Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. (20827 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data / If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing / How Can I Install Google Playstore Coolpad Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by IMASTEX: 7:05am On Aug 07, 2018
Nice info
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by abumeinben(m): 7:05am On Aug 07, 2018
letsfarmnigeria:
very true many people have lost very good phones due to virus infection

DO you really know that Agriculture is very fun to learn ?
log on to letsfarmnigeria..com to learn agriculture in a fun way, watch live videos from the farm and pics ask questions and get answers

Those app wey you put pishors up there dey playstore?
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Abayor7: 7:06am On Aug 07, 2018
kiddoiLL:
So as football Manager sweet reach, I go come need to pay Google play store to download am....abegiii
Oh wow.. Which Football manager do you have with you there? And how do I get one?
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by beejayvince(m): 7:13am On Aug 07, 2018
lascopes:
Are there no fake apps in the app store? Abeg leave that thing jawe

Ahswr.
I remember how more than 1 million people downloaded fake WhatsApp from Play Store sometime ago.
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by ceaser: 7:14am On Aug 07, 2018
Well, who can beat google in the art of spying and data mining? So those apps are learners when it comes to data mining through asking for access to contacts etc. For this reason amongst many, I stay away from android devices sticking mainly to windows phone OS. Coupla days ago, I helped someone to install an P2P camera app to her android phone from the store. I was shocked when I read thru the users comments about this app mining their information and sending it to probably the Chinese government.

OP should read the comments on "Yoosee" camera app in the play store. It's an app to use a P2P IP remote security camera on your mobile device.

Android sucks! That's it.
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Ilajeboy(m): 7:18am On Aug 07, 2018
abumeinben:
OP,

I hope you know the monopolistic charges Alphabet (Google) was smashed last month by EU. I foresee same happening to play store policies. I don't see why lucky patcher shouldn't be on play store grin when Android/Google itself allowed rooting.

Look at wonderful productivity app like Mobile Uncle, not on play store, god of war ( ghost of Sparta and chains of Olympus) too.....too many.

Pls how do I get this god of war
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by IMASTEX: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2018
[quote author=TechCapon post=70051608][/quote]
Nice tips. Please I need some guide on:
* How to retrieve backup photos from google photos to ones phone gallery?
* How to backup photos to google drive?
* How to have all your contacts stored in SIM, phone & google account displace when you search your contact?
I am using INFINIX
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Wantedmiller: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2018
ITbomb:
Free apps from playstore are laden with ads.
And they are very annoying these days

I will rather get free from a trusted third-party

The rate at which ads appear in phones now.......

the thing is becoming too much...... sometimes I want to delete every damn app just to get rid of it
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by TechCapon(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2018
IMASTEX:

Nice tips. Please I need some guide on:
* How to retrieve backup photos from google photos to ones phone gallery?
* How to backup photos to google drive?
* How to have all your contacts stored in SIM, phone & google account displace when you search your contact?
I am using INFINIX
I already have those information on my website. Just that I haven't brought it to nairaland yet.
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by AfraTales(m): 7:26am On Aug 07, 2018
I'll ever be loyal to androids ... cheesy

Meanwhile

The Alex Ekwueme foundation is giving scholarships now, please apply
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by AfraTales(m): 7:26am On Aug 07, 2018
Android all the way... grin

Meanwhile
There is a massive job vacancy in Wema bank now
Please apply here
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by IMASTEX: 7:29am On Aug 07, 2018
TechCapon:
I already have those information on my website. Just that I haven't brought it to nairaland yet.
Okay, I will go through your website for the info. Thanks
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by TechCapon(m): 7:47am On Aug 07, 2018
IMASTEX:

Okay, I will go through your website for the info. Thanks
you're welcome
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by abumeinben(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2018
Ilajeboy:

Pls how do I get this god of war

Choi...

First you need PPSSPP emulator from Google play store and install.

2. Google god of war PPSSPP iso. (Like 1.2GB) Ghost of Sparta of chains of Olympus.

3. Move the downloaded .iso file to game directory of PSP through you file explorer.... File manager >> PSP >> Game.

Then launch ppspp emulator. You'll see god of war there.

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by kiddoiLL(m): 8:01am On Aug 07, 2018
Abayor7:

Oh wow.. Which Football manager do you have with you there? And how do I get one?
FMM 2018... Download Zip file, apk and Data Obb
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by HajimeSaito(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2018
Good advice @TechCapon. I tried it once and my phone got bricked. And I had saved up to get that phone cry
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by distilledwalex(m): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2018
Most of the best app this world are not on playstore..all you need do is to install antimalware and you're good to go..
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by TechCapon(m): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Good advice @TechCapon. I tried it once and my phone got bricked. And I had saved up to get that phone cry
sorry bro. Many people have made the same mistake
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

I have received multiple questions on how to install apps from third party developers (UNTRUSTED SOURCES) outside the Google playstore but I want to warn that installing apps outside the playstore or Apple app store is a PRETTY BAD IDEA. I know that sometimes, big game developers such as EPIC GAMES refuse to sell their games via the playstore because they don’t want to pay the 30% commission that Google demands for selling games via the playstore. They want you to download directly from their websites for example the newly released FORTNITE games. They call it “sideloading”. A lot of people download games and apps outside the Google Playstore without considering the risks involved. Android is open source so they only warn you but won’t stop you from installing the games and this is why people think iPhone is more secure that Android. Apple forbids it’s users from installing free apps outside the app store and they make it extremely difficult to do so. They have good reasons and that’s why I want to show you the dangers of installing outside the playstore.

1. Google security scan:

Every app on the Google Playstore goes through security scan and any malicious app is immediately deleted and removed from the playstore. This makes the playstore the most secure source to get your apps and games for Android devices. Any app not on the playstore does not undergo this security scan and you have no way of knowing if it’s a good one or not.

2. Malware and virus:

Most of those links you see online takes you directly to malicious sites where you can easily install spyware, malware or virus that can not only damage your device but expose your sensitive data such as contacts, bank details etc to hackers. You may even download a copy of the game that actually works on your device but does damage in the background. Malwares and spywares could use your phone cameras to spy on you or even worse. This is one of the reasons we warn you not to install or sideload apps from “Unknown sources”.

3. Too many fake apps out there:

No matter how you look at it, there’s always a risk involved when installing apps from Untrusted sources. There’s too many malicious apps that you can’t really tell the different between the real ones and the fake ones. Imagine a game that wants you to “grant access” to your contacts, WTF ? What has your contacts get to do with a game and so many other suspicious behavior. The URL can easily be swapped and automatically redirects you where a virus will be installed automatically into your device in a matter of seconds !

If you are really stubborn about it and wants to bypass Google Playstore and install such games maybe because it’s a free version, well make sure you update your Android OS to the latest version (OREO) first, it has more security features than older versions and honestly I wish you luck in your new adventure.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-why-you-stop-installing-games-and-apps-outside-playstore/

Stop pushing Google down our throats, I have being using android for years while downloading outside play store & ur imaginary virus has not located me yet, With all the data mining Google dey do, you dey push of your people to them just like a typical Nigerian blinded by greed for Adsense earning
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by justifyme(m): 8:17am On Aug 07, 2018
There are full of fake apps in playstore too!!! Apps full of ADS
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by gambit10: 8:23am On Aug 07, 2018
ZarahBuhari:
[img]https:///media/2-10-2018/Dl9r1j.gif[/img]

Stop tryna impose Apple Policy on Google

Google is way ahead of Apple...

Android - Open Source (Freedom to do whatsoever)
iOS - Close Source (In chains)

Have you seen this ?

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by oxygenlove(m): 8:54am On Aug 07, 2018
The day i stop to rely on playstore for my downloads was when i see apps like.. Naija ludo, naija whot, ayo olopon, etc on playstore.... Playstore don corrupt already jo

Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by konkprojects1: 8:57am On Aug 07, 2018
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by oxygenlove(m): 9:02am On Aug 07, 2018
abumeinben:

Choi...

First you need PPSSPP emulator from Google play store and install.

2. Google god of war PPSSPP iso. (Like 1.2GB) Ghost of Sparta of chains of Olympus.

3. Move the downloaded .iso file to game directory of PSP through you file explorer.... File manager >> PSP >> Game.

Then launch ppspp emulator. You'll see god of war there.
have you tried GOW ghost of sparta on ppsspp bfor?.. i only played chain of Olympus coz its playable... The other lags alot with severe glitches and so slow to play
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by newslifeop: 9:11am On Aug 07, 2018
More
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by Emyjeze(m): 9:32am On Aug 07, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
So how i go take stream free tv with apps like mobdro and other wonderful apps wey no dey play store??
mobdro is bae, my source of action, war, romantic horror movies and co. but I don't know if you noticed this, for like 3weeks now mine stopped working till today.
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by NisforNicky: 9:37am On Aug 07, 2018
kiddoiLL:
So as football Manager sweet reach, I go come need to pay Google play store to download am....abegiii

washere! cheesy
Abeg u fit give me link to downlnad football manager?
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by agentakins: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2018
Hmmm
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by frankosivue(m): 9:57am On Aug 07, 2018
kiddoiLL:
You play FMM18?
Re: This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. by OyinO: 10:02am On Aug 07, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

I have received multiple questions on how to install apps from third party developers (UNTRUSTED SOURCES) outside the Google playstore but I want to warn that installing apps outside the playstore or Apple app store is a PRETTY BAD IDEA. I know that sometimes, big game developers such as EPIC GAMES refuse to sell their games via the playstore because they don’t want to pay the 30% commission that Google demands for selling games via the playstore. They want you to download directly from their websites for example the newly released FORTNITE games. They call it “sideloading”. A lot of people download games and apps outside the Google Playstore without considering the risks involved. Android is open source so they only warn you but won’t stop you from installing the games and this is why people think iPhone is more secure that Android. Apple forbids it’s users from installing free apps outside the app store and they make it extremely difficult to do so. They have good reasons and that’s why I want to show you the dangers of installing outside the playstore.

1. Google security scan:

Every app on the Google Playstore goes through security scan and any malicious app is immediately deleted and removed from the playstore. This makes the playstore the most secure source to get your apps and games for Android devices. Any app not on the playstore does not undergo this security scan and you have no way of knowing if it’s a good one or not.

2. Malware and virus:

Most of those links you see online takes you directly to malicious sites where you can easily install spyware, malware or virus that can not only damage your device but expose your sensitive data such as contacts, bank details etc to hackers. You may even download a copy of the game that actually works on your device but does damage in the background. Malwares and spywares could use your phone cameras to spy on you or even worse. This is one of the reasons we warn you not to install or sideload apps from “Unknown sources”.

3. Too many fake apps out there:

No matter how you look at it, there’s always a risk involved when installing apps from Untrusted sources. There’s too many malicious apps that you can’t really tell the different between the real ones and the fake ones. Imagine a game that wants you to “grant access” to your contacts, WTF ? What has your contacts get to do with a game and so many other suspicious behavior. The URL can easily be swapped and automatically redirects you where a virus will be installed automatically into your device in a matter of seconds !

If you are really stubborn about it and wants to bypass Google Playstore and install such games maybe because it’s a free version, well make sure you update your Android OS to the latest version (OREO) first, it has more security features than older versions and honestly I wish you luck in your new adventure.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-why-you-stop-installing-games-and-apps-outside-playstore/

You said, and I quote,
"Imagine a game that wants you to “grant access” to your contacts, WTF ? What has your contacts get to do with a game and so many other suspicious behavior."
But 90% of games and apps downloaded from Play store ask for permission to CONTACTS AND EVEN CAMERA AND MORE before installation. However, on a general note, the post is informative and useful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Types Of People That Use Android Phones In Nigeria / My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. / 8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.