Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating (2629 Views)

Poll: Rate the world cup Referees' performances so far:

Above Average: 0% (0 votes)
Average: 50% (2 votes)
Below Average: 50% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup / Africa World Cup Qualifying Format: Is It Right? / What Was Your South Africa World Cup Best And Worst Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by demoore1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
The best thing for Africans to do is to pull out of the world cup since they are always a victim of poor refereeing.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by sayso: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
very poor
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Homonide: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2010
As much as we all know that referees are human beings too, they are bound to make errors, as human beings are fallible. I have actually seen referees err in the ongoing WC in SA, but i've also seen some very bad decisions on the part of the referees, which make me think that some of them have actually been compromised.

Apart from the USA game, the worst has been the match between Brazil & Ivory Coast. I wonder what the French referee, Stephane Lannoy was thinking, i mean he obviously saw the handballs. What the heck was he discussing with the Cheat, Fabiano? I mean he had given a goal already, was he expecting Fabiano to confess that he did handle the ball twice? It was stupidity of the highest level, and i just hope FIFA would do something to punish the referee to serve as a deterrent to others.

By that singular act, the French referee has added another ideology to the existing "kaitaism" and "kakaism" that have been developed in the ongoing World Cup. It is called "Lannoyism".
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Iniabasi: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2010
Mr Roberto Rossetti(Italy) in charge of Ghana /Australia shouldnt have sent off Harry Kewell,there was nothin he could do to get his hand out of the way for the seeming Ghanian goal. also the referees have been too eager to brandish red cards just as in the case of Tim Cahill,
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by lydosky: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
What else do we expect, there have always being a favourite club
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2010
The British ref in the Italy/Slovakia game wasn't in the mood for unnecessary acting. The man go just go meet the player tell make e stand up. Even those wey dey fight for ball 2 of dem chop card.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Kgdavid(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2010
i beleive anther yahia the algerian captain was wrongly sent off in a case of mistaken identity, one of the algerian players abused the ref, the ref then called the player, turned around and walked three/ four steps away and then turned back to award the card. while the ref had turned his back, yahia had rushed in to drag his players away and to beg the ref, when the ref turned around it was yahia he saw and he then gave him the card despite pleas from yahia that it was not him. poor
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by medjai(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^^thats so funny. I think it was their game against Slovenia. I didnt notice it. The officiating has been fair IMO. The worst decision so far was the USA vs Slovenia game when the ref, Dramane Coulibaly disallowed Edu's goal. Absolutely horrendous. Thank God USA still made it through
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by kobikwelu(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
^^^thats so funny. I think it was their game against Slovenia. I didnt notice it. The officiating has been fair IMO. The worst decision so far was the USA vs Slovenia game when the ref, Dramane Coulibaly disallowed Edu's goal. Absolutely horrendous. Thank God USA still made it through

^^^^^
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

fair!!!!! FAIR!!!!!

jesus!!! which station have u bin watching ur matches

by the way , the above ref has been demoted/downgraded to a fourth official,

most of the refs have been card happy, they are easily decieved by play acting, poor positioning, (always interfering with play), biased towards attckers,

its bin poor
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Kgdavid(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2010
medjai:

actually it occurred in the last few minutes of the match against the U.S when the U.S had scored and the Algerians knew there was no hope for them. i still dont get why coulibaly is being condemned for a decision that was essentially the linesmans
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by creative10: 4:46am On Jun 28, 2010
I'm not going to comment on a yellow card, a red card a spot kick - that's old news in this event.  However injustice of the magnitude seen in this world cup is shocking.  Check out the link and yes it does talk about the hand ball incident, additionally injustice towards Italy's and England (I can't even stand this side) are essentially tournament eliminating and sad.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37960187/ns/sports-world_cup/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Creamish(f): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
I can imagine d anger being thrown against the Ref dat officiated d match btw England and Germany . . undecided
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by mamagee3(f): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
I think the World Cup's officiating team are blind as a bat!

They make serious and unnecessary mistakes and I don't get why.

It's really beginning to piss me off!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watching Live Match Online / Football Winning Secret Revealed / What Lionel Messi Said After Sergio Ramos Mugged Him Off In El Clasico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.