you will go in Abuja that you will not see several residential estates coming up. So many of them are scattered all over. Yesterday I visited river park estate in lugbe along airport, this estate after completion will have not less than 500 to 1000 duplexes of all cateigories , on completion this estate a lone will affect the cost of renting houses in Abuja. I can count more than 10 new other estates coming up along the same airport with each having not less than 100 to 150 duplexes of different categories on the average and this is only airport road. If you put together the number of new estate coming in Abuja everyday it will not be out of place to say that in the near future the cost of buying
a house or renting one will crash again.

You also did not state how this will affect the price at which an apartment is giving out in Abuja, is the price of those duplex in this so called estate equal to the price of a two bedroom flat in Lugbe??
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Papertrail11(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2018
southpole:
It is my personal opinion that the article failed to state one very important contributory factor leading to the cut in rent. And this factor is the high degree at which new estates are coming up in Abuja. There is no place you will go in Abuja that you will not see several residential estates coming up. So many of them are scattered all over. Yesterday I visited river park estate in lugbe along airport, this estate after completion will have not less than 500 to 1000 duplexes of all cateigories , on completion this estate a lone will affect the cost of renting houses in Abuja. I can count more than 10 new other estates coming up along the same airport with each having not less than 100 to 150 duplexes of different categories on the average and this is only airport road. If you put together the number of new estate coming in Abuja everyday it will not be out of place to say that in the near future the cost of buying
a house or renting one will crash again.

if a place can have this much estate no industy i truly find this worrying

1 Like

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by DreamersVille24(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2018
honey001:
True Ooooh... me that does not default in paying house rent before.... Now find it difficult to pay... paid only half and now another one is due now... I hope my landlord will not throw me out ooooooh.... Anyway God dey!

You're a corrupt political jobber my friend...

According to one michlins and his cohort ironheart

Nigerian youths are mostly unenlightened and illogical. A lot o graduates without common sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by escodotman: 9:04am On Aug 07, 2018
pacespot:

Those Abuja's houses and other real estate areas in Nigeria are overvalued. Tell me how can a normal human being pay N1.2bn for a plot of land in Eko Atlantic. It is now the economic reality of this Buhari administration that is taking a bite, the novel riche are not able to service their extravagant lifestyles anymore, Nigeria ordinarily is a low income country, it is because of few corrupt elites that spent the money about on elephant projects in the past administrations that caused the inflation to rise. We have been leaving from hand-to-mouth before now, except this administration. PHCN has not taken lights in my area for 2 weeks, unprecedented in Nigeria. That's why the disgruntled politicians are forming new caucus in PDP.
You should have at least taken time to read the OP's post before commenting. The post said people couldn't afford 200k house rent again and you are talking about 1.2b naira, is that what the post said? What's the correlation between 1.2billion naira and just 200k naira if you are being sincere with your argument? Prices of commodity have double or trippled in some cases in the market and you are talking about Buhari's economic reality that even Bill Gates himself indicted as anti-people when he visited Nigeria? Please we need to put sentiment aside sometimes for the good of the country. Is it also the reality of the Buhari administration that is responsible for Nigeria now the country with the highest number of poor people, with debt now double the figure that Buhari met on ground? Be sincere for once!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by amiskurie(m): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:
dude you don't question my sanity on a faceless forum. Didn't your mom teach you on how to respect people?

Anyway this is how it works, abuja are filled with political jobbers whose only business is eating from the political table. So in the event they can't eat from the said table, they leave and the landlords are forced to reduce the rent to reflect the situation. It's only in Abuja that you will see a house only occupied by the gate man and once in a blue moon, the Oga comes with his girlfriend to spend time there.

Morealso because the money ain't flowing like before, the artificial wellness created by corruption and free money is removed and the stark reality is burning everyone.

Don't stress yourself replying those empty skulls.one thing i had learnt over the years is that they no matter how you try to let see beyond there nose,the dumber the gets.
I and many other people here on nairaland had stopped replying them.this is why they think they can spew thrash freely.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by escodotman: 9:11am On Aug 07, 2018
Mccullum:

It's truth that flowing of illegal money has been blocked, if low income earners are not corrupt still they benefit from the currupters either by buying of goods and services for example - Lagos Atlantic City sites had experienced lowest level of continuity of works due to many that has projects there stop due to the fear of government as they knew that they're spending illicit money and this will affect artisans and traders, that's how money flows around. Thanks
So you mean all low income earners in Nigeria are corrupt or benefiting from corruption? The fact that Nigeria now has the highest number of poor people in the world after overtaking India, means the poor people were corrupt, not benefiting from corruption again and not because of failure of government and its flaw economic policies? Go and read Bill Gates verdicts on the Buhari's government economic policies.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 07, 2018
Mgbadike80:
this have been my conclusion since last year, Nigerians should think on how to acquire skills and move abroad for further studies and eventual settlement there. this country is ripe for another wave of emigration.

For the past 15 years, Nigeria has been permanently ripe for emigration.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 07, 2018
Rolly83:

Hahaha... You really sound pained!!! Well I'm sorry... No more free money lol

U simply didn't have anything to say that's why u brought up "pained".

"" No more free money ""

There has never been free money for the middle class, average n poor Nigerians since 1999 till now. Did u just see how silly ur statement is?

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2018
NokiaN8:
*THE MAN ~BUHARI*

He was: -
* A Head boy,
* He was a platoon commander,
* He was C.O,
* He was Brigade Commander,
* He was GOC,
* USA war college Alumnus,
* He was North East Governor,
* He was Federal Commissioner,
* He was Federal Minister,
* Head of State-Commander in Chief!
* Chairman PTF, * Founded political parties,
* A highly respected World Leader,
* Currently the democratically elected President, Federal Republic of
Nigeria, GCFR!!!

*PMB HAS*
* No Oil bloc,
* No Oil Well,
* No Mansion,
* No Estates,
* No Private Jet,
* No Political Thugs,
* No Ethnicity,
* No Bigotry,
* No Plenty Luxury cars,
* No Private Company,
* No Private University,
* No Private Library,
* No Foreign Accounts,
* No Foreign Residence.
Only President Muhammadu Buhari has this unbreakable track record
among the ruling class.

Is there any other Nigerian politician with this record?

Do you clearly see why i always stand with this man.

a popular quote
*"NEVER FIGHT A MAN THAT HAS NOTHING TO LOSS"*

vote wisely...
*vote Muhammad BUHARI* for the completion of his selfless service

I'm not a politician nor in support of any political party..but I'm in support of selfless Nigerian?

Pls share, if you are a good ambassador

Show me one project that buhari has started n completed since the last 4 years?
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:
not again. This is same mistake that brought in this monumental failure. We said anything but Jonathan and see what we got. We definitely making a good choice come 2019. Hope you have a voters card. The people who decides the winner are people with voters card

There's no messiah to vote, We already know that APC or PDP will win in 2019.

I insist that anything is better than buhari. We have never had it this bad since 1970. Herdsmen have been killing people for over 3 years now n occupying their ancestral land and Buhari has been feigning ignorance since den. I don't even want to talk about the economy.

"" We said anything but Jonathan ""

Igbos never said anything but Jonathan, That idea was born in Yoruba land out of greed n jealousy. We aren't stupid like the rest, we know what counts.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by gr8child(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
you aren't a smart person but in your illusion you think so,act so,but in the end it all amounts to self ridicule...Before you bark in anguish like a rabid shiwawa..Think about all you wrote compare and contrast it..Redemption is free bro grab it afterwards.!

This doesn't even make any sense.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by michlins(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There's no messiah to vote, We already know that APC or PDP will win in 2019.

I insist that anything is better than buhari. We have never had it this bad since 1970. Herdsmen have been killing people for over 3 years now n occupying their ancestral land and Buhari has been feigning ignorance since den. I don't even want to talk about the economy.

"" We said anything but Jonathan ""

Igbos never said anything but Jonathan, That idea was born in Yoruba land out of greed n jealousy. We aren't stupid like the rest, we know what counts.
it's getting tribal dude. Am igbo but voted against Jonathan. He's a monumental failure like Buhari
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Chrisjordan2015(m): 9:26am On Aug 07, 2018
Boschh:

We are talking about the Low Income earners here bro. Standard of living has dropped so low that one cannot feed himself properly before talking about rent. As per corrupt officials, Do not be deceived, They are still looting funds. Forget the TV and News Theatrics..

This is true. They are looting more funds, the only way they do it now is to avoid putting the money in banks so that it cannot be easily traced (did a few research for a legal case so I know).
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by escodotman: 9:31am On Aug 07, 2018
amiskurie:

Don't stress yourself replying those empty skulls.one thing i had learnt over the years is that they no matter how you try to let see beyond there nose,the dumber the gets.
I and many other people here on nairaland had stopped replying them.this is why they think they can spew thrash freely.
Your dad and mum who refused to give you proper training are responsible for you calling hardworking people corrupt!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Originalsly: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2018
escodotman:

I don't think you are Ok at all. People are suffering due to economic hardship and failure of governmenrt, are those low income earners also corrupt? So in your own twisted mind, a country is not corrupt and all is well when the citizens are suffering and can't afford to provide basic needs for their familes?

This comment and the one by Michlins are basically saying the same thing. What exactly is crazy about the comments no one can say...that makes me question the sanity of the people just condemning the statements but cannot say why.
The biggest problem facing the country and preventing it from progressing is not the government nor President....it is the mentality of the people.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by gr8child(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2018
ironheart:
its economic hardship because 70% of abuja resident are jobless driving big cars and living in big houses to make believe. Since government officials no longer see free money its very tight in Abuja. Lagos is a lot better cos everyone is doing one job or the other. You need yo visit Abuja

This is true. The economy in Abuja is for the most part tied business from government, government contracts and patronage. That has been the mainstay for many years. So when leakages in government are blocked the trickle down effect affects everyone there, even those who were not directly involved in any corrupt activity. If a civil servant who used to skim off contracts can no longer afford to pay a legitimate businessman who provides him services because better procurement controls have been put in place, then how does the businessman make money to continue to easily pay his rent? What is happening now is that the bubble that was fueled by corruption has burst and everything has to readjust.

Another reason for the property price crash is that corrupt officials tend to launder their money through real estate which over time has created a glut in the real estate market in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by bukatyne(f): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:

While the case study is Abuja, I am sure that Lagos would also portray similar numbers if well investigated.

The economy is affecting both political jobbers and honest earners alike.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2018
gr8child:

This doesn't even make any sense.
to a non discerning mind and a niccompu..Yes it will never make sense because they possess an impervious cranium which has resulted to a mental disease called cognitive dissonance..
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by krisdzhon: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2018
Mklancee:
something tells me Nigeria is ruin forever.
it will never return to it original position even if buhari is to leave office.
we don't have the kind of leaders that can take us back

Well said. In addition, Nigeria lacks leaders with mind-driven brains! Sadly, the masses don't appreciate the TRUTH. Hence, they crave for witless politicians who will lead them, feed them and bleed them!

There are few capable leaders in Nigeria. Unfortunately, religio-political sentiments will not allow these men, who have evolved physiologically, psychologically and philosophically, to lead Nigeria towards the fulfilment of her magnificent purpose!

That's the sole reason for Nigeria's socio-economic catastrophy, now rippling across all economic sectors!

Unarguably, NIGERIA HAS SHORT SUPPLY OF GENUINE LEADERS WITH THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING OF HOW THE GLOBAL ECONOMIC SYSTEMS WORK!
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by upower123(m): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:
There are no longer free money flowing about. Believe it or not, corruption has been controlled by this administration and is only available for the elicits who are favored by the administration. And that's why many are being pained because they aren't benefited
zone b thinking...people are suffering, them can't meet their financial obligations. you are talking of corruption... so sorry
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Sagay212: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2018
escodotman:
I don't think you are Ok at all. People are suffering due to economic hardship and failure of governmenrt, are those low income earners also corrupt? So in your own twisted mind, a country is not corrupt and all is well when the citizens are suffering and can't afford to provide basic needs for their familes?

Abuja is a useless place filled with useless big houses built by political armed rubbers. So many big empty houses in abuja for rent but nobody to rent them. they steal government money to build huge houses and put high rent cost that even high income earners who work legally cannot afford. We know the country is hard and people are suffering, but the people suffering would not have been able to rent the houses even Jonathan's govt. The only people that would have been able to afford the rent would have been the small girls with big gods.

Nigerian politicians are too daft. instead of using stolen money to start a meaningful business to employ youths, they'll be building houses everywhere like birds. houses that people can't afford the rent.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by gr8child(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
to a non discerning mind and a niccompu..Yes it will never make sense because they possess an impervious cranium which has resulted to a mental disease called cognitive dissonance..

grin Only cowards insult people from behind a fence. Sorry bro, don't come at me. It is not my fault that you are they way you are.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by signeddocuments: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2018
We need not to policise every discussion on this forum. I think the major cause of this fall is recession which led to fall in demand for virtually all commodities coupled with the fact that the introduction of TSA has made many civil servants who have been living largely on corruption and paying heavy rent on most of these houses in Abuja to have a rethink and start developing theirs in the satellite areas of fct. Come to Karu,Jikwoyi, Mararaba,orozo, Karshi and see for yourself. you will see many rich civil servants who were paying about N2M for a 2 bedroom flat in places like wuse2, garki, maitama,etc, are now building their own houses in these sattelite town where land with valid title can be bought at less than N1M. Many artisans and traders who were tenants are now building their houses on land belonging to nasarawa state in jiwoyi, orozo, mararaba loco, karshi,etc.If u see the powerful and exotic cars coming out from the sattelite town in the morning and the traffic problem at Nyanya on any working day, u will believe this my point.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Indomie001: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2018
michlins:

The truth is always bitter
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by escodotman: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2018
Originalsly:

This comment and the one by Michlins are basically saying the same thing. What exactly is crazy about the comments no one can say...that makes me question the sanity of the people just condemning the statements but cannot say why.
The biggest problem facing the country and preventing it from progressing is not the government nor President....it is the mentality of the people.
What exactly is your point? What's your own position?
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by escodotman: 11:33am On Aug 07, 2018
Sagay212:

Abuja is a useless place filled with useless big houses built by political armed rubbers. So many big empty houses in abuja for rent but nobody to rent them. they steal government money to build huge houses and put high rent cost that even high income earners who work legally cannot afford. We know the country is hard and people are suffering, but the people suffering would not have been able to rent the houses even Jonathan's govt. The only people that would have been able to afford the rent would have been the small girls with big gods.

Nigerian politicians are too daft. instead of using stolen money to start a meaningful business to employ youths, they'll be building houses everywhere like birds. houses that people can't afford the rent.
Well, you have a point.
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
gr8child:

grin Only cowards insult people from behind a fence. Sorry bro, don't come at me. It is not my fault that you are they way you are.
and only bigger cowards let cowards taunt them while they wail&lament..
Re: Abuja Records 30% Decline On Tenancy Fees by signeddocuments: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
No more free money again, we need to cut our cloth according to our size.My friend relocated from citec estate to a house he built at orozo within 1 year. he said that he regretted wasting N1.8 per year for 5years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders! How Much Was Your Last NEPA Bill? / About 250 Acres Farmland For Rice And Sugarcane Farmers Up For Lease / Nil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.