Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (118074 Views)

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by Enskynelson(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2018
HigherEd:
If the quality of people governing our churches were able to govern our nation then Nigeria might just be glorious.

Enenche: Medical doctor became pastor
Adeboye: First class Mathematician abandoned academia for the clergy
Oyedepo: Architect turn pastor
Olukoya: First class scientist turn pastor
Faith Oyedepo: First class graduate turn pastor
Kumuyi: First class graduate turn pastor
And the list goes on...

Yet you wonder why the Churches are growing in leaps and bound yet the nation is struggling. It seems the best of the best of university graduates are manning the churches while those with dubious qualifications are manning the govt, yet some thoughtless, senseless and directionless people would attack pastors for doing what pastors are meant to do - grow the church! They aren't meant to grow your economy or your education sector but the mandate of the church(whatever that means to them)

When they build universities they build the best!
Majority of them don't take loans despite having a less rigid source of income yet they complete projects in record time.
Most of their 'cities' are electrified 24/7. Many of them are now building huge sustainable cities for their members.

Show me anyone in your presidency with the Adminstrative prowress of Oyedepo, or anyone in your National assembly with the Integrity of Kumuyi.

But no keep blaming churches for your troubles! Let's see where that would take you all eventually.

Congratulations to Dunamis!

Lalasticlala here is the source
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1430413790435821&id=444807728996437

You are on point bro. God bless you. Nigerians expect wonders even when the leaders lack the necessary leadership qualities.

2 Likes

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2018
Glory be to God. Thank you Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by sarcasticdude(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2018
Glink2018:

Let's your govt and business mogul in the country handle that.
Have you been to UK and some other part of Europe and see what is expensed on the place of worship...
If you see it, you will know that Christian are just trying to...but they haven't matched up with them

This is a Blatant Lie I've Read about This online b4 and its not the case HABA WHY DO U LIKE LYING LIKE THIS NA?
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by iupac120: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Am elated based on the comments I have read in this post.
This is the first time of seeing my brethren ( Christians) to stand in one voice and opinion against the enemies of Christ.
They called themselves different names ie, atheists, agnostics, free thinkers, unbelievers, satanists etc but they have one objective which is to sow doubt and draw weak faith from the body of Christ.
My brethren, stand up and defend the body of Christ in your little ways.
Nigerian problem is not religion but poor and ineffective leadership. My working place cannot boast of continuous power supply. I will come to work and sit till 4.30pm without doing anything.
Abegi let me stop here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by eneojoedu(m): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
mmsen:
Waste of time, money and resources.

Imagine if Nigerians spent all that time and money on ensuring that there was sufficient electricity supply, roads, rail and airports...
which Nigerians?? the federal, state or local government abi the polithiefcians?? after you smoke your weed, learn to wait let your head clear small before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by enonche85(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
meobizy:
I stand here shaking my head at how Africans take this as an achievement. These pastors deep within themselves know what they do is wrong but to avoid taking advantage of the ignorant masses seems like a sin in itself.
To each their own. The enlightened can only watch from a distance.

And u believe u are among the enlightened?...smh

2 Likes

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by wirinet(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
HigherEd:

The $16 billion your govt(obj era) wasted in a so called bid to improve electricity alone is far more than the financial worth of many churches put together. We pay compulsory tax to our govt to improve our living standards and economy. We pay voluntary tax to church to advance the cause of christ.
Wrong analogy. The alleged $16billion was wasted due to bad management, planning and execution, which is the bane of the whole sub Saharan Africa. We just do not possess high level technical and managerial manpower. $16 might be huge for a private organization like a church, but it is nothing to a government.

You pay tax? now that is a lie. Most Nigerians do not pay tax, and for those that pay, most of the money does not get to government coffers.

And how is the "voluntary tax" to the churches improve your standard of living? It advances the cause of Christ (which is equal to the cause of the pastors that own the church), but how does it advance the cause of the members paying this "voluntary tax"?

Govt chops our money. Instead of us to revolt against govt we do sai baba! And love up to our oppressors. Then we turn to ask how money given to religious houses didn't tar roads, build airports lol.
The same way govenment chop our money is the same way Pastors chop your money. The difference is, we can complain when government chop our money, but you cannot even ask questions when pastors chop your money. You worship our own oppressors but turn around and complain government is not giving you good hospitals, roads, food, etc., when you prefer to pay tithes and offerings than tax.

Now let me do a little analogy for you once again cheesy
Let us make Aregbesola the manager of Winners Chapel resources for four years and make Oyedepo the head of Osun state for the same period. After four years I'm sure winners chapel under aregbe would be broke and Osun under Oyedepo would be flourishing. As a wise man once said "you either collapse your office to your small size or you raise it your big size. Pls attack the right people and leave churches out of your nonsense." The problem of Nigeria is not the lack of money or resources but lack of leaders with vision and drive. When you see some churches do strange exploits it is not the money that brought it forth but the vision and drive for their mandate. As long as their vision and drive lives they would continue to succeed!

poor analogy.
Aregbe would manage winners chapel as well as Oyedepo if not better and Oyedepo would be very poor in the management of Osun state. Aregbe does not have sole ownership of Osun state, he is not the general overseer of Osun state. He has to report to the national assembly and has to beg the people before he is elected and re-elected. He has only a definite time to govern osun. He cannot spend Osun money alone.

Winners on the other hand is absolute monarchy. The finances of Winners is the same thing as the finances of Oyedepo. He can decide to spend the money anyhow he likes. He does not report or is responsible to anybody. His word is law.

With the tithes and offerings that enters winners account every week, Oyedepo will continue to be richer no matter what happens in the general economy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by enonche85(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
HigherEd:
If the quality of people governing our churches were able to govern our nation then Nigeria might just be glorious.

And the list goes on...

Yet you wonder why the Churches are growing in leaps and bound yet the nation is struggling. It seems the best of the best of university graduates are manning the churches while those with dubious qualifications are manning the govt, yet some thoughtless, senseless and directionless people would attack pastors for doing what pastors are meant to do - grow the church! They aren't meant to grow your economy or your education sector but the mandate of the church(whatever that means to them)

Majority of them don't take loans despite having a less rigid source of income yet they complete projects in record time.
Most of their 'cities' are electrified 24/7. Many of them are now building huge sustainable cities for their members.

Show me anyone in your presidency with the Adminstrative prowress of Oyedepo, or anyone in your National assembly with the Integrity of Kumuyi.

But no keep blaming churches for your troubles! Let's see where that would take you all eventually.

Thank you sir!...this is the most sensible and truthful comment i've read in any post today.
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by Grace001: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Dlapezzi:
that is how is meant to be, the house God needs to be full.

Need to be full of hypocrites. isn't it?
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by eneojoedu(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Jaynom:
If only they could build factories cry
Factories Even if it is to absorb their members
shut up Mr spokesman for " their members"

1 Like

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by slimtoney(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
In all of these, no body has told us the source of wealth and money been sunk into a massive project of this nature. If it's not tithe at work, then where is the money coming from. If this effort is channelled towards creating job for the millions of jobless church goers this country will be a better place. Despite the proliferation of churches in every nooks and crannies of this Nation, crime and ungodly acts are on the rise, then I ask, where is the moral and spiritual impacts of these so called houses of God? These pastors are just running an empire of businesses and living big. It is not everything we run cap in hands to Government, where individuals like these pastorprenures are exploiting people in the name of God.
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by wirinet(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
iupac120:
This is the first time of seeing my brethren ( Christians) to stand in one voice and opinion against the enemies of Christ.
They called themselves different names ie, atheists, agnostics, free thinkers, unbelievers, satanists etc but they have one objective which is to sow doubt and draw weak faith from the body of Christ.
Nigerian problem is not religion but poor and ineffective leadership. My working place cannot boast of continuous power supply. I will come to work and sit till 4.30pm without doing anything.
Abegi let me stop here!

Nigeria's major problem is religion. It is the the main cause of poor and ineffective leadership. It promotes prayers over work, it promote subservience over accountability. It promotes division, hatred and nepotism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by RealNaijaQuin: 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
mbos:

GO TO E DEY WORK AND SEE FOR YOURSELF

where is it located?
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by slimtoney(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
eneojoedu:
shut up Mr spokesman for " their members"
E BE LIKE SAY U DE MAD ABI. WAIT MAKE I GBAB U BEAT SENSE INTO THAT UR EMPTY HEAD, GOAT
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by Jackipapa: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
The 12 commandments

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
InansBobo:
because he has no background knowledge of what's the reason for this
wouldn't it have been better if u provided d background knowledge regarding d situation? What is d reason 4 this?
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by wirinet(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
slimtoney:
In all of these, no body has told us the source of wealth and money been sunk into a massive project of this nature. If it's not tithe at work, then where is the money coming from. If this effort is channelled towards creating job for the millions of jobless church goers this country will be a better place. Despite the proliferation of churches in every nooks and crannies of this Nation, crime and ungodly acts are on the rise, then I ask, where is the moral and spiritual impacts of these so called houses of God? These pastors are just running an empire of businesses and living big. It is not everything we run cap in hands to Government, where individuals like these pastorprenures are exploiting people in the name of God.

Imagine if this was a factory producing any of those item we waste precious dollars importing. Imagine building a 10,000 capacity factory. The ripple effect on the economy would be huge. But it seems spiritual business is much more profitable with a faster return on investment, while impoverishing the people. The hypocrisy is that poor jobless people would flock the church paying seed offerings for miracle jobs

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by lexy2014: 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
iupac120:
Abegi let me stop here
!
and u are collecting free money. Ethically, is that right?
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by yomz1e(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
The church building competition has truly come alive, I am putting N1 million Naira bet on another church to build 250,000 seater church in the next 5 years.

God only gave one person in the entire bible the specifications of the temple he wants, now we have so many variations of it in Nigeria. All these Solomon's building revenue generating avenue pretending to be churches, you all know the real reason and God knows too. I say no More. saw the pictures of the attendees.... 99.5% of the congregation would not be able to afford the amenities.. no be curse , its just fact.
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by yomz1e(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
All the statelite churches, home fellowship and of course foreign branches which carry more kudos. someone once told me.. the pastors in these churches are only securing their own retirement and for their future generation and leave the congregation to sort themselves out...

slimtoney:
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by dermmy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
Great one
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by donblazer10(m): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
HigherEd:

And the list goes on...

baba if you want to give all your money to pastors give abeg..dont bore us with long story that I'm sure most people won't read
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by rman: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
DookShop:

Don't get it all twisted. Governance is simple. Requires commitment and hard work but it is simple. At its simplest form, it is service and nothing more. That Nigeria is filled with visionless rulers doesn't change that fact.

There is nothing twisted there, building church auditoriums by GOs whose followers see them as demi gods and barely question them is completely different from governing a complex society like Nigeria.

There is really no correlation sef. Religious houses/settings is devoid of logic. To assume pastors or Imams will be better political leaders using their achievement in religious environment is ludicrous
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by eneojoedu(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
slimtoney:

E BE LIKE SAY U DE MAD ABI. WAIT MAKE I GBAB U BEAT SENSE INTO THAT UR EMPTY HEAD, GOAT
after examining your brain through your useless comment, it is obvious beyond reasonable doubt that, THERE IS NOTHING RIGHT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR BRAIN, AND THERE IS NOTHING LEFT ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF IT. EWU

1 Like

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by rman: 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
wirinet:

Wrong analogy. The alleged $16billion was wasted due to bad management, planning and execution, which is the bane of the whole sub Saharan Africa. We just do not possess high level technical and managerial manpower. $16 might be huge for a private organization like a church, but it is nothing to a government.

You pay tax? now that is a lie. Most Nigerians do not pay tax, and for those that pay, most of the money does not get to government coffers.

And how is the "voluntary tax" to the churches improve your standard of living? It advances the cause of Christ (which is equal to the cause of the pastors that own the church), but how does it advance the cause of the members paying this "voluntary tax"?

The same way govenment chop our money is the same way Pastors chop your money. The difference is, we can complain when government chop our money, but you cannot even ask questions when pastors chop your money. You worship our own oppressors but turn around and complain government is not giving you good hospitals, roads, food, etc., when you prefer to pay tithes and offerings than tax.

poor analogy.
Aregbe would manage winners chapel as well as Oyedepo if not better and Oyedepo would be very poor in the management of Osun state. Aregbe does not have sole ownership of Osun state, he is not the general overseer of Osun state. He has to report to the national assembly and has to beg the people before he is elected and re-elected. He has only a definite time to govern osun. He cannot spend Osun money alone.

Winners on the other hand is absolute monarchy. The finances of Winners is the same thing as the finances of Oyedepo. He can decide to spend the money anyhow he likes. He does not report or is responsible to anybody. His word is law.

With the tithes and offerings that enters winners account every week, Oyedepo will continue to be richer no matter what happens in the general economy.

Thank you! Some of the posters fail to factor in the fact that GOs are demi gods. No one questions them, they can do whatever they like and the followers 100% comply. Totally different from being part of a government at different levels. Even the president have polices and procedures governing him.
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by kunleweb: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
HigherEd:

The $16 billion your govt(obj era) wasted in a so called bid to improve electricity alone is far more than the financial worth of many churches put together. We pay compulsory tax to our govt to improve our living standards and economy. We pay voluntary tax to church to advance the cause of christ.

Govt chops our money. Instead of us to revolt against govt we do sai baba! And love up to our oppressors. Then we turn to ask how money given to religious houses didn't tar roads, build airports lol.

Now let me do a little analogy for you once again cheesy
Let us make Aregbesola the manager of Winners Chapel resources for four years and make Oyedepo the head of Osun state for the same period. After four years I'm sure winners chapel under aregbe would be broke and Osun under Oyedepo would be flourishing. As a wise man once said "you either collapse your office to your small size or you raise it your big size. Pls attack the right people and leave churches out of your nonsense." The problem of Nigeria is not the lack of money or resources but lack of leaders with vision and drive. When you see some churches do strange exploits it is not the money that brought it forth but the vision and drive for their mandate. As long as their vision and drive lives they would continue to succeed!

Jesus Christ, you've got no chill brov. Kudos meanwhile cheesy

1 Like

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by kunleweb: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
Jaynom:
If only they could build factories cry
Factories Even if it is to absorb their members

makes a sense
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by kunleweb: 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
bigpicture001:
it's only church naija knows how to build..common research center dey cannot build

Wrong, not an MFM member, but MFM built a public, and i believe one of the best scientific research centres in the country

1 Like

Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by kunleweb: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Let's all just make sure whatever criticisms we come up with it's not laced with an underlying motive,envy/covetousness grin

I'm neither in support nor in the other camp grin
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by rman: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
wirinet:

Nigeria's major problem is religion. It is the the main cause of poor and ineffective leadership. It promotes prayers over work, it promote subservience over accountability. It promotes division, hatred and nepotism.

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Their comments devoid of logic and critical thinking. Typical of majority of religious folks.
Re: Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion by InansBobo(m): 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Redhot111:

Bros pin down. As at when you wrote this, no body don even comment or criticize.
it was modified sir after I noted the criticism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium / Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other / TB Joshua: Okotie Celebrates The Death Of 'Lucifer', Shares Cryptic Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.