Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

Assistants To Your Faith (2) - 2 Peter 1:1, 5-7; James 1:1-3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assistants To Your Faith (2) - 2 Peter 1:1, 5-7; James 1:1-3 (198 Views)

WHAT IS THE "NEW HEAVENS" AND "NEW EARTH" MENTIONED IN 2 PETER 3 : 13 / Can You Fall From Your Secure Position? ( 2 Peter 3:17 ) - Paul Ellis / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Assistants To Your Faith (2) - 2 Peter 1:1, 5-7; James 1:1-3 by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 08, 2018
Patience is the next assistant to our faith. The big problem in the fight of faith is how to deal with the passage of time. Most people say, “I know I will make it, but I don’t know when.” They are dealing with the passage of time and that is the difference between man and God. God knows when but He doesn’t give us the ability to know when and that is why we must live by faith. If you know the time of your manifestation, there will be no need for faith.

Hence, you can only develop patience which is a supernatural ability when you begin to face the trial of your faith. Patience is the ability that helps you handle the passage of time without changing your consistency of action. People on a journey for the first time ask the driver “Are we there yet?” but the driver knows the destination; he has calculated and knows how long the journey will take. That is what is called patience: “We will be on this road for long, so we won’t change but we will keep driving.”

There are times you don’t see anything on the road of faith and it looks like you are lost, even though you are still on the road—don’t be dismayed because you are not lost and you will get there. Similarly, when you are using your faith and standing on the Word, all kinds of things will change, but the destination will not change.

PRAYER: Lord, help my patience! Help me to tarry until You come through for me in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezra 7:1-8:20, 1 Corinthians 4:1-21, Psalm 30:1-12, Proverbs 20:28-30

Rev. Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Enforcing God's Will. / The Victorious Christian / Develop Your Faith Before Crisis Comes - Habakkuk 2:4, Hebrews 11:6, 1 John 5:4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.