Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Dependant Visa Uk (student) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dependant Visa Uk (student) (12954 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Dependant Visa Application In The UK / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2007
my wife is in Nigeria,and I don't know how to bring her here.
I am a student doing my Msc in canterbury,kent.
What are the steps i need to take to apply for her over there in nigeria so she can come over
am in the dark please.

thanks

dada77
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by vikiviko(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2007
I can help arrange for your wife to visit you.
Contact me on vikiviko2002@yahoo.com or 23418516418
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2007
@vikiviko
I am not processing the visiting visa,i need a dependent visa.do u really know what i mean?if not let me asap.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by vikiviko(m): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2007
I know what you want
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2007
spik to u soon.
thanks
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by English1(f): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2007
I don't believe that your wife can get a visa to join you while you are only on a student visa. To get a wife's visa then you, as the husband, must be 'settled' in the UK, which means

‘Settled’ means being allowed to live in the UK lawfully, with no time limit on your stay. "Present and settled" means that the person concerned is settled in the UK and, at the time we are considering your application under the Immigration Rules, is in the UK or is coming here with you, or to join you and plans to live with you in the UK if your application is successful.

You also have to prove that you will be able to support her financially.

Go to the Home Office site for more information: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/passports-and-immigration/visas/?view=Standard
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2007
@english1
pls get your facts right.
thanx anyway
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2007
@english1
dat is absolutely incorrect.
pls get ur facts right
thanx anyway.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by LoverBwoy(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2007
I think she is right mr dada77
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2007
@english1 and loverboy
I would not want to argue with both of you.
What i will do is to ask you a commonsensical question which goes thus, if am doing a Msc course enroute Phd which is 1+3 years,and i dont want to come to nigeria to see my family(specifically my wife),what happens then?wait till i finish after 4years or ??
I dont want to quote immigration stipulated laws,but deal with this issue with you guys like ABC.
Pls i nid an intellectual response

thanx
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2007
Dada 77

Your wife should be able to join you as a spouse of a student.
As you correctly pointed out English1 and Loverbwoy are incorrect.

In order for your wife to join you both of you must meet the requirements
of the immigration rules. These include:
. Being able to accommodate and maintain her without recourse to public funds.
. Must leave at the end of your studies.

She may also be permitted to work in certain circumstances.

You state that you are a masters degree student, I really can't see
why you cannot pursue the application for yourself without involving
the expense of a visa agent. The application is not rocket science.

Sorry to pour sand, sand for your gari Vikiviko. grin grin grin
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by LoverBwoy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2007
dada77 prior to my respone the only information you gave was that you are studying for your Msc- you could be handing in your project for all i know
I no be mind reader abeg

Anyway Goodluck and thanks VOR for answering
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2007
@VOR
Thanks ,
Actually i dont intend to solicit for the services for a visa agent,perhaps i dont know if vikiviko is one,he would be able to answer that.
However,you could go ahead and throw more light to me as regards this,and let me know if you really want to know my personal circumstances over here so as to provide a more clearer application process.
Am available for your welcomed contributions.

Thanx
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2007
@loverBwoy,
Actually I could deduce from your last response as misunderstanding my last post to you and english1 to be a slightly rude clarification from myself.Actually i never expected anyone to come up with such responses as to the impossibility of bringing my wife to UK whilst i remain a student.

However,i do understand your point that it would be logically detrimental if my Msc programme elapses or finishes by september,and i apply for my wife in may/june or thereabout.It could lead to a refusal based on my course end date i.e if am not studying again.

Hope u understand me.Sorry for not been explicit enough.Though my Msc finishes by september 2007,but am commencing my Phd immediately in january 2008.

Hope this helps.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2007
Dada,

Based on the guys previous posts in which he has been touting for business
here I am 101% sure he is a visa agent.

Anyway I digress. Here is a link to the form your wife needs to complete.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1Oct06,3.pdf

Good luck.

Don't hesitate to ask if you require more information, and by the way my services are free. wink
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2007
@VOR
Thanx for d app. form.
What are the supporting documents I would require to buttress my application both from me and my wife.
Hope u understand me.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 12:02am On Mar 30, 2007
@Dada

Your application should really be quite straight forward.
But supporting documents would include:

.Recent Bank statements to prove your ability to support both of you.
.Evidence of suitable accommodation, eg rental agreement.
.Certified copy of your passport's bio data page and perhaps your student visa page.
. A letter of confirmation from your university confirming you are duly enrolled.
. Proof of your marriage to each other, i.e marriage certificate.
. Covering letter from yourself.
. Any other documents you feel may be relevant to support the application.

Once again good luck.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2007
@VOR
Thanx.
What docs does she need to present on her name,if any.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2007
@Dada

Not sure I understand you here.

All I will say is that if there are any documents
you think are relevant to your application then
submit them.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by pattiano(f): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2007
Hi VOR i checked out for you e-mail in your profile but its not applicable please i will like to travel out but do not know how to go about it. I will really love your assistance. I have been trying canada of late, but its not just working out. So i am trying any european country now.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2007
@VOR
I mean doc to show her present circumstances here in Nigeria,
hope u understand me
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by mrpataki(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2007
pattiano:

Hi VOR i checked out for you e-mail in your profile but its not applicable please i will like to travel out but do not know how to go about it. I will really love your assistance. I have been trying canada of late, but its not just working out. So i am trying any european country now.
What exactly do you want to travel out to do?
Are you going for a student visa, or a visit visa?
Are you at the moment in gainful employment or a Senior Applicant of Nigeria(SAN), or you are still in school?

Let us know then we can go further.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2007
@mrpataki

Pls cld you further provide me with more info as regards the subject matter
thanx
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2007
@Pattiano

I don't generally provide my e-mail because I prefer to answer
questions and queries in this public forum, so that everybody
can benefit, assuming of course people have similar problems.

The much venerated and respected Mr Pataki has asked a couple
of salient questions you will need to answer befor matters can be taken further.

@Dada,

Her circumstances in Nigeria are not particularly relevant for the purposes
of her application. Having said that however, if you can provide proof that
she has every reason to return to Nigeria eg her job is held open for her
whilst she is away then that will be helpful.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2007
@VOR
Thanx.
She has just completed her NYSC Orientation camp programme in ibadan on the 27th of march,2007.Jut last week.
so ?
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by pattiano(f): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2007
@ Pataki and Vor

Thanks for attending to me on time i want to go for my post graduate studies i am gainfully employed and i have been trying for sometime i would have loved to go for a visiting visa but my sister does not have a stay permit so she cannot invite me.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by mrpataki(m): 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2007
VOR:

@Dada,

Her circumstances in Nigeria are not particularly relevant for the purposes
of her application.

Her circumstances is the most important thing and a determining factor in fact for her application.

dada77:

@VOR
Thanx.
She has just completed her NYSC Orientation camp programme in ibadan on the 27th of march,2007.Jut last week.
so ?
Well that still has a considerable ground for application. However if she is going to apply, she will have to get all the documents my Oga VOR has stated out to you, that is of you are the sponsor, possibly she should include her own bank statement, with a substantial amount of Niara in it oh, if she has assets like land property, investments in shares etc, she should include such, as well photographs of your wedding pictures, even though she is not going for settlement visa, i guess. Most importantly, she should get a letter from NYSC stating that she would return to duty after her short visit to her husband. Submit a photocopy of her NYSC id card too.

I guess I will stop here for now.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by mrpataki(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2007
pattiano:

@ Pataki and Vor

Thanks for attending to me on time i want to go for my post graduate studies i am gainfully employed and i have been trying for sometime i would have loved to go for a visiting visa but my sister does not have a stay permit so she cannot invite me.

Well start with getting a school in the UK at least get like 2-3 schools to offer you admission, if the UK is your new line of interest.

What kinda stay does your sister have, a Further Leave to Remain or a Limited Leave to Remain?
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2007
@mr pataki
She doesnt have everything u have mentioned.She graduated from OAU last year october,and completed orientation camp this march(27th).She plans to come over possibly to discontinue her NYSC,and join me in the UK.
Does she need a large sum of money in her statement as i am the sponsor?Anyway she has a bank statement with petty amount in the five digits.
Also she is not coming to visit,she is coming to stay with possibly till i finish my phd in 2011.
Does she has to do anything with the NYSC Stuff?
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by pattiano(f): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2007
@ mrpataki

I do not understand what you mean by further stay and the rest but she is went there through a seminar and has decided to remain there in Canada and she has been there for 3 yrs now. Also i will appreciate if you give me the list of schools to apply.

Thanks
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2007
mrpataki:

Her circumstances is the most important thing and a determining factor in fact for her application.

Well that still has a considerable ground for application. However if she is going to apply, she will have to get all the documents my Oga VOR has stated out to you, that is of you are the sponsor, possibly she should include her own bank statement, with a substantial amount of Niara in it oh, if she has assets like land property, investments in shares etc, she should include such, as well photographs of your wedding pictures, even though she is not going for settlement visa, i guess. Most importantly, she should get a letter from NYSC stating that she would return to duty after her short visit to her husband. Submit a photocopy of her NYSC id card too.

I guess I will stop here for now.

With respect Mr Pataki I would disagree with you on this point.

The real determining factor is what the sponsor is doing in the UK.
And that the Nigerian spouse is able to be maintained and accommodated
by the sponsor and that she will leave with him at the end of his studies. If she is granted
an EC it will be in line with Dadas.

I know many Nigerian spouses granted visas and the only thing they can describe themselves
as is a housewife. Should the British High Commission refuse to grant DaDAs wife a visa then
based on what he has said he would have valid grounds for an Article 8(Right to family life)
human rights appeal.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by mrpataki(m): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2007
pattiano:

@ mrpataki

I do not understand what you mean by further stay and the rest but she is went there through a seminar and has decided to remain there in Canada and she has been there for 3 years now. Also i will appreciate if you give me the list of schools to apply.

Thanks

Oh it is Canada, I am not too knowledgeable on that line, so sorry. I thought she was in UK.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Your State Living Up To It's Slogan? / Traffic Advisory: APC Lagos Governorship Primary At Onikan Today / Abuja Airport Runway Will Be Ready By Monday, Says FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.